Thursday Kettlebells

Good Morning!

Started out with 1 pullup and 3 chins.
Next was So You Think You Can Dance Tone & Groove which consisted of Hip Hop, Jazz and Cha Cha. I was a little disappointed. I hit Play All and they started with this long introduction. The warmup didn't warm me up at all but I went on to Hip Hop. The breakdown was kind of slow. Then you go through the combos 4x through slow, medium and fast. I decided to skip the breakdown and just go ahead with the "workout" for Jazz and Cha Cha and even though there was no breakdown, I caught on quickly and it was much better and I got up my HR way up there. The Cha Cha was the best. There was way too much talking in this so I don't know if I'm going to keep it but I might do it one more time for any pointers and then get rid of it.

Then I did Shiva's Daily Energy again. Today was Shanti which was a great hip-opening practice. Pigeon was held for a long time and she also do one-legged forward bend, sacrum twists, cow-face pose (love this pose!) and sage twist.

Melissa - So do you go on vacation this weekend?

Waves to all! BBL.

Marcy

:D

I got an AWESOME WORKOUT IN! I feel like I have totally redeemed myself. I did 12 minutes of swings, 30/30, and did 35# the entire time. My forearms burned a little bit, but it's all good. I haven't had any sugar since I decried it and am feeling much better. I am going away first thing tomorrow morning, so I made sure that this morning's workout counted. Here's what I did:

12 minutes swings 30/30 w/ 35#
5 minutes TGU with 20-25#, really just focused on form, didn't care much about #
3 rounds of 20 push-ups, 10 KTE

I would have done pull ups, but my back is a bit sore from y'day so I just did a couple here and there to loosen it up a bit. This is the first time I've had DOMS in quite some time, so I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I used to get DOMS all the time when I did weight training... :confused:

Deanie, how are he IL's?

Jane, you have no idea how sad I am to hear about your dad. :( DH's dad experienced much the same thing when he had a tumor in his brain: hallucinations, irritable, extremities didn't look good... My heart goes out to you. :( Dan was with his dad every day to the very end, and I hope that your parents know just how special you are. It isn't easy on you, but you are an amazing daughter.

Gayle, I am afraid that I will start looking through VRBO looking for whatever I can find in driving distance now! We would be so broke because I will say "wouldn't it be fun if... it's really cheap right now" and DH will be like "OH YEAH, BABY! LET'S DO IT! WHAT'S THEIR NUMBER???!!!" and I'll get all swept away in the excitement of what was really in the beginning just a fantasy or "what if". Just like our trip this weekend, lol. :p

Marcy, I LOVE Seasun Zieger! A few years ago when I was still doing step I had some questions for her on her forum and she answered and was so kind and nice and personable! I struggle with complex choreography, but because I liked her so much I stuck it out until I got it down. I agree, her cuing is great! Have you seen her "step wheel" workouts on youtube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5snu8nIzY
WICKED! :cool:

drover, what all do you want to know about kettlebells/any specific questions? A few great sources for information are artofstrength.com and dragondoor.com. I am honestly not sure about the calorie burn because I don't track them with any device, but you definitely get a thorough workout! :)

Gotta run!

Melissa

I am anxiously awaiting my Kettlebells from AOS :D and I'm going to give this my very best effort! I'm working my way back from a bike crash, so my right shoulder is still *talking* to me. Thank's Melissa for inviting me here!

Nita

Howdy!

Marcy - I love Shiva Rea! I should really pull her DVD out more often. Nice side crow PR yesterday!

Melissa - Great workout! Enjoy your weekend! :) Do you have any activities planned?

Welcome Nita!! :) Are you getting some AOS DVDs, too? Sorry to hear about your bike crash. I have a shoulder that can be "tweaky" and I've been trying to incorporate Turkish Get Ups into my warm ups to help with its stability.

Waves to Jane, Deanie and Rhonda!

drover/Cathy - There's a good thread on the OP right now with some nice suggestions on how to get started with kettlebells. We're a little eclectic in what we all do here, but feel free to join us!
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272210

Here are the stats from Workout A last night. It was so much better than Monday. :)

Buy-in: Regular limbering up routine. TGU 3r/3l @ 12kg

Squats: 98# for 3x5 - These felt so much better. That last set was solid.
Bench: 63# for 3x5 - Dropped 5# on these, but it really was for the better. These felt good.
Deadlift: 193# for 1x5 - This felt easier than last week. I videoed all my DL sets to see what form break down happens, and I don't think it's too bad...but I'm not an expert and haven't worked up the courage to asked at the SS forums. :eek:

Have a good day!

Melissa - Thanks for the Seasun link. I've seen her double step but not her wheel step. It looks like so much fun!

Nita - Welcome to the checkin! I hope your shoulder heals quickly so you can get started with your KBs. Did you get any AOS DVDs?

Gayle - Thanks! Shiva's really great! Daily Energy Flow is so great for me to get yoga in more than once a week. Great workout today! I guess your hip is all better?

Waves to Jane, Deanie & Rhonda!

Marcy

Hey thanks everyone, and nice to meet you all. I think I have most of the AOS dvd's, at least my count is eight and am waiting for the kettlebells, I really NEED to love this...haha! The UPS man will get his workout hauling that box to my front door. Let's see...that should add up to 54 pounds with what I ordered, I just hope he doesn't drop in aggravation!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.