---TGI---Kettlebells--->Friday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

today was the last official day of the ETK program min.:D:):D:::

I did the full 10 min of TGUs using my 35#kb! 10 right side/ 9 left.
Then I practiced snatches with the 30#kb :: 10 r/10 l and another set of 5r/5l. Still not sure if I will use my 25# or 30# for snatches in ROP....
then I finished with the ropes tabata i did on tuesday...

running late, bbl for personals

Happy Friday everyone!!!

hi again

just an update from yesterday: called the caterer and when I called she was extra nice and sent a "mock" up menu 1 hour later:eek: Later next week DH and I are going back to look at a restaurant we liked for the party. We will prob. end up having it there, but inviting only family and some close friends of DSs. DS has opted for going to a baseball game for the day (when the Mets- his favorite team- are in town) and taking his 3 best friends, getting really good seats (over the dugout or as close as we can) and making a day of it....instead of a big party.

Gayle~ how'd the deadlifts go?

Farmer~ did you end up doing the snatch test at night? I never got back to do my pullups/pushups! Night time is so not the right time for me to workout!!

Jane~ I hope you enjoyed your workout. What did you end up doing? Enjoy the nice weather! Its going to be 60 here today, and my boys are wearing shorts!!

Marcy~ How'd the TGUs go? I really like that exercise- one exercise, 10 min and you've got a great full body workout!

waves to everyone else!
Happy Friday everyone!

Good morning!

Deanie - I'm glad your catering dilemma is coming together. The baseball game idea sounds cool! Oh and BTW, you are a kettlebelling machine! Good job on the TGUs and snatches.

Last night's workout was okay. I was able to do 10x3 at 155, but I didn't feel like I was running on all cylinders. I tried to bench and do some OHS afterward, but it just wasn't happening.

I got some better sleep last night, so plan to spend some time tonight with Coack Sean. ;):) It's been a while since I've done any CC.

Waves hello to the rest of the gang! :)

Hi Everyone,

Deanie ~ Congratulations on completing ETK!! I'm glad your party issues are getting coming together. I love the idea of going to the baseball game. That is where I would want to go but I probably wouldn't be cheering for th Mets! :eek:

Gayle ~ Hope you get some rest tonight.

Yesterday I did the February challenge and the following workout but I didn't get in all 10 rounds.

10 Rounds of 10 Reps
Swings
Push ups
Reverse lunges (holding your bell and alternating legs)
Pull ups - (jumping in my case)
Sit ups

Today is a rest day as I have a 5K race tomorrow morning. Please cross your fingers that it does not rain! They are forecasting storms for tomorrow and I don't want to be rained out again. :( The race is only 15 minutes away so I'm going to take my chances and go anyway. At least I can get my shirt.

Waves hello to everyone else.

TGIF!!

Good Afternoon!

I did CIA 2305 - Hi Low to the Max with Donna Read this morning. This was a fun hi-lo workout with a few hi impact bursts but nothing compared to Cathe. Still, it was a great workout. Then I did 7 TGUs on each side with 25# (1 more rep on each side than last time).

Deanie - Congratulations on finishing up the first round of ETK! You must be so happy to get to ROP! Hopefully it won't be as Jane said - a "Ring of Pain"! Great job on the TGUs and snatches. I can't wait to hear how next week is for you.

The baseball game sounds like a wonderful idea. I would be cheering for the Mets since they used to be one of my hometown teams but the Yankees still rule for me.

Gayle - Have fun with Coach Sean tonight!

Jane - Good luck on your race tomorrow! I'll be praying that it doesn't rain tomorrow. I would say any rounds you get in after the February challenge is great.

Waves hello to everyone else! Have a great weekend1

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Gayle~ glad you got a good nights sleep. Have fun with Coach Sean!!;)

Jane~ GOOD LUCK tomorrow in your race!! I am hoping for sun-shiny skies for you tomorrow!

Marcy~ Fun workout today! Can't wait for you to join me in ROP!! The 4th week of the min. program was not as hard as I thought it would be- 50 swings- but wow do you feel great when you are done!! (insert muscle smilie)... so enjoy the 4th week!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Deanie - So have you seen any results after the 4 weeks? Are you going to be taking measurements? I will be taking mine on Sunday. I think I might have lost a little in my hips. I didn't change as far as weight goes but I know I'm stronger and have more endurance. My arms are definitely showing more definition.

Marcy

Marcy~ I am not going to take measurements. I have noticed my arms and abs are much more defined and I am definitely stronger! Endurance too must be good, if I am doing 50 swings. :) I would like to lose a little in my hips.....;) keep us posted with your results!

Are you going to add to ROP? I am going to do the program as is, but make Friday my stretch day....and dare I say it....maybe yoga????:eek:

Deanie - I will be doing Saturday's workouts on Friday since I don't workout on Saturday (except for my dance classes). I'll have to see how I feel after doing ROP a couple of times. I might add cardio on Mondays. Since Tuesdays are Providence, I'll probably wind up doing it for 2 cycles. I'll probably go back to doing yoga on Thursdays (can't do without my yoga!)

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.