Sweaty Gliding Disc Fest Sure Don't HATE That! - Oct 27

August

Cathlete
Wait just a minute! Was I lunging and squating and having a GOOD time? Am I dreaming?! Was I ice skating on my carpet with sweat trickling down my neck?

WHERE AM I?! :7

Oh my, I love the Gliding Discs. I did my Gym Style Biceps today (looove doing one body part a day, too!) and then I decided I'd try out what I've read to be the least favorite of the three workouts on the Gliding Discs DVD - Gliding Fat Burning Cardio. And did it ever burn some fat! Or well, at least it made me sweat a ton. My HRM was beeping away.

I think the fish skin made me very perky today :) . Okay, maybe it wasn't the fish skin, but I felt really energized through the workout, enough for me to follow the advanced exerciser!

:eek:

It wasn't hard at all. It was just fun. Thanks for the suggestion, Michele!

Oh, by the way, the yogurt took the dust out of the cottage cheese and worked like a charm. Five or so big strawberries defrosted and minced, with half a cut-up apple all swooshed in....it was dweamy.

August!!

ROTFLMAO!!! First it was Christi and now it's the gliding discs--lol! I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. Can you believe I've never even taken my Gliding DVD out of the box:eek: ? Maybe I should take a look at it.

Hey, Briee in the Chin thread was kind of poking fun at our "barley fetish". I just posted about it's magical powers. Have you looked up barley on the World's Healthiest Foods website? They can't say enough good about it. :)

I'm sure the fish skin had something to do with your perkiness. I know my DH always perks up after eating a big piece of fish skin:eek: .

I see you're preparing for your DH's jetlag. :)

What?! Poking fun at Magical Barley?! Who dares to poke fun at Magical Barley?! I must investigate now.

Oh yes, yes, take out those DVDs and try out the Gliding workout! The discs totally made squating a different experience!

DH should be on his way to Rome right now. Then he's got about a 10 1/2 hour flight home. I can't wait to see him--I really miss the old geezer. :+

I'm so tired but I'm waiting for him to call me. He's supposed to call before he boards the plane in Rome.

My chicken cacciatore was a big hit with mom and pop. It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

I didn't get to my workout today:-( . By the time I did the grocery shopping and cooking there just wasn't enough time. My in-laws live a fair distance from me, too--about 30 minutes drive time. Anyway, it's been a long day and I'm bushed.

Oh--I probably won't be around much between now and Monday. DH is coming straight home from the airport and we're going to spend a quiet weekend together at home--alone:)

Ah. There. I put in the word for Magical Barley. :)

You must be so excited to see your DH, as I'm sure he is to come home and be with you. You have a wonderful time catching up over the weekend (low growly voice - heh heh heh!).

Chicken cacciatore sounds sooooo good. I have chicken marinating in the fridge right now, but I'd rather have your homemade chicken cacciatore :9 .

Your in-laws are 30 minutes away from you? That's 26 whole minutes farther away than you-know-where. :9 I literally CANNOT stop thinking about the D word, Michele. It's becoming a bit of a problem. I'm thinking I better find a replacement here to satisfy the urge before it gets beyond my...control. :*

ROTFLMAO!

DONUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

D-O-N-U-T!!!!

I think we need to make up a song about barley. Where the he!! is Kate when we need her--lol!

Instead of "On Top of Old Smokey" it could be "On Top of Mt Barley"

On top of Mt Barley
All covered in goop

I'm stuck here

What's a..."cheat day"? Haha, just kidding.

Oh, I love sweet goopy bean paste. But that's HARDLY a substitution for PUMPKIN SPICE DONUT! You can't trick me like that! We're talking a cake donut here. Pumpkin. Spice. Glazed. That's one step better than my favorite glazed old fashioned.

aghahgaghgaghaghaghh.

I almost spent time to finish your lyric, but then I remembered I actually should be working LOL.

Unless you're still awake. LMAO.

I've been looking at this...aghahgaghgaghaghaghh...for about 5 minutes and I cannot discern it's meaning. ROTFLOL!!

I'm fried--I'm going to skedaddle off to bed. Oh hey, if you get time feel free to complete the lyrics. Maybe I'll dream something up.

Okay, at this point I'm babbling incoherently.

Well, I've never had the goopy bean paste thingie so I don't know how it compares to pumpkin spice glazed donuts, but you kept eating THAT instead of cinnamon rolls so I figure it must be pretty good--ROTFLMAO!!

I'm going beddy-bye now. I'll see you in the morning..er...later:* :*

BAHAHAHA!!

I'm sooo having a problem about the donut issue.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....cinnamon roll..........................

Night night silly girl. :)

RE: Sweaty Gliding Disc Fest Sure Don't HATE That! - O...

<---is infiltrating the Hate thread
<---is dangling a Punkin donut on a thread in hopes of luring Michele back to her true home
<---says heck, Michele, there are enough donuts you can bring the rest of your crazy hater friends with you
<---doesn't think any of the <---threaders have an issue with barley

Okay...I'm doing penants for the barley comment.

I will try to put together a barley donut recipe as soon as possible, maybe I'll even throw in a green bean or two. But I can't eat them right now...lo carbing don't ya know!!

Briee (your making me crave Barley...really strange)

I'm sure barley donuts could be delicious after frying them in lard and covering them with enough glaze, frosting, sprinkles etc.

Briee and Robin,

Greetings from the Cardio Hateville Welcome Wagon. Pull up a chair and have a barley donut.

Briee, no need to sacrifice carbs when your donuts are made from barley flour. Barley is a nutrient dense complex carbohydrate with magical powers.

Robin, it would probably be easier if the <--- posters came over here. The Cardio Hatevill posters are about as disciplined with posting as they are with cardio:eek: :7 :7

August, have you located a donut shop in Japan yet?--ROTFLMAO!! Why don't you start up the first donut shop in Tokyo. You'll be a kazillionaire in no time.:7

Attention all haters: I'm not going to be around much if at all this weekend. DH is coming home today and has the weekend off, so I'll be enjoying his company:+. I'll be back on Monday for sure. I may poke my head in once or twice as I'm sure DH will need to recover from his jet lag. Have a great weekend, everybody:* :*

I'm thinking maybe Michele will be doing something cardio with the olive oil this weekend.}( }( }( :eek:

Hi everyone -

I am a little hungover at work right now. I had way too much to drink last night. There was a happy hour for an associate leaving the firm from 5:30 to 7:30 (I had about 2 1/2 martinis) and then I had a dinner party with some girlfriends where I had some more wine. I was definitely feeling it this morning as I lay in bed wondering whether I should call in sick and just go back to sleep. I finally made it into work around 10 am. I hate alcohol.

OOHHH I can't wait to get my new dvds! I saw on the open forum what the special surprise was (won't spoil it if you don't want to know) but I am so glad I didn't cancel my pre-order. I didn't pre-order the first day, but I was pretty early, so I hopefully will get it shipped out this weekend.

Briee - I love donuts. Cake donuts. Glazed, cake donuts. I also love spice. And I love pumpkin. Put them all together and it spells P-R-O-B-L-E-M. I made an unspoken agreement to myself not to eat donuts where I live in Tokyo. Well, that, and more importantly, I can't find a donut shop here LOL. But for some reason, there are TONS of donut places outside of Tokyo, and I go for work-related things outside of Tokyo often. It's now a running joke with my work partner. As soon as I see a donut shop, I scream in a high voice, DOHHNAAHHHTS!!! I hope one day you and I can scream together. With Michele. And everyone else who'd like to join.

Robin - You're right. You fine people have no issues with barley, and my sneaking onto your thread to accuse you was.......well, I'm having an issue with Michele's Pumpkin Spice Glazed donut, and I was taking my frustration out through barley. I apologize. Please understand the stress I'm under and find forgiveness. And please, I beg, no dangling pumpkin donuts on a thread.

Michele - I know, can you imagine, I don't even know where a donut shop is in Tokyo? There used to be one but it WENT OUT OF BUSINESS! And that was back in the day when I would eat donuts like they were...well, like they were Magical Barley. Anyway, have a great weekend with your DH catching up!

Diane - You aren't even tempted to talk...not even write : Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donut? LOL. I don't drink, and I didn't order the new Cathe's, so I can't comment on a thing. Or maybe it's because I'm preoccupied.

I've got more to write but I've got to get into bed now!

More tomorrow then!

Pffffft! "Chin THAT"....crackin me up

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.