T-12: Good Wednesday Morning

L Sass

Cathlete
Hello fellow 12ers. Hope you all are hangin in there as we steam roll ahead towards Fall. Sounds as if we're all doing ok. It'll be near 90 degrees here today and you KNOW I'm loving that - probably the last 90 of the year :(. So I hope to go outside for a nice walk later on.

Got in KPC and a 2-mile steady state jog on the TM this morning. I did get in Squeeze yesterday and WOW am I feeling it all through my torso today - yum!

Heather made it back and asked me to let you know she's "recouping" - she'll check in soon. She and I will be working toward our respective holiday goals as a team. YAY!

BBL to check in for personals. Just wanted to give you all a good morning shout out before I get the kids' days in gear!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good morning, Lorrie. I have yet to go back and read all of yesterday's posts, I'll do that next.

What are your and Heather's specific holiday goals??? I was just thinking of mine yesterday, so I may just invite myself on the goal team! lol

OK...seems that Plantar Fasciitis is incroaching fast! LOL I've been experiencing some of the classic signs of PF over the last several months, but I tried to combat it with new shoes for all seasons (good excuse to spend $, right? LOL). Finally, though, I must admit to the fact that PF has hit me. I've got more pain in the heal of my left foot than my right, so I've been researching and asking for advice from my fellow Cheetahs on how to work with it. I want to head it off before it sidelines me from running.

School yesterday was SO MUCH FUN!!!!! I loved it! The time flew by and the kids were just so much fun! I'm really looking forward to it again today!

With the beginning of school, comes the setting of my alarm clock at an incredibly early hour....4:40am! lol I like to be in the basement by 5:15 and working out by 5:30...to allow me time to workout, stretch, and shower before the kids get up for school.

This morning's workout was Low Max...IMax was on the rotation, but with the PF acting up, I opted for LM instead and LOVED the sweat I worked up.

Sorry, I have to run...got a pot of roasted veggie soup on the stove and it's time to PUREE! lol

BBL

Gayle

Good morning all.

This morning was kind of a mish mosh using GS Chest and Tris and throwing in some sprints on the TM to get my heart rate going. Now its off to work. I'll check back at lunch and catch up.

Gayle, do a search on the internet on stretches for Plantar Facs. I told you I thought DH still had his list of stretches, but when I got back from the road trip, he had thrown it out. I found several sites on the computer that had similar exercise. At lunch I'll try to pull them back up and send you the links.

Jean

Good Morning!

Off to the gym for some heavy lifting today.

Gayle- I'm so glad that you had fun yesterday! I thought about you the other day when I was reading the different exercise forum I belong to. One of the posters got into Team in Training when her husband was undergoing treatment for leukemia and she actually completed the New York Ironman recently. Oh, about the PF, I actually keep a tennis ball under the desk to roll with my feet. I also keep on in my freezer for that same reason.

Lorrie- That's cool that you and Heather are teaming up! Good luck with the goals!

Jean- Sounds like an awesome workout! I hope that work is good!

Pennie- I have a bunch of pictures from the RT on my screensaver, but my favorite of you is the one with all the 'girls'.

Belinda- My thoughts and prayers are with you as the 17th approaches!!!

Hey 12ers!

Lorrie, good for you - one more hot day - hope you have a great walk. It won't even begin to cool down here until the middle of October. I did KPC this morning too. I'll probably do some Namaste yoga this afternoon and then SM tonight.

Gayle, YAY! You had a great first day of school! I know those kids just loved ya. I hope your foot feels better soon so you can get back to the running that you love. Your soup sounds wonderful!

Belinda, so do you stay in a furnished house on the base until your belongings arrive? Wow, 3 months is a long time! Make sure to put your Cathe DVD's in your carry on! Will you come home for Christmas to be with your kids?

Jean, great workout today! How is work going, are you super busy? I don't have much work scheduled for this week so I am trying to catch up with everything else.

Amy, hope you have a great workout at the gym. I really do plan on visiting some gyms in the area next week. Oh, I like that picture too!

Heather, sending hugs to ya as you recoup!

Cheryl, hope you have a great day!

Pennie

Amy, great job on the weight loss. Have fun at the gym.

Pennie, if I had answered your question from yesterday about what rotation/plan I was working on, I would have had to answer the “couch to refrigerator” plan. I was in one of my “Why bother trying moods” But after going to spin class last night, today is much better. I think I will focus on strength training this month to try to prepare for the new series with some cardio mixed in.

Belinda, great job on the garage sale. Hope the packing is going smoothly.

Cheryl, how are the kids liking school? What ages do you have still at home?

Heather, can’t wait to here about your family visit.

Gayle, glad to hear the first day on the job went well. Here are some sites for the PF
www.aafp.org/afp/20010201/467.html

www.plantarfasciitisbraces.com/plantar_fasciitis_stretching_exercises.html

Lorrie, KPC and 2 miles, wow, you go girl. Enjoy your walk later.

Alesia, hope school is being kind to you. My dd is a junior and she is starting to settle back into her college routine.

Jean

Hi, everyone! Finally breaking for a minute to check in.

Did Muscle Max this morning in two parts - half of it - ran kids to school (there was a rainstorm) and then the second half before client calls started to pour in - whew!

Lorrie, yes, hats off for KPC and 2 miles. That's a big workout.

Gayle, maybe I'll jump in too on Lorrie and Heather's holiday goals team if we're invited... or maybe we can just team up, too. Great idea!

Amy, yes, great job on your weight loss. I'm jealous. I'm still doing the two steps forward one step back routine x( I think I'm down 2 lbs post RT, but that's about all.

Jean, nice workout! Woo hoo!

Pennie, Belinda, Alesia, I hope you're doing well!!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.