T.G.I.F Damage Controllers!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I set my alarm for 6 b/c my coworker wanted to know if I could do a flight that was coming at 6:30. I checked the flight tracker before I went to bed and time of arrival was more like 4:40! I wasn't about to do that. I'm glad when she asked I said "but if its earlier then 6, you can do it right"? She may have just assumed that I would have did it no matter what time. So when I got up at 6 it was already here and getting ready to leave according to the computer. I did not want to have to go and do that this early!

So the new owners were a no show yesterday. Apparently they did some traveling on Thurs and by the time they got home it was 11 and the old man was to tired to travel yesterday. The owner is in his 70's and looks and acts every bit of it. So guess whose coming today on MY shift:confused:? Although we are suppose to get some nasty weather today, High winds and 25-30 cms of snow!:( I knew it was coming, just a matter of time.

I was home alone last night so I got on the TM again for another 3.5 miles. Todays workout will just be another cardio. I guess another run. Not really in the mood to do anything else.

DD came out and slept with us part way through the night....not sure what thats about but I just heard her alarm going off out in her room! I hope it didn't wake DS up.

Diana** I'm glad to know there could be a end in sight with DS's behavior! It drives me to no end. When we were at our playdate yesterday he lightly pushed the little boy. More like a touch but I knew what he was thinking. He takes balloons wherever he goes and the other little boy kept touching the string attached to the balloon. I can handle it when he is like it with us but I really hope he doesn't start doing it to other children! Could make preschool and school alot harder on us then it needs to be! LOL And who wants to OWN the class bully! :p Not me!

Wendy** Seems like we had the same idea last night. I loaned some workouts to my running partner b/c Im not using them right now and Lord knows she could use the toning up:confused: I just don't get why people don't like weights....I love them! Anyway....she called the other day and wants to order a Cathe step and she asked if there was anything I wanted from the site. I think I am going to get her to order me the weighted gloves. I would love using them for KB.

My arse,tris and chest are sore from yesterdays workout. I knew it would be. Its so nice to change things up some times. Next week Meso 2 begins! Woo Hoo!

I will bb later sometime today!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm planning on starting Meso 2 today. My last weight workout was last Thursday so my recovery week is over. Meso 2 is my favorite of the 3. I like that we completely work one body part before moving to the next bodypart. I looked at the rotation last night and it starts with 30/30 and abs. Tomorrow will be weights.

Last night I had to take Jerod to be fitted for his baseball uniform and get it ordered. $150 later.... He still needs baseball cleats but I'm not buying them until they start outdoor w/o's. He's still growing and already wears a size 13 shoe!

Tonight we are going to my niece's basketball game at our HS. I try to go to as many of her home games as possible. Her sister was in the paper for National College Commitment Day as she has signed with Colorado School of Mines with a Soccer Scholarship. Tomorrow I'm taking a girlfriend and we are going to a Tea put on by my MIL. It should be fun.

Lori-I'm sure you'll like the weighted gloves. I've been using mine for KB as well. I don't think women "get" all the benefits of weight lifting, or they think they will get big. Maybe you can convince your running partner to give weights a try for a month and see how she feels after that.

bbl

Morning ladies ..

another night of minimal sleep UGH ...and I am ILL . . no sleep .. cramps .. and ILLLLLLLLL .. at least tmrw is SAT!!! WOOHOO ... DH is still hoping he will get off these long hours soon .. this was supposed to be his long weekend :( ... maybe maybe he will get off of them soon .. he is dead tired . and I am missing him!! :(

Last night class was awesome .. it is tougher in a different way w/o longer rests between plyos .. but it was fun .. and a real sweat maker!!! Today I think I am gonna work heavy legs in the gym .. and after work do SC athletic step ...have not done that one yet ... SIL is ticked at me b/c I wont go to Zumba class .. but the main reason I dont want to go (besides I want a REAL kick@$$ w/o) is me being a long established teacher in town .. what if I go and I look like a SPAZ and I know some of the people taking that class (big time gossipers and uppity women) .. it would be all over town if I spazed out .. LOL .. total embarrassment ... I think I would try it in another town just to see what it was about .. but not here .. heck .. I have a reputation to hold up :p I am known as the Drill Seargent fitness instructor!!! cant be wimping out in front of the gossipers in town :confused: .. SIl is still going though ... she will do good ..

Lori .. yes seems I have been sore since first of JAN .. I did slack off for 3 weeks in DEC ..but think the main thing is yes I have totally UPPED my effort .. UPPED my level of intensity .. and UPPED my exercise time ... plus the power walk .. have not done it since last fall .. soooo that is why I am hurting so bad from it .. power walking is harder on me than running as far as working muscles ... it burns out the hammies, buttocks and SHINS .. YOWZA .. or it could be I am just getting old and wimpy???? nnnaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh .....:p

Di .. maybe you will get the bootcamp slot .. I will keep my fingers crossed .. sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead .. enjoy!! I am planning a boring one .. exercise .. cleaning house .. and may tackle cleaning and organzing my exercise chest of drawers :confused: that is a whole days work there .. LOL!

Wendy .. glad you are getting in the groove of work and exercise .. and you even found time to do an extra workout yesterday?? kudos girlie!!

Jacque .. do let us know about work .. waiting on pins and needles!!!

OK .. better get to work .. it is nasty rainy out .. had horrible storms last night . . it should be clearing by tonight .. I am sick of rain! ! UGH .. hope you ladies have a wonderful FRI .. and great sweaty workouts!!:D

TGIF > > > TGIF > > > TGIF > > >

So I'm in a hurry so will be quick and come back at lunch. No workout last night - went to a resume/interview clinic at the local library.

Work . . . they are announcing something big today - just in case anyone at work has found me I'll have to wait until lunch to post. I have mentioned my 'attachment' to this site to a few people so can't take any chances. Stay tuned . . .

Got up a little early and did Step Moves for 30 min. - Go Me - I got all the moves this time.

Ready and armed for my day at work - BBL for personals - wow girls you all wrote biggies this AM ! :eek:

:p :) :D

Ugh! The pms monster is here:mad::confused::p Or maybe its the fact that I worked out last night and again this a.m. I think the diet pepsi along with everything else I ate should do the trick! Lets hope anyway. Im not sure how much longer I will stay here. Its pretty stormy out there and of course that means no business for us. I may leave around 3:30 or so:)

I ended up doing 40 mins on the TM (which was 5 miles) and 3 seg of LIC weights. I was a little ticked while doing it b/c my mom called @ 7:30 (she was suppose to baby sit for me today) and was debating coming in b/c of the storm we are suppose to have. Her questions were " were you talking to the babysitter"? (Babysitter had a hockey tournament to go to) Then she says, "what are you doing then?" Im like..."what do you think Im doing...I have to go to work":mad: 1 hour later I haven't heard from her so I assume she is on her way....nope....she calls and said she is gonna leave but she as to be home tonight. I couldn't predict when this storm was starting or how long it was going to be for:rolleyes: So I told her not to bother. We managed to get one of the young girls who works at DH's store.I just wished she had told me last night so I could have had all of this figured out last night...not 8:30 today! My mom also asked me earlier this week if I could put a color in her hair before I went to work today! I said " what? Are you serious"? Can you imagine? Sometimes I wonder if they all think I am a machine! Prehaps I should be lazy, then no one will ask me to do anything!

Diana** Thats a big shoe! Kids are expensive! LOL Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned.

Jacque** Patiently waiting!

Laura** Almost sounds like that Zumba class could be held in this town with all the uppity people! There are tons of women around here that are gossipers and think they are better then everyone else!

BBL!
Lori:)

Just reporting .. lunch: 20 minutes on TM AND managed the heavy weights gym Legs done!! :D that's right fit it all in .. still planning on doing the SC Athletic Step after work .. are the combos hard to get???

have not heard from SIL .. must still be ticked:confused: oh well .. to each his own!

Lori .. the news says this storm system is gonna be the worst blizzard for the northeast in a while .. Wendy, Jen and Di ... ya'll be safe and stay warm!!! they are already canceling flights at all major airlines in the East!! YIKES!!! Stay safe girlies!! We just got rain to contend with .. you should see my hair :eek: :rolleyes: OMG .. it is kinking like nothing you've seen before :mad: :p

OK .. TTL!!

Lunchtime Girls ! ! ! :p

So the "Owner/CEO/President" is stepping aside to be CEO only and we have a new President of the company. He looks pretty young, like maybe mid-40's, but I guess I'll see soon when I get his payroll paperwork. ;)

It will be nice for our Pres as he just hit his late 70's, though he is still going strong . . . he needs to step back a little and breathe once in a while. The economy really made him jump in on the day-to-day business and he was getting tired. He works on the other side of the wall in my office so I see him every day at work. He will stay involved in marketing, R & D and capital issues (like he tried to do a couple years ago) but won't have quite as many headaches or fire drills. The new Pres has a company in So CA and knows the territory we need to saturate for new business. Sounds like a good move for the company. Good for our stock too !

So it sure makes my decision to leave difficult, but I really don't see MY position changing at all. Only the size of the company (mostly assets) and sales $ for the company. We'll see what happens with the interview at the "Pineapple" job. (right Lori? ;)).

Lori - kids do go through stages and grow out of the like Diana said. All you can do is keep telling him what he is doing is wrong and try to find ways of "punishing" him that make him understand what he does is wrong. After all, he is getting into his 'independent' age you know. :confused: Bummer about work and babysitter issues. Hopefully you get the weekend off !

Diana - 13 is so huge and he is most likely not done growing yet at his age. I remember I was bigger than my bro (I'm only 5'5" ! :eek:) until he was a senior in high school. I think he may have gotten to 5'8" or so. What an athletic family you have - nice of you to go to the kids games like you do. Have fun - what a weekend you have planned. Think we will be heading to DS1's for Superbowl. My DGS1 is "Peyton" so guess who DS1's team is? :p

Laura - "the DOM Queen" ! LOL ! ! Sure hope DH is around for you to 'play' with soon. So nice of him to make breakfast and bread the other day. Good for you only taking a taste. Tastes and moderation works well so you don't feel deprived ! At least it works for me. Nice job on the lunch workout - did you do all that and make it back to work in an hour? Thankfully the rain has stopped here so I don't look like a witch ! (may act like it but that is another story ! :D)

Wendy - so you just finished your first full week. Sounds like you're getting more to do thought not quite enough. Works well you can play here before you leave work so you get your workouts in. Enjoy the weekend !

Jen - did ya get all your prep work done in time? Do you get to play lots this weekend? Been keeping up with your workouts?

Well time to head back to work . . . Woo Hoo 2 days off ! ! !

Hi Ladies,

I finally took over the paperwork for my rec ctr membership, and worked out while I was there too!! I did 20 min intervals on the elliptical and 20 min interval on the stepper. My buns were on fire. I had to lower the intensity on both of the machines from what I used to use. It has literally been months since I've been on the elliptical or stepper. OOOHHH, they got a new machine, a step mill. I'm going to try it out next time I'm there. My goal is to get to the rec ctr at least twice a week, more if I can make it.

Laura-I just bought more w/o clothes to take to San Diego with me. I workout in rags in my basement, but prefer to have some decent clothing for the rec ctr and Cathe trip. You should be able to take the high road regarding the gossipmongers. I've tried zumba and it was fun...but I wasn't really following the instructors moves, just followed along the best I could. My legs are missing heavy leg training and it shows. I struggled with SuperSets lower body blast yesterday and had to lower my weights from 50# to 40#, pathetic. I'm warm and dry in CO...saw the east coast weather at the rec ctr today, glad I'm here.

Lori-the woes of motherhood! Sorry you mom didn't come through for you. We were fortunate that we had a lot of family around and we all watched each others kids. It worked out great.

Jacque-I'm sure Jerod is not done growing...he's grown 4" in the last 4 months! I plan on booking my travel for the EB tour this weekend. I'm going to try to get there around 11. Once I book it I'll send an email to your sharksfan email. Have fun at the superbowl party! I think DH is having friends over for the superbowl. Hope you hear back soon from the "pineapple" people!:p

Okay, gotta get back to work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.