!!!!TGI KETTLEBELLS !!!! FRIDAY !!!!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Today my alarm went off, I was tired and reset it for 45 min. later (still time to workout if I don't eat first...) and then forgot to set the buzzer to go off!!!:eek: Luckily I woke up in time to get my oldest up for school!! LOL!!! Needless to say, no workout this morning! I only work till noon today though and will do a quickie workout this afternoon before my inlaws come! They are here for the weekend since they live in Jersey and we are in Maryland.

I am considering "Those burpees suck" or another round of: 1 min/ 1 swing, 2min/2 swings and trying to get to 25 swings. Not sure..... of course I am not good at working out after work, so who knows!!:confused:

Jane::: Thanks for the info on double unders. I think I will practice those with my regular jumprope (not the rope ones). Good luck tonight runnning and GOOD LUCK tomorrow on your runs!!!:D:):D

Andilynn::: good job on getting better with the pullups. Glad you are enjoying STS.

Gayle::: Hope you are enjoying your rest week. I can't take credit for the figure 8 to a hold tabatas, Anthony mentioned doing that on a MOS.:eek: Have a nice weekend getting the beds ready for rasberries and strawberries! yum!!

Marcy::: great work on ETK!! is today your last day or tomorrow? I want a full update on your thoughts and all!!;)

waves to Rhonda

Have a Fantastic Friday!!!

Where is everyone today????

worked out after work. posted from my blog:
got pull-up?

Posted 05-01-2009 at 01:25 PM by deanie
todays workout was from crossfit 603:

Buy-in

• Jump rope, 3:00 used white jumprope
  • KB deadlifts, 3×10 (subbed 100 pushups)
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]603 WOD
5 rounds, for time

• 5 pull-ups - all assisted
  • 10 box jump-overs (20″) did box jumps at 20"
  • 15 KB swings (24K/16K) - 45#

Did my own Cash out:
25 KTE's

***comments
*WOWZA!!!

*time:
7:19
*for pushups started with 18 on my own, then followed Cathe from GS chest and tri for the rest, rewinding and doing 10 twice. total=100
*the last set of pull ups I probably took to long to get started on, and I think that messed up my time:mad:
*didn't realize box jump overs were different than box jumps so I did box jumps at 20"
*took me 5 full minutes to get my resting breath back after the WOD!:eek:
*broke up the kte's into sets of 5 , was able to almost touch my knees to elbows:p
working on mostly using my hips/abs to bring the knees up.

Good Afternoon!

I did a mostly interval premix (along with a couple of combos) from Amy's Kickbox Surge which was good. It had some jumproping (without the rope) with tuck jumps and burpees. I can't remember what else. Her combos don't totally flow for me yet but I'm sure they will once I get more familiar with it. I really like her interval premixes from her workouts.

Deanie - I hope to get in the last day of ETK over the weekend. I feel like I'm getting kind of burned out with it so I'm glad it's over but I'm glad I did it. More comments to come next week.

I have to get familiar with all the new vocabulary from your workouts but they sound like torture.:eek: The KTEs should help you with your pullups. Have you been doing any negatives?

Waves to all!

Marcy

Hi Ladies!

Marcy - Sounds like a good workout! How long do those premixes generally run? How's Max doing ? :)

Deanie - Cool WOD! That's the first time I've seen box jump-overs...I thought box jumps were bad enough! Have you devised a plan for next week?

Jane - I hope you and your sister are fueling up for your races this weekend. Good luck!

Waves hello to Rhonda and Andilynn. :)

I'm enjoying my week off. I really think I needed it since my off-days haven't really been "off-days" due to all the yard work. I did get a new pair of sneakers that I want to try out next week for kettlebell and lifting. They're Adidas Sambas (I've Melissa Byers mention them on the CF 603 site):

51jZNervGwL._SL160_.jpg

I think I've seen Anthony Deluglio wear something similar as well. They have a pretty flat, stiff sole, but just a little bit of arch support. We'll see how it goes. Mine are white.

Have a great day everyone!

Gayle - Max is doing well. He loves his walks. DH has been taking him about 5x a day (which I'm glad because DH is mostly a couch potato so it's good for them both!) He wasn't eating too much when we got him on Monday but his appetite and thirst seem to be coming back. He's a very lively and agile dog with boundless amounts of energy. He looks very much like Sam except for the color and he's a bit smaller (only about 5 pounds). We love him!

The premixes on Amy's Kickbox Surge workout are anywhere from 32 to 56 minutes (there are 5). I did the 33 minute one.

I hope you like your new sneakers. Did you get everything planted?

Jane - Good luck on your races tomorrow!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

Checking in late today. I was at my parent's house all day today, then came home and got ready for the race. It was HOT today, about 85 degrees at race time. I love this race. It's small and the course is flat. I did my best 5K time this year but not my PR. I believe I took 3rd in my age group but wasn't able to stick around for the awards ceremony. Hopefully I'll be able to get my trophy at a later date.

I have another 5K tomorrow morning at 7:30am. At least it will be cooler!!

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been busy with school, work, and DH. I have done Providence and Low Max. Did stretches today.

My school district is closed next week because of the swine flu scare. We have had some confirmed cases in one of the elementary schools. Our anniversary is next week so we will be traveling somewhere ( DH works for the airlines so we fly standby).

I will check in this weekend and will probably be gone after Tuesday.

Looks like everyone is having good workouts.

Jane- Good luck tomorrow.

Marcy- Glad the pup is inspiring DH to get off the couch.

Deanie- 100 pushups and all that other stuff? Awesome!

Gayle- I want a pair of those. I workout in Vibram Five Fingers and I LOVE them. I even do step in them. Hope your garden grows well for you.

waves to Andilynn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.