!!! TGIF !!! KETTLEBELLS !!! TGIF !!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Gayle:: great job with the squats yesterday! jealous of your 193# deadlifts though! ;)

Jane:: (((Hugs))) sorry to hear about your dad.....

Marcy:: Dance Body Tone sounds like it was made for you!!

Melissa:: Hope you had a nice day yesterday

waves to Rhonda!! I hope all is going well with you.

Here's todays TGU workout. It was pretty good.... I think I have TGU's down, so I think next week I am going to play with them...maybe drop the weight and go for 20 min...sounds like fun:)

http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Have a great Friday!!!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Deanie - Great work on the TGUs and snatches! When you get a good time to do your DL 1RM, I'll bet you surpass 195lb...easy. :cool:

Marcy - Your workout yesterday sounds like a lot of fun! Deadlifts definitely make my glutes and hamstrings sore.

Jane - Sending more {{{hugs}}}.

Waves hello to Melissa and Rhonda.

I'm skiing this afternoon, so I may push my next lifting session (squat, press, power clean) to tomorrow.

Have a good day!

HELLO LADIES! :]

Yeah, it's Friday!!! We are finished with school early - it took us only 2 hours to get EVERYTHING done today, and it was done right! I heart efficiency soooooo much! Yesterday I didn't get a workout in because we had gone indoor rock climbing - totally awesome! - and didn't get home until late, too late to work out because I had to get dinner going. And then I ate way too much. Not eating sugar has put me in a major calorie deficit, at least compared to what I would normally would eat with pies and cake and cookies. I am having a hard time adjusting. I then ate some Cookie Crisps (the cereal) without even thinking as I was making my own breakfast this morning. So the no-sugar streak has ended, but at least it included vitamins and minerals! :p

I can't remember who asked: Marcy, maybe? but I did NOT use any weights with the pistols! Maybe next month, lol.

Gayle, I love pistols. I am doing them again today :D Have fun skiing!

Deanie, you really should go for it. Would you ever want to help others with KBs? You have helped me a lot, and I think you would be a great coach/trainer.

Jane, I am sorry about your dad. :[
Thanks for the vacation recommendations! The kids really want to go back to FL, but I think that we are going to take them to the mountains instead this time so they can get a taste of something new. We were thinking someplace in northern GA or the Smoky Mountains. I also looked at the Black Hills in South Dakota (I am part Lakota Sioux, so I am really interested in that area!!!) but I think I will get vetoed so I am seriously looking at the mountains. I am actually checking out some house rentals in St. George because DH thinks that maybe a vacation split in the mountains and at the ocean would be neat and St. George is a lot closer than Anna Maria, where we went last year. All we would do is lounge at the beach, so it's perfect!

Marcy, I haven't had DOMS like that in ages, and
I can't dl much either!!!

I am going to get swinging here in a few. I am just waiting for lunch to settle a bit more.

Have a great weekend!!!

Melissa

Today was an AWESOME workout!!! :D:D:D

Warm up:
10 wall squats
10 halos
6 pumps
15 swings (25#)
x4

I did 14 minutes of 30/30 because it felt so good! Ask me how many times I needed to drop down to 25# because of my forearms... NEVER! They still burned, but I pushed through. I did 11 rounds with 35# and 3 with 44#. :D I then did the Up Pyramid with the 10# vest (pull ups: 1,2,3,2,1; push ups 5,10,15,10,5) and then did the tip of the pyramid (3,15) without the vest. I practiced pistols afterwards, focusing on balance. I did 3x3 on each leg.

Have a great weekend all!

Melissa

Good Afternoon!

Still sore this morning and didn't feel like doing much so I did Sadie's Relax and Restore practice from the Transformation DVD (1 hr.) Her opening sequence is the same as on the other two practices I did. Also, the backbending sequence and last hip opener, supine twist sequence was the same. The rest was different. She did Janu Sirsasana (head beyond the knee) and some really good hip opener poses including one with a seated twist and the leg behind the head (don't know the name).

I can't believe I'm doing it but I'm finally trading off some of my Cathe's which I never do anymore (Power Hour+, Cardio Hits) and are just collecting dust on the shelf. I never thought I'd get rid of any but rather than waste more money buying, I'm going to see what I can get.

Tomorrow I'm going to a 4-hour Exhibition/Styling/Body Lines workshop.

Melissa - Indoor rock climbing sounds great! My brother is a rock climber and has actually written a couple of books on the subject. I've never gone but they do have an indoor place in Atlanta. You really did have a great workout today! It was me who asked if you did weights with pistol squats. I might give them a try next week.

Jane - Sorry to hear about your Dad. (((((((HUGS)))))))!

Deanie - 20 mins. sounds good to try for. When I last left TGUs, I was up to 9 each side with 25#. I think that was for the 5-min. round in Santa Monica. Melissa's right - you should look into being a coach or trainer.

Gayle - So what movie are you seeing this weekend?

Waves to Rhonda!

Marcy

HI again!

Gayle::: Have fun skiing!!....and I hope you found a good movie to watch!

Melissa::: Today was an awesome workout!! WTG!!

Marcy::: Enjoy your workshop this weekend!! I hope you get something good for your Cathe dvds. Power Hour was my first full body workout by Cathe, and it has a special place in my heart!

waves to Jane and Rhonda!!!

Have a great weekend gals!!

Hi All,

No workout for me today. I was at my parent's all day today. Dad and I took naps in the afternoon but I was still tired and had to color my hair tonight.

Melissa ~ I've been to South Dakota twice and LOVED it. At one point my sister and I wanted to move to Rapid City. It's a very beautiful place.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.