Trying to Fit Yoga in for Finally Friday February 22

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did AOS Providence Kettlebell Workout followed by Amy Bento's stretch segment from Hi/Lo Dome (cuz the KB workout had no stretch). Workout was 67" and I burned 469 calories. I used my 15, 20 and 25 lb KB's. Chest presses were surprisingly hard with only a 20 lb KB. For some reason, they seem harder cuz the weight load is distributed differently holding the KB. I did all of the overhead shoulders....hope they hold out. I used light weight for the Windmills & overhead squats where you keep your arm locked out.

Wow -- My preview of this DVD was wrong. I didn't do this last Friday cuz when I previewed it, it looked like it moved slow and wasn't that hard. Doing it was ANOTHER story! Wow....I liked it. Couldn't believe how my HR stayed pretty high and I had to actually take breaks! I planned on doing a recovery jog on the Rebounder during the 1 minute breaks and I did that somewhat, but at a couple points, I actually took a breather. I can also see why KB training makes your legs in great shape.....it's all of those super low (to the floor) squats!! Yikes. I really liked this one.

I got the Newport DVD last night and previewed it and it looks really tough. I don't know if I'm ready for it yet. Need to practice on form. I also ordered Firepower since I liked this so much.

Have a great day everyone. It's snowing here like crazy......need to leave for work early......ugh!

Jen - I went to another new hairdresser last night cuz the one I was going to doesn't work late on any of the days I get out of work on time cuz we don't have patients. Still too soon to tell if I like the way she cuts...but she was nice to talk to. She's more my age and used to be a flight attendant. She's a runner. I asked her cuz she was in shape and I always notice that. The funny thing is that while sitting waiting for my stylist....I was watching a stylist consult with a client and I really liked what I saw....so when she walked by to grap a smock, I asked her her first name and how much her cuts were (as everyone in this salon (Aveda salon) has a different price. Turns out her cuts were $70!!! Yikes......too bad...cuz I bet she's good.

Kel - sorry to hear that your DH has the flu. What kind of surgery are you having? Will it be outpatient and what's recovery time?

Hi to everyone else. Where's everyone else from this thread been? We still have peeps MIA.

I wish my Barry's would get here. I paid in one payment and was supposed to get "Express" Delivery! The set comes with this huge blimp like stability ball (it's long to lie on like a bench) and a couple resistance tubing thingies. Like I have room for more workout junk!!

RE: Trying to Fit Yoga in for Finally Friday February 2...

Hi ladies! I am not sore from shoulders last night, which I am a bit disappointed about but oh well. Still got a good workout, I suppose. Forgot to mention that I have been extending this rotation out with one extra day of intermediate level leg work. Tonight is either triceps or legs. I usually take Fridays off but DH is working late, so I might be able to fit something in. Next week calls for a switch from Pure Strength to Muscle Endurance (I think). I don't have PS, so I was going to sub the 4DS weight segments. Is that a good substitute or should I sub CTX weight segments instead? Any opinions?

Lora-What a funny comment about the additional equip from Barry's! I can relate to that...on both the stability ball and tubing levels..LOL! Wow $70 for a cut. She probably is good, but oh my gosh who can pay that. The only time I pay that much (or more :() is for color. At my last cut, I got blond and burgandy highlights in my light brown hair. Sounds crazy, but it actually looks good. That kettlebell workout sounds awesome. That will probably be my next "new" fitness thing after I get tired of STS. (It's funny when we plan our future fitness burnouts in advance. LOL!)

Have a great day ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.