Trying to Fit Yoga In for Finally Friday Dec 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did not feel like working out again. Don't know what is up with me! I did W/U and Body Max Upper Body followed by Butts & Guts Floorwork and added Firewalkers to the end. Since I didn't really have time for a full ab workout, I did 3 sets of jacknives with a med ball between my knees and one in my hands. Depending on how my abs feel tomorrow, I may just work them tomorrow for a full ab workout. I only burned 300 calories (lying leg work).

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that my biceps will probably never look like I want them to due to my cervical disc injury. The radiation of my disc is C6-7 which causes forearm numbness and biceps weakness. On neurological exam (when first diagnosed), I had both of these....thus the reason I'm so weak in my biceps. I guess I should be glad that at least I lift weights and take care of myself cuz if I didn't, I'd probably have pain shooting down my entire arm with more numbness and more severe pain, as well as severe atrophy of the muscles...not just weakness! I'm disgusted with myself. (sorry for the rant - I'm having a poor me moment). It's hard to accept that I'll never reach my goals.

No yoga for me last night. I ended up watching my new Buckcherry DVD for a while and then watched General Hospital and went to bed. I will probably do Fluid Power and Dancin the Chakras tomorrow for my rest day.........at least that's what's in my head now...but it's subject to change at any time with this head of mine!!

Jen - yes, my company would. I work at a large hospital that is currently under a major downsizing. We may even go bankrupt....it's been crazy for at least a year now. We're trying to find someone to buy us...but nobody wants us!! After thinking about the fitness purchases some more, I'd still say I love my Rebounder both for using with Cathe's high impact stuff and rebounding really gets your HR up. I just wish there were more DVDs. I usually do regular, higher impact aerobics on the rebounder and follow the DVD somewhat....but with a rebounder version. I can usually tell when a DVD looks like a good one to do this with. I've also been known to use Cardio Coach with my rebounder and for the hills/intervals, I run up and down my Transfirmer slant step, and run up and down on the high step....it really works well. (almost forgot - keep your eyes peeled to the Black Phoenix Forum or site this weekend for a Lunar Update....it might be a huge one with the next Act of the Carnivale coming out....I smell Christmas present time!!!!)

Tammy - That Shiva Rea was released exclusively to www.Acaciacatalog.com for $29.99 until April, when it will be released to other distributors and be less money! So it all depends on if you're willing or able to pay that much now or wait till later.

Hi to everyone else. I've got to go get ready for work. If I missed addressing anyone from yesterday, please remind me today ....so I can go back and answer the question.
Have a good day everyone.

Hi Ladies and TGIF:7:7

Our weather is supposed to take a drastic change today...and NOT for the better:-( .

Lora: Thanks for the info on Fluid Power. I doubt I can wait until April, so I will be ordering it soon. BTW, that is one AWESOME workout you did this morning for someone who did not feel like working out!

I am doing the November rotation and today is Drill Max.

Hello to all that follow....have a safe and warm day!

Tammy -I live in Ohio. Where are you? Our weather is doing the extreme change thing today and snow over the weekend!! YUK!

I forgot to mention that if anyone here is interested, I have a 15% off coupon for the 2 new TurboJam workouts. I can forward the email to you if anyone wants it. Let me know.

Lora: I'm in upstate NY.....about 40 minutes from Megadoo! We are supposed to have 60 mph winds and thunderstorms.

Tammy- are you ready for winter yet LOL??????? It's coming.

Karin- sorry about your knee. That does sound painful. Constant pain is a real downer, but you certainly don't let it keep you down. Good for you, and good luck with it.

Jen- you are too funny, worrying about me LOL!! I will be careful, I promise. Thanks!

Yve- thank you. I can't wait till spring to start my gardens again. i have ideas on how to change a few things, and I want to add more greenery.

Lora- just saying again-- you are beautiful! And it amazes me how you don't let your limitations really limit you. You are incredible with all you do, and you have great taste in music.:p

I didn't do any WO yesterday. Too busy and such. Not sure what I will do today. Get back to y'all on that.

Hello to everyone else!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Megadoo - thanks.....you made me laugh and at work yet!!! I've always had good taste in music........and if I do say so myself....so do you!! Rock on Sister!!! I'll be 70 and still rockin out doing my wild workouts!! (as long as my bunions hold out....***scary site*** - Lora wearing orthotics and rockin' out to Buckcherry doing some crazy workout. Oh Lord..........talk about just making my MID LIFE CRISIS 90 times worse!!

Goodmorning ladies,

I am working from home today bc the weather is nasty today. Very cold, windy, rainy and freezing rain.

I am not sure which dvd I will do today - maybe Shiva Rea.

Lora - how did you injure yourself? You are right - with all of the work you do to stay in shape - you are miles and miles further ahead then those who don't. But it's still ok to rant sometimes though - and its also ok to feel sorry for oneself sometimes. We are human after all.

Tammy and Maeghan - by upstate NY do you mean Buffalo area?

Yve - how I injured myself is really a long story....I've had SEVERAL pretty bad injuries in my teens and 20's. I'm a recovering addict and have lived with some men (and just had boyfriends) that used abused me pretty badly. I went thru some rough times in my younger years..........I call it my past life. Lord only knows which particular injury made me have this disc problem. I actually have 3 in my cervical spine bulging, but one is pretty bad and is abutting the spinal cord and I'm told I'll need surgery when I get older!! I used to work for a Neurosurgeon and never want neck surgery!! I've never had my lower spine MRI'd...but I know I have problems there also.....from the pain I get.

Lora what a story girl! You have my extreme admiration. Perhaps this week your body is asking for some rest? You sound a bit more fatigued than just from DOMs.

I live in the lower Hudson Valley 30 miles north of NYC. Anyone nearby? Get our your woolies NYers, here comes the cold!

Set to do PY4H at lunch time. Will let you know how it goes. Namaste.

Julie

Happy Friday everyone. This was a long week for me. I swear I have spent most of it on the highway. I live in CO and we had a snow storm on Tues night/Wed morning. What a nightmare. My usual 1.5 h commute round trip has taken me about 3 h since Wed. I just couldn't workout last night because I was pooped/stressed out. I guess I should have done yoga :) .

Tonight the plan is to do the bike or elliptical at the gym. However, it closes at 7pm so I have to get there by 6pm and I just don't know if that will happen. My backup plan is Body Max 2 upper and abs plus some PT exercises.

I'll be back later.

Karin

ETA - Forgot to add that I just purchased a copy of Altar of the Heart off the yaya swap. This weekend I am going to seriously work on a list of the yoga DVDs I am interested in.

Jen – thanks for the review of Yoga Sculpt. I haven’t tried any of Karen Voight’s workouts but she is on my list. Actually I ordered her popular pilates workout (can’t remember the name now) during the DDD sale. It should be here soon. I am glad you are listening to your body about overtraining. It really isn’t worth injury, though I know how hard and scary it is to slow down sometimes. You asked about swimming. Oh my, I am ravenous after I get out of the pool. I have started putting a lara bar in my bag because I can’t wait until I get home to eat something.

Tammy – thanks for letting me know what PY4H stands for. That is great that you ordered it.

Yve – how is your neck/shoulder doing today? Hopefully you didn’t hurt yourself too badly. I love the elliptical, but only with itrain or cardio coach workouts. I honestly didn’t think that the elliptical was that challenging until these workouts. I think the key is that they make you focus, which I tend not to do when I am on a cardio machine. I really don’t like treadmills even with the mp3 workouts. I don’t know why, but I just have a huge dread factor with them.

Lora – I did the upper body from Body Max 2 today too. I like it. Short, sweet and to the point.

Megadoo – what did you end up doing for a workout today?

Wow, a lot of you ladies are from NY or thereabouts. I grew up in NJ and my mom is from Binghamton, NY.

Tonight the traffic was in fact heinous again! Jeez! I came home and chilled for a little bit then did Body Max 2 upper body and abs. Also, firewalkers, wall squats, leg raises, diagonal walk with band, and inner, outer, glute, and quad raises with band. I am going to do some leg stretches tonight and watch the Sopranos season 6.

Stay warm.

Karin

Meg: Is anyone ever ready for winter....blech! BTW, your new pix are FABULOUS! You got it goin' girl!

Yvanna: As Meg said, we are near Small-bany!

Julie: Can't wait to hear what you thought of PY4H as I just ordered it and it is on its' way to me!

Karin: Great workout! My DS#2 was accepted to SUNY Binghamton last year (he didn't accept) and DS#3 is applying this year....small world, eh?

Meg: I hope your hip feels better soon...

Lora,

That is quite incredible- not the part about your past - but more when I think about the person that I 'see' and perceive in your writing. Your strength and courage are admirable. More so, the fact that you give so much of yourself in your posts - even in light of your pain.

How long have you been practicing yoga? Have you seen a positive improvement since you have begun?

Hi Karin,

My neck is doing ok today. I put a heating pad on it last night and took two advil. This morning it actually felt better than it had in a long while. It's funny - when we were in class and doing shoulder stand, I could really feel the pinch - and thought to myself "I am going to really aggravate my neck/shoulder issue"... When I told the instructor - she pointed out that shoulder stand is actually good for it bc it puts pressure on the areas that are sore - and hence release the knots... I looked at her like she had two heads! My neck was sore as anything... and it really hurt to twist my neck to the right... Well... I guess she knows something after all...cuz this morning things felt better than they had in a long while.

Tks for your opinion on the eliptical. I have a treadmill but really find it boring.. I have to watch some tv while doing it.. and really don't enjoy the workout I get. I much prefer walking outside. I have been thinking about the eliptical and trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy one. When I do cardio - its primarily step - but know I need to change it up also.

Tks again. Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.