TGI..Kettlebells....Friday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Just getting us started. Off to do Santa Monica in a moment.

Andilynn~ Fun workout yesterday! and good job with the 25#kb:)

Later Gators~

Hi again

Finished Santa Monica! Who ever wrote in to AOS and said Santa Monica was too easy was either just watching or using a 5#kb!!!:eek: That was one tough workout, and I did it without the ropes option! ....still putting Firepower as the hardest of all the AOS workouts though....
I finished up with my 4 min. tabata on the ropes:)

Santa Monica:
I did the ropes off and 60 seconds rest option.
Round 1
Figure 8 to Hold –
25#
Rest
Round 2
TGU –
25# - I think I pretty much kept up, may have been one behind or same....
Rest
Round 3
Swings/Squats –
25#
Rest
Round 4
Chest Presses, - 20# this is the only size kb I have 2 of, otherwise I would have used 25#
Pushups
and Squats –
25#kb for squats, they were hard, just barely finished
Rest
Round 5
Squatting Press (used a 20# barbell)
high pulls - 25#
staggered squats –
25#
Rest
Round 6
Press to Windmill, - 25#
Deadlift to a Row, - 25#
Flip n' Squat –
-20#
Rest
Round 7
Press to Get Up
- 25# (I alternated these, couldn't see what the girls were doing till after I started alternating),
Plank with a hip drop- did all
Alternating Snatches –
25# (I did the alternating snatches and it was HARD)
Rest
Round 8
Lunge Cocktails
(started with 25#kb, dropped down to 20# after 3!!),
Squat and Hold Cleans,- 1st set all 10, 2nd set only 4, 3rd set 6!
Open Palm Presses –
20# I liked the open palm presses, I found these easier than the regular presses..
Rest

I was really surprised (but happy!) there was no snatch test at the end!! I think I will do this one more time next week (and add in the ropes:eek::eek:???) My biceps are talking to me, but I don't know if its from SM or the ropes.....

Gayle~ what workout did you do today?

Marcy~ How'd you do with your pullups and Santa Monica???

Waves to everyone else!!! Happy TGIF!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!

I didn't have a great morning. Got up late and had trouble breathing but I attempted to do my workout. Did the pullup challenge:

2/1/1/1/
Last set was supposed to be 2 but I would up doing 3/4 and 1/2. I probably should have taken more rest before I attempted the last set.

Santa Monica: Really like this workout but it was tough for me. These endurance workouts are killer. I also did the ropes off option with 60 secs. rest.

Round 1: Figure 8s to a hold: Did the whole 3 minutes. Did the first minute with 25# and the next two minutes with 20#. This round seemed to go on forever.

Round 2: Turkish Getups - This round was even worse for me than Round 1. I literally had to stop after almost every TGU but managed to complete the whole 5 minutes which felt like 30.

Round 3: Swings - Had to rest after each minute of swings. Did plié squats with the 20# bell for 1 min.

Round 4: This actually was the easiest round for me. Used 2 20#s. Did all the double chest presses and singles on each side without stopping. Rested for about 30 secs. then did the pushups. Did all the squats and jumping squats.

That was all I managed to do. I did preview the rest though. I guess he didn't do a bonus snatch round since he did the alternating snatches in round 7. I can't decide which was worse - Newport or Santa Monica. I found Firepower easier than Santa Monica although like I said, the strength workouts are easier for me. I'll reserve judgment for when I do this when my breathing is normal. I still feel like I got a great workout even though I only did half. I don't know how I'd ever get through if I had the ropes!

Question for everyone: Do any of you do the workouts barefoot? Anthony said it's good to do them barefoot. BTW - didn't he look really hot in Santa Monica?:p Lauren also does them barefoot so I think I might try it next time.

Deanie - Great workout! Are you going to attempt Santa Monica with the ropes next time?

Andilynn - Congrats on doing the swings with 25#!:D Hope you get Firepower soon.

Waves to all who follow! Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi Deanie, Marcy, Andilynn - Good workouts everybody!

I have to run a bunch of errands tonight, so not sure if I'll get a workout in.

Marcy - I do a lot of kettlebell workouts barefoot, as well as some other lifting. I find that it does help my form sometimes. When I started swinging heavier, I found that I would pitch forward a little, going barefoot corrected it. Some moves feel a little weird at first, like tactical lunges, but that goes away once the muscles in your feet and toes get acclimated.

ETA: Anyone know where Jane is?

Whew! I'm enjoying a resrt day today, just sitting here enjoying my coffee! It's supposed to be another sunny and warm(around 50) day. I think I'll get out and enjoy it before the cold and snow come back tomorrow!

"Waves" to Deanie, Gayle , Marcy and all who follow! Have a great day!

I couldn't help myself!

I was going to take a rest day but had some energy left over at the end of the day so I went downstairs and did Empire State, Hmmmmm maybe I'll rest tomorrow:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.