T-12 TGIF

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning ladies. I filled out the RT survey last night too, and that's what got me in the "I MISS YOU GUYS" phase! Cheryl, what word did you use??? TRUNKY? LOL

AHHHHHHHHHHH. It's Friday. The first week of school is over. I worked on my family calendar yesterday and if I'm not careful, this school year is going to fly by as well. My boys' BDays are both in October, then there's T-Day, Christmas, New Years, my BDay in Feb, Easter, Mom's/Dad's Day, and then summer vacation! SHEESH! SLOW IT DOWN, already! lol

What are your plans for the weekend? Anything fun? Me....tomorrow I've got DS' baseball game, and then Sunday is my Relay Marathon. Starts at 7am, and I'm the first leg (6.5 miles), and I'm really looking forward to it...but it's forecasted to RAIN

OK...off to a good start for my day, although I was up EARLIER than I planned as TOM hit. I KNEW it would...seems that for every single fitness "event" I have planned, TOM comes: my Disney marathon, my half marathons (all 3 of them), BOTH RTs, and now the relay marathon. lol Whatever! Life goes on.

This morning's workout was PS Legs and Abs. It was my first time since June of 2006! lol I really like this workout, too! When the boys get on the bus, I'm heading out for a run...interested to see how my foot does. I've been rolling on the tennis ball and stretching the calves. We'll see.

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL

Gayle

Hi ladies,

Sorry I did not check in yesterdday! I am very busy cleaning and packing! I hate moving! It is no fun!

I did B & G premix yesterday! Today I will do RS!

Gayle when is your B-day in Feb.?? My DS B-day is Feb.03!! Great job on your workout this morning!

I MISS YOU GUSYS

I will try to check in later!

Hi Lorrie, Amy, Heather, Pennie and Cheryl!

Belinda

Happy Friday everyone.

This morning I went for a 2 mile jog and then did GS BBS Time saver. Glad that's out of the way. Now it's back to work. No exciting plans here.

Gayle good luck with the relay on Sunday. But for now just take a deep breath because it sounds like you're trying to rush through the school year and it just started.

Belinda, I definitely feel for you with all the packing. And then once you move you have all the unpacking. Yuck. Since my DD moved back home, she still hasn't unpacked most of her apartment stuff. It's kind of funny watching her live out of boxes. Last night she had to go through several boxes to find a pair of pants that she was looking for. She doesn't want our help, because then she won't be able to find things.

Hello to Cheryl, Heather, Amy, Lorrie, Pennie and Alesia.

Jean

Hi, everyone!

Gayle, Belinda, Jean - good workouts so far.

I did the first 55 minutes of Drill Max today. It was fun. Forgot how much. Had to stop a couple of times to make calls to reporters. Ah, the life of PR. But so glad I have workouts I can start and stop sometimes so I can workout and "work" at the same time.

TGIF!

Gayle, funny note on the TM - I read somewhere that those extreme adventure races are so strenuous on the womens' bodies, that invariably, all woman participants spontaneously start TOM 2 days in. That their bodies are under such stress they couldn't possibly sustain a pregnancy, so the cycle automatically ends. An unfortunate fact, since all of those events are made up of women/med co-ed teams. Yuck! It could be worse!

Another funny note - starting the St. George marathon a few years ago, as the throng started down the final feet to the starting line, there was somebody's wrapped tampon lying on the ground. The man runner next to me looked up and said "Oh dear - somebody's going to be really missing that!" I had to laugh. even a man could commiserate with the sad discovery some poor gal was going to have when she realized her equipment was no longer there in her pack.

Ah, stuff.

TGIF! TGIF! Have a wonderful day!

Cheryl

Hi all - well - I think I'm officially under the weather :(! Didn't get up AGAIN to w/o, and have been sleeping trying to get rid of a nauseous stomach and pounding migraine headache. I tried to do cardio kicks and was not even giving 50%. Had planned that HIIT on the elliptical that I missed yesterday and also the Squeeze that I didn't do yesterday. Not happenin' here. I think I really need to gear myself up to deal with 35 elementary girls and teaching them a dance routine this afternoon!

Gayle - your run this w/e sounds like it'll be awesome. Run for me too eh? I was lucky on the RT - didn't get TTOM, but wouldn't you know on the 60-mile walk it showed up like a week EARLY! DH thought is was something about camping with 1000 other women - what's that concept called - entrainment I think. Hope the run goes well in spite of TTOM.

Cheryl - isn't DM one of the best w/os ever? I just love it and the time seems to fly by. Great job on getting in what you did. I certainly don't envy you with those reporters calling - I remember it well from my days as a prosecutor.

Jean - really good job your run today, and in adding the weights. I've been focusing on the circuits and find that I really miss the heavy weight end of things. I owe you an e-mail and will get it out once I get myself together.

Belinda - WOW! Time is flying toward your move. I know the packing and moving and unpacking is taxing, but you've got to be excited too! I'm excited for you. I'll check my pm for your e-mail.

Ok - off to shower and get ready for practice. Pennie, Amy, Alesia, Heather - hope you're all good and in line for a great weekend.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hey everybody!

Lorrie-sorry you're not feeling well. TAKE CARE OF Mama...cuz you know the saying..."When Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy". lol Take care. And yeah, something with the pheromones with women. Reminds me of the book The Red Tent...which I HIGHLY recommend!

Cheryl-I'm not too keen on interrupted workouts! LOL But I guess you get used to it. That tampon story with the guy was funny! LOL

Belinda-busy, busy, busy! 10 days and counting, right???

Jean...I did say "if I'm not careful", the school year will fly by! LOL Seriously, it's just amazing how, when you focus from one event/holiday/etc to the next, the time really does fly!

OK...work is done, then I picked up my race packet for the weekend. WHile out, I hit the running store and tried on a newer version of my running shoe which offers more stability and HEAL SUPPORT! YEAH for my PF. I can't wait to try them out!

Gotta catch the bus in a few!

Gayle

Good afternoon girls!

Gayle, I haven't filled out my survey yet but hope to sometime next week. GOOD LUCK on Sunday with your relay marathon - hope the rain holds off for ya! How did the new running shoes work out for you?

Belinda, good to see you check in. Only 10 days to go! Good for you that you are still getting in your workouts despite all the packing!

Jean, nice workout! How is the running coming along? I still have my DD college boxes in her closet - can you believe that? She said she will get them when they move into a house but I should keep them for now.

Cheryl, I love DM too! Funny story about the tampon. Gee, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have TTOM - well after all, I am the Grandma! LOL! Didn't you say you have grandchildren too??? Where is my memory???

Oh Lorrie, I'm so sorry your not feeling well. Good luck this afternoon with the girls! Your too cute to be a prosecutor but I bet you were a good one! I am missing my heavy weights this week too but I know my body needs the break!

Hi Amy, Alesia and Heather! Hope you all have a great weekend.

Jacci, Scarlett and Robert are coming in again this weekend. We are going to her college roommate's baby shower. Should be a great weekend!

Miss ya bunches! Pennie

Gayle and Pennie thanks for counting the day's!!:) I didn't do any cleaning or packing today! I did alot of shopping max}( For Germany of course}( }( The movers are coming Monday! Oh, boy!!! I really need to do something???

Lorrie workout comes first!!!LOL! No excuse, right?? This morning I did RS!

Talk to you later!
Belinda

}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.