TGI Kettlebells!i!i! Friday 1.16

Hi again

Workout complete:D I did Providence today.

for rounds 1-5 I used my 30# kettlebell
for the rest I used my 25# (and that includes the seated press where last week I used my 20#kb!!!!!) I didn't follow Anthony, went at my own pace, but I made it thru the ladder and I'm happy:D
before the 3 min. snatch test I rested for 3 minutes and then.....

FINISHED THE ENTIRE SNATCH TEST!! all 3 minutes!!!!:D:):D:) Of course I did not follow Anthony and totally went at my own pace but that was my goal today, to finish. It ended up being 6 sets of 5 snatches on each side for me.

I am starting ETK on Feb. 2. Has anyone done this? It's first 4 weeks are 2 days of swings (with active rests between) for 12 min. and 2 days of TGU's alternating singles for 5 min. I am wondering if I should/could just tack the TGU's on to my existing workouts (ES, Manmaker, Providence) and the swings onto my HIIT days? Does anyone know if that is okay to do?

Have a great day gals......Happy Friday!

Good morning Deanie, sounds like another great workout. I want to keep up with a higher weight, I think my whole problem is I try to keep up with Anthony instead of keeping my own pace. This mornings workout is Newport, I think ig I hurry to the basement I can get it finished before my grandson wakes up! Enjoy the day!

Hello to all that follow!

Morning, Kettlebellers!!

Deanie - I am very interested in Enter the Kettlebell. Please let us know what you think! As soon as STS ships, I will start that. I hope I can still get in some kettlebell training while doing STS!!

I love Providence! And congrats on moving up from your 20# to your 25#!! My heaviest kettlebell is 25# but I could use a heavier kettlebell for certain moves, such as deadlifts. Where do you buy your heavier kettlebells? Thanks!

Andilynn - have fun doing Newport! That is my love/hate workout! I love it because it's so much fun, hate it because it really points out my weaknesses!! But that's good, I guess.

Today is my rest day. Last night my car wouldn't start (subzero temperatures) so I got home a lot later than planned, but I still got in Push/Pull Total Body 2x's. I skipped abs but will do some tonight or I'll do two ab workouts tomorrow. Kettlebells have helped my core strength, but I need all the help I can get in that area!!

Happy Friday!!

Good morning everyone!

Deanie - Good job on the snatch challenge! I've heard good things about ETK on other forums, but haven't done it myself.

Andilynn - Have fun with Newport. ITA with Pascal's love/hate assessment of it. :)

Pascal - Keep warm! We were at -17 this morning, but have skyrocketed to a balmy 3 degrees. :p

We have some home improvement stuff going on at my house this week, so I only got a few swings in. I have to set up a temporary kitchen tonight, so we can blow a hole in the old kitchen tomorrow. :eek:

Waves hello to the other kettlebeller's out there.

Good Morning Everyone!

I did Firepower this morning (1 alarm, long rests - although the rests really weren't very long at all (less than 1 min.))

Round 1: Did all the Turkish getups (4) - 30 secs. each side
Round 2: Did all of the alternating clean and press and double static rows. (1 min. of each)
Round 3: Super burpee, figure 8 to a hold and super plank (spider pushup and regular pushup) (I'm getting rug burn on my elbows from these). Each exercise is 1 min.
Round 4: Alternating double clean and press (1 min. - this one was really tough for me - I stopped twice and couldn't finish). Suitcase deadlift - do one, turn around halfway and pick it up again. I did these with 20# and I could have easily done 25#, if not 30#.
Alternating chest press - kept up with Anthony.
Russian Twists with pullovers - 1 min. Anthony does the Russian twist with a hot potato.
Round 5: Hi-pull to a snatch - did all.
Seasaw press - got through them all but did get tough toward the end.
Figure 8 to a hold with tactical lunge - did all
Renegade Rows - toughest exercise of the workout for me. Had trouble balancing on the KBs - didn't finish.
Triple Crush (he does a squat during the curl) - was able to get deeper in my squats.
5 minute snatch test - personal best - went 2 mins. and did 3 sets of 5 on each side.

I liked Firepower. I found it to be harder than Providence and Empire State and easier than Newport (I find the strength ones easier than the endurance ones.) Actually, it wasn't too bad with the exception of the Alternate Double Cleans, Seesaw Rows and Renegade Rows. I took extra rests in places so what should have taken me 30 mins. took me 50 mins. I should be getting my 25# KB in a couple of days and will start doing Providence with 25#.

Also did part of Cathe's BC cardio premix - DH stopped me during terminator climbers - said I was making too much noise. Skipped a few exercises and then finished up with the icebreakers.

I am also thinking of doing the Pullup Challenge http://twentypullups.com/. Pretty much like the pushup challenge from a couple of months ago. I am going to do ETK with Deanie. The second month of ETK has pullups so I though it would be a good idea to get us ready for it. Anyone interested?

Andilynn - Good luck getting through Newport!

Deanie - Great workout! I don't know if it's okay, but your suggestion of tacking on the TGUs and swings to your existing workouts sounds good to me. Just doing TGUs and swings doesn't sound like it would be enough for me.

Pascal - I just ordered a 25# GoFit KB from Sports Authority - it was $47.99 plus $10.66 for shipping and $3.52 for tax. Shipping from Amazon and Target was over $20.00.

Waves to all who follow! Have a great day!

Marcy

Good morning Deanie, sounds like another great workout. I want to keep up with a higher weight, I think my whole problem is I try to keep up with Anthony instead of keeping my own pace. This mornings workout is Newport, I think ig I hurry to the basement I can get it finished before my grandson wakes up! Enjoy the day!

Hello to all that follow!

I,m so happy, I actually did the whole 5 minutes of the bonus round(although I used a 15# kettlebell) so that's probably why I didn't wear out. My goal is to do all of the punch matrix and plank ,without any little breaks ! I'm such a wimp with those!

Marcy , great job on Firepower, thats on my to get list along with Santa Monica and ropes(come on tax refund!)

Pascal, enjoy your rest day!

Gayle, I agree don't kettlebells really help with core, I really noticed a difference and it seems as though I'm doing less ab work!

Stay warm everyone.....

I figured I'd pop in over here to say Hello and I've not dropped off the face of the earth.

I've been dealt with a double whammy of germies invading my body which had me down for the count and feeling really ill. I finally went to see my doctor this morning and now on antibiotics. I'm hoping once they work I'll be up to 'play' with you all once again. I haven't worked out since Wednesday and I miss it.

Deanie as far as ETK I plan on tacking to 1st few workouts along my 'regular' ones until my body says "slow down."

Big Hellos to my fellow kettlebellers Andilynn, Pascal, Gayle, & Marcy.

Take Care :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.