## Thursday's Melting Pot! ##

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I did Gym Styles, Back, Shoulders & biceps. After 2 weeks of these workouts, I am ready to move to something else. I decided I am not a fan of band work that much. Not sure what I am going to do next week, maybe Pure Strength. DH and I are still trying to figure out the mystery "beeping". We think it might be the thermostat, but why does it only beep at 3:00 am and not any other time? My knee is back to normal.

Robin:
Sending good vibes for your test results! Thanks for the tip about the watch...we are going to go through everything up there and see if there is something like that we forgot about..

Shelley:
Hope AF let you get some relief last night so you can get up early again! I love Targe too and spend too much $ there!

Shannon:
Doesn't it make you mad when work gets in the way of your life ?x( Yes we do have a house alarm with a motion detector! Maybe that's it, but I am not sure how to tell..

Leanne:
I may take a pass on the push up handles, especially if you have to slow down! Glad your first day back to work is over!;-)

Tneah:
We don;t have regular fire alert things, they are hooked up to our alarm system so they don;t have batteries to replace. Still on the search! You may just have a heat issue in your room if you are still regular and no other symptoms. 4 pounds? Way to go! I went to the web site for the protein stuff... too bad they don;t have a sample pack of all the flavors..I don;t know which to order!

Emily:
If I figure out what it is I will certainly be posting it here because I will be so happy not to have this sound waking the dogs every night. DH and I think that they think it is the alarm clock, which does have a beeping sound when it goes off...

Lainie:
Not too bad at the dentist..my DH tried to get me to go to an orthodontist for years then he gave up!

Stephanie:
I hope you have a better day today and no nightmares! :-( I love Muscle Endurance!

TK:
Glad to hear you are better!

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Morning Deb and all who follow!

Where is everyone this morning? Or am I posting in the wrong thread?

Deb - I DID get up early and ran five miles and I set a personal record. I actually broke the 47 minute mark and ran 5 in 46:58, so I'm pretty happy about that! Sorry to hear you haven't found the source of the beeping yet.

Lainie - Did you see that I got your package? Thanks SO MUCH! I'm so excited to go through it all! Oh, and if you wanna talk braces, speak with Emily. She just got hers off.:)

Wow, I can't believe I'm the second one here!!

Yesterday I totally blew it and ate HORRIBLY ( I will spare you the details, but it involved brownies and DH's California Pizza Kitchen pizza --it wasn't pretty). I have given up caffeine, and I guess part of it was eating to stay awake. I had another bout with nightmares again last night too. Hopefully today/tonight will be much better.

Deb: Glad your knee is better.

Will be back later to say hey to everyone who follows!

ETA:
Shelley: We were posting at the same time. Way to go on the run!! I am SO jealous!!

Stephanie - thanks! And forget about yesterday and move on. It's all we can do:)

TK - yes, it was me doing the pike on the ball at Target.:)

Mornin' Melters! :)

Started the morning off right with a DrillMax premix (cardio and upper body). :)

Deb, I hope your beeping is just an alarm clock. I haven't heard the beeping in my house for the last two nights, so maybe it was the water softener. Either that, or the aliens who were going to abduct me changed their minds. :p

Shelley, AWESOME job on your 5 mile PR!!! :D :D :D

Stephanie, we all have days like that. Today is a new day - hop back on the melting wagon - today will be better! :)

Lainie, if you are thinking about getting braces, you're welcome to PM me. I got mine off in July of last year ('07) and I am really happy with how everything turned out. I had them on for 17 months.

I hope everyone else is having a good Friday Eve! :D

Good morning!

Shelley, way to go on your run, that is so incredible! I really miss running, haven't done it in years and cannot--that is fast woman, geez!:) You must have some beautiful legs.:)

Deb, my favorite flavor is the cinnamon roll and the chocolate-coconut!The vanilla is good if you love fruit, cause you can add frozen berries instead of ice cubes and its soooo good.:9 Yeah, you are so right about the heat thing, my intuition tells me, its the start of the "peri" thing.:eek:

Stephanie, don't sweat it, or rather, sweat it all out today, yesterday is gone and over with, do you best right now. Thats all any of us can do right?;) Are you taking a sleep-aid that might be causing the nightmares? Probably just your sub-concious trying to get your attention about something you are ignoring. Thats always what it is with me and my dreams.

Lainie, don't they have those invisible braces now?

Emily, are we still dancin' this AM? You are cause you are done with your workout today!

Hi to all that follow! I slept terrible last night woke up every three hours and wanted to eat.x( I "cheated" and had a little turkey breast, cannot figure out why I kept getting up. Never happens, probably the PMS thing, those hormones can affect sleep right before TOTM. Well, gotta get busy, today is check-in with Mr. Trainer man, chest/arms and calves.:) BBL....

Hi everyone. I still seem to have bronchitis or something. The last 3 or 4 nights I have had trouble sleeping because of a tickly throat and cough. My nose is clear but I cough up...you know...stuff. It's very frustrating that I can't seem to clear it up. I'm back to trying Mucinex today.

Ewan and I are taking a quiet day at home--well, not necessarily quiet since he's terrible 2. I have 4DS BC on my rotation today, though I will probably do something else for the cardio part--I think the BC workout is a bit too high impact for my wonky knees.

I have a few projects for myself today, if Ewan gives me a chance. I have some more rotation ideas I want to flesh out and put on my blog (even though I still have 2 1/2 weeks on my rotation I'm excited about the next one). I also want to get started on a book that's been rolling about in my head. Of course, I have started a few books that never get very far. I like to write but I am not good at long-term projects.

OK, let me see if I can catch up with personals since I never did them yesterday.

Deb, I got the $40 Perfect Push-up handles from Target. Of course, so far I've only used them once (when I did 4DS HIS). Also, I didn't use them when doing the push-ups around the clock--too complicated to move them around, too. They do give push-ups a different feel--make them harder in a way but easier on my wrists.

Shelley, so glad you got the package. I don't know if it's all stuff you can use, but feel free to pass some of it on to others, of course.

Stephanie, how often do you have nightmares? I have at least 1-2 a week of some kind (though some are worse than others). On the nights I don't have nightmares I just have really bizarre dreams. I think it's just a big imagination rambling around as I sleep.

Emily, good to know you've been through the adult braces thing. I'll probably PM you. One of my old college roommates just got some put on a couple months ago; when she told me, my first thought was, "Why do you need braces? My teeth are much worse than yours!" So that's probably a sign that I really do need them. My parents took me to the orthodontist once as a kid but when they said I would need headgear, I said, "No freakin' way" or some '80's kid equivalent to that. I guess they decided it wasn't worth it without headgear because nothing happened after that. Do they still do headgear? Surely they wouldn't still try that on me?

TK, I think I probably will get braces soon. Now that my kids are in school (at least a few hours a week) and I'm not planning on getting pregnant again soon (or perhaps ever), I guess I'm finally ready. I kept putting it off because I was pregnant, or moving, or home with the kids, etc. Of course, I'm always telling my husband something I want taken care of--like braces, a tummy tuck, lasik surgery, etc. Poor man. I'm sure I terrify him with wanting to spend all his money. I think the braces are the most practical and most necessary on the list.

Robin, I'm glad you got through the stress test on the treadmill. I hope whatever the deal is it's just some minor thing--after all you are quite active normally. My mom is getting a knee replaced next week and is going for a stress test today or tomorrow, so when she told me that I thought of you.

Tneah, will the dentist give me the funny gas if I have to drive myself home? I don't know if I've ever had it, actually--just local numbing.

Leanne, we had Mervyn's in Texas but not up here. Would love to go to that sale. :(

Shannon, hope you're getting through all that work o.k. Don't wear yourself out.

OK, think I'm caught up a bit. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

>Emily, good to know you've been through the adult braces
>thing. I'll probably PM you. One of my old college roommates
>just got some put on a couple months ago; when she told me, my
>first thought was, "Why do you need braces? My teeth are much
>worse than yours!" So that's probably a sign that I really do
>need them. My parents took me to the orthodontist once as a
>kid but when they said I would need headgear, I said, "No
>freakin' way" or some '80's kid equivalent to that. I guess
>they decided it wasn't worth it without headgear because
>nothing happened after that. Do they still do headgear?
>Surely they wouldn't still try that on me?

Lainie, to answer your question, YES, headgear still exists and there are adults who have to wear it as part of their orthodontic treatment. But don't freak out - Just because an orthodontist in the 80's said you needed headgear doesn't mean you would need it today. You'll want to get several consultations with different orthodontists - you may find that each one has a very different treatment plan and one may want to use headgear, and the other may want to do something else. PM me and I can point you to some excellent resources for adults with braces, and adults considering braces. :)

Lainie, that is the beauty of the funny gas:+ As soon as they cut you off, and give you regular air to breath, it takes about two minutes, and its as if you never had it at all! Its wonderful stuff this funny gas, I have been known to change dentists if they do not offer it!}( You get to lay there and daydream, very relaxing to a banana-head like myself.:7

Hi, Melters -

Whew. Our department made our deadline!!! We're DONE. I'm beat. Can I go home now? :p Oh, I guess not - we have a staff meeting in a few minutes. Joy. Anyhow, we all went out and celebrated with Mexican food. This little hole in the wall place a few blocks away makes excellent veggie quesadillas (or however you spell it) which actually seem pretty healthy. Just take my word for it.;)

I had a great upper body workout last night, just lifting to some music on my own. I even increased the weight on several exercises!

Deb - I don't like bandwork too much either. Lots of times I'll eithe skip it or do a similar exercise with dumbbells.

Shelley - HURRAY! for the PR! You are getting some speed!!!!

Stephanie - just consider yesterday your "day off" and everything will be fine. We get a rest day from exercise, so why not from clean eating?

Emily - I'm glad the aliens decided to leave you here on Earth. :7

Tneah - blame the midnight hunger on TTOM. It happens to me all the time!

Lanie - you poor thing - will you ever get better? ;(

I did part of Seasun Zieger's Straight Up Step instead of the cardio from 4DS BC today. I did it on a 4" step and wouldn't you know UPS brought the MatStep just after I finished that and moved on to BC weights? Of course.

I was still working on the BC bi's and tri's when Ewan got up, so he was watching me work out. When they brought out the stability balls, he said, "Need bounce?" (see, I use my Bosu for the stability ball parts a lot and he calls the Bosu a bounce. I said, "Yes, Mommy has to get out her bounce." Then I brought it out and he declared, "Mommy's blue bounce."

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi Melters. I was such a lazy hienie this morning and only did the weight work on 4DS Bootcamp/Bis Tris. I'll make up for the lost cardio this weekend.

Lainie: How do you like Seasun's Straight Up Step? I started working on it last weekend but only went as far as the first combo. I enjoy all her other workouts too. I really like her style because it has complex choreo yet the intensity is still there. I could only dream of having abs like hers, and she's had three babies!

Deb: Your mystery beeping noise got me to think of all the things in my house that beep. You know, when you think about it there's a lots of things in a normal household that would beep. A mystery beep happened to me once, but eventually I found it was a battery operated travel alarm clock going off in my suitcase.

Shelley: WTG on your personal best run. I truly admire people who can run fast.

Stephanie: I don't think I'd be good around a CPK pizza either. When DH and I take the boat to Baltimore Inner Harbor, we always beat feet to CPK to have the Thai Chicken Pizza on whole wheat crust. Actually I found a recipe online to make it at home and it did come out very close, but it was a lot of work for just one pizza. I'm kinda happy there's not a CPK near us here. Could be dangerous!

Emily: Glad to know that your foil hat is protecting you from the bleeping, er beeping aliens.

Tneah: How can it be cheating if you ate turkey breast? It coulda been a lot worse! Also, I agree the hormones make it hard to sleep. I was always one who never woke up in the night for anything but when I'm having my flashing episodes I'm up every couple hours. I hate it!

Shannon: Your lifting to your own music reminds me of something. Wouldn't it be great if we could buy a workout and they could tell us the BPM and we could just find our own music to play to it? There are some really good step instructors out there but their workouts stink because they wouldn't pay for better music.

Hello to all I missed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.