TGI --- kettlebell --- friday ->

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting us started!:)

Melissa ~ you really inspired me to get my rear in gear and see an RKC! I am going to try and call one today. So are you going to start ETK over?

No workout for me today. I'm taking a rest day. Tomorrow is my heavy day, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get that in- we have soccer first thing in the morning, and then DH is going to work. I'll have to figure something out, I don't want to wake up early!

Have a great Friday!

Good morning!

The meetings were boring, and I'm glad they're done. ;)

Melissa - AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!! :D:D:D I'm so glad the RKC was better in person. ITA with Deanie, I'm inspired to find one, too. Glad you liked the swing/jump rope workout. ;)

The chin ups felt pretty good the other night. I kept thinking "don't go to failure" so stuck with two per round as long as they were strong. They're not full dead hang...I start with my feet on the floor and arms slightly bent, but I don't jump or kip. When you asked about how my snatches felt the other day, I have to say the one thing I feel like I need to work on is "taming the arc", as Pavel would put it. I think I get a little swingy with it.:confused:

Deanie - Have great rest day!

Hi Jane and Rhonda!

I slept like crap last night, so will just do TGU's tonight unless some major energy spurt comes out of nowhere.

My backsplash tile came in yesterday. DH is very smitten with it. I'm planning to get to Big Orange for thinset and sealer so I can get this baby installed tomorrow.

Have a good day!

When you asked about how my snatches felt the other day, I have to say the one thing I feel like I need to work on is "taming the arc", as Pavel would put it. I think I get a little swingy with it.
ME TOO! He showed me how to grip the bell and do a sort of karate chop then turn and pour out the pitcher drop - so cool! I am working on that today.

I will post my workout later but first I have to get something off of my chest... AGH! My heart is pumping, I just sent a complaint letter to dragon door. You know the videos I post on youtube? Well someone started emailing me asking am I married, where do I live, am I going for RKC (because you know, I am just soooo good :rolleyes:) and he was posting on all of my videos for a times. I ignored him, it really wasn't a big deal for me, but when I was searching for instructors on Dragon Door HE WAS ON IT!!! He is an HKC, and he is trying to use his status to PICK UP WOMEN ON YOUTUBE! I talked to Rick about it and he told me to contact so and so at Dragon Door and let him know, they did not want people like that working under their product name. So I just did and I am not worried about this guy but WHAT IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE ME? Is there a way for me to forward youtube emails? I told him that I would copy and paste any emails that I still had, but I deleted most of them.

It makes me sick to think about all the women he trains every day.

Okay, that's off my chest, now for the workout:
check the sig! ;)

Deanie, I am starting all over from scratch so that I can do it right. It doesn't suck at all starting over BECAUSE I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!! :D :D :D

Okay, I have to run now. My son is bringing his flashcards up to me doing them himself so that he can be done with school. He is great, though, he has gotten them all correct AND he is being self-motivated. *sniff sniff* I am so proud but at the same time I think it is a little pathetic that the 6 year old is the one leading school and not the adult in the house. :eek::p

Okay, I have to go for real now, I will be back later with more chattiness I'm sure!

Melissa

Good Afternoon!

I'm trying to focus on work but I don't feel like it. I got in late today because mom had surgery to put her port in today. The doctor told me, "your mom is a free spirit and is a breath of fresh air". LOL!!! Anyway she is doing great and is on her way home.

I'm taking a rest day!

Melissa ~ I'm SO glad your session with the RKC was AWESOME!!! Yay!!!

Good for you in reporting that person to Dragon Door. You did the right thing. When I went to the fitness boot camp, one of the instructors was a total perv. I won't even go into all the stuff he did or tried to do. It took the woman who owns the place a year to figure it out. Duh! Everyone knew about him but her.

Deanie ~ Hope you get our workout in tomorrow. Enjoy your rest day!

Gayle ~ I'm glad your meetings are over. I hate meetings!! Yay...backsplash!!

Hi Rhonda!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

EEK!!

Okay, I did it!!:eek::eek::eek: I bit the bullet and called Mike Krivka from DD!! Funny thing is, his sister lives in my community and his niece and my son are in the same grade (I know them!!:eek:) How funny is that!!? Anyway, I just spoke to him, he is out of town this weekend, but we are going to set something up when he gets back!!:eek: Now I am nervous!! someone critiquing my form!!:eek:

Jane::: Glad your mom is doing great!!! Attitude is everything!! Enjoy your rest day.

Melissa::: This is all your fault (my setting up an appt. with an RKC)!!:mad: LOL!!:D:D:D I hope I get as much from the session as you did! Sorry about your HKC guy thing! Yuck!! Oh, I put my blog in my signature too! good idea :)

Gayle::: YEA! for the backsplash! I'm glad you and DH love it! Can't wait to see pictures :) Good work on the chin ups!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jane - Happy to hear mom is doing great. :) Enjoy your rest day.

Deanie - *squeal* :D:D:D That's so cool! Don't be nervous. :cool:

Melissa - I can totally visualize the karate chop and pitcher pouring cues. :cool: You did the right thing by reporting the DD guy. Did he send you private messages, or posts/comments on your videos? Did you empty your email trash? I wonder if they're still there.

Jane, WOW! That is high praise for your mom. How does she do it? She has been through a mess this past year and how she has that attitude - she is a hero, seriously. I know people who have gone through half of what she has and have taken it 10 times worse.

Did he send you private messages, or posts/comments on your videos?
Both, but he was very smart and only sent me inappropriate messages privately. When I first started posting videos he was very encouraging, I checked out his page and saw he was a trainer using his account to promote his business. He does a lot of crossfit type stuff with sandbags and TRX, so I asked him a question about TRX and he told me I should send him a private email. Red flag, so I never did but he took the initiative. I didn't realize that when I asked him a question I was saying "hey, I wanna mess around with you."

I deleted almost all of the pms. When it finally got to the point where I realized it was borderline stalking Dan told me to save the rest of the emails so I only have 2. I had quit responding to him along ago, but he never gave up. :confused: He's done now, and I think the final straw for him was when I made a point to shout out to my GIRLS in a video. He said "what about the guys" and I never responded. That was the last I heard of him (I guess 3 weeks ago?), but the RKC said that I still needed to report it. I am sorely tempted to write on his Dragon Door comments: "If I was a woman I would never let this man come near me. He used his status to try and soothe my ego then start something inappropriate with me. Men, warn your daughters, wives, sisters and moms."

Deanie, I am so happy you did it!!! Being critiqued is so good for you, and YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! I was extremely nervous that he was going to tell me that I was doing everything wrong, but when that first lightbulb goes off you get over it and want to jump up and down for joy! He gave some great pointers for helping the LHS, too.
I think it's so funny that you know his family - there are so few RKCs, and God put you in the right place at the right time. :D

I have to run now, my "weekend kids" just showed!

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.