Trying to Fit Yoga in for Blue Monday Dec 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Ugh....Monday. (You ladies will soon learn how much I HATE Mondays). Probably as much as August HATE's cardio. I overslept a bit and got started late. I did Drill Max Leg Blast Premix. I should have previewed it last night -as I wanted a more of a leg workout than this. I skipped a couple of the cardio blasts (running late). I used my 8 pound med ball when they used the fitness ball and I put ankle weights on for the glute squeezes. I burned 330 calories in 58 minutes. I didn't think I was getting a good workout when I was doing it....but shortly after...I began feeling it in my thighs and glutes.

I don't know what it is with me lately, but when I'm working out...I get "out of my head". I don't know if it's from the endorphins or what. I know I have a lot of pent of agression and stress to release when I workout and sometimes I zone out and get past the point of feeling anything and I just start working out harder and harder and I don't think I"m working hard. I know I did this a lot doing P90X...both with weighted workouts and aerobics. I've noticed I did this towards the end of last week....cuz I kept thinking I wasn't working out hard enough....and then by the end of the week I was pretty sore. I know - you ladies probably think I'm crazy!!! LOL. (I already know I am).

No Yoga last night. I probably should have done some Kundalini, but I was self indulgent and just watched my new Buckcherry DVD and relived my concert from last week. I already I'm waiting for them to come back!! LOL.

Have a great day everyone. I'll try to check back from work later.

Hey August - show this to your Cardio Hating Friends

http://www.jumpincfitness.com/fitflixs/videos.php

I'm debating getting it. It sounds different and I'm always very much the "odd ball".

Jen - meant to say that I think it's cool your DH likes the BPAL. My DH won't wear anything like that! Glad you like Vixen! Yes, long-lasting....of course. I'm so used to it that I forget what it's like for those of you just converting. I haven't worn commercial cologne for ages.

Hi there!

Sorry, I'm having a couple of sort of busy weeks, so I'll have to be short...though I've read up and caught up!

Lora, I actually just recently bought Mindy Mylrea's Gliding Disc set with DVD. I got the discs because I wanted to use them for my TLTs, but ended up being able to find the Mindy set being sold here (of all random exercise kits to be sold here LOL), so I just went for it.

I only did them for a week just in between rotations, but I thought it was fun...though a bit,....um....well, I'm not so familiar with Mindy Mylrea, but she gets a tad Sesame Street. But the moves were fun...though maybe not as intense as you might like them? But I don't recognize the DVDs on the link you put up, so those DVDs may be totally different.

All right, excuse my shortness, but it's past 2am here and I'm ready to hop in bed now.

Night night!

August - Did you miss the part that Gliding Gone Wild is a Striptease/Gliding workout??????????????????? Cuz you're not even commenting on that and that's so NOT like our spunky August!

So let's review Sesame Street, Striptease/Gliding with Mindy -- Ooooh...that's pretty scary!! LOL.

Hi ladies!

This morning I did the UB Circuit PreMix of LIC with/the ab section thrown in.

Lora: I don't think anyone likes Mondays....blech! I find myself zoning out at times during workouts too.

August: DOH! I just figured out that you are the "I Hate Cardio" August...LOL! I hope you get a chance to catch your breath soon.

Forgot to mention to y'all that I wore my HRM yesterday during Brian Kest Energize and by the end of the practice, my HR was lower than when I started!

Have a great night! We just saw our first snow flurries:-(

Hi Ladies - I just got home! I had to go to the doctor's after work cuz he wouldn't call me in an antibiotic for my sinus infection. I was SO mad that I had to go sit there for EVER!!! I hate doctors.

No yoga tonight. I'm going to go watch General Hospital and go to bed shortly after that. 2:30 am comes too soon!!!

OMGAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Yes, Lora, I TOTALLY missed that very important part of the link.

OMG!! I have to get that workout LMAO!!! OMG OMG! What the he!! exercise could it be?!

L-M-A-O!

Tammy, hiya, yup, Cardio-Hater August. But I hope it won't make you think less of me. :)

Evening, all! I went back to working out tonight and started Cathe's Heavy Cardio/Muscle Endurance Rotation from Jan 05. I did Step, Jump and Pump-Fit TV version. This is the first time I have done this workout and I felt like the biggest dork ever doing the Hi/Lo, but I enjoyed the workout overall and thought the sequencing of the exercises was very good.

Karin-I haven't been to a Bikram class, but no matter what yoga workout I am doing at home, I use a heater in the room-just for the extra flexibility and relaxation it provides. If you decide to take the yoga class offered at your gym, what style is it? What is your favorite style?

Tammy-Unless I am missing something I would expect your HR to be lower by the end-doesn't that mean you got a good relaxation in? Well, you could always rewind back to the part where he's in jeans and no shirt-that should bring the HR up a little bit! :) (Or, if he's not your style, just keep the body but imagine someone else's head :p )

August-***sees blinding flash and hears sonic boom*** Whoa! Blinked and I missed ya'! Hope you got in a good 40 winks. Guess what-I found a song worse than the "Buttercup" one from C & W...it's Abracadabra from SJP. I really love the version of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams at the end...almost better than the original. Have you done this workout yet?

Megadoo-Thanks for the Picture Trail info. I already made 3 albums. Not sure how I am going to handle the access yet, but you gave me some great ideas. Showed DH and he liked what I put together so far. I'll let you know when it is done! :)

Lora-Yep, I am pretty happy that DH may end up a BPAL fan, too. I used to mix us up some blends following the "recipes" in my aromatherapy books, but could never get the fragrance to last the way PBAL does. There were a few reviews on the site comparing Vixen to Snake Oil, SO is just less sweet. Would you say that is accurate? How do they compare? What else would you recommend for spicy? BTW, How are your shoulders today? Are you still suffering from shoulderstand or are the shoulders feeling good now?

Yve-Hi girl! Whatcha been up to today? How was your day?

All right, I made it though the entire note without an eye twitch! I'd do a Happy Dance if I hadn't already met my cardio quota for the day. No sense in doing any more cardio than absolutely necessary! :)

Jen

I worked LB, doing rep pattern as follows for every move:
8 singles, 8 2-2 count, 4 7-pulses, 4 4-4 count, 8 singles

squats
static lunges each leg
50 calve raises 5lb AW
outer thigh liftss on ball, 5# AW
one leg squat with rear leg elevated, 10# DB, each leg
hamstring lifts on ball 5# AW each leg
inner thigh lifts 5# AW
glute squeezes on the ball 25 reps
standing leg extensions 5# AW, 15 reps each leg

Then I did the 25 min cardio kick box, then PUB abs, PLB stretch

Jen- great with the Pic trail. I hope you can share soon!

Yve- My DH had teh heat up so dang much tonight that I was thinking of you during my WO and your heated yoga sessions LOL!

Lora- you are to funny with your next possible DVD purchase! I hope you get it, because you are so good at giving your reviews. Any more thought on Carmen Electra's strip tease Video?

Tammy- i had flurries all day here, and it was COLD!! That wind was rediculous!!

August- I hope you got a good sleep in today. Lora got you good today!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies,

No workout for me today. Feeling like I am coming down with something - running hot and cold - and also had to work quite late. Got home after 9:00 pm tonight.

Lora - I'm not a big fan of Monday either. That was one heck of a workout. I'm sorry you have a sinus infection - that is so painful. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Jenn - I'm sorry about the loss of your mom. I can tell from your few words that she was very special to you. What nice memories she left to cherish during the festive season. My day was just ok today. I have one more week in the office - before I need to take the remainder of my vacation days, and I have 3 projects to wrap up before leaving. A lady that I was friendly with was let go today. I feel bad for her as she was with our co. for many years. I hope that she will do ok. I'm glad that your eye is doing better. Don't think of it as a twitch... pretend you are batting your eyes a la Betty Boop :p (just teasing).

Karin - I have tried bikram .. actually it was just hot yoga - it didn't follow the 17 sequences of bikram - and I really loved it. I love the heat - the room was at 100 degrees - and boy - we were all shaking by the end of the class - the standing poses were killer. It felt very detoxifying.

Tammy - I find that I need blocks on my left side - but not my right. I don't think its too uncommon to be more flexible in some areas and not in others. I hope you get your Xmas wish though ;)

Maeghan - That is so cute! You are very sweet. It is very cold here also - (T.O)...and snowy. What a great workout you posted today and yesterday. I don't know where you found the energy to do kickboxing after all that lower leg work!

August - Whenever I think of Sesame Street - I think first of Mr SnuffleUffaGas, then I think of Big Bird, then of Burt and Ernie.... then throw 'gliding' while stripping in the mix of all that...Oh my mind is sooo disturbed right now! :7

Have a nice evening everyone! Yve

Hi everyone! Today's workout was icycle 3 (40 min) on the stationary bike and inner and outer thigh nautilus, leg raises, and wall squats. My legs felt like lead weights on the bike tonight. I think tomorrow I am just going to try to do a cardio machine without itrain or CC and try to take it easy (yeah right). We'll see if that really happens or not.

I got some Sara Ivanhoe yoga DVDs from netflix and previewed them. They look pretty good. They are each 20 min, which makes me think that I might actually do yoga more often just because it seems more manageable to fit into my schedule right now.

I am so sleepy, so no personals tonight, but I will check in tomorrow morning and catch up.

Sleep tight!

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.