Trying to Fit Yoga In Check In for Mon Nov 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Total Body workout. This is basically a 45 minute total body workout that uses body weight only. It is lots and lots of pushups, mountain climbers with elbows down in plank position, burpees, tricep dips, plyo lunges, squats, squats with knee up, toe tapping off of high box, arm circles, football running, jumping jacks, planks, planks with variations, glute leg raises and more abs. The last ab segment you do lying on the bench with your legs extended out in front of you and you write the alphabet with your feet. This was killer, as well as several of the other moves.

I added weight to the squats and put ankle weights on for the glute work. I started using a weight for abs, but dropped it towards the end......sort of sorry I used any weights!! LOL

I really like Barry and I wish he would have actually led all of these workouts, instead of just the two. There was no cardio on this DVD and I only burned 265 calories.

Well - I never had time to fit any Kundalini in last night. It was too late when I finally finished everything. I did do about 20 minutes of the PM Session off of AM/PM with Ravi and Ana. I have severe insomnia so I thought I'd try this. It was basically a lot of breathing sequences (various) with mudras and arm movements. He says this is supposed to help promote deep restful sleep. I didn't have a deep restful sleep, but at least I didn't have to take my sleeping pill to fall asleep like I usually do on Sunday evenings.

If I fit any Yoga in during the week, it is usually only on Tuesday evenings or Thursday evenings. My new Amy Bento DVDs are supposed to be here tomorrow so I'll be alternating those with my Barry's and new Cathe's. No time for a midweek Yoga session, although I really do want to get back to doing that one day soon.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later.

Hi gang! Already at work as usual. Just wanted to tell everyone Good Morning and I will check in either at lunch or later tonight after working out or both!

Have a great day and great workout!

Jen

Goodmorning Jen and Lora, and everyone else.

Haven't done my WO yet either, but I have some errands to run and I don't know when I will be doing it, but it will be sometime.
Last night is the first time I did the bonus WO on my Dusk DVD, and I think it would be a great timesaver add on to my regular WO. It is only 10 min and it covers alot of moves.

BBL

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Jen - I forgot to mention that I wear my BPAL oils. The Trading Post which is linked from the BPAL site has scent lockets that you can wear with the scent but since I have a bad neck, I can't wear pendants as the small amount of weight aggravates my problems. For helping with sleep, I have been known to keep cotton balls with Lavendar Oil on them inside my pillow case. I also wear some of the Somnium blends that BPAL offers (specifically for sleeping, dreams, etc). I haven't worn commercial perfume for years, but some women have on the Forum and if you need recommendations based on things you liked that are commercial - post on the Recommendations thread over at BPAL Chatter. Shipping right now is about 3 weeks to receive your order. My Christmas Limiteds should be here today. I'm having second thoughts about what I ordered. I hope I can sell the ones I don't like on the Forum or E-bay........usually you can sell them on Ebay if they don't go on the Forum. Anyway, at work ....which is my most difficult time - I sniff my wrist throughout the day and I touch up midday for that midday lift. I think the effects are immediate for me. I couldn't live without my BPAL or Lush Baths. I love soaking in a Lush Tub when I'm sore

Hey, I had to come by to tell you that I found 3 of the yoga DVDs I was looking at on the Japanese internet, which means they should be at my door sometime hopefully by the end of the week!

I found:

Total Yoga 4-Pack
Bryan Kest Power Yoga Series
Crunch The Perfect Yoga Workout

Yippee!

Lora - Sounds like you had a major workout today. Ignore that stupid HRM. How could it possibly lie like that!

Jen - Hope you're having or had a great lunch or dinner! Ha.

Megadoo - I've got Rainbeau on my Amazon list. I actually found her beginner's workout on the Japan internet, but I'd rather wait to get the box set.

Anyway, I'll be able to talk more about yoga soon. I can't wait! :7

Evening, everyone! I just finished my evening workout and dinner. I did the most mish-mosh workout to date! I did Warm-up and blasts from High Step Training Advanced, Warm-up from Body Max, Gym Style Triceps, and Quick Fix 10 minute abs. I already know what you are thinking-how on earth did the Body Max warm-up get in there? Well, my intention was to get a little more cardio in and begin to learn the first few cardio segments of Body Max to get familiar with the step routines. Well, I quickly realized in segment one I was in over my head with the choreography, so it will have to wait until I have more time to play it repeatedly to get the steps down. 'x(
I did not have the DOMS I expected from the bandwork yesterday, but my legs were fatigued. I am sure I will have DOMS tomorrow from the triceps today.

Lora-Tough workout! What is the music like in Barry's? You wrote the alphabet with your feet..how unique...that is definately a new one on me! Certainly adds to the variety of your collection! About the Lush bath stuff, I was going to ask you if you have sensitive skin. I would like to get something from that site, but I am afraid it will give me a rash, which definately negates the benefits of a relaxing bath! Is there any bath product from Lush that works with sensitive skin? The scent lockets for the oils are such a neat idea-I will be checking out that link on BPAL. Sorry to hear about the insomnia. I am not clinical, but my experience working at a sleep center has taught me that insomnia is one of the most difficult of sleep disorders to treat. What sleeping aid are you taking, if you don't mind me asking? I have a bit of insomnia myself and take Melatonin and aspirin. It works pretty well. Sunday nights are the worst for me, too.

Megadoo-How is your neck doing today? Is yoga helping? Are you continuing to workout out or taking it easy? Wanted to ask you-what are the names of your horses by the way?

August-So cool about the DVDs coming to you! Have you already tried Bryan Kest before? I think you will really like him. He has a good, balanced teaching style-equal blend of the form/alignment side and the spiritual side. I can't remember if the series you mentioned his older set or his newer set. The older set is 3 DVDs and one is called sweat and one is called tone. I can't remember the name of the third one. The old one is the set I am referring to-you will easily recognize it-he has the long, curly hair of the Kenny G./old Michael Bolton variety. I am not a fan of that much hair on guys, but believe it or not, it works for him. In the new series, he has cut his hair. ;(

Jen

Jen, the neck is much better. THanks. I actually just finished HSTA! I loved it, really fun. The thoroughbred is Thunder Shaker, and the POA is Belle. I love them, such wonderful animals. I used to show them, Huntseat, hunter jumper, and a little dressage. I miss it, and hope to get back to it in the spring. I have been riding since I was 7.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

That is a major mish mosh! Do you have one of those players where you can just put them all in and program it up, or are you physically taking the DVD out and putting a new one in?

The Bryan that I got is the one with the hair LOL. I'm not usually a big fan of that long, curly stuff much myself and am hoping it won't be too distracting. :) When I was viewing all the Bryan Kest for the first time, I thought I'd pressed the button wrong and that I was watching two different instructors - one with long hair, and one with a heavy Jersey accent and short hair. :*

I heard back from Ravi and Ana, by the way. They suggested I go the Amazon Chakra44 route for the best price. I'm now trying to order them but it's telling me that three of the items can't be shipped! Why on earth would that be? So I've written to them again to see what to do...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.