Terrific T-12: Monday

L Sass

Cathlete
Hello fellow 12ers. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Gayle - how was the relay? Hope it didn't rain for you - it was awful here - of course the Browns' performance - or lack thereof- added to the misery. We need details!

Pennie - I hope you had a great visit with the kids - saw your check-in and it sounded like you were having fun.

Cheryl - and Jean - you guys were so good at starting weekend checkin threads! How do you come up with the time to do it? My weekends tend to spin out of control with too many events crammed in. And DH is back to teaching mock trial on Saturday mornings - so it's me and the monsters to get everything going.

Heather - got your e-mail - YAY you for good decisions. We need to see your lovely words on the check-in too.

Belinda - I did not get your e-mail - can you send again? Or - wait until you get re-settled in Germany. My goodness mama you have enough on your plate. One week and counting - hope things are going smoothly - or as much as possible.

Alesia - I hope school is treating you well. If you're on the boards, pop in and let us know how it's going.

Amy - how long does it take your DOMS to subside after your heavy lifting day? I'm very curious about those 2 programs you mentions in the e-mail - may have to pick your brain a bit more on those.

Heather mentioned in one of her e-mails about throwing down the gauntlet - so in honor of that concept I did Gauntlet and 30-minute HIIT on the elliptical this a.m. (told you I'm no ggod at following rotations - surprised I ever made it through a P90X at all!) Hoping to get in GSBSB later on - but I have a few planning commisssion matters that I need to take care of too. We'll see how it goes. Have a good Monday all.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good morning Lorrie,

I have the movers coming this morning:( I send you my e-mail, let me know if you got it??

Beinda

Good morning, ladies.

Lorrie-below is my desricption of yesterday's marathon relay. My picture trail is updated with pictures from the event!

Belinda-one more week!!!!!

OK...sorry, but I have to be quick. Some things need to get done before I head to the school. I'm taking a rest day today. I'm TIRED...mentally and physically. The race yesterday put the nail in my coffin, so to speak, so I need to recover today. BUT.....I will NOT slack on my food today. I will be diligent and honest to ME!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Again, I'm sorry this has to be so short. But before I sign off.....

I'd like to share my email that I sent out to my group of friend and neighbors here who know the 5 of us that made up my relay team for yesterday's marathon. I thought you guys may take something with you, from the inspiration of the folks I ran with yesterday. Little things...they all add up. Indulge me a moment, here's my description of yesterday's marathon relay: (it laid out much better in the group email with colors, fonts, centered, etc...so this is a watered-down version of it)

Ladies & Gents-

HUMOR ME FOR A MOMENT!
I just wanted to take a moment and share something (and some pictures) with you all!
Many of you already know that I formed a team to run
the Via Lehigh River Relay Marathon today.
Take a moment and revel in the AWESOME job this team did today!

The team was made up of myself, Gary & Debbie Korner,
and Chris & Jeanie Morgano.
Chris and Jeanie's daughter, Julie, made each team member a team tye-dyed shirt. Personally, this was the seond-best part of the weekend...
coming second behind these fine folks who pulled off a great event today!
FARMVIEW FIVE RULES!

The relay marathon was the full marathon distance of 26.2 miles.
We each chose a leg of the race, and together, our distances finished the marathon relay.
It started at 9th & Hamilton in Allentown and coursed thru Bethlehem
and ended on Larry Holmes Drive in Easton.
Here's how the morning played out:

The 5 of us hit the road at 6am this morning!
We drove to the start line in Allentown where I took on the first leg of this race.

Leg 1...the longest of the 5 legs at 6.5 miles, started at 7:15am.
The weather was gorgeous...perfect running weather.
After some team photo ops, off I went. I felt great.
I've been fighting Plantar Fasciitis in my left heal,
so I went into my leg with a generous goal of keeping a 10min mile pace.
The course took me thru a few streets, a bridge, and some pavement
before it led to the gravel toe-path where it was shaded and followed the river.
As I came up on the exchange at Sand Island in Bethlehem at 6.5 miles,
I felt like I could have just kept on running.
The clock logged my leg at 59:33, so I pretty much
kept my goal pace with 6 minutes to spare!
I spotted Debbie taking pictures, found Gary and tagged off to him.
(The team filled me in on the time they had in getting a parking spot and just barely making it to the exchange point before I ran in...they had made it by about 5 minutes.)

Leg 2...Gary took off with his iPod blaring The Stones!
Gary's leg was 5.2 miles long, and took him from Sand Islandto Lockhouse Rd at Freemansburg Canal Park.
He said the run was great, until his knee started to act up.
Apparently, Gary needs new sneakers...I'll leave it at that, guys :)
He did great, just under an hour also.

Leg 3...Jeanie, with this race being her first EVER organized event,
was on goal to tackle one of the toughest legs of this race.
This leg, with a distance of 4.8 miles, included the now infamous Gary Ward Hill.
Jeanie, who's still recovering from a recent surgery and wasn't "officially"
released by her doctors to run, did an OUTSTANDING job on her leg!
I don't recall her time, but that's not important.
What's important is that SHE KILLED THAT HILL and came into the exchange
point at Chetwyn Park in Bethlehem Township to tag Chris for his Leg.
(Jeanie...YOU ROCK!)

Leg 4...Chris, who worked all Saturday night,
came home and grabbed a cat nap of ONLY 1 hour before
heading out the door this morning, simply RAN!
As you all know, he's tall. It's obvious, and his run showed it!
He took off and came in UNDER a 10min mile.
His leg was 5.2 miles long and almost all downhill.
Jeanie was teasing that he got to run DOWN the hill
that SHE had to run UP!
He came to the exchange point (looking like he does this sort of thing every day)
at Hugh Moore Park, where Debbie was psyching herself up to GO!

Leg 5...Debbie had butterflies waiting for Chris.
Like Jeanie, this was Debbie's first EVER organized event as well.
We all know she walks MILES around home and town,
and her goal this morning was to speed walk her leg,
which was 4.5 was described as "no hills, very flat".
Debbie, wearing my mp3 player, was tagged by Chris and OFF she went.
WALK???? Wasn't that the plan? Not so! She took off RUNNING!
She ran 3/4 of her leg, walking only when the heat started taking its toll on her.
Debbie's leg, as the last leg of the race,
was in the hottest part of the race (and the least shaded).
Gary ran the last bit of her leg with her to cheer her on,
and Debbie brought our team into the finish line at
Riverside Park on Larry Holmes Drive in Easton.

Our final team time???
4:38:33 (give or take a few seconds)!
WE KICKED IT HARD TODAY!

I'm so proud of these people!
They pulled off an incredible race today and I'm so proud to call them my teammates!

Now the proof: PICTURES!
If you click on this link (or copy and paste it), it will take you to my Picture Trail:
www.picturetrail.com/banslug
Simply IGNORE the other albums at this link since they'll probably just bore you to tears!
(I use my picture trail account to share photos with my family and online buddies.)
Open the album titled Via Relay Marathon 09-09-07.

ENJOY and give these folks a pat on the back next time you see them!
They did a GREAT JOB!

Gayle

p.s. They've already scheduled this event for next year! Any more takers???

GAYLE

Hey, gang! I'm here and will post later, but I'm too tired from work to stay awake....I just wanted to say "good morning", though!

:*

Happy Monday!

Lorrie, yes, I had a great time with DD going to her friend's shower and I just adored every moment with Scarlett. I am always sooo sad when they leave. I will see her again at the end of September. I'm taking DS to visit UNT and we will stay with them a couple of days.
Glad your feeling better - great workout - hope you get in GSBSB.

Belinda, I'm thinking of you today as your big move begins. I pray all goes smoothly for you. Let us know ok? When will you lose your computer access?

Gayle, I LOVE your colorful relay shirts! You look so great in all the pictures and GREAT JOB coming in with 6 minutes to spare on your goal! You rock girl! Sounds like you really have a great team there! Enjoy your much deserved rest day.

Amy, get some sleep girl and check back in later.

Jean, how are ya sweetie? Hope you got in some good running this weekend. I think we are in for some dryer and cooler air this week - I'm sure looking forward to that!

Heather and Cheryl, have a great day. I'll catch up with emails next.

Pennie

HA - when I get up at 4:00 I can get sooooo much more done!

Gayle - KUDOS on your run! It sounds like it was fantastic! LOVED your pics - thanks so much for sharing them. What an accomplishment for you. See - you all make me want to do the running thing more seriously again. When is that run that someone wanted a "Team Cathe" for - in Oct I think.

Penney - awwww - I bet you are such a doting and wonderful grandmama. Come on baby - we need pics! Bet she's growing like a weed. SO glad you had such a great visit.

Belinda - I am having trouble with your e-mail. It won't go through for me. Can you p.m. me through the forums with it and I'll try that way?

Amy - sleep. Ahhhhh- I LOVE sleep! Hope you got well rested. I am the kind of person who needs and likes her sleep.

I did in fact get in GSBSB and Fluidity Adv minus the upper body work. Fluidity is really good at helping me keep those saddle bags at bay - now to couple it with the right food and I'll be good.

Don't know if I told you all what I'm doing for my girls at their recital. I know I told you I'm making badges. This whole season I've tried to teach these girls the muscles in the body - think I told you that. So I have ordered for them sweat towels, similar to what Cyndi got for us on the RT, but no microfiber. I'm having the year and their names embroidered on the towel. Then I have a list of which girls were in which parades. I've designed a pin/badge for each parade and I'll make badges for each girl for each parade or performance she's attended. Then when I get the towels I'll pin each girl's respective badges onto her towel and give it to her, along with her trophy at the recital and awards night. Do you guys think they'll like that? I figured they could pin the towel up on a bulletin board to display it, but then when they get older to compete in sports, they can actually use the towel. Now - those 200+ badges await my time.

Ok - the bus should be here soon. Hope you all are having a good day.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Lorrie, promise to send a pic of Scarlett tomorrow on the email. I don't know how to do it on the forums. Glad you got in your weight work too! I just had to check back in and tell you I LOVE the towel/badges gift you are making for your girls. What a thoughtful and creative idea! Have fun making them - they will love them.

I did B&G floorwork and the bonus stability ball abs - going to get in that yoga tonight no matter what!

Okay, gotta go study!

Pennie

Hi, everyone -

oooh, Pennie, good choice on the B&G floorwork -

B&G from yesterday has made my BOOTY HURT!!!

Today was Rhythmic Step. Loved it.

Gayle, love the re-cap of your marathon.

Belinda, good luck with those movers!!

Amy, good morning! (ahem - night)

I'm sitting here chewing sugar free gum (from Cleveland, Heather, not Canada) :)

and congratulating us all on a successful completion of our new Day 1. Life is good!

Oh, and the agency won a terrific new account today. We just got word this morning. Life is very good.

Have a great night, everyone!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.