--->TGI--->Kettlebells--->Friday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was a variety day again. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do today and I got a late start, so I ended up doing:
warm up:
5 min. of TGU's - 6 each side
workout:
swings:
18 minutes with my 45#kb.
20 swings and 1 minute of active rests.
active rests: jogging X3, triple crush, figure 8, mountain climbers X2, pushups, jumping jacks X2 and jump rope.
20#kb for triple crush and figure 8
11 cycles
* I had set my gymboss for 20 minutes, but I couldn't go anymore and stopped at 18 minutes.

Have a great Friday everyone!

TGIF Everyone!

I am very happy today because the rain is gone and the SUN is out!! :D

I was starting to plan workouts that I could do in my water filled yard...hmmm...swim out to the pull ups bars, do 10 pull ups, swim back, etc. :eek:

Tonight I am planning to go to the track to do the following drill. I will try to attempt to run this pattern twice but I don't know if I'll make it. I did this workout before and could only do it once. So we'll see. If the track is unavailable then it will be a 4 mile run.

Run 200m
20 swings
1x up bleachers
Run 400m
40 Jump Squats
2x up bleachers
Run 600m
60 step ups
3x up bleachers
Run 800m
80 push ups
4x up bleachers

Deanie ~ great workout this morning.

Waves hello to everyone else.

Have a great Friday!!

Good morning,

Last night I did a deadlifts with 5x5 at 175, and then 3x3 at 185. I think I may have to tweak the set/rep scheme for this.

I'm gonna play with the kettlebells tonight, but I'm not sure what I'll do.

Deanie - Those are some heavy swings! That's a lot of work in 18 minutes. I think I'm gonna also try posting my workouts in the blog. I was looking at yours and it's a great way to track progress from day to day.

Jane - Glad you're getting some sunshine. That looks like a killer drill you have planned (I think I dry-heaved a little just reading it). :p

Waves hello to Farmer, Andilynn, and Marcy.

Have a great Friday everyone! :)

Jane - Glad you're getting some sunshine. That looks like a killer drill you have planned (I think I dry-heaved a little just reading it). :p

Have a great Friday everyone! :)

The last time I did this I almost puked. I'm trying to build up my endurance for running. This drill is definitely a killer and while it hurts doing it, you feel so good when it's over!!

Have fun with your kettlebells tonight!!

Good morning everyone! Today I did rounds 1 and 2 of Providence four times. I will get more work done this afternoon. I am trying to build up my endurance so that I can just do swings on one day and cleans and presses, snatches, and squats the other days.

Tomorrow is the day I get to eat dessert. I swore of sweets for two weeks. I am not even excited about it. I have to do it because it is part of a mystery shop. I am already trying to pre plan what I am going to eat tomorrow so I don't overeat.

Deanie- You can swing a 45? You go girl. I was happy to build up to the 26. I want to try the workout you did today when I get stronger.

Jane- That seems like a killer workout. For some reason, when I look at your workouts, I picture you as Jane of the jungle, comandeering trees and highly chisled.

Gayle- Here are the links to the hundred pushup challenge and the article on burpees. My friend likes to walk but I am trying to get her to kick it up a notch. Walking isn't doing it for me anymore.

http://hundredpushups.com/

http://www.geocities.com/rutgerseskrima/art_prison.html

Hi Marcy and Andilynn!

Last edited:
Jane- That seems like a killer workout. For some reason, when I look at your workouts, I picture you as Jane of the jungle, comandeering trees and highly chisled.
quote]

Farmer ~ LOL!! I not highly chiseled unfortunately but I have commandeered some trees before! :p I just like really intense and killer workouts. Weird, I know.

Thanks for posting the article on burpees. I considered doing a 100 day burpee challenge, where you basically add 1 burpee a day until you get to 100. I decided to forgo that challenge. I couldn't imagine doing 50 burpees let alone 100.

Interesting challenge regarding the mystery shop. Are you rating the food, the service or both? If it was me, I'd order something I really didn't care for so I wouldn't eat the whole thing and then want more.

quote]

Farmer ~ LOL!! I not highly chiseled unfortunately but I have commandeered some trees before! :p I just like really intense and killer workouts. Weird, I know.

Thanks for posting the article on burpees. I considered doing a 100 day burpee challenge, where you basically add 1 burpee a day until you get to 100. I decided to forgo that challenge. I couldn't imagine doing 50 burpees let alone 100.

Interesting challenge regarding the mystery shop. Are you rating the food, the service or both? If it was me, I'd order something I really didn't care for so I wouldn't eat the whole
thing and then want more.

You are welcome.

I scheduled the shop before I became serious about working out. DH is going with me but I still have to order an entree, split an appetizer, have a glass of wine and split a dessert. It is a high end shop. I will enjoy myself but I won't overindulge. I have to rate the food and the service.

Good Afternoon!

Today was my first time doing 5 ladders and 5 rungs. I felt my form is much better in my C&Ps now and 25# is almost getting easy. I substituted all chins today instead of pullups.

Ladder 1: 1; 2; 3; 2 and 2@3/4-1; 2 and 3/4-1, 3/4 and 1/2
Ladder 2: 1; 2; 2&3/4-1; 2 and 3/4-1 and 3/4; 2 and 3/4-1, 3/4 and 1/2
Ladder 3: 1; 2; 1&3/4-1 and 3/4; 1 and 3/4 and 2@3/4; and 1, 3/4-1, 3/4 and 2@1/2
Ladder 4: 3/4-1; 1&3/4-1; 1 and 2@3/4-1; 1 and 3/4-1 and 3/4 and 1/2; and 1, 3/4-1, 3/4 and 2@1/2
Ladder 5: 1; 1&3/4-1; 1 and 3/4-1 and 3/4; 1, 3/4-1, 3/4 and 1/2; and 1, 3/4-1, 3/4 and 2@1/2.

Then I did 3 minutes of 25 reps/rest for 5 seconds. Did a total of 4 cycles.

Deanie - Did you do the TGUs with 45#? Did you decide on what you're getting for your birthday? In case I don't check in this weekend, have a VERY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:p

Jane - That looks like one tough workout. Once is bad enough. Twice is unbelieveable! Good luck!

Gayle - Great job on the deadlifts!

Farmer - Maybe you can order everything, but only eat half? Enjoy yourself! Good work on Providence! I had a really tough time with endurance and swings but ETK has definitely helped me. I never thought I'd be able to do 100 swings in 3 minutes.

Waves hi to Andilynn!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Marcy

Hi again

Marcy:::NO!! :eek:I did the TGU with the 25#kb, since it was just a warmup:eek:!! Great workout today! Thanks for the birthday wish, still undecided....basically because I can't use whatever I buy for another 4 weeks. I am going to take a recovery week after ETK....leaning toward the diva and resolution workouts from AOS ( they are on sale thru the weekend)

Jane::: I likey the workout, but no way do I want to do it!!LOL Good luck and I hope you get thru it!

Gayle::: You go girl!!:cool: great job with the heavy deadlifts! that's why I started a blog, easy to keep track of the workouts! I love doing it!

Farmer::: your shop thing sounds interesting. You should look into ETK. it is a 12 week program focusing on what you want to focus on....the fundamentals of kettlebells: swings, c&P, snatches and TGUs

Deanie- Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day and many, many more. Thanks for the tip about ETK.

Marcy- Great workout! When you say 100 swings in 3 minutes, do you mean 2 handed, hand to hand or what?

What kind of results are you seeing from ETK. I really want to lose 10-15. Is it more of a strength workout?

The trainer advised me to swing on 3 days and clean, press, snatch and squat the other two days. I can't remember if I already said this. I am easily bored so that is why I was doing a combo workout and Cathe cardio the other days. I will do this until June and see what results I get.

Farmer - Thanks! This morning I only did 2-handed swings but this week I had started to alternate between hand-to-hand, single arm swings and 2-handed swings. As I said before, I think you should look into ETK. In the beginning (first 4 weeks) it's just cleans and TGUs with active rests. I inserted my own cardio and some other strength or barre type workouts and some yoga to round out the rotation. The next 8 weeks is the Rite of Passage which is where you do clean, press, pullups, snatch on one day and clean, press, pullups, swings on the other and he starts to insert Providence in the first few weeks and then Newport later on. The program really allows you to work on your form while gaining endurance and strength.

I haven't lost any weight doing ETK. I think of it as more of a strength program. I don't have a lot of time to workout so I haven't done as much cardio as I would have liked (I also haven't been eating as well as I should). I have gained strength and endurance though. I think once I get back to doing the full DVDs, I'll do better. After looking through my workout logs, I see my weight was lower back in February when when I was just doing the swings and TGUs with the rest of my rotation. The Rite of Passage is more strength oriented and I've been doing less cardio, so my weight has been 1-2 pounds more.

Marcy

Farmer - Thanks! This morning I only did 2-handed swings but this week I had started to alternate between hand-to-hand, single arm swings and 2-handed swings. As I said before, I think you should look into ETK. In the beginning (first 4 weeks) it's just cleans and TGUs with active rests. I inserted my own cardio and some other strength or barre type workouts and some yoga to round out the rotation. The next 8 weeks is the Rite of Passage which is where you do clean, press, pullups, snatch on one day and clean, press, pullups, swings on the other and he starts to insert Providence in the first few weeks and then Newport later on. The program really allows you to work on your form while gaining endurance and strength.

I haven't lost any weight doing ETK. I think of it as more of a strength program. I don't have a lot of time to workout so I haven't done as much cardio as I would have liked (I also haven't been eating as well as I should). I have gained strength and endurance though. I think once I get back to doing the full DVDs, I'll do better. After looking through my workout logs, I see my weight was lower back in February when when I was just doing the swings and TGUs with the rest of my rotation. The Rite of Passage is more strength oriented and I've been doing less cardio, so my weight has been 1-2 pounds more.

Marcy

Thanks. This sounds like something to look into once I get where I want to be size wise.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.