**warm up
25#kb
5 TGU each side

**swings
45#kb
20 swings/ 1 minute active rest
12 minutes
8 cycles
active rests as follows: jog, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, triple crush, lateral skates, jog, figure 8 to a hold, jump rope (triple crush and figure 8 with the 20#kb)

**jumprope
used new rope - white, not manila (2-3 pounds)
1 minute on/1 minute rest

**comments
*swings:
wanted to do 20 minutes, ended up doing 12, so I could still jump rope and not over do today.
good form, good workout, feeling good about swinging the 45
smile.gif

*jumprope:
next time do: 1 minute work/ 30 seconds rest
length worked well
smile.gif

Gayle::: How was the gym? Were you deadlifting?

Marcy::: Great job with Imax 3! You know that's my favorite!! Good luck today with your heavy day. Can you believe we are almost done ETK???? I am thinking when this is done to just rotate the dvds I have from AOS for a few weeks. I go on vacation at the end of June, and then when I get back I want to do resolution (I bought it and it looks kick a$$;)) and SIM. What are you going to do when you are done? (I know you mentioned it, but I forgot!:eek:)

Jane
::: How was your backyard workout?

Rhonda
::: You are brave! I don't think I could go 18 hours with no food!!:eek: I'm so conditioned to eat every three hours!.. and yes, I think watching paint dry would have been more fun than the treadmill yesterday!;) Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

waves to Andilynn!!

Good morning!

Deanie - Great work with the swings! I'm glad the length of your jump rope worked out. How is it to work with a rope like that? Is it giving you an upper body/shoulder burn? I've only used standard jump ropes.

Rhonda - I also share your opinion on steady state treadmill running. ;)

Last night I did overhead squats and hang cleans at the gym. The squats went great, but the hang cleans were a freakin' mess. I could see all the rookie mistakes I was making, but couldn't figure out how to fix 'em. I seriously think I need some coaching time for some of these lifts.

Tonight I'm planning to do today's WOD from New Jersey Crossfit:

At your own pace, do 10 rounds of 10 reps of each movement.
Focus on technique, and use a heavy bell!
  1. Kettlebell swings
  2. 1 kettlebell racked squat
  3. Push ups, hindu or divebomber push ups
  4. Pull ups, ring rows or 1 arm rows 5/5
  5. Hanging knee raises, or knees to chest
Waves hello to Marcy, Jane and Andilynn! :)

Gayle~ I know what you mean about "rookie" mistakes! Its so frustrating to know you're doing the exercise wrong and not be able to fix it!! I like your workout today, I copied it for future use!...the added weight of the rope made the jumping more intense more of a cardio workout - more than usual. It may help upper arm definition, but it wasn't that hard to do. The manila rope was harder and really I felt it in my bicep/tri/shoulders (tried it the other day for a min. or so). I wasn't sure I was up to the manila rope after the swings:eek: I made the right decision today; I was drenched when I was done!

Good Afternoon!

I was still sore in my back and neck today so I skipped my heavy day. I knew I wasn't going to get through 5 ladders/5 rungs of C&Ps and chins/pulls.

I did Tracy Anderson's Post-Pregnancy Workout instead (good for whether you've had a baby or not - and no, I haven't - my babymaking days are over!) I really enjoyed it and got a good core/leg workout. This has mostly core work - a good amount of plank work and leg lifts. The leg workout was quite challenging too. I was really feeling it in my glutes.

I'm going to try and fit in my heavy day tomorrow.

Deanie - I'm really looking forward to being done with ETK. Not that I haven't enjoyed it, but I'm ready to move on. I really feel I made great strength and endurance gains but I need to do a rotation with lots more cardio and this isn't it. I'll be doing a barre/cardio/yoga rotation and I might throw in some KB work here and there. It will feel good to do a full KB DVD again (although after Newport the last couple of weeks, I wonder if I'll make it through the whole thing!)

I'm glad to hear your new jumprope worked well. Great job on the swings!

Gayle - I like your workout for today too. I'm sure a session or two with a coach would help. You certainly don't want to injure yourself, especially when working with heavy weights.

Rhonda - I'm like Deanie - an eat every 3 hours person. I also can't imagine going 18 hours without food. I hope the IF works for you if you can stand it.

Waves hello to Andilynn and Jane!

Have a great day!

Marcy

No School Today

I am so happy to have a day offf :).

I did all of Providence (even those *#!*!%@ windmills and overhead squats) plus an extra round of 1. I finally figured out how to do windmills and I did them with this random dumbell that I bought a long time ago. It looks like the letter "D". The key for me was not going too heavy.

I was able to do this after fasting for 16 hours. I didn't notice any decrease in strength or form. I am stretching my window out a little further so I can have a glass of wine later on.

This is really making me aware of how much mindless eating I do.

Deanie- Great workout this morning. One day I am gonna get a big girl KB and swing like you.

Gayle- I know what you mean about rookie mistakes, but when it finally clicks- you feel such a sense of accomplishment. Enjoy your workout tomorrow.

Marcy- I used to be a 3 hour person also. The running joke in my house is that I would NEVER be on an episode of Survivor. Matter of fact, I used to get plain crazy and cranky when it was time to eat. Glad you had a good way-way-way past post preg work out.

Hi Andilynn and Jane.

I was able to do this after fasting for 16 hours. I didn't notice any decrease in strength or form. I am stretching my window out a little further so I can have a glass of wine later on.

Hi Rhonda - One thing that made IF easy for me is keeping that eating window open later...like until 8 or 9pm. There are times when I'm truly hungry before bed, and if I ignore it, it keeps me awake. Usually it can be tackled by something small, like some PB or milk or something like that...or a nice glass of wine. ;) Watching DH imbibe while I couldn't would feel like too much of a sacrifice.

Enjoy your day off!

Wow, it's a stormy day in Indiana today, hope all the tornadoes stay south of us! I f I don't get blown away(and the power stays on) I'm going to do some STS legs today! I've been lax about checking in this week but this will be the last day of the second week of STS. I can really see a lot of definition in my arms and I can't help but believe that the kettlebells every other week are really shaking things up! My triceps especially have gotten much stronger and that's from the kettlebells I'm sure!

Rhonda - 18m hours with no food? I should really think about trying the fasting thing, I've heard alot of postive comments from people who try it and I think it would help me with my sometimes "mindless" eating, speaking of which I better put up all the Easter candy I just got for the kids!

Waves to Deanie, Gayle ,Marcy,Jane and anyone else who stops by! :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm busy today but wanted to check in.

I have a rest day planned for today as I have a race tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.