T.G..I...F....Kettlebells.....

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today's workout ----> If its Friday, it must be stretch max! I did stretch max #3, my fave!

Rhonda::: Glad you enjoyed your KM class! I spelled it wrong :eek:, its pogrom. here's the definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogrom

Melissa::: Hope my tips helped. :eek:

Jane::: Are you resting today for tomorrow? Enjoy your race!

Gayle::: I keep forgetting to ask.....How was SS overall? would you do it again? and what were your results? I know your dl was a new awesome pr, anything else?

Today we have a meeting at school about next year. I will find out if I have a job or not. Enrollment is WAY down. not just at our school, but all over, unless the school has day care also. We are changing the hours but we don't know if that will help for next year. If I don't have a job, I will have to look for a pt one! I haven't applied for a job in 17 years!!!:eek: I got this job because my DS went to a diff. nursery school where I subbed when he went to school. the director of that school came to the school I work for now (in my synagogue) saw me in the hall - I was there about something else, and offered me a position! so easy!.... so I'm a little nervous about today's meeting:confused: I'd like to stay where I am. the hours are perfect and I am comfortable there.

busy day today, lots of errands to run!
BBL

TGIF, TGIF, TGIF!!!!

Deanie - Sending lots and lots of positive vibes for a good outcome to your meeting today. It's a private school, right? I know a lot of schools in my state (private and public) are also struggling with low enrollments.

I did like SS. I was feeling really stalled on my strength and this helped me break through that. It was good to spend 10 weeks focusing on just this. My DL got lots better, and my previous squat PR was 120lbs for 1RM, now that's 133lbs for 5RM, so I'm really happy with that. The bench press also got better. I'm hoping ETK will help my press. ;)

I would do it again but without the power cleans...probably during some of the cold weather months since it did make me gain a little fluff weight along with the muscle. The program as-is is really optimal for younger folk (Rip addresses this in the book) but anyone can benefit from it, the gains just may not be as dramatic. I will say it got really taxing near the end.

Rhonda - I loved Eat Drink Man Woman. I think it's one of Ang Lee's best movies. I hope your classes went well yesterday. :)

Hi Jane, Melissa and Marcy!

Here's last nights workout:

Warm up: Limber up, 5x assisted pull ups, 12x halos

ETK:
12 min swings 30/30 @ 12kg
* light jump rope during the rests (like 25 jumps)
* took a 30 sec rest at round 8
* this felt really good overall

PTTP:
123x5 - warm up
153x3 - warm up
188x5
178x5
* visualizing "pushing the bar away from the floor with your feet" is really important.

Tonight is TGUs. I may not do the DLs and practice KB cleans instead. I'm going skiing tomorrow and I wan to be fresh! It's going to be sunny and near 60!! :)

Have a good day!

Hi Everyone!

I'm resting today for my 5K race tomorrow morning. I had a good run last night and it will be in the 70's today and tomorrow. It's been a cold and rainy winter. We should be in the 80's right now.

Deanie ~ I'm sending you positive vibes right now. I hope the outcome is good.

My company is really struggling. We haven't even paid our March rent yet. This company is in my opinion...stupid. We've been struggling since I started here in 2006 and they haven't taken the necessary preparations that they should have. They are putting about 30 people through PMP (Project Manager Training). If everyone passes it will cost the company about $18K plus everyone that passes gets a 5K raise so that is another $150K. I just don't think it's the right time to be doing this. At least we got paid today!!!

Gayle ~ Have fun skiing tomorrow!

Melissa ~ You look fab, darling!! I agree with Gayle and Deanie's assessment.

Rhonda ~ I loved Eat Drink Man Woman too! I love Ang Lee. I watch a lot of foreign films. If you need any recommendations, let me know. For the most part I watch classics, indie and foreign films.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Everyone!

I'm back (briefly!) Very busy at work (which I guess is a good thing - it's either feast or famine around here.)

I'm back to taking two-step classes this month on Tuesdays. I've also been walking for 30 minutes from Monday to Friday in addition to my workouts. Here are my workouts for this week:

Mon - 2 pulls; 2 chins; Shoulder High from Power Yoga for Happiness 2
Tues - Tonique 2 Disc 2 - Lots of squats and lunges; unweighted arm segment; for weighted arm segments I used 2-6#. Doesn't sound like much but my biceps are bulging this week.
Wed - 4DS Kickbox
Thurs - Baron Baptiste Next Challenge Level 2 - Lots of standing balances - a little like bikram.
Fri - CIA 2903 - Stepping Up - Seasun Zieger - Stepping Mix 2 - W/U, Combos 2&3, C/D, Core & Stretch. This one's still tough. Core work had lots of plank work (prone and side), renegade rows. Used 5# for all core work. Really feeling it in my shoulders today.

Jane - I hope your Mom's surgery went well. Healing vibes coming her way! Hope your company starts doing better. I'm happy I moved because I get all kinds of news about my former firm not doing well (laying people off, giving people money not to start, lowering salaries, etc.)

Good luck on your race tomorrow!

Melissa - I saw your You Tube video. You look great! Form looked good. I agree with Gayle - I want your abs!

Family history - Ex-DH was Irish so my DS & DD are half-Irish. They have the freckles and blue eyes. DH is German/Hungarian.

Hope you like Lisa! Which one did you get? Warning - She's very fast! I also saw you got Squeeze. I really like it. Also have Squeeze Stronger which I like but only do the premixes because the whole thing (78 mins.) is too long to do in one shot.

Rhonda - Your kitchen looks beautiful!

Deanie - I'm a sagey kind of person too. My old bedroom used to be sage. Our LR furniture is also sage and I'm thinking of painting my new bedroom sage. Such a relaxing color! I really hope things work out at your school and you don't have to look for another job. I had to look for one after 18 years and it's not pleasant. A whole different way of getting a job. So impersonal. Sending out loads of resumes and never getting any responses.

Gayle - Is your kitchen done yet?

I'll try and check in next week if possible. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.