T-12 Sunday 8/26/07

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Good morning everyone.

After church this morning, I took my older dog for a 2 mile walk. Man is it hot today.

Thank you to all who have asked how we are doing. We are hanging in there. Of course we see reminders of her all the time since golden retrievers are such popular dogs so that makes it harder, but we will survive. The dog training class that I had her in is letting me take my other dog for a refresher course so we wouldn't lose the money we already paid for the class. I thought that was very nice of them.

What is everyone's plan for the day? I need to go shower, get my car washed and then get some work done around the house.

Jean

Good morning everyone,

Jean a nice long walk sounds so soothing. Hope you enjoyed:)
(((HUGS)))))))

Gayle I am glad you had fun yesterday! How do you like Traecy's DVD's?? I am thinking buying one of her DVD's???

Since I didn't worked out yesterday, I have to double up today!

Time to get busy!

Talk with you all later!
Belinda

Jean, in time might you consider another puppy? Either another golden retriever or perhaps not, whichever would better suit your family to help eventually ease your loss...just a thought.

Belinda, good luck on that double workout. Woo hoo!

I did a good long workout this morning - GS Legs (ouch!) followed by 45 min. TM program. Loved it. I feel good now. Set for a great afternoon.

Have a very good day, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey ladies! Happy Sunday to ya! I wish I was on the shore with Gayle!

Jean, good for you taking that walk! Your right, it is soooo hot today. I'm so happy the dog training class is letting you bring your other dog for a refresher course. Can't hurt can it? What is your older dog's name? My plan for the day is PLB and MM abs, then to church, and just getting work done around the house.

Belinda, I'm happy for you that you did so well with your garage sale! Like Cheryl said, now you can buy more Cathe stuff! Have fun with your double workout LOL!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Hugs to all that follow!

Pennie

Belinda, doubling up. Ouch. Don't over do it.

Cheryl, do you always work out for 1hr 1/2+ daily? You blow me away.

Pennie, PLB sounds good. I need to get back to that one. Our other dog's name is Breeze. She is a 7 year old Australian Shepherd. She is absolutely beautiful. Doesn't mind the best, but she's a pretty good dog most of the time.

As for another dog, I am super torn. Before the puppy we had 2 dogs. In December, the older one who was 14 died. I wanted to get another dog so the younger one who was 6 would have a playmate. Older dog had been quite a grump and dind't really like Breeze much. Dh was against it. He said we only needed 1 dog and didn't need the extra expense and aggravation when we travel. I kept throwing out hints, but was really not persuing it. For Valentines day, DH came home from work with the typical flowers and card. Then he said "that's not all. Your other present is in the laundry room." Now our laundry room comes off our garage and is where we always put the dogs when they're wet or muddy. So my mind starts to race and I think he has found some forlorn dog/puppy in the rain and will let me keep it til we found a home or something like that. So I walk to the laundry and there is this hugh stuffed dog (marked almost just like the one who died in December) and he goes "I got you a dog". I politely thanked him and went to my room to cry. My DH is quite the prankster and he just thought he was being funny. I can laugh about it now too, but at the time, it was too close to loosing the other dog, that I didn't find any humor in it. So then one day in April, we were looking at Breeze through the window and she looked so sad. I told DH, "See she needs a playmate". He responds with "Go get you your other dog" and he was serious. I figured over the next couple of weeks, I'd start looking in the paper and on the internet for godlen retriever puppies. But the very next day, dh got a call from a friend of his letting him know they had golden retriever puppies. It was like it was meant to be. So we picked out a little 4 week old puppy, made 2 more trips to see her to make sure she was the one, and then picked her up at six weeks. And the past 4 months have been filled with all the trials and tribulation of having a new puppy. All the things you forget about once your dog is grown. Good and bad, but all so worth it. Breeze did enjoy playing with the puppy, but Breeze is very submissive so Sunshine definitely took advantage of that and ran her ragged. Now that Sunshine is suddenly gone, I don't if that's a sign that we should only have 1 dog. I also don't know if I'm prepared to do it all over again so soon. I don't know if Breeze is better off by herself or with another dog. DH asked me if I wanted another one which surprised me because I figured he would be happy that we were back to one dog. Obviously Sunshine even softened his heart. So I don't know what we'll do. Probably just allow some time to heal and then decide. Maybe we'll look at an adult or maybe a nother puppy. I just don't know right now. I know they are only pets, but boy do we become attached. I know it will all work out what ever we decide.

Sorry this turned out so long. Consider it my therapy. Thanks for putting up with me. I'll try to avoid being such a downer starting tomorrow.

Jean

Jean I had to put my little Yorkie down in 2004, when my DH was deployed to Iraq! This was the hardest thing I ever did! She was only 7 years old ! I know exactly what you mean! They're like your kids. You do get attached! Take all the time you need to heal! It took me 2 1/2 years to get another dog (we adopted 2 from the shelter!) I still miss my little running partner Pixy!!

Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.