--->TGI--->Kettlebells--->Friday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

I used Jane's suggestion this morning and did a circuit type workout with the rope, box jumps and jump rope. Thanks Jane!!:):)
...posted last night, don't know how I missed your suggestions earlier in the day:eek:

**warm up
5 min. on the elliptical

**workout
5 rounds
40 seconds work/ 20 seconds rest:
jump rope
box jumps on a 20" box (did 12 each time)
ropes (alternating moves every 10 seconds or so)

**comments
*workout took 25 min: 5 warm up, 15 workout, 5 cool down (used 4DS kb cool down)
*fun!!
smile.gif
workout, definitely got my heart rate up!

...I actually had a hard time deciding which idea to use, so next week i amgong to try the 5 rounds of 100 jump rope, 20 box jumps, 40 seconds rope! :)

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Good morning everyone!

Today I did rounds 1-9 of Providence. Yesterday was a rest day for me. I plan on doing more rounds this afternoon.

Deanie- Sorry that you didn't get a day off. Your workout last night sounded fun. What kind of box did you use for the jumps?

Andilynn- Glad you are enjoying STS. How many pushups do you have to do?

Marcy- Maybe we should have Dancing with the Catheletes. You can be our star.

Gayle- How did your hotel workout go?

Jane- You have great workout ideas. Good luck on your 10K tomorrow.

I had a major accomplishment the other day. DH brought me a cannoli. I LOVE cannoli! I told him that I would eat one bite and he could have the rest. It didn't even pain me to give it away. It was a good bite and I felt proud that I didn't eat it just because it was there.

Thank you for the encouragement that you provide. Have a great day and weekend.

Good morning!
Last nite I decided on Imax 3, whew! What fun, I think it's my favorite Imax, no breaking down steps you just get right into it. Sometimes I wish there was a premix of all my other dvd's, kind of like cardio fusion that just gets down to business so once you know the routine so you can really work it! after I was finished with that I tacked on the medicine ball abs from STS, now if I could only get my DH to try the partner abs with me!!!(I'm not holding my breath on that one though)

Farmer- I'm not sure how many pushups were in the 1st workout, I know that by the time I got to the staggered pushups I was totally on my knees! It was a good burn though!

Deanie- sounds like you had a fun workout, I really like circuit style workouts( that's my ADD talking again) anything that changes frequently I enjoy!

Waves to all!:)

TGIF Everyone!!

Today is rest day in preparation for my 10K tomorrow. They are forecasting storms so hopefully we can get the race in. I've been tentative on my decision to do the 10K but now I'm ready for it.

Yesterday I did a short workout of kettlebell upper body and ab work.

Deanie - I'm glad you enjoyed the workout!

Farmer - Congratulations on resisting the cannoli!! I know exactly how you feel. When I was losing weight, I felt so good the first time I resisted donuts at the office. Way to go!!!

Andilynn - Nice job on Imax 3. I haven't attempted Cathe's step workouts. I'm a total klutz.

Waves hello to Gayle and Marcy!

Have a great Friday!

Good Afternoon!

Today was Week 7, Day 3. I did 5 ladders, 3 rungs of cleans/pulls/pullups. Did a little better on my pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; and 2&3/4-1
Ladder 2: 1; 2; and 1, 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 4: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 5: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 3/4-1, 3/4 and 0.

I felt like I did better when I was doing the pullup challenge by itself but I guess that's because I wasn't doing the cleans and pulls. I might do a chinup challenge when ETK is over.

Then I did 7 minutes of swings, 25 reps/rest for 10 seconds. I did 7 cycles.

I might try and do the swings from my missed workout over the weekend. I'm sure I can find 5 minutes to get them done. I'm so excited I get to do Newport next week. I need a change!

Deanie - Glad you had a fun, heart-pumping workout!

Farmer - Thanks for the compliment. Are you going to join me? Good job on Providence! Kudos to you for only taking one bite of the cannoli!:D

Jane - Good luck on your run tomorrow! I hope you have nice weather. It's been raining hard here for the past three days.

Andilynn - IMAX 3 is also my favorite IMAX. Best choreography, most challenging and no breakdown. How do you like Ab Circuits?

Waves to all who follow!

Marcy

Good afternoon!

Deanie - I like the circuit you did. Hope that blister is healing up. :)

Jane - Good luck on your 10k tomorrow!

Marcy - Good work on your pull ups!

Farmer - Good job on Providence, and WTG with the cannoli! You have more willpower than I do. :)

Andilynn - Nice job on Imax3! That DVD was my one big Cathe failure...I could never get it. I ended up selling it on eBay. I like your new avatar pic!

I did a Tabata set of squats amd push ups yesterday. It was enough to work up a sweat and not feel like a slug.

I don't know if I'll get a workout in tonight. The weather's gotten pretty nice, so I may do a little garden work.

Have a good day everyone!

Good Afternoon!

Today was Week 7, Day 3. I did 5 ladders, 3 rungs of cleans/pulls/pullups. Did a little better on my pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; and 2&3/4-1
Ladder 2: 1; 2; and 1, 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 4: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 5: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 3/4-1, 3/4 and 0.

I felt like I did better when I was doing the pullup challenge by itself but I guess that's because I wasn't doing the cleans and pulls. I might do a chinup challenge when ETK is over.

Then I did 7 minutes of swings, 25 reps/rest for 10 seconds. I did 7 cycles.

I might try and do the swings from my missed workout over the weekend. I'm sure I can find 5 minutes to get them done. I'm so excited I get to do Newport next week. I need a change!

Deanie - Glad you had a fun, heart-pumping workout!

Farmer - Thanks for the compliment. Are you going to join me? Good job on Providence! Kudos to you for only taking one bite of the cannoli!:D

Jane - Good luck on your run tomorrow! I hope you have nice weather. It's been raining hard here for the past three days.

Andilynn - IMAX 3 is also my favorite IMAX. Best choreography, most challenging and no breakdown. How do you like Ab Circuits?

Waves to all who follow!

Marcy

I am really enjoying the ab circuits although I generally like a shorter ab routine(I'm a bit of a slacker in that department)! I have not done then all yet but the ones I have tried have been tough but not to tough! Although I saw mixed reviews in the open discussion ,I like this better than I did Core Max!:)

I just finished Rounds 1-5, 7-10, 12,14 of Providence and a segment of Classical Stretch. I feel great!

Marcy- I will not be joining you with the dancing. I am so uncoordinated that one day when I was doing a step DVD, I fell smack on my butt. Good thing it's big :) or else I would have been in serious pain.

Gayle- Are you growing veggies or flowers in your garden?

Andilynn- How is IMAX 3 for a girl with 2 left feet? IMAX 2 is the one that made me crash on my butt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.