Those wonderful 40's week of 5/18

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone.....I expect this may be a light posting week.

I did spinning today, I can tell I'm getting better at it because I did a DVD that I started with and I can get through it much easier now!

I have another get together Tuesday night with a different set of friends. Can't wait to show off my hard work!

Gotta run for now....

Hi Lisa and everyone else

Thanks for getting us started this week. I know Mary's away - is anyone else?

So have you finished STS now? Or is this your last week? I lose track! Great that you get the chance to show off the results! Did you classmates say anything at your last get-together (it was old school friends wasn't it?)

Today I did Bootcamp and loved it! It was the last day of my rotation and I've really noticed a difference (as has my DH :D). This rotation just seems to have suited me perfectly. For the rest of the week I think I'm just going to do some yoga and bits and pieces then I plan to start on FF's Dec rotation either next week or the week after.

Bye for now!

Hi All,

I did not work out this morning but maybe I can squeeze something in tongiht. I went food shopping during lunch when I would have power walked so I really need to get something done tonight. Just wanted to say hello to all.

Murph

Hi all,

Another quick fly post, just popping in to say hi. I've not had a chance to be here much, very busy at work (sadly) and we've had a tough couple of days. Hopefully I'll be able to pop in more this week.

Ronne, This is my last STS week of Meso3. Was supposed to do Chest/Back today, but knew I'd be working in the yard pulling up sod so thought it might be best to not do an upper body workout.

The girls I met and the ones I will met tomorrow are all work friends. They all said I looked great, asked if I had more energy. Will see about the others, funny thing is I've always been the youngest of the group (with the oldest being about 62), so maybe there's some jealousy too?

Hi All,

I did STS today. Unlike Lisa, I have a week and a half to go before I am done. The addition of the squat rack routine has extended my time. I am really looking forward to being done. I really love STS but I am looking forward to that new EA Sports Wii program that comes out today. DH bought it for me for Mother's Day. I am ready for something new.

Lisa - glad to hear your friends notice your hard work. It makes it all worth it. Congrat's.

Murph

Hi everyone...late post today, I've been busy doing those glamorous things we all envy. :p laundry, vacuuming, etc

I did STS M3W4 Chest/BAck today. It was tough, this is the week you use the weight (85%) from wk 2 but do the reps (8) for week 1. Yea, I could lift them but I was whipped, maybe it was because I feel I need a break, maybe it's from all the yard work yesterday, maybe it's because it's hot, maybe it's just because.

Murphy, you'll have to let me know how you do on week 4, it's a toughie.

I think I'll do a week of kettlebells after my recovery week and then one of fitnessfreak's get ready for summer rotations, yea, I'm ready for something different!

Hi's to everyone else who is out there!

Hi

Just don't seem to have much posting time this week - don't know why!

Murph - if you're using the squat rack version I bet you're lifting pretty heavy for legs now!

Lisa - so it sounds like the snow has finally stopped in your neck of the woods then? If only we could get a bit of sun here!

Today I did a premix from ASC3 with abs and then a segment of Stretch Max which was lovely! I'm going out for dinner tonight with a friend. Can't decide where to eat, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Indian ... so many choices!

Bye for now!

Hey everyone....today I was tired after my late night last night so I did C&W timesaver....I thought, piece of cake....ugh, if it was a piece of cake why was I stumbling over my feet and in a pool of sweat?

The girls from my old work all commented on how great I looked. They were shocked at working out 1-2 hrs a day/ 6 days a week. Most of them are on Facebook and wondered who the people were saying, good job on the pulls ups, wtg on the push ups, etc.

Ronne, time keeps running away from me too. I vote for chinese food.....been ages since i've had that, my fav chinese restaurant here succumbed to the economy and had to close. :( Today, should hit 89 or so, and then tomorrow back to 55.....do you have crazy weather like that where you are?

Murphy, how's STS? plyo was on my schedule, but I just couldn't face all that jumping around today, hopefully I pump myself up for tomorrow!

hi's to everyone else!

Hi All,

I powerwalked today and I am so tired. I got up late again and missed my am workout but I don't mind b/c I was scheduled for legs and could not decide if I wanted to plyo legs or the squat rack. I guess I better decide, it will still be there tomorrow.

Lisa - if you are scheduled for plyo legs tomorrow then I guess I will do it too and we can be in plyo-leg-land together.

Ronne - don't tell anyone but I have been cheating on my squat rack weights. I know I am only cheating myself, but it is so hard to lift that heavy at whatever-o'clock in the morning. I guess I should stop cheating and start sweating. Okay.....

Murphy

Murphy, it's a date for plyo legs! Maybe that will take some of the dread factor away.

when I lifted pretty heavy for squat, the barbell made my shoulders on teh front and back where it rests for squats adn front squats sore because the bar was so heavy, I even used a towel as cushion

Hello ladies

Well, we went for Italian in the end. Had some bread and mozzarella to start, then tagliatelle primavera and finished with orange tart with mascarpone! Delicious!

The weather is all over the place here at the moment - mainly rain though and pretty cool. I'd love a bit of warm sunshine!

I'm not working out today as I don't have time. I'm thinking of doing Jari tomorrow just to get a full body weights session in.

I'll think of you two bounding up and down! Have fun!

Hi all.

Speaking of Jari, Ronne, I've got her new one Extremly Ripped. Its a tough workout, anyone who doesn't find it tough is bizarre. Jari herself, has terrible form, shes obviously trying to "show" more of a personality. Its tough because the moves are quick. Im not expert enough to comment on the effectiveness or the wiseness of the quick moves. I just know, I am a pool of sweat doing it and have had to modify some moves.

Has anyone tried the Squeeze workouts?

Hi All,

I did plyo legs this morning. Did it get tougher? I could not do the last 3 sections. My legs had had enough. I did go higher on weights in some areas but I did not think I tired my legs that much. I think I have 4 STS workouts left. Yeah!

Murph

Hi All,

Someone please remind me not to powerwalk after doing a leg workout. What was I thinking? Have a great holiday everyone.

Murphy

Hi everyone

Murph - plyo then powerwalk! You are crazy! :p I bet your legs will be talking to you all weekend!

Andrea - no I don't have the squeeze workouts. I've often thought about buying them but something else always comes along that I want more! How are you doing? Not 'seen' you around much.

Today I did a KPC premix and yoga abs from Abs Circuits. Nice and short but I really put some power in my punches!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi all.

Ronne - I have been crazy with busy/work/tiredness etc.. you know, life. Consequently I havn't been able to check in much.

Im going to buy Squeeze- hips and thighs,butts. If I like that one I'll be getting her others.

Girls, I'm in a bad Cathe place right now. This is awful. I can't be bothered doing any of her cardio workouts. They don't interest me anymore. Im happier to run on a treadmill, going no where. Go figure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.