T! G! I!---Kettlebells---Friday!!!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!!!

TGIF TGIF TGIF and snows a'comin'!! I am really looking forward to the weekend and being snowed in. We have food, books, logs for the fire and my DH is off!!!!!:):):):) They are predicting 16-24"!!:eek::eek::eek: which will be a record here in the DC area if it happens. Schools in Va. are already closed today, and here in Md they are closing early.

I "did" Nancy today for my workout. I should say mini- Nancy, since I was thinking it was 3 rounds but it was supposed to be 5!:mad: Still a good workout and the OHS looked good. I haven't run on the treadmill in forever, it was okay....

Melissa::: Okay, I am ready to start ROP next week too! :) I am going to do 5X5 c&p with pullups tomorrow with the 30# kb, just to make sure the 16kg is the right size for me to do ROP with. Then I am ready to go. I will not be following AOS's weeks 5-7 though, I am going to follow the ETK book and have a heavy, moderate and light day with the c&p.... that system really works for me. Your Greek day sounds fun. Love Greek gods, myths, etc!!! My DS13 and I have read all the Percy Jackson books and are anxiously awaiting the movie!!!!

Gayle::: GREAT workout yesterday! Are you missing your kb and xfit workouts? I stayed at about 60-62.5 for the presses for the LONGEST time. In fact, I think 62.5 was the highest I went. I think they are really hard...... Yet oddly, for the Resolution workout I consistently used 70# for presses.....weird....

waves to Jane, Marcy, Nita and Rhonda!!!!

Happy Happy Friday gals!!!

Deanie, in what order are you doing your heavy, medium, light days? I don't like the way it's rxed in the program. I like keeping my Saturdays free for fun/long workouts. Would it be so bad if I did Heavy on Friday instead?

We have 3-8 inches coming. I am actually so so so happy!!! I love the snow, love being out in it. Snow is what makes winter and the cold bearable. :)

Ugh, I am just NOW getting up. I could not sleep last night at all. We got a new blanket and new pillows, and the blanket is HOT and the pillows are HUGE and fluffy! DH had his in my face all night, I would roll over, flop back into the position I am most comfortable and then he would readjust his pillow into my face so I felt smothered. *sigh... maybe we should just get a King size... :D

Anyways, today is TGU day, and I will get crackin' here soon! :)

Melissa

Hi Everyone!

I'm back at work today but not working out until tomorrow. Thank you so much for your cyber-hugs, thoughts and prayers. We are all doing fine. We let mom be alone last night for the first time and I was bawling like a baby when I left. I just heard from her this morning and she is doing fine and had a good night.

I'm eager to get back to working out as I have been eating all kinds of junk. I'm the kind of person that eats while stressed. Tomorrow morning I'll get back to working out. I'm also signing up for a bunch of races and we're kidnapping mom and taking her to the beach for a couple of days at the end of the month.

Hi Everyone!

I'm back at work today but not working out until tomorrow. Thank you so much for your cyber-hugs, thoughts and prayers. We are all doing fine. We let mom be alone last night for the first time and I was bawling like a baby when I left. I just heard from her this morning and she is doing fine and had a good night.

I'm eager to get back to working out as I have been eating all kinds of junk. I'm the kind of person that eats while stressed. Tomorrow morning I'll get back to working out. I'm also signing up for a bunch of races and we're kidnapping mom and taking her to the beach for a couple of days at the end of the month.

That makes me want to cry too, I'm so sorry, hopefully things can get back to some semblance of a routine even though it will be difficult to get through. I'm the same way about eating, although my bad foods are not so bad, more like blue corn chips and salsa and gummy bears and a second glass of wine. Then my body accumulates water from all that salt, and so it goes. Hang in there Jane.

Good Morning!

I started out with 25 swings/25# kb. Then I did the Quick Step and cooldown from Dance Off the Pounds. I finished off with Tracy Anderson's Mat workout. Finally able to get through all the unweighted arm work without a rest and did all of the weighted arm work with 3# (I think also a first). I know it sounds puny compared to all the heavy work you ladies do but you literally feel like your arms are going to fall off after finishing Tracy's arm work.

Jane - I'm so glad you and your Mom are doing well. I know it's hard but I'm sure getting back to your normal routine will be a great stress reliever.

Deanie - Sounds like you're all ready to be snowed in! Good luck with ROP!

Melissa - We finally got a king size bed when we moved and a brand new mattress and I've never slept so well. We all have plenty of room (even enough for Max). Good luck with ROP!

Waves to Gayle, Nita and Rhonda!

Marcy

Got my kettlebells yesterday evening!

Finally, they arrived, and just as I suspected my mail carrier gave me a call and asked if I would be so kind as to have my garage door open and could I please pick these ridiculously heavy boxes out of the back of her truck...:D

When she got to my place, she remarked that one of the boxes looks a bit ragged, and wanted to know exactly what was in them. I told her kettlebells, and she asked for my husband? I said, "for me"! The look on her face...haha. Anyway, they came out perfect, those AOS bells are so pretty and in the laundry room I couldn't help but give it a little swing and YA, I am all over this. Today I'm going to put in my first AOS dvd, and Lauren Brooks should arrive tomorrow.

But I've also started Insanity which I've been doing since Monday, although I have to modify heavily the push-ups part. Yesterday I got so p.o.'d about my Ryka cross-trainers, which are all of 6 months old, because they feel sloppy and I bought them a 1/2 size too small, talk about stretching out! So I took them off and did it barefoot, which is something I've been doing quite a bit the past couple of years. I wouldn't recommend it without a good plyo-floor though.

I think I am going to sneak in a few minutes with my kettlebells and this afternoon do the next segment of Insanity. I hope these pictures show up, they are from my cell, so not the best.

And I LOVE SNOW! We have a plenty here and its lightly snowing right now.

Attachments

• kettlebell2.jpg
    kettlebell2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
  • kettlebell.jpg
    kettlebell.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi gals!!!

Jane::: welcome back!!:) It sounds like you all are adjusting well. Great idea about kidnapping your mom! Getting back into racing should be good for you!

Nita::: Yea!! to new kettlebells!! I *heart* the AOS bells!!! I have a 53#er and its great! Way better than the gofit ones I have. ENJOY!!! PS- I love working out shoeless. My next purchase will probably be vibrams, so I can run in them instead of running shoes.

Marcy::: Glad you enjoyed your workout. Doesn't matter what weight you use as long as you "feel the burn";)

Melissa::: Have fun with the TGU's.... and Enjoy your snow!!!! DH and I got a king size bed when we moved too, (about 9 years ago...wow! didn't realize we've been here so long!!!) any way....its a MUST!! we are both restless sleepers (we each have our own blankets so we don't steal from each other while we sleep!!!) and there's enough room for the kids (or there was when they were younger)... anyway, we LOVE it!! I am going to do my heavy/moderate/light days on Mon/wed and sat....but I am sure Friday is fine. Saturday just works better for me, and if I have to switch to Friday sometimes I have that leeway...

waves to Gayle!
waves to Rhonda!

Have a fun weekend gals!

Hi Ladies! Sorry to check in so late. I ended up going skiing today and this is the first chance I've had at the computer. I had a great day on the bumps even though the conditions were a little less than perfect. Thank goodness for snow making!

{{{Jane}}} - I'm still sending you hugs. I think kidnapping your mom is a great idea! You really have a great family. Have a great workout workout tomorrow.

Deanie - Enjoy your snow! I'm pining for a press in the 60's. I may modify these to a more PTTPish program. Mini Nancy is still a pretty tough beeyotch! I am missing the KB's and CrossFit stuff a little. I think I'm going to try to add some short sessions in once or twice a week.

Melissa - Enjoy your snow, too! DH and I got a king size bed when we adopted Rascal (all our animals sleep on the bed :eek:). Our bed is situated east/west, but Rascal likes to sleep north/south so a king size was a must! :D

Marcy - You are soooo not puny!! I'm completely in awe of the yoga asanas you can do. To quote Edina from Ab Fab, you're all "bendy like Madonna". ;)

Nita - *new kettlebell happy dance* You're gonna have so much fun with your new purchases! I do a lot of KB stuff barefoot or with my Adidas Sambas, which have a really flat sole. I have some older Ryka's too, and found that they would pitch me forward when I swing.

Hi Rhonda!

Have a good evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.