T-12 Check-in for December 9-15, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
T-12 Sisters:

Welcome to a new week! I am enjoying a rest/stretch day on Cathe’s December rotation and recharging for what promises to be another super stressful week at work. I am so ready for January to arrive!

I paid the price all week for my Christmas party indulgence last Sunday night. I have another celebration this coming Saturday night, and I am determined to make better choices and drink plenty of water as suggested by Sandra (FiddleFit).

Congratulations to Gayle for reaching a major milestone in her 12-week challenge. Go, Gayle!

Cheryl, have a fun workout this morning.

Belinda, I am with you on the holiday eating. It is so tempting to overindulge this time of year. Are you having fun with the 4-Day Split?

Jean, I hope you are enjoying the warm Texas weather.

Hugs to Pennie, Lorrie, and Amy. I hope y’all check-in this week.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good morning, Heather. THANKS for the shout out! I hope work this week is not as bad as you expect. PACK plenty of healthy snacks to take along with you...feel free to nosh on carrot and celery stix, or an apple or chug a tall glass of water when the stress munchies hit. We're HERE FOR YA, GIRL!!! You are NOT going thru all that stress alone! Just remember we are ALL battling some type of stress....knowing you're not alone is HUGE at times like that! May I suggest something??? Instead of shooting for MAINTAINING your weight till Jan 1st.....how about CHALLENGING yourself and shoot for a small loss...even if just 2 pounds! Remember.....you do not do well with MEDIOCRITY! RIGHT? HUGS!!!!!!

I'm copying and pasting what I just posted at my BFL check-in...I'm so pumped up: (but don't read the first paragraph if you're prone to giving into food when you hear other's food choices, lol)

For my Free Day, I started with breakfast....I had REAL WHOLE dippy eggs with my usual lite w/w toast (added NO extra butter, just butter spray). I've got my last batch of Peanut Butter Choc Chip cookies in the oven right now. I haven't eaten ONE YET...I've been stalling because I know once I start, I'll be fighting the kids for MORE! lol While they are baking, I'm working on cleaning out and organizing the cabinets beneath my kitchen island. I keep telling myself, "finish this little project THEN you can have a cookie". lol BUT WATCH OUT......I'm in the mood for cookies, pizza, and my trail mix! HERE I COME, Pantry! lol

I took (and posted) my Week 10 pics and measurements over at Tracker. I am SO PUMPED UP to see my numbers go down again this week. I've hit the 20# loss mark (20.4 to be exact)! Last week, I bought myself a brand new swim suit...my very FIRST REAL BIKINI!!! I took my pics in it this morning and I have to say I am VERY pleased with the way the suit fit and the way the pics came out. I still need some work on my upper thighs/butt area, but I've got time before Summer! I would just LOOOOOVEEEE to actually wear the bikini IN PUBLIC. I've NEVER EVER EVER shown any mid-drift skin in a suit! WOO HOO!

OK...I'm pumped up..can ya tell? I'll BBL to check out how everybody's doing on FREE DAY!

HEY....................did you know it's FREE DAY?
lol

Gayle

p.s Ladies...I'm very excited about starting the 4DS in January!!!

Hi ladies,

Gayle congratulations on the weight loss and wearing a bikini in public! WOO HOO! That is incredible! Have fun painting!

Heather I love the 4DS! They are a lot of fun! How do you like the Dec.rotation?? Enjoy your rest day!

Have a great Sunday!
Belinda

Gayle, I can't wait to see those photos. Can you point us to them???
You are such an inspiration! I'm hoping to follow your tracks as well as I can on this program I'm on...

I checked through my reference books this morning and I realize this eating regimen is pretty well identical to the Fat Flush Plan as well as to the Eat To Live program except that ETL is a vegetarian verison. So that's reassuring. I've lost 6.4 lbs so far, so I'm determined to catch up with you, girl!!

I found something great you might also like at Costco - a ziplock back of ready made fajita steak strips. Yummy! You can take just 4 oz and cut in small cubes and microwave 30 sec. then use as the protein to top your greens to make it into a full meal. I put a few extra sprinkles of organic garlic crystals on mine and then topped the salad with lemon juice. Yum! So another convenient healthy food option to have.

Heather, I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!!! So excited about the Biggest Loser challenge you are joining.

Belinda, I hope you are having a wonderful day, too.

This morning I did LIC plus abs from the Cathe Dec. rotation. Very fun! Just right for today - and now on to enjoy the rest of Sunday.

Have a good one, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey guys.

Belinda-got your request...when I get a few moments I'll email you more details. (I've got Dave's DS here for a few hours while Dave's at work).

Cheryl-here's the link to my personal progress log:
http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/searchprofile.cfm?id=24459
The photo tab along the top takes you to my pics (Progress Log tab takes you to my numbers).

Gayle

p.s. THANKS SO MUCH, ladies...each and every one of you, for ALL your support, encouragement and words of POSITIVE vibes these past 10 weeks. I know sometimes it may seem that my posts/emails are all about ME, but I certainly do not mean for that to be the focus of my typing to you gals. I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited and it IS WONDERFUL to have friends like YOU who understand my wanting to share this awesome news!

T-12 Check-in

T-12 Sisters:

Good morning! Well, it is morning anyway. I have a fierce case of PMS, and I am tempted to eat anything that is not nailed down and can’t outrun me. I am officially falling off the December rotation this morning. Running is Cathe’s game plan for today. I fear that I might run to Cracker Barrel! It is actually in the 30s this morning and way too cold for this Texas girl. I am not a treadmill runner either, and the morning staff at the club would pass out if I walked in after all this time! I have not been to the club since Halloween, and I do not remember the last time I was there in the morning.

The weather in Texas is crazy this week. It has been cycling between hot and sunny (in the 80s) to cold and rainy (in the 40s) on alternating days. My body is in shock! Thankfully, I am maintaining a positive attitude and keeping the blues at bay. I invested in a light box last year (as therapy for SAD). That helps. I have also learned to be gentle with myself this time of year and keep stress to a minimum. I spend more time reading, watching movies, and relaxing with friends. I do not pressure myself to be as productive. Blessing my body with more sleep and taking time to rest and recharge is more beneficial. I am content to maintain my weight this month. I enjoy treats in moderation and drink plenty of water. I do not stress over trying to be perfect with my eating. And Cathe’s fun workouts, praise God, just plain make me happy! The December rotation so far has been perfect for me because I need fun and less demanding workouts this month. Pushing myself too hard or going to the opposite extreme and not working out at all can send me sliding down a slippery slope into a pit of depression. I am not in the mood for running today or HSTA leg press hell tomorrow. I have not done a non-Cathe workout in months, so I may pull out a Kari or Christi dancy hi-lo workout this morning.

I had a run-in with miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups and Hershey’s Hugs this week. I lost the fight!

By the way, I rescued us from the third page. Where are y’all this week?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: T-12 Check-in

Hey, Heather! In the WEE hours of this morning, I ran into those dreaded Reese's Peanuter Butter Cups and the Hershey's Hugs. I met them on the street, while I was walking the cat on a leash. They tried to mug me. They tried to take me down, steal my cat, and make me eat chocolate. I heard what they did to you, and I took that energy and stomped on them till they were flat chocolate pancakes. I ground them with my shoe till they were just chocolate dust...then the street sweeper came by and took them all away. YOU ARE SAFE NOW! I have made sure of it!

LOL. I'm in a mood...can ya tell?

Heather...I never answered your question about dippy eggs. They are eggs made over easy, so the yolks are still wet, runny and SOOOOO yummy! lol

Winter storm is bearing down on us right now. Schools are closed, and my workout is all done. MMMMMMMMMMMM...what's a mama to do? lol I'm sitting here with my wet hair wrapped in a towel, listening for little feet above me. Looks like I'll be doing laundry, shoveling snow/ice, and playing LOTS of board games today!

This morning's workout ROCKED MY TUSH! lol I'm quite sore from GS Legs (standing) and B&G (floor) yesterday. I went really heavy with the barbell, and I'm feeling it today. This morning's cardio was my newest love...iTread 25, 40 minutes, Top 40. LOVE THIS workout. I laid it all on the line during the highest hill...8% grade at a run. By the time the elevation came back down, I was huffin' and puffin'. LOVE IT ALL! Then I followed it with Core Max 3.

Ladies...I officially have just 8 workouts left to complete this 12 week challenge. I haven't missed a single workout in the 11 weeks so far. I do not plan on missing any of these last 8. In fact, I've been getting up earlier than normal. I've been out of bed by 5am all week, allowing me time to leisurely feed cat, get my workout in followed by a nice stretch, and shower to start the day. I AM GOING TO ROCK THESE LAST 8 WORKOUTS!

OK...Jacob's up now...time to start the wintery day!

Gayle

WOWWWW, Gayle, you are my hero, too. I am laughing out loud at your message to Heather - and I just checked out your latest pictures on Tracker. Looks like you already rocked you last 100 workouts to me!!!! Way to work that bikini! You earned every buff bit of that tush.

So enjoy the snowy day and have fun with those kids.

Dippy eggs. Mmmmmmm. Right now I'm having all of mine hard boiled - and only 1 a day, LOL!

Heather, our weather hit a low of 11 degrees last night. Running partner asked if I'd run with him just 30 minutes this morning. I said NO. I'll be doing the 45 min run on the Cathe rotation from a nice toasty treadmill today. What a wimp!! I will add on some abs.

Heather, now that Gayle has stomped all the peanut butter cups into dust, you are safe and sound for another day. Please enjoy your day, and do keep us posted.

I am continuing to roll on my challenge. With my girlfriend and I both on this, I have not cheated - not even once - not even during our anniversary dinner last night. I had a TGI Friday's salad with lemon wedges - yum - and didn't let the smell of popcorn bother me at the theater last night. Being very strict during the holidy has turned out to be a very good thing for me. It is hard for me to draw the line under such pressure and for me, it's sometimes easier when you just simply say "no."

I'll keep everyone posted. Weigh in later today.

XOXOXOXO! Hello to Pennie, Lorrie, Jean and Amy! Have a wonderful day!

Cheryl

Cheryl-GREAT JOB! I was just thinking about you this morning while I was working my core (not sure why, the core, but I was thinking of YOU, lol). I'm a fair-weather runner so I'd have opted for the TM also! Good choice! LOL Thanks for your comments on my pics. I have to admit that I just can't quite YET believe that I'm getting these results. And I think doing this so 'to the T' during the holidays has really proven to me that there are NO excuses for differing from my plan. As much as I'm looking forward to finishing these LAST 10 DAYS, I'm REALLY looking forward to my SECOND CHALLENGE. Back-to-back challenges...I'm hoping to really lean out and let the muscles start popping!

OK...kids are just hangin'...I may go read my book.

Gayle

Hi Ladies!

Gayle, I was laughing so hard at your response to Heather - that was so funny! Oh my gosh - your pictures are so fantastic - I love the blue bikini! I am so very proud of all that you have accomplished these last 10 weeks! I am filled with joy for you!! I am so jealous of your snow storm but we finally have some cooler weather here and I am loving that! Have a great snow day with the boys!

Cheryl, congratulations sweetie! You are doing wonderful and I'm glad this plan is getting you through the holiday season YAY! How are you doing on the December rotation? I am loving it! I don't have a treadmill so I was thinking of doing the 45 minutes on my elliptical but then I changed my mind and did the double cardio from the 4DS. I'm glad I did because I had a blast and smiled the whole way through! Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Belinda, how are you girl? When will the kids be arriving in Germany? Are you ready for Christmas? I know you've got to be loving the 4DS!

Heather, sorry I haven't had a chance to check-in this week! I am trying to get Christmas shopping and so many other things finished! I've been falling behind for sure! Do you know of a good substitute for HSTA for tomorrow? I don't have that workout! Stay strong sweetie - you are doing great!

Hugs to Lorrie, Alesia and Amy! Pennie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.