There's Nothing I HATE More Than Whooping - Oct 23

August

Cathlete
Please. A moment of silence for me. Yes, it's true. Whooping. Excessive whooping. In a Christi hi-lo. ;(

It was bound to happen, I know, but the shock...the shock is just...And it's the same woman whose hair is out of control in a different workout. I know hair seems trivial, but it's her um, "vivid" moves that make her hair out of control, but that is nothing...NOTHING compared to her excessive whooping. Electric shock hair I can overlook. Excessive forced whooping I cannot.

But it's a super old hi-lo, so I'm hoping that little, echem, problem was solved in the later years, as I haven't had any whooping problems in the other workouts...yet.

Or maybe it's because I'm not eating grains.

;)

Well, I don't notice much difference in my digestion, but I have a very slight feeling that my stomach might maybe possibly minutely feels...a bit flatter? I read somewhere that you take grains out for a week and see how it goes, so I'm going to go a bit more. I bought more cottage cheese for breakfast so I'm all set for a spell.

Unless it's the lactose. LOL.

Anyway, I did Gym Chest before Whooping Festival and was surprised to find that my strength had decreased some (I could just barely finish the reps with the weights I had in my memo).

Or maybe this is also because I'm not eating grains. LOL.

All I know is that I bought a HUMONGO thing of Quaker Oats like last week, and it's sitting all lonesome in my cupboard.

:*

So it's Monday.........I want to hear how you guys are all doing! And I want to hear about Michele's 5FF! }(

Kate - Is your dog really named...what was it, Goon? If it is, I love that name!! :7

A Moment of Silence for August

August:

I just observed a moment of silence in your honor. I have bad news for you. I am trying to think of a nice way to word this. Let’s just say that a distracting background exerciser kills more than one of her workouts for me. The hi-lo segment of Cardio Collectibles is my favorite Christi Taylor workout. Clean and simple set. Good music. Cute outfits. And above all else, no distracting background exercisers. When I do other workouts, I really appreciate Cathe’s crew! :)

I am curious to know which workout has the excessive whooping. The wild movements and extremely animated facial expressions are visually distracting to me. I cannot remember which one has whooping. It must be one I never do.

Sorry for crashing your check-in. I would have sent you a PM, but you do not have that feature enabled.

While I am here, I have to let Michele know that I saw her comment to Cathe. Yes, you will love cardio after Low Impact Circuit. I believe! :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

ROTFLMAO...ROTFLMAO...ROTFLMAO...big deep breath...ROTFLMAO...ROTFLMAO

August, I really think there's a new career on your horizon as a fitness DVD reviewer. I'm serious. You are soooo funny, and JUST what I needed this morning. --Personally, I think the lack of grains is tied into all your troubles. Have you completely forgotten about the magical powers of barley? Oh gawd! Please tell me you're still eating your green beans--not a grain, I know, but a very important factor in magical eating. I say ditch the lactose and go back to your beloved grains. I held a moment of silence for your lonely box of Quaker Oats:7

What is Gym Chest? Do you mean Cathe's Gym Style Chest? I wouldn't worry about your strength losses--that will come back quickly. It's good to switch things up, and nobody does a better job of chronicling the effects of change in diet and exercise than our dear August!!

Heather!! We LOVE company in Cardio Hateville! :) You're welcome to drop by anytime;) :)

I AM starting my 5FF routine today. I preordered all of Cathe's new offerings way back when and, WHAT WAS I THINKING:eek:--lol! I guess that was during a period of optimism that has long since passed. No! No! I WILL be able to hobble through those workouts:eek: ;( :7

Kate, I'm with August--I LOVE the name Goon:) . --Oh boy, how much longer before your contract is up with your current cable company? We have Time Warner Cable in my neck of the woods and we rarely have a problem with it. We had to replace the underground cable once and that's the biggest problem we've ever had. I'm glad you got that HRM so now you have objective proof that you dont need to kill yourself working out;) . An HRM came with Eli but it doesn't have the little wrist watch thingie. It just has the chest band and the elliptical trainer displays your HR. I haven't used it yet but I think I'm going to try it out this week.

I hope Diane, Janjan, Ellen, and Dana will pop in today:)

I better get going--time's a wastin'!:*

Heather - (Ears pressed tightly over ears, eyes shut closed) BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! I DID NOT READ YOUR POST!!

:* :7 :* :7

I was laughing and crying MAO reading your post. Good gawd. I've been doing Cardio Collectibles a ton and love it. I had no idea that this was one of the ones where the background was...good.

> It must be one I never do.

ROTFLMAO! OH NO!! This is similar to the thought that ran through my mind during the cool-down! The said whooping workout is...Humble Beginnings 5004 hi-lo. A few times I actually shouted out profanities at the screen.

Oh man, I hope you're not implying that "extremely animated facial expressions" are in my future x( ;( .

Anyway, I'm so happy that you came to visit our check-in! Please come by again!

Michele - You know, now that I think of it, I haven't had green beans in a little while! Oh my gosh! Is all this blah because of the lack of the magic? That MUST be it! There's no magic in my life at the moment!

Lately I've been eating broccoli and cauliflower (I know, both gas-inducers :eek: ).

I haven't had a grain in the last three days (not that I'm aware of, at least) but I still feel the L in BOAT. I guess you're probably right about the oatmeal and barley. Well, I'll just give it the few more days I commit myself to and then eat a massive bowl of oatmeal and see what happens. LOL.

Oh yes, Gym Chest is Gym Style Chest. Heh, come to think of it, it doesn't save me that much time not writing "Style."

OH!! Guess what! I got a response from the Gliding company! Would you even believe they have a store here that is in charge of the imports for them?! I am shocked. Really! I'm going to write them and see how much they cost, and if it's just the gliders or if the workouts come with them. Thanks for the link! On another note, I called all the stores I thought that might have squishy medicine balls, and nobody knew what the he!! I was talking about...there was ONE store I found that had something, but they only had 500 grams (about a pound) and 1 kg (about 2 pounds), but they are calling the makers to see if there are heavier ones available.

Too funny about your pre-ordering the new Cathe workouts. I'm sure the gumption will come back! Oh, and definitely let Eli tell you how much your heart is pumping! It's very inspiring!

Well.....it's near 2am now so I guess I should start winding down so that I'm all rested for tomorrow's Gym Style Back and whatever cardio I feel like that doesn't have any...um, distracting aspects.

Where the rest a you guys?!

Looking forward to hearing about your 5FF! :)

August, are you asking for "squishy" medicine balls? If you are, that may be why you're not finding them. Ask for "soft" medicine balls. Here's a couple of links that may help you know better what to ask for. Also, if you do a search on Amazon you will find tons of them. There are several companies that manufacture them,--GoFit, Danskin, Champion, Spri--just to name a few.

http://www.spriproducts.com/ItemGroup.aspx?ItemGroupID=183&CategoryID=41&ItemGroupTypeID=1

http://www.power-systems.com/nav/closeup.aspx?c=11&g=3036&Soft/Touch™/Med/Ball

Wow! The gliding Comapny has a store in Japan!! How fortuitous is that!? I've only seen the discs in a kit with Mindy's workout. Mine came with a DVD and a little booklet, and no, I haven't used the DVD yet--lol! I still have my receipt--the whole kit with DVD and 2 gliding discs was $19.00. The shipping was $12:eek: :eek: :eek: . I wonder if stores like Target or WalMart sell the discs seperately? Do you have Target or WalMart in Japan?

I hope you were able to fall asleep.

WTH is everyone!?

I forgot to mention that my kitty is much better today. I gave him fluids again yesterday--200 ml's under the skin--and it really helped. I've been adding pumpkin puree and water to his canned food, too, and he seems almost back to normal today, but still a little more quiet than usual. :)

ETA that I've been eating a lot of broccoli and cauliflower lately, too, along with sweet potatoes. I love that combo! I cut a sweet potato into large cubes, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper, then roast in a 450 degree oven. After about 15 minutes I add cauliflower and broccoli florets which have been seasoned the same way and roast another 15 minutes or so. It is soooooo good:9. I think I'll do that for dinner tonight!

Hi Ladies -

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately. DH left yesterday for Korea for a week. It will be the longest we have been apart for a long time.

In other news, I heard back about my ring finally, and Tiffany's is going to replace the diamond for free! I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I should get it back in a few days, hopefully the diamond is the same quality as the one I had.

Also, I finally found my black boots for the winter. As you may know, I have been searching high and low for the perfect pair. These just came out. Here is what I got
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/19212125/c/60.html

I also went to the mall yesterday and got some new work pumps (I lost my favorite pair on vacation and have no idea where the are - must have been left in the hotel room), a necklace, and a sweater. And last night I bought a winter coat online. With DH away, I fill my time with shopping. I am already over my monthly spending budget, so I better stop.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I just don't workout anymore.

Diane!! We've missed you! I'm so glad you came and posted today.

So, what is your DH doing in Korea? It's hard to be separated, I know. My DH has to travel a fair amount and I never get used to it. He left last Wednesday and won't be home until Friday evening:-( .

Wow--that's great news about your ring! I think it's only fair that they give you a diamond of similar quality. Will you take it for an appraisal?

It sounds like you hit the jackpot at the mall. I love the boots--they were a great choice--very classy looking.

I'm right with you on the whole working out thing. I haven't done a w/o in a long time but I'm planning to start 5FF today. I've had a lot going on between my inlaws, my poor sick kitty, and DH's trip. I've been feeling a little run down and have blown this entire day sitting in front of my computer. I probably better get going here. I hate working out too late. Take care, Diane, and visit often. It helps to vent and engage in some silliness.

Yay me!! I did my workout. I didn't start it until nearly 8PM but at least I did it. I did a 5 min w/u followed by supersets of chest dumbell flys and tap squats--3 sets of 15 reps. Then I did abd crunches and ended with 10 min of cardio on Eli. My goal is to follow the 5FF plan with an additional 3 days of HIIT with Cardio Coach. I know, it's not a lot of cardio but that's all I feel up to right now. Maybe I'll be a little more ambitious next week.

Okay, now I need to make dinner. I'll see y'all tomorrow:*

Oh, Michele! You're online now! I just saw that you wrote another response to my energy bar thread :) . Thanks. I'll look into a hard container.

And YAY you for doing your workout! It sounds like a really good one, too! Woo woo! I'm sure Eli is happy to have you back.

Have a yummy dinner and chat with you again soon!

:* kiss kiss

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.