Thursday MELTdown

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning all.

Deb, are you sleeping in or working out? We missed you, but Shelley did wonderfully well starting us out. You are probably posting right now, so I'll stop for a bit and come back.

OK, I didn't see anything from Shelley or Deb, so I think I'm officially starting the melting today.

Tneah, I also love ocean smells. Even the not so nice ones. And the smell of St John when you get off the ferry. There is nothing like it.

Leanne, I had forgotten all about your visiting BIL. So no time line was ever established?

Shelley, back to the grind today? When do you start your summer schedule?

I'm hoping to have enough energy this afternoon to do 4DS HIS etc. I'm trying a new recipe for dinner. It's called Navajo Stew and is mostly roasted veggies like sweet potatos and peppers. A friend raved about it, so we'll see.

I'll be back later to check on the rest of you melters.

Hi Robin and all who follow:

Robin - our summer hours start next Friday.

I woke up at 3 and was crampy so I figured I might as well reset my alarm for 5:45, since I knew I wouldn't be running with a crampy tummy. I still feel tired though. I'll see how I feel after work. Hopefully some Advil will help.

Good Morning all fellow Melters!

No workout for me today, ( none yesterday either!). I got back last night. I was pretty tired so I didn;t post, but I did go back and read the posts from the last few days, so I could catch up with what has been going on around here. The trip was good.. our organization actually went to the hill and met with 3 staffers from the Senate Finance Committee. It was pretty interesting to see how these things get done in government. It's not as formal or intimidating as you would think.. very informal and friendly. They actually seem to like to see their constituents.

Shelly:
Glad you didn;t fall asleep in the seminar! Thanks for getting us started the days I was gone, with Robin's help I'm sure! When you go to the OUtlet Mall, there is a Target right around the corner on NF Blvd.

Tneah:
You are so sweet to send me a new serum bottle.. (really not necessary!) I loved the stuff and it was my stupidity that caused it to leak. I should have known better. I just wanted anyone that was taking it with them travelling, to put it in a differnt bottle! Your pics were great! I love the one of you and your DH together! Don;t stress too much about working out..you are beautiful both inside and out, and life it too short to stress. As long as you stay healthy, that is really all that is important in the long run. No Fish Tacos!

Robin:
Let us know how that recipe turns out.

Shannon:
I'm with you on the 4DS LIS..I have never tried the cardio part, love the weights on this series though. Love the picture in my mind of you and your Mom talking while she is baking cookies. These are the memories you will cherish for a lifetime.

Leanne:
No puppy trip this time! I wish it was. We are going to pick up the puppy June 5-7. He will be 10 weeks old then. This breeder likes to keep them with their Mom a little longer. I agree with her on this, at least for this breed. I hope you don;t have to have that Saturday meeting! ugh. What is the title of your book? So exciting to know someone that actually published! I have that Bach's Remedy for Kelsey ( and previously Clancy) to give them before going to the vet. It didn;t work that well, they were still terrified and crazy! Yuk on the "spinach" shake!

Lainie:
Cute pics! sorry to hear you have been so tired lately. Any idea what is causing it?

Kara:
WELCOME to the Melting Pot! Congratulations on your B.S. !:)

Jennifer:
I bet it felt really good to get back into the swing of things! Glad you are feeling better.

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Good morning, all!

Gotta head into work, but wanted to say "hi" to everyone and "welcome back" to Deb! We missed you! Glad that the puppy trip will be here soon!:)

I'll try to stop by tonight! Hope you all have great days!

Morning All!

Deb, I will send you another bottle when I return to Las Vegas, we are here in SD until Sunday morning. I think I have your address still, I saved all my emails. Your trip actually sounds pretty interesting!

Robin, I think that stew sounds yummy, and full of nutrients, let us know how it turned out.:9 Ocean smells are nice aren't they? But you are right, there are some that just plain stink, but still smell good cause they are "oceany!"

Shelley, cramps suck. Take the Advil and take it easy today.:)

Leanne, have a pleasant day at work in this gloomy weather.:D It'll clear up after we leave to go back home to Vegas, it always works that way.

I am sore all over this morning, those dang weights!}( Think I may take a cardio only day, am supposed to do back/abs, may wait until tomorrow..hi to the rest of you gals, I will be back later to chat.:)

Happy morning all!

Leanne—Yea, no Saturday meetings! That was just ridiculous! Oh my goodness, I don’t blame you for being stressed. I hope that your BIL finds his own place quickly! Colin is stressed about tomorrow, but he will do well. His teacher has done an excellent job of preparing the students. So glad those pants found their way into your bag! They are really cute. Have a great day at work!

Tneah—Good luck dress shopping! Your evening on the boat sounded heavenly. I love the ocean and most of its smells! Speaking of smells…I opened the kitchen window yesterday and discovered a particularly disturbing smell emanating from our deck. It seems that DD (Emma) had begun a collection of a dead turtle, a bone (????), a crawfish, and some tadpoles! HELLO???? What was she thinking? She is so *not* me LOL! Enjoy your day!

Robin—That stew sounds yummy! I make a roasted sweet potato and black bean enchilada that is good. Roasted veggies are awesome. How is your knee?

Shelley—Sorry about the cramps. They suck. I hope you feel better soon!

Deb—Nice to *meet* you! Your trip sounds interesting! Are you getting a new puppy? How fun! Thanks for the congrats!

I had loads o’ fun this morning with Amy’s Hi/Lo Knockout. I love the music in that workout! I have to take Emma (DD) to get a chest x-ray and sinus CT scan for a nasty cough that won’t leave. Then she has soccer practice (DH coaches) and a chorus concert. Colin is also receiving an award this evening as well. Now that I have given more info than you ever hoped about my day, I must get going! Have a good one!

Kara

Good morning, Melters -

Ack, I'm late. Our internet connection was down at work this morning!

Robin - does that mean you have to roast the veggies first and then put them in the stew? It sounds yummy, but I think it's too much work. :p

Shelley - I hope you're well dosed-up on Advil. I'm sending cramps-begone vibes.

Deb - I'm glad to see you back, and that you had a decent trip. Yes, I love the weights on 4DS! Have you ever done the all upper body premix? Whew!

Leanne - Hi!!! I hope your day goes smoothly!

Tneah - I'm glad you had a yummy lunch yesterday. Anything with avocado in it has to be good!

Kara - I hope Emma is okay. You sound very busy with the kids!!

Last night I did 4DS BC with the bi's and tri's. Oh boy was that one fun! It's the first time I ever did the BC cardio. Trust me, I'll be doing it many, many more times! And we had the loveliest rain last night - just perfect for watering all the flowerbeds! I just sat on my couch with the windows open and listened to it.

Today is a rest day, because I desperately need to go grocery shopping. Maybe I can try one of those GroceryMax workouts. ;)

Hi everyone. I'm so sleepy today. I can barely function. Wait, didn't I say that same thing for like the last 2 or 3 days straight? Well, consider it repeated.

I am planning to do a nice total body workout, but a short one--Amy Bento's All Pump. I did that ballet for my lower body yesterday and was going to just do upper body today but I don't feel my lower body was worked enough, so it's total body after all. I'm just waiting for the living room floor to dry before I work out--I just cleaned it.

DH asked me to read over the subsidy info from his company (did I mention that he gets a subsidy for fitness equipment--half the cost up to $500--maybe just said that to Leanne in an email) and then find a stationary bike we can pick up locally. So I hope to finally get a bike soon!

Robin, can you please please please send me the recipe for that Navajo Stew?!? It sounds right up my alley. I might even get DH to eat it, though I might have to throw in meat. Dude is so carnivorous. I could easily be a vegetarian but I still have to keep him meated up. http://bestsmileys.com/movingeyes/4.gif Last night I suggested making veggie pizza, and he asked if I could throw some pepperoni on it.

Shelley, sorry about the crampy tummy. I don't get that much anymore since having babies. I have pain elsewhere. Not going to describe it here, though. I already wrote a TMI post on my fitness blog about Aunt Flo, etc.

Deb, glad to have you back! Yeah, not sure why I'm so tired though it may be related to a prescription. Also, it's worse this week because of that evil witch Aunt Flo who is visiting Shelley and me at the same time. Even our uteruses are friends at a distance. Or is it uteri?

Leanne, hope you have a good day at work. Not much time left in the semester! My kids are actually in school until the end of June!

Tneah, yeah, maybe you should do just cardio today--esp. since you have back trouble sometimes. No reason to strain it if you're sore.

Kara, I love the music from Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout, too. Amy is pretty good at picking music in general. Wow, you have quite a busy day planned. I have one of those days where we have nothing in particular planned except getting my oldest DS to and from school. It's also rainy and blah outside.

Shannon, glad you liked 4DS Boot Camp. That's actually my least favorite of 4DS, but that's because I never like boot camp stuff much. Still, of all the boot camp workouts I've tried, it's definitely the best. I don't do it much because of the impact, though.

OK, going to go get enough energy to work out with Amy. I've really gotta plan a trip over there to work out with her in person. She's only a half hour away for Pete's sake!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wUOZo1m/weight.png

Back again!

Shelley, so sorry your tum tum is cramping your style. Ha, ha, snicker, snort. Get it?

Deb, glad you trip was good. It must have been neat to get an insiders view of the government.

Tneah, "oceany" smells - exactly! By the way, I agree with what someone posted about your facial products. Was it Leanne? My complextion has been great since I started. Thanks again!

Kara, I'm LOL at your DD's collection. Hmmmm, will she be a medical doctor, or a PhD in a natural history museum? I'll let you know how the recipe turns out and post it if it's good. What is your DS's award for?

Shannon, yeah, you have to roast the veggies, but the recipe said it takes 55 minutes to make the dish, so we'll see how hard it turns out to be. I like 4DS BC too, but mostly because the BC part is relatively short! I can force myself to keep going by telling myself it's almost over.

Lainie, Amy is only half an hour away from you?! By all means, you need to get to a class. I'm with you on Bootcamp workouts. And of course I'll share the recipe - if it's any good. It's from a Moosewood Restuarant cookbook.

It's been kind of a slow day here at work. I've been puttering around doing stuff that needs done but no one likes to do, like writing up new procedures. Yawn. I have a benefit meeting to go to soon. Why the heck do they make us go to these meetings every year when the benefits never change! We also have to go on line and do this really complicated series to re-sign up for our benefits. Why can't they just give us a box to click that says "No changes?" Bureaucrats!

Afternoon all!

I had a busy morning catching up on stuff I missed here yesterday, which was apparently quite a lot!

Deb - I'm glad you're back! Yes, I've been to that Target a couple of times! Love it!

Leanne - hi!

Tneah - Advil is my best friend right now. I think cardio only sounds like a good idea. Or maybe a total rest day. Do you ever take rest days?

Kara - I'm LOL at Emma's hoard. Sophie picks up the weirdest things too. Must be a 10 y/o girl thing. I think I'm going to try Hi-Lo Knockout tonight. I was supposed to run, but I don't think my cramps will let me. Congrats to Colin on his award and I hope you find out what's behind Emma's cough.

Shannon - I love 4DS BC too! The whole shebang!

Lainie - I'm so sorry you're tired again. Ugh. That's awesome that DH's company will subsidize workout stuff.

Robin - I can't wait for the Navajo stew recipe! The benefits meeting sounds like a real snoozer.

Off to soccer, but wanted to say that ALL four pairs of Emma's sinus cavities are severly infected! The antibiotic she was on two weeks ago did nothing. Poor thing! Whew, hopefully her attitude lately has been from this more than hormones! :eek: }(

Have a good evening all!

Kara :)

DH walked into the kitchen while I was preparing dinner.

"That smells good. What's for dinner?"

"Navajo stew."

"Uh oh. That sounds dangerous. Sounds like it doesn't have meat."

Anyhoo, I thought it was tasty, so I posted the recipe on the OD forum. I couldn't find any chipotles at the store, so I added some chipotle chili powder instead. I'm going to take some leftovers to work tomorrow for lunch. Bet it tastes even better tomorrow.

Kara, poor Emma! Did they do any cultures this time? I hope the new antibiotic helps.

Hi all,

Robin, yummers, I can't wait to try the stew, I love stew. Men and their meat!}( I swear. I can set out a bunch of sweet treats and beef jerkey for the guys, and guess what gets eaten? The jerky. Men are not hardwired to crave sugar like we are, strange species if you ask me!:p

Kara, sorry to hear about your daughters infection. Poor baby, now at least you know whats going on and it can be treated properly.

So how is everyone doing today? I stumbled around on the elliptical this morning, ever have one of those cardio workouts that you feel like you slept through to the point you barely broke a sweat? That was me this morning. Why even bother, but I guess it was better than nothing!

I was supposed to go look for a dress today, but lacked the motivation to deal with chirpy salesgirls.....x( kind of in a "hermit" mood today,there has been too many people in a small space for too long I think. We have both guys here on the boat with us working this week, so its been "close". I hate close, I much prefer wide open spaces with no people.:7

I was walking Georgie and ran into a Irish wolfhound who promptly tried to attack and bite Georgie, I was so pissed, poor George, he is okay but still...my poor baby boy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.