Thursday's Damage Controllers!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Not a big lot happening here today, just the way I like it! I have a playdate set up with one of my friends. Mornings were better for her but I prefer afternoons. I hate starting my day off by sitting around:confused: I like drinking my coffee, cleaning up a bit and getting to my workout. I would have all afternoon to set around! Anyway, we were going to play it by ear b/c the last time we set up a playdate, she slept in! She is only 28 and as MS. Right now its all under control but we haven't talked about it much.

So todays workout will be cardio and PH. I may be able to get PH in before my playdate and I shouldn't sweat to much so I shouldn't have to wash my hair or anything after.

I will bbl today. Hope everyone as a good day!

Lori:)

Morning !

Didn't get to sleep very early last night so not up early this AM ! Well I made it one day in a row early. Looks like I'm not the only one though . . .:rolleyes:

Got a 3 mile run in last night and then headed for pasta fundraiser. Nice not to cook but definitely food the way I eat. Was good - done by a local Italian restaurant, saw SIL & niece and a few other friends we don't see much. Then home to settle down but no sleep until around 12. UGH!

Tonight will be legs I think - don't want to do UB 2 days in a row.

Lori - hope your play date works out so you aren't sitting around waiting.

Big news at work ! My current job that is. Will go into that one later once I get a handle on it.

Have a great day girls !

Hello ladies ..

more DOMS to report today .. shins stilll hurting .. now my entire CORE is hurting .. especially my lower back muscles .. ugh .. I did power walk at lunch .. then I went home and did REVABS cardio mnth 2 .. it started off so easy and basic .. I thought .. OK .. easy workout today no prob ... but it snuck up on me .. and before I knew it my legs were ON FIRE ..and I was sweating like a maniac!! :confused: the kicks he does is diff. from kickboxing and he moves pretty quick in an odd way .. anyway .. wasnt expecting to be this sore .. Got home and DH had cooked a homemade POUND CAKE :eek: .. and a home made batch of BROWNIES :eek: ANNNNDDD he had made me a plate of spaghetti :eek::eek::D OK .. the house smelled of pound cake .. awesome ..I did have a taste and it was DELISH .. but put the cake lid on it and walked off (although that was a toughie b/c I could have had a huge peice of it) .. bless my babies heart!!! :)

Lori .. Have a fun play date today :) My neighborhood .. thing is why it was so stressfull there isnt a lot of crime .. RARELY ever a murder .. there are lots of drug trafficking .. but since DB is sheriff I hear more than your average joe here ... but yes .. I jog down the streets .. and feel safe .. there are "some" areas (like where the girl was shot) I would NEVER go in .. but overall our town is very quiet .. very safe .. that is why yesterday had everyone thrown for a loop .. well especially me since I knew the inside story to it .. UGH ...

Di .. did you ever get in your outdoor bootcamp class or are you still on waiting list?? still keeping fingers crossed for ya!!! thing about Zumba .. I love to dance .. but usually when I do it is dark and I have CABS in me .. LOL .. and everyone else does too :p uummmm .. so I dont think I would be comfortable Latin dancin' w/the townspeople and looking like an idiot .. LOL .. and like I told SIL .. if I am taking one hour out of MY Friday ... it is gonna be for a kick arse workout!!:p

Jacque .. ok missy .. spill the beans .. what is going on in your job??? figures something would change right before you are deciding on whether to change jobs or not .. huh?

Wendy .. how is YOUR job going .. are you getting into the groove of things??

Hello Jen!!

OK .. I have rambled long enough .. no lunch w/o I had errands .. co-worker b-day .. and yes MORE FOOD .. they brought fruit, breakfast quiche, and brownies ..:mad: .. but I just had fruit :D .. tonight's class will be PLYO .. gonna change it up and do straight plyo .. no LB work .. minimal rests .. and add on 20 min of power yoga to end .. :D ...have a great one!!:D

Hey Ladies.

Done with my work and it's 4:45. Much better then 3pm!!! lol Did Boot Camp cardio and upper body only this morning. I didn't go heavy enough for back and wanted to do those exercises again but ran out of time. I hit it good for the rest of the muscles though so it's okay. Tmrw is my rest day and then I am *considering* starting that GS rotation I've been talking about this weekend!

Don't really want to get into personals from here so I'll catch up with them later or in the AM.

Hope everyone is having a great day!:D

Hey Girls!

My day flew by of course. We had a good morning and we also stayed for lunch. I really didn't want to b/c I knew I had way to much stuff to do at home but she put some lunch on for the boys and kept telling me to stay for lunch. I knew there was no way out of it, so I stayed.

DS's behavior hasn't been the best today. He is so aggresive towards us...but no one else. If it were toward everyone I would be concerned. Whenever we tell him he can't do something or can't have you, he likes to hit or push. And no matter how long you try and discipline him, he is relentless and won't give up. I think he is making up for being sick last week.

I managed to get my workout in, even though it didn't look possible for a while. I did PH, 3.5 miles on the TM and 30/30.

Jacque** Can't wait to hear the news about work. Maybe you will have your new job before all the changes start:) You will be cutting up pineapple before we know it!

Laura** You are always in pain! LOL I think you work yourself to hard! LOL I workout hard but usually have alittle DOMS, thats all! hehe!

Wendy** GS is my fav! Im sure you will come up with a good rotation. Will it be for 1 month?

BB in the a.m!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

I was pretty groggy this morning and got started on my w/o a little late. I ended up doing SuperSets lower body blast premix. My strength is not where it use to be that's for sure. Meso 2 has some heavier weights so maybe that will help shape up my legs.

OOOhhh, I'm down 3#'s since I started weighing daily and logging my food this week. It's probably all water, and I've been drinking tons of it lately.

Lori-so is your 3.5 mile run your warmup for 30/30?;) Sounds like you had a pretty good day. DS2 was a biter and that was tough to deal with for a bit. DS will grow out of his hitting and pushing stage soon.

Jacque-can't wait to hear about the job...big promotion for you...my fingers are crossed.

Wendy-Nice w/o. I love GS and always get good results with those workouts. I'm sure you'll come up with a doozie of a rotation...that's just your style!

Laura-nope, I'm still on the wait list...UUGGHHH. It's my own fault, but I couldn't afford to pay for the class sooner. I walked 2 miles at lunch yesterday and my shins are talking to me today. Not bad though, just enough to know I did something. Good luck with Zumba if you do decide to go! My hips just don't know how to zumba!:D

Jen-what rotation are you following?

Gotta pick Jerod up from basketball and take him to baseball practice. I'm hoping there's enough time for me to feed him-yikes.

bb tomorrow~!

Felt like sweating tonight for some reason so I did TJ Cardio Party with weighted gloves. FUN!

Off to bed with me...Hope to BB in the AM!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.