--------> TGI (clean & tidy) FRIDAY <--------

Morning all! Great drop off and busy morning! Waiting to pick up kids now. Found cheerios at the store!!!

WO will be bc. Will report when done!

Hope everyone is having a good morning.

Angie

Angie, where are you?? What's up for your weekend?

Kate, hope you have a better day today. Give Isabel a big hug from us!

Morris, what kind of treadmill do you own?

Robin, sorry about the knee issues. Get the elliptical!!

Anne, what wo did you decide on for this morning?? ^5 on BC yesterday!

Klaudia, great sounding wo yesterday, and your dinner sounds delish!

Oh hi Angie, good to see you!!!

Well yesterday turned into another crazy day... It started off pretty good, but when I got stopped by a train and had to sit there for 15 minutes, making me late for work, I knew the day was shot. As soon as I got to work, my boss told me that one of my high-profile clients was arrested again for DUI (his SEVENTH). So rather than having a nice, quiet paperwork morning at the office, I made an impromptu trip to court for my client's bond hearing, then the Judge wanted to speak to me in chambers about the client. So altogether, I spent about 2 hours of my morning at court.

Today's wo will be chest and back, then I need to shower, get Collin to school, Drs appt, haircut, running store, pick Collin up from school, lunch with DH, then home for a nap. After nap it's GARAGE MAX :confused::confused::confused: Oh well, it's to my benefit in the end...

Better get to the workout, bbl...

Angie, I'm so glad school went well today! Small victories, one at a time!:) YUM to Cheerios!

Katie, Your job sounds so important & exciting! Mike has to garagemax once a week, somehow. Not sure how it gets so bad so fast. Enjoy your day off!

Klaudia, How are you doing today?((hugs))
Morris, Wishing you a family drama-free weekend! Take it out on your elliptical, not food!:D

---------------
I'm aiming for a better day today. I hate feeling down. Got a great WO in last night (4ds shoulders 2x, calves, 4DS legs, abs). I woke up today ans did CTX KB. Tonight the big girls are spending the night at M/FIL's so Mike and I are going to do some shopping and out to eat w/ Julia. Tomorrow is a busy day of bday parties. One for a niece who's turning 1, and the over to GR (an hour away) for a friend's 1-yr old bday party. I WILL EAT NO CAKE!!! I am seeing great results and I am NOT going to blow it on dry cake w/ frosting from a can!

2-Hour delay today which is great. Its actually 3 days in a row now. BUT EVERY OTHER SCHOOL got theirs cancelled! No fair! It's -24 with the wind chill!!! So, we'll be waiting for the bus in the Durango today!

Better gt busy. So nice to WO in the AM!!!

Oh, and I had to tell you gals -

I DID 2 CHINUPS LAST NIGHT!!!!!

I was so excited! Mike even saw me do them so I have proof! LOL!

Happy Friday!

Why is it that when the kids have no school, they wake up early and on their own? Dentist appt. today then dropping the girls off at my parent's house. I might try Libby Lu, but it's so cold I'm not sure I want to brave the parking lot-maybe I'll valet? I'll workout when I come home- 30 minutes of HIIT. And tonight is dinner out with the girlfriends:)

Angie, have fun with BC.

Katie, crazy busy day! Hope you get it all done:)

Kate, I'm a bit better. I think I may go to the doctor today and get a referral for a therapist and a script for something to calm me down, although who knows if I'll take it. I'm notorious for not taking pills even for a headache. We have a b-day party tomorrow, too. And it's supposed to snow 2-4 inches in the afternoon. So that means I'll be going solo, if at all. NO CAKE!! Way to go on the chin ups:) I make my own "Legs and Back" workout using 4DS Legs and pulls/chins at the end of each round. Good stuff.

Hi everyone:)

Last edited:
Kate YAY on the chin-ups

Katie sorry about the client. How come he is not in jail? GARAGE-max? Are you going to clean it or organize it?

Y-day eats was crazy. I did not plan it out so I ate what ever. Today will be different. I'm planning to make some homemade chicken southwestern soup for lunch.

b-oatmeal
l-soup
s-PB
d-salmon,rice and beans
s-nuts and fruit

My w/o 4ds KB cardio and legs. 100 k-bell swings and core work.
Toooo cold for a power walk. Even my doggie did not want to go out this morning.

klaudia, mercifully, dds slept til 8!!!!:D yday it was 630 tho!:rolleyes:
have FUN tonight!!!!
good luck w/ the dr..... i never take anything either. id rather have a headache than the side effects if the drug. and usually when something is wring we go to the chiro and get it fixed there.

hey robin! awesome wo & yummmmm on the lunch!
i keep chicken tortillasoup and chili in the freezer portioned out....but im out right now. guess i have some cooking to do!:D

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I never made it back yesterday. I didn't leave work until 6:30, had no gas, and the got home around 7:20. DH and I went out for dinner and didn't get home until 10. I was too exhausted to post then.

Angie, glad you had a cry free morning. Hopefully it will continue
Robin, it is cold here. Last night I saw 2 people running when it was 15 degrees. You won't catch me doing that.
Kate, ^5 on the chinups. I need to make some soup this weekend too.
Klaudia, I never take medicine either except when my allergies get really bad. Otherwise I just suffer. Good luck at the dr. today.

Hi Anne & Morris.

w/o was Imax 3
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: tbd
s: clementime, broccoli & carrots
d: tbd, but probably bbq

Morning, everyone!

Katie, it sounds like you have a busy day. I don't know how you get up so early, even on your day off. You must be a morning person. :p

Kate, I saw your delay on TV this morning. Why don't they just cancel? Great job on the chin ups last night!

Angie, how was boot camp? I'm curious to hear how it went for you. And I'm glad the school drop-off was better today.

Robin, how do you make that soup? Kate gave me her chicken tortilla soup recipe and it was awesome. Your work out today sounds fantastic!

Klaudia, I think it's a good idea to go to the doctor, even if it's just for the referral to a therapist. And have fun tonight! I didn't realize it's supposed to snow tomorrow. I'm supposed to go to my parents. :confused:

Morris, I hope everything is going well.

Colleen, how's work? Busy, busy, I imagine.

Did I miss anybody? If so, I'm sorry!

So, today I did the first 30 minutes of KPC and Stretch Max segment 2. It went fine, but today was the first day this week I had a really hard time getting up early. And it was later than every other day this week! My bed was just sooooooo warm and snuggly (I have a pillow top mattress, flannel sheets and a down comforter). I love my bed! But, I made myself get up and now I don't have to stress about getting my work out done later in the day. That's good.

I was at therapy last night and the therapist was trying to figure out the timeline of everything that's happened in our lives lately and she said, "Okay, so in the past year and three months your dad had a stroke, your parents moved in with you for 5 weeks, your mother's dementia progressed, Jim's dad died and his mom fell twice." I responded, "And we separated for a short time." She said, "Wow, you've had a lot on your plate." I said, "Yeah, I try not to put it all together like that." She came back with, "I don't blame you." But, it made me realize it's no big shock that I feel really stressed out sometimes. I just need to take a step back, let some stuff go, and do the best I can to take care of everybody, including myself.

Okay, gotta get some work done. I'll be back later.

anne

Hi everyone!

BC done! It was a pretty good WO! I have to say that the whole time I was doing it, I actually felt like I was strong for the first time in a long time. I made it through a lot of the exercises, and for the first time since I seriously starting WO again, I increased my weights. I didn't finish the tricep dips because my hands were too sweaty to hold me up! I DID however do the first set of pushups on my toes (even though that's only 8, I was proud!) and then I did ALL of the plank pushups and held that first plank for the whole minute! The second plank set I wasn't quite as good but let's stay positive, right! Anyway, it was an encouraging workout!

Anne, your WO tomorrow sounds like a good one. I might change mine too. Billy Blanks sounds a little too hardcore for me right now. This has been a rough week! I can't believe what a year you've had. Sometimes it's good to look back on all that though so you have a better understanding of your mental state! Even though it's hard to rehash it, it's good to work through it!

Colleen, sorry you had a late night. I hope you had a good night out with DH! What I wouldn't give for a date night right now. My birthday is next weekend and I'm hoping we can get out somehow. Even if it means driving to Belgium and having our friends watch the girls! :)

Kate, that's crazy that your kids are still going to school. It's like a high of -15 in Chicagoland. School has been cancelled for my siblings the last two days! My brother had finals to take and he's going to the inauguration next week so he's going to have to make them up. ^5 on the chinups and NO CAKE! You're doing awesome!

Klaudia, I hope your day today is a better one. Yuck on the dentist. My least fave place in the world!

Katie, sorry your day was so busy yesterday. I was a court advocate for victims of domestic violence back in the day. I had such a hard time being in court with people who made such poor decisions. I can imagine it's hard with dui cases as well! Sounds like you're WOs are going so well this week!

Robin, sounds like you're enjoying your kbells! How was soup?

Ok... just finished my ravenous food rage. Ugh. I was so hungry after my WO. Wish I could say I made one good choice. They weren't horrible but not super healthy either. I need to eat a little more in the AM!

BBL.

colleen, long night for you! hope today goes faster and you can relax this weekend.

anne, that bed sounds awful good right now! ive been up since 4 and its hitting me! need a good lunch to keep me going!
yeah, i'd say you have a lot going on! does dh go w/ you?

angie, i hope you get a date for your bday!
good job on bc! i actually hate that one!:eek:
lol on the food! last night while i was lifting all i could think about was what i was going to eat when i was done! :eek:

Anne you are stronger than you know. You've been through a lot in the past year. You should congratulate yourselve. I think it's best not to think of the past even through it's only normal for the thoughts to creep in.

Colleen that's funning how is running supose to make you warm when it that cold.

Kate good idea chicken tortillasoup.

Angie after my w/o I'm straving too. I think my body need some protein and carbs after weight workout.

Southwestern Chicken Soup

You can use a crockpot (cook low 7-8 hours) or a pot on the stove

1-1/4 # boneless skinless chicken breast, thin strips---cooked

2 cans of chicken broth (14 oz cans)
1 pk frozen corn
1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1 med onion chopped
1 med green pepper chopped
1 med sweet red pepper chopped
1 can chopped green chillies----optional
1 tsp salt---optional
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder

I added black beans just to make it more filling

Enjoy

Hey ladies, I'm back and errands are done. WO this morning was GS back and bis, then PS back and bis. 57:53 minutes, 258 cals, 112/141 HR. Drs appt was quick, haircut is pretty cute, and lunch with DS and DH was a yummy -- but Collin was BEGGING for the Hotel for Dogs Happy Meal from McD's, so I ate the southwest salad (and two cookies, shhhh!!).

Robin, that soup sounds yummy! We eat a lot of black beans in my house too. You amaze me with all your kb swings!

Angie, I know a lot of folks who work as victim's advocates in my town too, that's a hard job I'm sure! Good job on BC, your body will just keep getting stronger. You excited to try Gym Styles?

Anne, I love my bed too, but good job getting up and getting the WO done! I really like those drills in KPC, much more than the combos. You have had a rough year for sure, and you seem to be handling it very well!

Colleen, YUCK! on the crazy day yesterday! I hate getting gas, especially in the cold weather. I wish Chris would just do it for me, haha! ^5 on IMAX3!

Kate, you are AWESOME with your chin-ups, I can't do any! Hopefully one day soon. My job is exciting, but some days I long for a boring job, kwim? GarageMAX is to make room for the new TREADMILL we are buying tomorrow (Sole F80). We can be Sole Sisters!;)

Klaudia, what is Libby Lu?? You motivate me to try some HIIT once we get the treadmill going -- tell me what you do. Have fun tonight with the girls.

Hi Morris, where are you???

this is a drive by checkin:) i miss you guys!!

kate, glad to see you here today and sorry yesterday was rough. awesome job with the chinups!!

katie, you are getting so much accomplished. that is great, before the weekend even sets in.

angie, i need to eat a lot in the am if i work out i am finding. if i do, i eat less the rest of the dsay, and my scale is going down!!

klaudia, having something calming there if you need it is sometimes all you need! good luck with the therapist. enjy your wokrout today.

robin, that soup sounds awesome. i just had some creamy butternut suash soup, with no cream! it is delicious, but not homemade.

anne, great job getting up this am!! and wow, you have been thru a lot. you need a vaction for sure.

colleen, are you looking forward to the weekend?

did not sleep much last night. i tried tuning out my mom, but she cried and cried and cried. it was so hard. this am she is better, so hopefully things will go okay. 1 day dwon, 3 to go. i did not workout this am first thing and had a hard time with that, but i just finished an hour on the elliptical and some leg stuff and feel great. i was su[pposed to be at work, but they cut my shift:( i suppose i can get a lot done, though. so my game plan for the next 2 days is: exercise in am (run sat and sun b/c it makes me ffel good!), not turning to food as i will feel worse - i will crunch celery and carrots if need be, and smiling as much as possible. oh, and i will lie down with finn tomorrow afternoon under the guise of getting him to nap - break for me too!! hope to check in too, but not sure how much computer time i will get. yesterdays eats stayed on track, so i know i can do the next 3 days.

hope to bbl

robin, im full from alate lunch but youre makin' me hungry for some soup!:D

katie, sole sisters - lol!
i hate mcd's but if im forced to go there thats the salad i get.
i had a cookie today too! oops! we made cc cookies for the guys at the garage mike uses for work. they fixed my flat yday for no charge so i paid them in cookies!:D:cool:
post a pic of the cut!!

morris, hugs and more hugs! come vent away all you want, if and when you can! no need to even do personals - we understand! shoulders a'plenty around here!
good job getting your wo in w/ company around - not easy!

eats are good, otherthan my cookie.
so loking forward to date night tonight! we're going to dicks to get more plates for the leg press, which should be coming by the end of next wk. and i just got an email that our versaclimber was shipped!!!

Angie, this has been a rough week, hasn't it? I'm surprised at how well I'm doing with the tough work outs, tho. I might lighten up a bit next week, after Drill Max, of course. As you all know, I'm very afraid of that work out, but I'll do my best.

Thanks for all the support. DMIL fell out of bed on Monday morning and was in the hospital until Wednesday evening. DH told me today that she didn't even get out of bed yesterday because she's in so much pain. His brother, who stays with her during the week, got 1.5 hours of sleep in the last two days. We're heading down there (1.5 hour drive from where we live) after work today, I have no idea what we'll find. It seems to me if she's in that much pain she should go back to the hospital, but who knows? Yuck.

The good news? I'm leaving work early to go get a haircut. Katie, we must be on the same hair schedule, huh? My office has a policy that if you have a doctor's appointment or dentist or whatever, if it's less than 2 hours you don't have to take vacation or sick time for it. Well, I know a haircut doesn't quite count, but it's the only time I can go before vacation and I NEED a haircut. So, that's how I'm justifying it.

Morris, good luck this weekend. Try to remember to take deep breaths. And Kate's right, you don't need to do personals, just come by for support.

Robin, thanks for posting the recipe, that sounds delish.

Kate, DH and I usually go to therapy together, but he skipped out last night. He's really worried/upset about his mom and just didn't want to talk about it. I totally get that, so told him I would go on my own yesterday.

Okay, I'm supposed to go visit my parents tomorrow and then back to MIL's for Saturday night. We're planning to come home Sunday, but who knows? No Internet at either parents, so I don't know if I'll be back before Sunday. If not, I hope everybody has relaxing and WARM weekend! Ha to those of us in the midwest!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.