Trying to Fit Yoga in for Fri Dec 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Get Ripped 1000 (65") and added on a couple sets of lat rows, lateral raises for shoulders, and triceps extensions (cuz I don't think I used enough weight during the workout). I then added on Stability Ball Abs (15") from Cathe's Pyramid Upper and Stability Ball Legs and Glutes from Pyramid Lower (15")and stretch from Ripped 1000. I then did a set of Firewalkers followed by a set of Gliding Lunges with the discs. I also did Ancient Ayurvedic Yoga (about 1/2 hour). At the end of the leg work, workout time was abvout 1 hour and 50 minutes and I burned 540 calories.

I'm not sure if I'm just so zoned out with all of this job stuff on my mind or if that workout wasn't that tough. I don't know...perhaps I over did it cuz of the state I'm in. I'll guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm so used to lifting around what Cathe lifts and getting a good workout. I can also judge what to lift with Amy, but Jari throws me off. I hardly felt anything when I lifted what it said she was lifting. I'll have to do this again lifting heavier. That's why I ended up adding stuff on.

I would like opinions on this job situation. I could hardly sleep last night wondering about all of this. I don't know if I should take the Atty job if I'm offered it now cuz of that one atty yesterday. I don't know which place would be worse. I don't want to make a mistake. My DH agrees that the atty yesterday sounded a bit jerky...but each job has it's pros and cons. The main pro about the Atty job is that I'd only be there 8 hours a day and at the Real Estate place (since they don't pay for your lunch), you'd be there 8 hours and 45 minutes a day. I think the work would be slightly easier at the REal Estate job, but I'm not sure about Gina. I told my DH that I would just pray about it and ask God to only offer me the Atty job if it would be the better place to work. He laughed at me and said , you can't do that. I wonder why he said that. I don't know what to do. I thought if I prayed and turned it over to God and put it like I just said, that if I get offered the job, then I'd know it's God's will. Does that make sense or do you agree with my DH and say that it doesn't work that way. Sorry, I'm going on and on here......babble babble.
Jen - Why are you saying you don't want a cheap rebounder? If it's all you can afford right now, why not just get it and try it for a while. It should last a little while. The better made, more expensive ones are just made sturdier. I think I've read over at VF that some ladies have gotten the cheapos from Walmarts and they lasted for a little bit. Maybe you can do a search over there....and then you can just save up for an Urban Rebounder. I couldn't be without that piece of equipment. When my back bothers me, I always do my aerobics on the rebounder. When I've been doing a lot of high impact and want a break from it, I go to the rebounder and like I've said before, I always modify Cathe's higher impact stuff like tuck jumps on it.

Good Morning!!

Looks like I got yoga on tap for Saturday. Today is Core Syngeristics.

Jen,

So you have bpal oils too? My favs are Aeval, Blood Kiss, Hell Cat, Ravenous, Jailbait, Eat Me, All Night Long, Himerus, Osun and the list goes on.

Charlotte~~

Char- OH no, we have another addict here with the oils!

Lora- great WO. I talked about the job a bit in the other thread.

Jenn- so, I am still messing around with the IPOD> During my runs, I listened to HInder and Seether. I like rock alot. THey get me pumped alot. I want to keep listening to other music to see if any get me pumped you know? Have to see.
No, I really didn't read anybooks, just mags. When I first started I did count calories, but that started to drive me nuts, so I just cleaned up my diet and ate when I was hungry.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi all! Taking a quick peek at lunch since it's slow here. Feeling yesterday's WO in the butt and abs already! Exciting!

Char-I am going to look those BPAL oils up. I already had Vixen and Glitter and just ordered Hell Cat and Velvet. I bought DH umbra, black forest, sin and manus/mangus, something like that. How many more weeks of P90X do you have? Are you going back to Cathe after or are you going to do something else?

Megadoo-Encouraged that you dropped weight w/o all the counting madness. I like rock too but don't listen to it as much as I used to since DH doesn't care that much for it-except the songs they feature on Smallvlle-those sometimes catch his attention. He likes 70's funk-go figure! Since we met he listens to more variety. Most of the time we settle on smooth jazz. :)

Lora-Good God! A 540 calorie burner that didn't feel tough enough! Can't even fathom that! Re: the job situation, I think you just need to figure out what is most important to you, in particular what you value in the people & company you will be working for. People are generally happiest when they work for a company and people who share their values. For example, a company that places high value on attendance (punctuality, strict adherence to a set schedule, etc.), doesn't really mesh with someone who values a flexible schedule and wants to come and go as they please. Some companies value creativity, others don't. Nothing is wrong with either situation, it's just not a good fit. You get my point...try to figure out what you value most and gravitate toward the company that has the most to offer in that regard. IMHO, God is not only in the opportunities presented to us, but what we decide to do (or not do)with them.

Oops, better go! Lunch is over! See ya'll later after my WO.

Jen

Well - I'm officially a NERVOUS WRECK. I don't think I can make it thru this this time. DH keeps telling me I need to start thinking better and not being so stupid if I'm going to work for the Attorneys!! That really helps my self esteem. My 47-year old brain is NOT what it used to be.

They offered me the job downtown for the Attorneys (never thought they would after yesterday). They gave me a wage offer and told me I could counter......never did that before today! So I countered and they accepted. I won't have any Health Insurance, but I have it with my DH.....but it was slightly nicer to have both.....better coverage with copays, etc. I'ts only about 10 cents less an hour than I made at the hospital, but more if you factor in the benefits. I called Gina and informed her (got her voice mail).

So everyone better chat it up with me now, cuz from the way the one atty made it sound, I won't have time to go to the bathroom on the job as busy as it gets.........Yikes and today was officially my last day at the hospital......so I guess I did okay with finding a comparable job... good thing I was on sick time so I could look.

So I did BM2 today. I didn't make it thru all the abs and stretch cuz my Uncle showed up to fix our water pressure problem and he kept interrupting me so I gave up. I will do abs later. Plus, he didn't even fix the problem ARGH!!!! But, it was a good WO nonetheless.

Jenn- I forgot to mention earler. The horses are actually at my mom's, which is next door. WE live in the boonies, so there is quite a bit of land. We have had horses since I was 8. I always showed them, hunt seat, jumping, and dressage. I REEEEAAAALy want to get back into it in the spring. I love my horse and he is alot of fun. We have alot of training to do with the pony Belle. Love that name! SHe is a cutey too.

Lora- you will do wonderfulllY! You can accomplish anything, and I am sure you will learn the new stuff just fine. I have confidence in you. Congratulations!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hi everyone. I don't have much time but just wanted to post and say hi. Well, 10" of snow fell on us last night and I still had to go to work this morning. It was a nightmare digging out the driveway and took 1.5 hours. Also the drive was long and the drive home was longer. Boo! I didn't want to go to the gym after this heinous day so I went home and tried Eoin Finn's Pure and Simple Yoga. I love it! It is really cool because he constantly is talking about only doing what you can and to not push yourself too hard. I need that sometimes because I am an overachiever }( . It was 40 min long. Also, there was a 4 min relaxation breathing part at the end which I ffwd through. DH and I have another freakin' party to go to. Only one more left after this one. Hope everyone is doing well. I will post more tomorrow.

Oh, Megadoo, I clicked on your picturetrail for the first time tonight. All I can say is Oh My Goodness! You look amazing girl! How much weight did you lose? How long did it take? Did you start out with Cathe or something else?

Oh, one more thing. I am watching Yoga Zen with Sara Ivanhoe on FitTV and it looks pretty good. Of course I looked on the web and it isn't on again for another month. I am going to record it and do it. I like her a lot.

Karin

ETA - Another thing I like about Eoin's attitude was that he makes you feel good about the body that you have. I have been a little down lately since the old knee injury and feeling flabby because I can't do my normal workouts. He made me feel better about myself :) .

Hi All!

CardioFusion for me today....I really like this calorie burner!

Lora: Congratulations on the job. I will continue to work on Fluid Power....I am determined to accomplish this yoga thing.

Meg: Sorry about the H20 problems....YUCK!

Charlotte: I hope you are surviving your FIL's visit.

Jen: I'm not crazy about steel cut oats either. I make a big batch at a time and then microwave them for the rest of the week.... they do reheat nicely. I haven't tried lactaid as I'm content with my soy milk. Have FUN with all your new workouts...YAY!!!!

Karin, thank you! You are really sweet. I lost 62lbs so far. I want to go just about 5 or so more. I started doing Denise Austin. I have only been doing Cathe just under a year. That is when I really started to see the progress. Thank the Lord I found her! Hope you get dug out soon!! I wish I was getting some of that snow!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hi all! Tonight's WO was Cardio & Weights. My legs were very fatigued from yesterday so I barely made it through the 3rd combo-really had to squeak out the energy to get over the step. Tomorrow's the last day of this rotation, so I have to make a decision. I have been bringing the rotation printouts to bed with me at night to compare them-sexy, I know. DH says I sure do "study" for my workouts alot :)-LOL! Just wondering if any of you have done an all circuit rotation? I think it would be a nice shock to the system, but I am concerned about (1) getting bored by the lack of variety and (2) hitting it that hard every day.

Lora-Great news about the law office job! You can handle it! I still like the idea of spending a little bit on the rebounder to get a good one. DH is acting a bit interested about it and I really need to get him moving.

Megadoo-That is awesome that you have so much breathing space. I like the outdoors but have had a couple of bad experiences when I went walking so I don't do it much anymore. One time, I was called a fat cow by some teenage boys and they made mooing sounds as I walked by. So humiliating. :( Another time some kids were hanging out of a car and called me some names I cannot repeat here. I should just shake it off. It's too bad, there's a nice park right across the street from my neighborhood but I hardly ever go. Sorry to be a poopie tonight! Thanks for letting me share. I just have to work through these things. Sometimes I feel like my emotional issues are stored up in my fat and as the layers reduce, it seems like there's all this emotion to work through. Did you ever feel like this? On the happy side, I also feel like I reach a layer where I get this subtle, deep, all-knowing feeling that I am becoming stronger and more fit. I got that feeling a few times during this rotation and it was really nice.

Tammy-That's what I did-the big batch. I think I'll try making them with fat free milk next time. Are you making yours with water? What are you adding to them? Thanks for celebrating my new workouts with me-I am definately having fun already! :)

Karin-Another party?! Oh my!! What are you going to do-try to stay strong or enjoy it as a last hurrah? That's nice aobut Eoin and the body image thing. We all need some perspective some days. Hang in there-you really are doing great and staying consistent-even if it's not the intensity you feel mentally ready for! You'll heal up sooner and better if you take the time to do the right things now.

Night everyone!

Jen

ETA-Tammy, your Christmas decorations are gone already! It's not even New Year's yet! :) Can't wait to see you decked out for the next holiday!

Jen: I make mine with water and add cinnamon and natural peanut butter. The next time I make them I plan on using soy milk to add some flavor. Sorry about the loss of my xmas decorations, but I was more than ready to let this christmas season go....too exhausting. I love Cardio and Weights and have to add that one to my rotation soon. Keep up the good work!

Awww Jenn, sorry you had to experience the cruelty of others. That was really rotten, and I can't imagine how you must have felt. BUT!!!Even though I have not met you in person, I can tell that you are a beautuful person, inside and out. And seeing that you will take your choices of rotation printouts with you to bed, you are certainly dedicated to your journey, and I have every faith that you will reach your goals. Don't let some immature jerks take you down, or make you feel any less then you are!
Sweet dreams. I wish we lived closer, cuz I would go to that park with you for a nice walk!:+

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.