T-12 Check-in for Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning! I had a delightful birthday. God blessed me with an abundance of birthday calls and messages in the forums and in person. I started my day with the Body Max 2 cardio blast premix. It was filmed on my birthday last year! I had a delicious birthday too with a blueberry pancake for a treat Saturday morning (courtesy of my friend Rebecca) and chocolate amaretto cheesecake for dessert Saturday night. :9 Yummy! :9 Oh, I enjoyed a glass of sweet tea too. :9

I finally unpacked my suitcase Sunday but only because I need it to start packing for another trip. LOL! I am going to visit my precious niece who will be 2 years old in November. Her baby brother is due to arrive in November, and I want to spend some special time with her first. She is a doll, and I am so excited! Mom called from the grocery store Sunday to tell me about all the goodies she is planning to fix for me. She bought fresh blueberries to make homemade blueberry pancakes as well as the Texas Sheet Cake she promised to bake. :9 She also told me that we will be eating out several times while I am there. This is what I get for growing up in a Southern home! May God have mercy on my butt and thighs and waistline too! I hope Cathe is cooking up a good rotation for September! I am looking forward to eating purely to bless my body after Labor Day. August has been about feasting and fun. It is time to return to a focus on fitness!

It is time for a non-Cathe week. I have been doing her workouts exclusively since Mother’s Day (other than a few workouts at the club) and decided to take a break from Cathe this week and hit the ground running next week after Labor Day. I am already having Cathe withdrawals, but I am having fun playing with Tracey’s workouts. I received all of them as a gift and previewed all of them this weekend. I love dancy hi-lo workouts and was expecting that one to be my favorite. After a few minutes, I switched to Step Sweatfast. The second workout on this DVD is her best in my opinion. The choreography is dancy with no breakdown. I actually did it on the floor after doing Cathe step workouts on consecutive days, and it makes a fun hi-lo workout. I want to try it again with a step. The sculpting workout is more functional with advanced moves like kneeling on a stability ball while doing upper body work, and the core workout is too long and advanced for me at this time. I can tell from all these workouts that core work is her strength, but I am not ready for her core workout yet. If anyone wants to try just one of Tracey’s workouts, I would go for Step Sweatfest. I had so much fun watching Allison in this step workout. She is a ball of energy!

Monday was a day of belated birthday blessings! I received a beautiful birthday card from my father with a money order. I thought he forgot because he did not call me. I was surprised! He left when I was a baby, and I have not seen him in person since I was 9 years old. I am hoping to meet him again soon. The card included this blessing: “May God’s abundant blessings fill your life today and every day.” Mom sent me a beautiful card last week.

Oh, I am sweeter than birthday cake itself. :7 Just ask Cathe! ;-) (It is because I am full of sugar!) :7

Lorrie, I am putting my game face on and getting ready!

Love and hugs to all my T-12 sisters. I am hoping to return later for personals.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning, All.....Yes, it's me and I'm actually up early!!!

Heather- I am glad that you had a good birthday! That cheesecake sounds AWESOME!!! Have fun at home!!!

Today is the first day of a new program for me. I am working with a couple of people via the internet and I'm going to be doing a liquid program for the next 28 days. It also adds flax and some pb, so I'm not deprived of carbs, but just lowering them. I am hoping to re-train my tastebuds to not want sugar/carbs, etc and to crave fruits/veggies/etc. I have spoken with many people who have tried this and they have said that it's not easy to stick to that for 28 days, but when you do....holy cow the difference is amazing, not to mention that they drop a bit over 10 lbs!

BBL!

Good morning ladies,

After my coffee I will do B&G premix #2!

Heather I am so happy you had a wonderful b-day! Tt is nice that your dad send you a B-card!!I am still not sure if I should get Tracey's DVD's??? I been buying so much stuff lately, I need to stop spending money!!! The move to Germany will cost us alot of exrta money! Last night we took my DS cloth shopping! Both my kids ( Alesia and my son Darieus))are off to college this morning! It's my sons first day! WOW!

Have a wonderful day!
Belinda

Hi, ladies.

Heather-so glad you had a nice BDay. Enjoy the time with your family...especially that neice of yours! They are too sweet, aren't they? Good labor wishes for the new baby on its way, too!

Amy-good luck with the liquid program. And, as a mother, I just have to say, "be careful" too. lol How is DH?

I was up very early this morning, as my friend who is a teacher at another district started school this week. So I'm watching her kids today. When they got here at 7, I hit the basement for my workout:

iTread 11, 40 minutes
CTX upper body split (LOVE this weight workout)
I'm just on cloud 9 that my treadmill is working once again. Not one little glitch on this morning's run. I owe my 'friend' a big thank you on that one!

I'm off to shower and have breakfast, then outside for yard and garden work (I'm really starting to dread that now).

BBL to see who all pops in here!

Gayle

Hi all. Well you probably won't believe this (I hardly believe it myself). I actually got a workout in after work last night. I know you're saying what's so special about that? Well, I am usually a morning exerciser and if I miss out in the morning, I can usually find every excuse in the book to avoid an evening workout. Well last night I decide to go to our gym to get some prices for DD since she is living at home and wants to join a gym. So I did a lower body workout including some walking lunges(ouch)while I was there. I also had them take my measurements (arrgghh) since I hadn't done that in a long time. Then this moring I got up and went for a 2 mile jog while watching the lunar eclispe. That was pretty cool to see.

Heather, sounds like your bday was very special. Have fun visiting your niece.

Amy, liquid diet sounds interesting. Let us know how you do.

Gayle, I can tell you're loving having that TM up and running. MOst of us have a love/hate relationship with the TM, but not you. You just love/love it. Too funny about your post yesterday about waking up. You're trying to squeeze as much fun out of summer as you can. You go girl.

Belinda, Both your babies are in college now. Wow. It's hard to believe how fast they grow up. DD's first day back to college is today too.

Alesia, good luck, now that classes have started back up.

Lorrie, Pennie and Cheryl, hope you have a great day. I know your workouts will be awesome as usual.

Jean

Hi, everyone!

Heather, so glad your birthday went well.

A 60 min. run for me this morning and I'll finish up with B&G Bonus abs. Just right.

Have a great Tuesday, and I'll be checking back in later!

Cheryl

Good morning girls!

Heather, I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday! Treasure every moment with your neice, they grow up sooo fast! A non-Cathe week? I haven't had a non-Cathe week in about 4 years! Ha! I think I will order a couple of Tracy's new workouts though, they look like fun! I can totally relate about your dad - my dad left us (all 5 of us) when we were young. I didn't see him again until I was 18. He was an alcoholic so I guess it was a blessing he didn't raise us. God sent us a wonderful step-dad who raised us and gave us a beautiful life! Enjoy your Texas sheet cake girl and then get ready to focus!

Amy, I hope the liquid program jump starts you to reaching the goals that you WILL achieve! Be careful, keep your energy up and let us know how your doing! We are all cheering you on!

Gayle, Sorry about the shore (and here I was jealous all weekend Ha!)
Your boys are blessed to have such a wonderful mother! Didn't you have another little vacation planned before school starts? Have fun on that treadmill girl!

Alesia, Have a GREAT first day! Check in with your elders every now and then ok?

Belinda, Where is your son going to college? Is Alesia back in San Antonio? Have fun with B&G premix! I pray all the preparations for your move are going smoothly!

Lorrie, I finally got a chance to look at your Sparklettes pictures! Oh my! They are sooo cute! Which one of those "little monsters" are yours? Is that your back yard with the lake? How wonderful! Yes, I love the routine during the school year! Much less to worry about when they are in school - especially with a teenager!

Jean, WAY TO GO on the workout last night and on your jog this morning! Now don't you feel better Yay! I hope all goes well with your DD's first day of college!

Cheryl, I thought you had emailed the article Duh! I will look for it in the mail and thank you very much for sending it! Hope you had a great run and have fun with that ab workout, it is my favorite!

OK, you guys have a great day and I'll check back later. I did GS back this morning and LIC cardio premix. Hugs, Pennie

Hi fellow T-12ers!! Looks like we're all doing ok.

Amy - what is this liquid program? Can you hand out some more details? Yes - do be careful honey - though your goals sound great - esp reprogramming the taste buds. I could use that too.! Please keep us posted.

Belinda - I love all of those B&G premixes - Cathe outdid herself on that w/o. Enjoy! I also hope things go well with the move. Good luck to you as DS begins college.

Alesia - how are you honey? Enjoy school, but like Pennie said, but sure to check in with all of us huh?

Cheryl - great job on your run. You go! Sounds as if you're swamped at work - I love that feeling! Good for you.

Jean - KUDOS on that evening w/o. I'm with you on not being an evening exerciser. My energy is zapped by then. I bet that eclipse was fabulous to see this morning. I hope you're doing ok.

Pennie - great workout this morning! I love those GS - all of them. Hope your DS is adapting to back to school - how is he going to do with school and working? Yes - that is our back yard with the pond and water trampoline - the kids had a blast!

Gayle - speaking of kids having a blast - what an awesome mama you are! You literally suck the life out of every single day and opportunity that comes your way - and you are SUCH an inspiration. I'm so glad that you and the boys got to have so much fun even if the shore trip didn't work. Your boys are very lucky to have a mom like you. Glad your TM is back up and running.

Heather - sounds like you and I will be really focused for after labor day. My 10-year wedding anniversary is Thursday so DH and I are going to dinner on Friday night. I'll be ready for next week - like I said - I'll e-mail you baby girl! Glad your B-Day was so good and I think it's neat that your pops makes some connection with you. Who knows what the future holds?

I did Muscle Max, PS Legs (floorwork) and Lotte Berk abs this morning and got in a 4-mile walk. How funny is this - I got a blister?! HA! Felt great to get out again and I love the heat that's hangin' on here. Off to do some Sparklettes stuff and get the kids for karate lessons. Enjoy your day all.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Had to hop on and say that I actually also jogged a mile on my TM. I've used it so long for incline walking that I wasn't sure I could make it jogging again - also unsure about that disc thingy in the back. So I went for a light easy pace and only for a mile. Felt good - too good - that bug may bite me again!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.