Thankful CHINNERS

briee

Cathlete
Hi Chinsters. Just wishing you all a happy thanksgiving. Of course we all know who is having the best thanksgiving....laying on the beach, basking in the sun. Actually I basked in the sun today in tropical Wisconsin. Can't believe our wonderful weather. But alas....we are still jealous of Catherine:) :) .

I've had a LONG break and need to get back at it tomorrow!!

How was everyone's day??? Our kids came home all excited and said they are going to be on TV tomorrow as the local station was at the thanksgiving dinner they served at. (I had to stay home with the 2, 4 year old, but dh took all the rest). We rented an aerial lift and put up Christmas lights on our home late in the afternoon. Fun Fun fun.

Briee

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Briee! How exciting to be on TV!

I haven't worked out since I did Drill Max on Tuesday. I had done it the previous Sunday and might just do it again today for a total of 3 times this week with no other workouts in between.

We're decorating for Christmas today too, beginning with buying our tree this morning. I think we'll skip the aerial lift, though.:)

Briee!!! An aerial lift to put up Christmas lights??? So dang cool. Now I have something to aspire to.

Sooooooooooooosan, how'd that decorating go? Did you do any chins to put up lights?

We are going to begin pulling out the decorations tomorrow. Seriously, I've got to get in the spirit. *sings* have a holly, jolly Christmas. It's the best time of the year.

I will NOT be doing chins while decking the halls.

It is ridiculously late and I need sleep. BTW, had a fun experience furniture shopping with DH and the boys today...but we'll talk later.

Beautiful picture, Melody! Other than bringing in greenery from outdoors, which I do later in December, our house is mostly decorated. To tell you the truth, I'm not in the holiday spirit yet either. It's been about 60 degrees all weekend and, although I'm glad that the decorating part is out of the way, it's just too dang early!

Can't wait to hear about the shopping experience!:)

Hey beautiful gals :) I have been out of the loop for a while with the holidays...had my hubby home a lot more and it was really great. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.

We went to the gym after quite a few days off and man it was hard! I need to get back on track w/ workouts and eating. I'll be leaving to the gym in about an hour for spin and to finish my upper body split. Maybe, just maybe, a chin or 2 ;)

Have a great day!

p.s. Mel you're a hottie! woooo!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Hey Chinsters-

I'n not in the Holiday spirit yet either. No decorations up yet-maybe next weekend.

Had a great time down in Chicago with my family over the Thanksgiving weekend. The weather was so nice.

I haven't been able to work on my chins for almost a week because my left arm has been sore.

Melody-love your picture. You are so pretty.

Joanne

Melody...BEAUTIFUL PICTURE. I have no excuse now. dh got a really nice digital and ds knows how to do the computer. So now I'm just procrastinating with pictures!!!!

Had the aerial lift for an extra day...SOOOOO I decided the first lights were NOT what I wanted and switched. Dh now hates me (JK). Mel...you HAVE to rent one of these for that peak of yours. Our peak is WAY up, over 3 stories high when you count the hill that dips below the house - scary. But the real reason you must get one is for your kids (who by the way aren't SUPPOSE to be operating the thing). I just know that being like my kids...they would. Oldest DS has younger ones soaring at extreme heights and while going up several others hang from the bottom before dropping. I thought of you. The ER was on call, but alas no serious problems and all lights are hung.

I have a question for ya all....before posting pictures...is it SAFE to post pictures???? I mean...any stories about serial killers who stalk people after viewing pix...ANYTHING???? Just want to be safe! (this coming from a mom who allows the kids to go up in aerial liftsx( x( )

Briee

Briee-

My DH has a lift (he is in construction) and I never thought about using it for hanging lights. Good idea. I will have to pass this on to him (I'm too afraid to go up in it-in fact, I'm afraid to even go up a 6 foot ladder.) We haven't hung lights for the last several years (kids are all grown and I am taking a break) but maybe with this idea .....

I don't see any harm or safety issue in putting pictures on the internet. I worry more about a salesman coming to my door and pushing himself in when I open the door (which by the way I never open my door to a salesman).

What do the other chinsters think?

Joanne

I guess I err on the side of caution. I just think there are a lot of kooks out there in general. Not you guys, lol, but you know what I mean ;)

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Joanne....I'm jealous...imagine OWNING an aerial lift. This one was a Genie...I could do million things with it. That ranks right up there with owning a bull dozer. We have a back hoe that we couldn't live without!! (When you have several acres your focus in "what's important in life" changes from when you live in town :7 :7 ha ha). My dh installs/sells woodstoves/chimney's and we could REALLY use one of those nifty gadgets.

So Joanne...go to it. You could have the MOST lit up house on the block...:7 :7 .

I'm slowly getting in the Christmas spirit. I need a hefty dose of Christmas music!!!

Oh yes...I did all my favorite intervals this morning and will do shoulder/upperbody tonight. Have a great day chinners.

Briee

Forgot to add that I'm unsure of the whole safety of the picture thing. Debbie....you are safe in posting Boybert!!!! And he's soooooo cute. I'll ask dh what he thinks tonight.

Any other ideas on the picture safety thing will be appreciated. I'd love to post pics of all the kids as long as it's SAFE!! I just LOVE Melody's!!!

Briee

ONE MORE THING. (Sorry). Have you all checked out Melody's latest pictures on her site?

I'm looking at the cute picture of Melody with the boys on the tractor and I just want to know....do you enjoy looking like you are 18 years old Mel?????? Man...she looks like an older sister!!! She never left those cheerleading years behind. Okay...now I'm no longer posting pictures!!:p :p :p

Briee

Okay, about 25 chins for me today...no way not all in a row! I did sets of 4s and 3s :) Felt great! I also finished my heavy split of chest, tris, legs and did spinning class;

Debbie

--Ellen Degeneres

Just stopping by to say a quick hello! I've been sick this week, but unable to rest because the Y is having one of its larger fundraisers, The Festival of rhe Trees, this weekend. Lots to do to get ready and no rest for the wicked! I hate getting back into working out after having been sick because the workouts are doubly hard.x( Wish I were in Hawaii!:)

Hi Dahlings,

Sleepless in the woods here.

Briee, I have had no trouble since posting pics. I live in the guts of the wilderness and noone would ever find me if they tried. But if they found me and the boys were with me they would run away really fast screaming "HELP". Aerial lift, I'm still going to talk to DH about that one. The boys want lights all over the roof (which like yours is up there) and this is definitely the only way to go. ER will be on standby (good thinking, Briee).

Catherine, I want to hear all about Hawaii. Somehow I missed the suitcase packing.

Everyone...are any of you doing chins? I'm not, but I am lifting my arms over my head a lot while hanging garlands, etc. These boys just want let me stop with the decorating for Christmas.

BTW, I wish I felt like 18 instead of 81.

I think I'll try sleeping again. Good night all.

Catherine-Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Melody-You are so funny. I haven't been able to do attempted chins as my left arm hurts when I even try to hang there. Not sure what I did to it. It is in the tricep area.

Soooooooooosan-Hope you are feeling better. Have some tea and take a hot bath.

Off to do Butts and Gutts. I'm going to try one of the premixes.

Joanne

Hey guys!!!! Soosan, I hope your feeling better by now. It's always tough to get back at it after a sickness, but it will get better!!!

Melody, we're kind of in the boonies too, but still accessible. Most people don't want to deal with our 5 mastiffs roaming the land and the 1/2 mile muddy drive though - maybe I'll post those pictures :7 .

I did BM2 w/u, combo's 1,2 and then put in cardio fusion and did blasts from BM2 and DM. Then shoulders, biceps and chins, 30 total.

I'm goin down to do cardio and triceps, and MAYBE legs. Waves to all.

Oh...and Catherine...we want to hear all about it!!!!

Briee

Hello ladies!! Our trip was fabulous!! Funny, DH didn't want to go, but when I called him from the beach he said "I wish I'd come" :( So it was my mother, 2 sisters, brother and myself that went. 2 Brothers and 1 sister couldn't make the trip. I don't know where to start. Spent the first couple of days on the beach and learning the area. Thanksgiving day we went snorkling. Very cool!!! We saw lots of dolphins (while in the boat) and even saw a juvenile hump back whale!! It was early for a whale siting so we were lucky!!! Had dinner at our resort that night. Friday we rented a jeep and went for a ride. Lucky to be alive LOL-my brother's driving is reallllllly scary. But the veiw was breath taking. Friday evening was our luau. My sister and I hula'd on the stage. Thank goodness we were in the back row LOL!!!! Saturday morn we went on a submarine ride- it was OK but nothing great. In the afternoon we did a helicopter ride. That was the highlight of the trip. I can not describe how beautiful Maui is from above. I am even afraid of heights but loved every minute of it. Mom was like a kid in a candy store. She has never done or seen such things. Sunday was the road to Hana which is a rain forest in Maui. Several water falls and cliffs. The colors were spectacular!!! Oddly enough for a rain forest, no rain that day?? Pretty much every day was full. Of course being 5 hours time difference meant that we were waking up very early and felt the need to go to bed early. I am not much of a night life person anyway so I didn't mind going to bed early. I ate sooooooo much- can you say carb overload. I really need a workout. Although I gave myself today to rest and adust. Tomorrow is back to work, thank goodness for just one day!!!

Did I tell you all that the physician that I work with is taking us all to Chicago next weekend for Christmas? Shopping in Chicago!!!! We also are going to see the King Tut exhibit. That is going to be very cool!!!!

Looks like you ladies have been busy with holiday festivities. I can not believe it's almost Dec!!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Catherine-

Thanks for the recap on your trip. I hope to get there someday!

That is neat that you are going to Chicago. I just got back from there (I grew up in Des Plaines). I always love going back. We usually take the El to downtown but didn't have time this trip.

I'm going to try to do attempted chins today. My arm seems good to go. Yesterday, I did the premix on Butts & Gutts (the leg blast). I was so glad when it was time to stretch. My legs are really feeling it today. That is one that I will do often. I love it.

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.