TOOOOoo 40 AND BEYOND!! Weekly Check in 01/26 -

Hi ladies.
Vilma I am sooo pleased to here you are finally on the mend.

I'm starting week 3 of the Burn Circuit. I've been over to the Beach body check ins, and some of the people are FANATICS!! The amount of exercise they do astounds me! I think they might be a bit over the top.

have a great day everyone.

Good morning! Hope that you all had a great weekend. Busy here, school stuff and parties. Today will be S&H chest and back, I have no real plan for my w/o's, Just waiting until the new ones arrive, looks like it will be soon. Vilma, so glad to hear that you are feeling better, you really got it from everywhere. Andrea, are you still enjoying CLX? I always wonder where people get the time to exercise for hours on end! Hi to Lisa, Ronne, Murphy, Veronika, and anyone else I have forgotten. Have a good day. Mary

Hey everyone, sorry I don't have too much time right now for personals. I did Jari Ripped and Chiseled. I've really increased the weights since doing those FF rotations. I'm keeping up with the heaviest weight that anyone on the dvd uses, sometimes more. I'm hoping these help lean me out at bit, would love to lose the last 5 (should be 10 ) lbs.

Mary, we are all still just checking in with FF thread even though everyone isn't doing the same thing anymore. I think people are filling in while waiting for STS. I can't beleive it's almost here! I think I may even (GASP) take some before pics today. Doesn't mean I have to share them, can be for my own use, right!?!:p

Andrea, have you seen any results with Chalean?

Gotta run, hellos to everyone else and all who follow!

Hello!!!!!

Andrea I am really wanting CLX but I need to hold off until I'm able to justify the amount to the dh :confused: plus I want to hold off in ordering it til mid year. By then all the rukus over the dvd issues should be solved and dh will owe me a birthday & anniversary gift lol I can hope so anyway :p.
Are you liking it? Seems I am hearing more positives than negatives over this program.

Mary what new dvds are you waiting on? STS?

Lisa ooohhh so you've lost 5# :) good for you! Only 5 more to go ? Way to go on your strength increases.

I've done before pictures of myself w/ measurements in the buff back in 2003 so no sharing those but it did give me the motivation to continue with what I was doing back then (BFL using Cathe's dvds and then her rotations) and helped me lose all that weight years ago. I still have them and boy oh boy I'm so glad I preservered as I just am astounded at how far I've come. It also helps me get into prospective when I whine about the weight I want to take off now which looking back is nothing compared to back then lol

Well today I was finally able to complete an entire workout without feeling ick. I did Step, Jump & Pump and just modified a bit although my strength went down a wee bit so its no biggie. I'm just happy I'm starting back into my workouts again.

Big Hellos to all who follow!!

picture.php

Hello everyone,

All of these posts make me feel so inspired. I have been keeping up with my 1RM's and the abs and stretches in between. I am looking forward to the updated WO Manager release - mainly for the 1RM info. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you soon.

Murph

Hi guys.

We are in the middle of a heat wave! Its going to be 40+ until the weekend! Gosh thats HOT!! :mad: I do not like the heat at all. Today was a day off (scheduled) and I will need to get up early and do my workout before the heat sets in tomorrow.

Vilma - I think you are being very wise waiting I wish i had that kinda will power.

Lisa - I am starting week three, my arms are shaping and so is my back, I can "feel" muscle in my legs and butt. Ask me in another two weeks.

Murphy - These girls inspire me too, on days when I just "don't feel like it." I come in read, and get some motivation.

Has anyone recieved their STS yet?

Hi to all whom follow, gotto scoot.

Tuesday early morning :)

Andrea Well I also have a child in university and 2 other children who always need supplies for school. We don't get any type of financial aid for university and its all out of pocket for us. So that is part of the wait. I think CLX will be better for what I'm wanting in a program instead of STS honestly. I'm so done at this moment with lifting to build muscle.

I know the boards are going to be on FIRE with all the STS talk so I'll be reading all the reviews :D

Have a great Day !

picture.php

Hi everyone

Just a quick hello again from the building site ;)!

Andrea - I have a friend in Melbourne and he just emailed to say that it's getting too hot for him and he likes it hot!
Glad to hear that you're feeling the difference with Chalean.

Vilma - I might be jumping on the Chalean bandwagon later in the year when I've got a workout space back. Like you, it sounds like it might be more my thing than STS (though I'm tempted by Meso 1).

Mary - I presume that's kids parties you're busy with rather than something fun for you?

Murphy - good on you for sticking with the 1RMs. Keep us updated when you start STS!

Lisa - it's great when you notice a difference going back to an old DVD isn't it?

I went to my Pilates class again last night. It's good - we do quite a lot of repetitions of stuff, I really feel it in my core and thighs. I might be able to get a weight workout in tonight if DH goes to the cinema and I can clear some space. Thought I might do a Jari as it's quite quick and I can skip the abs after yesterday.

Well, this was supposed to be a quick post! Bye for now!

Hi ladies! I did IMAX 3 today and about died. :p That's a tough one. I'm trying to do some of the workouts that I haven't done for a while and now I know why this is one of them!

Sounds like everyone is healthy, so that's a good thing, right!?

So, my sis is starting to try to eat healthier and exercise a bit. Not because of my encouragement but because of some girl at work. She is 4'10" and 220 lbs so she has a ways to go. I sent her the rec center class schedule and thought that I may do a class with her, well, she said she was looking at the SILVER SNEAKERS class! That's for OLD people! She's only 50! And she's talked about Curves before, well, I told her there is NO WAY I'll do any Silver Sneakers or Curves! I'd love to encourage her by going with her but not at the expense of my boredom! I'm trying not to get too invested in her start of a new lifestyle because history has shown me that she never listens to me. Whew, thanks for the vent!

Everyone have a great day and remember what Cathe says " WORK, WORK !" :D

Hi everyone! Hope all everyone had a good day. I did the timesaver legs, back to work today, so I am running out of time! We are supposed to get a snowstorm tonight, Yeah!! More shoveling! Boy Lisa, Imax3, I am afraid of that one! Hope all turns out well with your sister, maybe you could do curves for your recovery week? Or just support her from afar? Ronne, do you like pilates? Ihave never tried it, it almost looks like yoga to me, I always get sooo distracted during that. Andrea, is that 40 in celcius ( I spelled that all wrong!) I would like a little warmth, maybe in the 30's, farenheit that is, that would feel good. Murphy, good for you with the 1rm's, I haven't started! Has anybody gotten their STS yet? I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet, so I am still going to pretend it isn't coming yet! I am waiting patiently!! I wish I was bold enough to take before and after pics. That is a great idea, I hope that you all share in the changes we will be making! Have a good night all. Mary

Hey where is everyone? I took a rest day today so no workout for me. I got my STS shipping notification, it should be here on Monday. Not sure when I'll start, would like to wait for Cathe but I may get impatient! I'm supposed to have Jari Love on tap for tomorrow, yep, she is getting old already, I may stick it out for a couple more days and then I have to figure out what the heck I'm going to do, decisions, decisions!

I'm here Lisa!
I'm ver very hot and fed up, but I'm here! Today it reached 44.3. Now thats HOT. I've had no sleep for the last two nights and I'm starting to get fed up. I've managed to get up early and get the workouts done before the heat sets in, But I wasn't able to get in the extra cardio I would've liked. But I'm not crazy! Not bouncing around in the heat for me!!

Ronne - I was born and bred in Melbourne. I still live in Victoria, but I'm out of Melbourne.

Lisa - The sad thing about those Jari workouts is that the "workouts" themselves are excellent!! Theres just no inspiration from the music or the trainer.

Mary - You probably meant for us to read your back to work so now running late post not, to be funny, but I found your, time saver legs, now running late comment funny! :D

see you guys.

Hello everyone

Andrea - that is HOT! Is it a dry heat or is it very humid as well? I'm fine in dry heat but just melt in humidity.

Lisa - I love Imax 3 even though it's tough.

Mary - I'm enjoying the pilates. It is a bit like yoga but you really have to focus on your core, everything is initiated from there. I feel good after my hour class.

Must get back to work! Bye for now!

OMG, I just did the conversion to Fareinheight, that's 111.74 ! No wonder you are hawt! I'm complaining when it gets to 89F (that's 31.6C). And even if it's a dry heat, that temp is just ridiculous! That's like Las Vegas here. It was 114 (dry heat) when we were there once and my son said "so this is what 114 feels like". I never thought i'd feel that temp! Hang in there and stay cool, my gosh! Do you all have basements there? When it gets hot hot hot here we are either in the basement, in the shopping mall, or in the mountains. that was pre-air conditioned house days, now we jsut crank up the AC and pay out the nose for it.

gotta run for now, bbl later for more personals and to report my workout which I do not think will be Jari.

Hi All,

The kids have been sick so I have not been posting - or exercising. I was eating okay but no exercise. I finally got some sleep last night but did not get up to exercise. Now I am kicking myself because not only did I read that STS shipped (nope, did not check my-email since last Friday) but I got a tracking notice that says it should be delivered today. I am not finished with my 1RM's! Who I am kidding? I was not going to start it tomorrow anyway. I was hoping to start in the beginning of February but one more week won't hurt me.

Oh, yes, the girls are better now and back in school.

Murph

Alrighty, I'm back to report in. I did LM premix 4-7 and the kick max blast challenge. Nice mix but sometimes my thighs was saying wtf!

Ronne, how's the cone zone?

Mary, did you get your shipping notice yet? I'm getting mine Monday. When will you start it?

Murphy, sorry to hear you all are sick again, hang in there!

Vilma, I totally understand about the $ situation. We have one in college (don't get any financial aid) and one is only a year away. We THOUGHT we had saved enough to pay for it but lost a lot in the stock market (I know it shouldn't have been in there, who would have thought this would happen, certainly not our financial advisor). I figure it's a good learning lesson for when we retire which given the economy will be later than orginally planned, good thing DH likes to work. I'm asking him if he can work until he is 70 !!! :D He's 8 yrs older than me so health insurance is a big concern when he retires, hopefully this country comes up with a solution!

Gotta run, thinking of taking the dog out for a walk even though it's only 30 degrees, I feel bad for her and need to run off some of her energy. She's 12 yrs old and still has the energy of a puppy.

Hi everyone! We finally dug ourselves out yesterday! I was exhausted last night after all the shoveling we had to do! I think we got 10-11 inches. The piles are taller than my kids! Today I just did the express w/o from ME. Hey LIsa, yesterday I did the same w/o. I can't believe how my legs talk to me during LM. I did the same premix, I can't handle the whole thing at once. It lasts forever! I recieved my shipping notice for STS, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Good thing I am working, otherwise I would be parked in the front window waiting for the UPS truck! I have to look at the calender to figure out when I will start. We are going to Disney in May, I haven't decided on the 3 or 6 month rotation yet, either. I want my rest week to be the week we are on vacation. I have to do some studying! Murphy, hope the kids are better. It is exhausting when they are ill. Hey, Andrea, you are hot, I hope that you don't get hot flashes during that too! Do you have a/c? The basement is a good idea too. I would have to w/o in the middle of the night to avoid the heat! We never get that hot, just the humidity, makes my hair go crazy! Hi to you Ronne, how is the house coming? Where has Kathryn been? Well, hi to all that follow, have a good night. Mary

Lisa its so weird how we seem to have parallel situations as my son is also going into his senior year in HS and in 2010 I'll have a Freshman and Junior in university. Plus still have the youngest in middle school by then.

We also had thought we had enough money for college funds and lost a painful, very painful amount of money in the stock market which deeply hurts as all that money is gone like poof :( So I honestly hate to get something so expensive for myself (esp when I have so many workout dvds and equipment heck I was fortunate enough that my dh didn't have a cow when I got into kettlebells) when we are saving once again to rebuild our nest eggs, pay for college tuition plus books & supplies along with getting the house ready to put on the market when DS is ready to graduate from HS.

Hello All,

I must admit I am a bit annoyed with myself. I was ready to get up to exercise this morning but the 1 year old (who is almost recovered from being sick) was in our bed. She fussed everytime I moved so I decided to wait a minute for her to settle down and the next thing I knew, it was time to get up for work. Great, just great! My MIL is coming tonight so I know for sure I will not get a chance to exercise tonight. Darn.

College Money - I was reading the posts and saw mention about losing lots of college money with the stock market. My kids are small, 1 and 4, but we have college savings plans for both and lost money in it. I don't know why I was surprised, I lost money with my retirement accounts so why not with that too. Still, I was surprised and pissed. I have time to make it up but still. This is some bull...

Murph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.