Transforming Violets in May!!!

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Welcome to May, Violets! I decided to try a monthly check-in for a change. If we get more active again, we can start a new check-in before the end of the month. I am ready for a metamorphosis in May. It is time for this beautiful butterfly to start breaking free from her fat cocoon. Do y’all like our new name? This joyful journey is about so much more than shrinking into a smaller size. It is about being transformed from the inside out and celebrating positive life changes and transformations of all kinds. If anyone else wants to join us, please feel free. We are a small but fun and friendly group.

Are y’all ready to train with a passion and bless your body with restful sleep and plenty of clean food and pure water this month? I am ready for a marvelous May!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good Morning!

Thanks for the inspirtation Heather!:)

Today will be strictly yoga for me. Aaaaaaaah.:+

I have decided to do Cathe's May rotation. I will finish up my BBC rotation this week and come Monday I am going to be OFFICIALLY reunited with our beloved Cathe for a month! I had to tweak the rotation just a little but I think it will work out quite well. I'm excited to get started!}(

Have a great day!:)

Good Morning.

It was Long and Lean yoga for me y'day. Felt good. My calves are still sore but not as bad as they were!

Today is one of 2 possibilities:

Run, ARX, BBC Chest and Abs weights only

OR

ARX, BBC Chest and Abs with cardio

Have a great day!

Well Transforming Violets, I totally missed the thread. I looked and looked, couldn't find it so I started a new one today that I had to edit back out. For a day I thought we had shrunk and withered away?

Transformation, Here we come!

Today, I finally got in a workout. I did PLB. The floor work made me cough so I had to cut that part short. I sure wish this drainage would dry up and leave me alone.

Heather I saw your April results on the other thread. Great job!

I checked my results and since Mar.31 I lost another 1 1/2 lbs and another increment on my Accumeasure FB caliper. That makes a total of 4 lbs since 1/1/07 and 3 increments on the caliper. Talk about slow progress. The good news is that this is the lowest I weighted since Jan. of 06. I had been stuck gaining and loosing the same 5 lbs and never getting past them. So now I'm past them and will hopefully continue to loose the other 15 that I want gone. Of course if I keep eating like I did the past couple of days that won't happen. Confession time: I bought some SlimFast candy bar things that I thought would satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me from the high calorie candy bars. They tasted great and were only 120 calories. On Monday I ate 5 of them. Won't be buying them for awhile unless I can learn some self control. I would have been better off buying a candy bar, because I would have only eaten one of those.

Wendy, welcome back to Cathe rotations. Enjoy.

Well I hope everyone's week is off to a great start.

Jean

Jean...Good job on PLB!:)

Well, I got in my run and just finished BBC Chest and Abs (weights only) but I nixxed ARX. I gave myself a break since I am lacking sleep. Besides, BBC hits the abs reasonably well anyway so I'm not worried.;)

I just got my new Baron yoga dvd in the mail today. I previewed some of it and it looks fantastic. It's only 45 mins so it's perfect. I can't wait to try it out tmrw night!}(

I think I need some coffee now!

TTYL!:)

Wendy, hope you like the Yoga DVD. Let us know your review.

Tonight, I'm just sitting here watching the news and listening to the severe storms blow through. I haven't seen rain come down like that in a long time. Tornado warnings, but none have formed so that's a good thing. Heather did you get these storms too? I heard Central TX had some bad ones last night or yesterday.

Jean

Good evening, Violets! The stress at work is finally calming down, but this is just the eye of the storm. Next week will most likely be a busy one trying to get ahead of deadlines so I can take off and enjoy the weekend with Mom and her husband. I am looking forward to a vacation.

I blasted off May yesterday morning with the Low Max step premix followed by the Muscle Max upper body push pull premix. This morning, I enjoyed the Kick Max boot camp challenge premix (which is my favorite way to do Kick Max).

I have not been to the club this week to jog in the pool. Rebecca and I were planning to go tonight, but a wild storm hit Central Texas after work. We went to Cotton Patch instead and had a nice conversation. Both of us have had a very stressful week so far. A jog in the pool would have been more refreshing, but the pool was closed tonight. Dinner with a friend and laughter is a good stress reliever too!

I went to the grocery store after dinner to pick up a few things. The heavens opened, and the parking lot flooded in a matter of minutes. I learned that my Asics running shoes are great for running, but they are not waterproof or at least not flood proof! My socks were soaking wet when I finally got home and took off my shoes. Of course, I had to run through a “river” of water. The bottom few inches of my jeans are still wet.

I wish I could report that I have been clearing a lot of clutter out of here. I need to discipline myself to get it done Friday night and Saturday. Rebecca is coming over Sunday morning to help me haul the stuff out of here.

Jean, I am so glad you found us! We are not shrinking anymore. We are transforming! I am hoping that Nancy will join us. She inspired me to find a new name. I agree with you about the diet and nutrition bars. I have decided that it is better for me to buy the best desserts and enjoy them in moderation. Yes, we got hit with the storm yesterday afternoon and again tonight.

Wendy, have fun with Cathe’s May rotation!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good Morning Violets.

Heather: Don't you just hate when your socks get wet through your shoes!? There are drainage problems on my street when it rains so the street by the curbs is always flowing like a river when it rains at a decent clip. Many a time I have had to either hop over the river or tip toe quickly through it in an effort to minimize the soaking of the shoes/socks. x(

Jean: Have a work out to report? }(

Have a great day!

This morning's spin class was an arse kicker as usual! I am hooked!!! :)

I am sooo looking forward to yoga this evening...Can anyone say OHM? :p :7 I actually am not a big fan of the meditations or even of the slow soft yoga. I like the power yoga baby!}( It's a work out that strengthens and tones but at the same time improves flexibility and makes you feel relaxed. Aaaaaahhhhh...El Perfecto!;)

Have a great evening!

Well another day without a workout. Eating has been moderate, so at least I'm maintaining.

Wendy, I love spin class too. I just wish I could get my life in order so I could fit it in more often. The classes are at different times on different nights so I'm alway forgetting which day is which time. Plus diffrent instructors teach on different nights and they each intruct differently. I just need to post the schedule on my Cathe calender. Maybe that would work. The one night that I could probably make on a regular basis is Friday Night (no life LOL) and that's the one night they don't have class.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I promise I'll get a workout in this weekend and hopefully 2.

Jean

My new yoga vid is da bomb, ladies! I LOVED it!!!!:)

Tonight I did BBC Chest and Back (no cardio) w/3 sets of pull-ups inserted between exercises. I worked out very late today. Didn't finish until almost 9:30pm! That's very unusual for me but I had a bad night's sleep last night which required the need for a nap today and when I woke up I was groggy and my mood was off so I didn't even start my work out until after 8:30 tonight!:eek:

I feel 1000% better now that it is done though! I am tellin' ya...EXERCISE *REALLY* IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!:)

Off to the showers with me!

Toodles!:7

Jean, What work out did you do today? How's the puppy? :)

I am ready to do BBC Full Body for the final time in this rotation! I am dressed and ready to roll but I can't seem to actually get physically moving with it! LOL

I am already planning what to do after finishing Cathe's May rotation! LOL I am thinking I will give an SS rotation a shot in June and then maybe dare to go back to the X for the month of July only!}( I am going on vacation at the end of July to Myrtle Beach and since the X really leaned me out and defined me, I think it will be a good pre-beach/pool rotation to do!;)

Okay...better get moving wether I like it or not!

Toodles!:p

Hi Wendy and all to follow.

I managed to squeeze out PUB. It was one of those days where you feel weak and can't lift what you usually do. But I pushed through it and finished. I had planned on a jog outside but I got all ready and it had started to rain so I did PUB instead.

Wendy your plan for getting ready for vacation sounds great. Although I think you look pretty darn good right now. Keep up the great work. I'm trying to be good and make a difference in the next few weeks since we have a wedding to go to with family memebers I haven't seen in awhile. Wish me luck.

Jean

Now I'm the one taliking to myself. LOL Today was yard mowing because the rain finally let up long enough to get it mowed. First we had major rain early on in the week and then we have been having these little showers that just mess up your day. I want to see some sunshine (besides the puppy) I followed the lawn work with a 40 minutue bike ride. My legs are spent.

How was everyone's weekend?

Jean

Hi Jean. Don't worry. You are not talking to yourself. I'm here peekin' in even if I don't post!:) Rain can really do a number on people when it stays gray and wet for days. I hate it too. Glad you got out for your bike ride though. Sounds like you are enjoying the puppy!:+

Today was my rest day though I didn't rest! LOL We spent a few hours at the park with Joey. We packed a lunch, played on the jungle gyms in the playground area and then went to see a farm on the property. Joey got a kick out of the animals. It's still a working farm but originally owned by a family in the 1800's so most of the buildings are like museums now. It was neat. We had a nice day. :)

Tomorrow I start my version of Cathe's May rotation.

Have a good night!:)

DM cardio + all upper body premix minus the cardio for me today! LOL I have my running class tonight though so I'm not skipping out on the cardio...just replacing it!;)

Good morning everyone. This morning was PLB. I'm going to try and use the Pyramid series for the next couple of weeks so I can see an improvement in strength. I think switching around too much is sabatoging me, so I'm going to concentrate on the same DVD's so I can see if I'm improving.

Wendy, the park and farm sound like so much fun. I bet Joey had a great time.

Yesterday I took Sunshine for a little walk. She did really well. I think she is getting the hang of walking while on leash. At first all she wanted to do was chew on the leash, but now she just trots along until something interesting catches her eye (like a leaf or a rock, LOL) and she has to investigate.

Heather, how was your weekend? I know you are busy getting ready for your mom's visit, I hope you took some "Me Time" too.. I need to start to do the same since we will have company come in for neice's wedding.

Let's make this a great week.

Jean

Oh Jean I remember when my golden was a pup. He was sooo cute. He was raised on a farm in Indiana for the first 3 months of his life so he wasn't familiar with the sights and sounds of suburbia. I live by a relatively busy road and whenever I would want to cross the street with him I would almost have to pick him up and carry him cause the cars freaked him out! Poor thing. LOL

At some point today before or after my work out I have to start working on the practical portion of my PT exam. I am very nervous about this. I have to video tape myself performing and explaining a pre-determined list of exercises. EEK!:eek:

Happy Monday!

Wendy, good luck with your practical portion of the exam. I forgot you were going for your PT certificatiton. How have the lessons been so far? What else do you have left beside the Practical exam?

As for the puppy, I wish she was afraid of cars. When she sees one go by, she is very interested. At first I could take her in the front yard without a leash because she just stayed right by us, but now at nine weeks she already is fast. If I turn my back for a second I'm afraid she'll take off after someone or something and run in the street so now it's on leash whenever she's in the front yard. It's like having a kid all over again. Although I think the potty training is easier.LOL

Jean

Hey Jean...

It's only been you and I at this check in since Thursday! Have we been deserted?? :-(

My exam for my P/T cert consists of 230 multi-choice questions which I am done with, 3 essay questions which are done but just need punctuation, grammar, spelling corrections done to them and the practical portion so I don't have much left to do. YEAY! :) I am going to be a nervous wreck sending it out for grading. They say it takes 4-6 weeks to be graded and sent back...I'll be on pins and needles the entire time!:eek:

Give your puppy a snuggle from me!:) :) :)

Tomorrow is spin class and I am thinking of throwing a few sets of chin ups in the mix just for the fun of it!;) }( :)

Have a great night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.