TGIKettlebells!!! Friday

Good morning! :D:D:D

Nita, where do you get your TRX workouts - do you make them up?

Marcy, I am feeling inspired by your dancyness. Yesterday while dinner was cooking I watched Tracy Anderson's GOOP dance clip, the one from a looong, looong time ago. I did it listening to my mp3 players. It took me about 10 minutes to be able to get the moves down, but once I got them I went for it and "performed"... Now, I know exactly how ridiculous I looked because I am not graceful, don't look anything like a dancer and I am sure that I looked stiff, but it was pretty fun. :)

Be back later to report a workout! Have a great day!!! :D

Melissa

Good Morning!

Today is a variety day, so I did stretch max #3- with the band, then just for fun, added a plank for a full minute.... a nice easy day and the stretch felt good:)

waves to the gang!
bbl with personals:)

Deanie - I like the idea of a *variety* day, I had this sudden flash of all my dvd workouts on a spinning roulette...and where it lands is what I do.

Melissa - I use the TRX dvds from Fitness Anywhere for full workouts, with kettlebells (Lauren Brooks, AOS, etc.) I like doing deep stretching squats during the one minute rest periods.

Marcy - I am too clumsy to dance (there...I admitted it).

Waves to everyone else!

Today I am doing -

Lauren Brooks Ultimate in the morning
Insanity in the afternoon

Good Morning Everyone!

Tonight I'm doing a workout that my sister created (the one we were supposed to do on Tuesday). We are doing it inside since it's raining.

BBL.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Hi everyone!

I'm in an all day meeting today so I'll be quick. Last night I did:

Buy-in: TGU 2r/2l @ 12kg, 1r/1l @ 8kg - I had a weird twinge in my left deltoid while doing these.

Squats: 108# for 3x5
Press: 50# for 3x5 - Didn't increase, but these felt much better
Power cleans: 73# for 5x3

Deanie - I'm glad your boys are enjoying all that snow! :)

Waves hello to everyone!!

Have a great Friday!

Hey cyber friends!

This morning, while waiting for the bus for DH to come, I did Tracy's dance thingy again, trying to not look like a dork. Here is the youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvDsfvtddVA
My variety day was very low key and made whoever was looking laugh. :D

Gayle, ick, all day meeting!

Jane, can't wait to hear about your sister's workout. How are you doing?

Nita, believe me: I am too clumsy to dance, too!

Deanie, You said that you read The Percy Jackson series with DDs right? Well, DS and I just got back from the theater. If we hadn't have read the books the movie would have rocked! But because we read it we didn't like it so much. We were both very disappointed because some key elements were left out and most details were really changed. I was a little disappointed that they made one of the main characters seriously girl crazy (actually, I guess you could say "lusty") and put him in situations where "it" was insinuated a lot. And for some reason they turned a key part of the story where Percy builds trust with Chiron into an encouragement for rebellion and not taking the advice of adults who are trying to help them. Just what the targeted age group of this series needs for a healthy respect for women, adults and overall developement and maturity. :rolleyes: Why do they do that??? If you pretend that you didn't read the books, it was really fun, and Medusa was awesome - played by Uma Thurman, who absolutely rocked. Joe Pants (Pantoliano) played Gabe, and I wish there was more of him because I really like Mr. Pants. I also like his name. :p

Gotta run, things to do people to annoy.... like our neighbors. Not only are their cars still in the street, but their trashcan is still in the middle of the southside of the lane. Trash pick up was Wednesday at 6:30. I told Dan that I would pay him $50 in "fun money" ;) if he backed into it when he went to pick up DD's friend. :cool:

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.