Sunday in the Cheetah Den 1/13

trooper15

Cathlete
Good morning to all the lovely and fit cheetahs! Posting from work of course. It was busy earlier but has mellowed now. What's everyone got planned for today?

ShellyC

Time for a little catch up on personals:7

SunnyD- That's great that you've gotten such nice results using TT.
How much longer on this rotation before you can dig into the p90x+?

Cathy- Have fun with you sis! How did the HIIT go?

Judy- Never did get around to doing any target shooting:-( Too busy catching up on everything else. Great job on the iTread sprints the other day. Did you get in some yoga?

Carole- I can't ever recall you talking about yoga before, I guess you struggle to fit it in like I do. I do find Baron Baptiste to definitely be a lot more easier to tolerate than others.

Wendy- Wow, you are going to be pumping some serious iron with your collection. Have you started p90x+ yet or will you be doing S&H first?

Christine- How did the hike wit Jimmy go yesterday? Have fun with Amy today and circuit #2. I'll be trying that one later this week.

Dallas- Feeling better today?

Linda- Sounds like you are getting some good use out of p90x+ already.
I'm still not sure if I want to get this one or not.

I'm between work nights so it'll be a challenge to fit in much of a workout between 2 12 hr shifts but I took a rest day yesterday.
Anyway, I'll be doing the 2 TM segments from Itread circuit circus.. which totals about 30 minutes and is very intense. I'll do that when I get home. Later when I wake up if there is time I'll do Leaner Legs.

later y'all.

ShellyC

good morning, shelly! sorry you have two 12 hour shifts. i hope you get ample time to rest and get a workout in. what is on the circuit circus? is it TM and EXT or does it have weights or the bike as well? i only have a TM and EXt so those would be the only kind of circuits i can do.

okay, time for some much needed personals.

cathy-how was class? you're studying for national boards, right? did you fit in your w/o? btw, i still think you should be hottie cheetah! ;-)

lori-did you get some good iTreads? they are a total addiction of mine!!! and if you sign up before 15 january, you get a free month! :7 congrats on the new TM!!!

judy-wtg on the sprints. i LOVE the sprint workouts!!!

wendy-i think you will like slow and heavy for the most part. i like it, it's just a bit repetitive but i think very effective. i am thinking about tackling it today after the EXT.

christine-did you and wondermutt have a good hike? my brood would love to go hiking with you!!!

dallas-sorry you had a bad night friday night. i hope your nausea went away and you are feeling better.

susan-i am so sorry for all you are going through and i hope youa re not gone long. we will miss you. i keep meaning to ask if you got your cathe calendar. i didn't get a confirmation, so i want to make sure it was sent and received. i hope you are enjoying it and it reminds you of you cheetah friends. it's nice to know you will still be lurking and be here in spirit!

linda-sorry about your crazy week last week. the week back after vacay is always crazy. i had (and still have) so much to do at work from being on break so long!!! it'll all get done somehow!

carole-lol at lemon drop cheetah!!! what yoga did you do yesterday? i have never been able to get into yoga but i am interested in the hip one you all talk about.

so, my friend (the orthopod) said to rest my hip for another two weeks and keep doing the elliptical or anything else that doesn't bother it (NO RUNNING :-( :X ). he thinks it's a bit of bursitis with tendonitis and possibly piriformis syndrome. he did say that if it starts really hurting again after two weeks, he could give me a cortisone shot but since it has been getting better since i stoped running, he thinks it should resolve itself. he also said a lot of stretching which i've been doing.

today, i have some errands to run, i need to do some grocery shopping, i am going to make oatmeal and black bean soup (no, not at the same time! ;-) ) in the crockpot, work on my dissertation proposal, and, of course, work out. i am thinking the EXT and possibly S&H. i know i will be doing some kind of weights. then, my friend from friday night is coming over and bringin dinner (NO LEMON DROPS) and we are going to hang out.

i hope all you wonderful cheetahs are having agreat sunday!

Good morning Cheetah babes!

I think I've had withdrawals from not geting here much in the past bunch of days lol :(. TG we didn't have to go to that show on Sat, but the work days have been long followed by a couple of nights out for dinner. My days are so packed with a neverending "to do" list that, while dinner with friends or SO are nice and I do enjoy spending time with them, it takes up precious time that has been alotted for the other necessities in life. I'm sure I sound like a wet blanket but sometimes I need that time just to get life stuff done. Okay, done complaining now, but I know you guys get it.

I'm *hoping* to get a workout in tonight after work...goodness knows I need it, both from a weight management standpoint and for my sanity! I haven't gotten one in since Wednesday :eek:...NOT GOOD! I'll need something really kick arse. Unofficial poll...Guantlet, Viper or Bosu HSTA? I've got to undo some diet damage from eating out so much the last few days. I'll probably try to get to the gym at some point Monday for a run, regardless of how much snow gets dumped on us!

BBIAM with personals...I hope!

wendy- i know EXACTLY what you mean about the wet blanket syndrome!!! there arae many times i choose not to go out on weekdays in lieu of waking up early to work out. i know when i tell people why they think it's crazy or wonder why i just can't skip a day or do it later. i do miss out on some things but working out gives me so much and makes me feel so good. i just think a lot of peoplle don't understand. that's why i an so glad to have found this forum. to think that i have been doing cathe workouts since 1995 and NEVER ONCE got on her website (i always ordered from collage) until last march/april is CRAZY!!! think about all i missed.

oh well, i am making up for that now! :7

Shelly - Oh, I'm so sorry about those two 12 hour shifts! I could NOT do that. On top of that, getting workouts in...simply amazing!

Lorie - Had to lol at the Lemon Drop Cheetah! Well, on the positive side, it does sound like your hip issue is resolving itself although I'm sorry to hear it will still be a little time until you can run again. Have a great time with you friend tonight! Glad to know that we can be wet blankets together!

Lori - Oh what a wonderful surprise! It sounds like DH is a keeper...even if you did have to threaten him with "the gym" lol! Wow, your workouts have been amazing lately...you make me feel like Sloth Cheetah these days.

Sunny - Nice to hear that TT rotation is paying off with nice results!

Cathy - I hope class went well yesterday. Were you able to get your HIIT in?

Judy - WTG with those sprints! So, are you going to get dumped on too or is the storm going to stay SE of you?

Carole - YAY Packers! Good job on getting through the yoga. I think because I was a dancer for so long I now shy away from yoga because it depresses me to see how much flexibility I've lost since my injury. It should motivate me to start again but I guess I'm just not there yet. Plus, there are only so many hours in the day and I've got to get the major calorie burning workouts in too.

Wendy - LOL about emptying out your dvd collection to make room! Ooh, nice DOMS! Were you able to get for that run?

Christine - Congratulations!!!! Had to lol at what you said to Lori about speaking to strangers vs. people you know...I completely agree! I loved being performing on stage in front of a full house but if it was just a handful of friends/family...GULP! I thought I was the only weird one like that ;) J/K! I hope you had a nice hike with Wondermutt!

Dallas - {{{{VIBES}}}} to ward off those nasties!!! Don't you just love booty DOMS }(?

Susan - You will be missed hon! Please take care of yourself!

Linda - Sorry to hear that post vacay has been nuts...that's the worst! Wow, WTG with the workouts lately!

Hi Jackie!

That's all I've got time for right now! I've got to get to work. Have a fantastic day everyone!

Good morning ladies,

shelly- ugh, sorry about those long shifts:-( . i am going to start the new X rotation in Feb. i am looking forward to it!

lorie(sporty cheetah)- enjoy your workout today. i am with you, an itrain addict:7

wendi- yes i am loving the TT workouts. short and sweet yet so effective.

christine- you and wendi aren't the only ones, i too am fine talking in front of strangers but in front of co-workers..YIKES. i too am so sorry we will miss each other. what day are you leaving to go back? maybe we can catch up before you plane leaves?

linda- you are doing great with your workouts! don't give up on the X, you can do it!!:7 i just sell the workouts i no longer want on ebay.

carole- now that i am clearing out some space i am hoping all of the new STS workouts will fit.

today is a heavy leg at the gym. i need to leave now so i can get in my workout and we can make it to church.

ciao!

Good Morning Ca-Ca-Cheetahs!:+

You wouldn't know if I had all kinds of energy or something! I was up early to get a workout in, even though I didn't plan it. Now its only 9 and I feel like going for a napola!:)

Shelley** You get a workout in before you go to bed?:eek: I don't know if I could get to sleep after that. Have a good nappie:)

Lorie** Thanks for the info. I didn't download anything yet b/c I have been at work most of the time and when I get home there isn't enough time to do anything! Hope your hip feels better soon!

Sunny** HAve a good day!

Wendi** Yes, DH is a keeper. I knew that anyway but its nice that he confirmed it:) We also had supper with friends last night and it was nice. They stayed the night and its the first time I have really spent anytime with her. Its really DH's buddy and they go way back. I was comfortable around her though and we had some great conversations. I didn't want to go to bed but I was soooo sleepy!

Oh, my workout today was a 4.5 mile run. It was a nice workout and I mixed things up with running hills or running fast with no incline. I think I will be heading to bed early tonight!

Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

okay, not trying to be a pain but just wanted to remond anyone who was interested to sign up for the yahoo group. if you go to yahoo groups, just search for "cathecheetahs" (cheetahs was already taken, natch), and then apply to join. it's not a place we need to post, but just to add files or photos or email the group when needed. also, i think kristi or cathy was going to post the birthday list. wouldn't want to miss anyone's birthday!!!

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Today is yoga day. I'm thinking the first section of Yoga X should do the trick...either that or I'll be back on the bosu for another crack at Long and Lean. It depends on my mood!;)

So now that Slow and Heavy should be in my hot lil' hands by tmrw or tuesday at the LATEST, I have a real dilemma. LOL Do I hide it and start the X+ as planned or let the X+ hang on another couple of weeks and dig right into Slow and Heavy for a short go-round? I am only considering doing this cause the X rotation is 3 MONTHS LONG and I don't know if I can save new Cathe work outs for that long with out trying them!? LOL I was thinking of pushing the start of my X rotation back to February with Sunny. Am I nuts!?! }(

Well ofcourse the munchkin started screamin' just when I started posting so I'd better go get him. I'll be back though! :7

> Wendy** I think you should give S&H a whirl first. I
>wouldn't be able to wait that long!
>
> Lori:)

Oh thank goodness you said this Lori! I didn't want to be accused of being the "indecisive cheetah" again!!!!:p :7

Hi everyone - I'm just stopping in to say "HI"!!! I have been off the forums for a while because life got so busy. But, we are back from our vacation in Mexico so I will try to get back on more often.

Love you all and miss you! Oh, I'm getting a new TM, too, so I can start running again - YIPPEE!!!!

Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs

Shelly...I never tried Yoga until my 1st round of P90X in 2004. I did it fairly faithful for over a year once a week.I know when my lower back was bugging me the upward dogs were painful to do so I stopped. But as you know I hate to take rest days I have decided to do yoga on what would be my rest day as I think it is very good for the bod...Sounds like a couple of busy shifts for you. Enjoy the iTread workout and maybe Meaner legs...:D

Lorie...I did Baron Baptiste Power Yoga. I have a few of his and some of Mr Yummypants (whose name escapes me right now??). I think Yoga once a week is a good thing, I have just not been doing it. I sometimes wonder if my hip issue is tendinitis as that is an overuse worked injury and I have had it in other places. I think your friend gave you good advice. Your crockpot recipes sound yummy. I have to try the Black bean one soon. Have a good workout and enjoy dinner with your friend.

Wendi...sorry you have been so busy and not been able to workout, but it is not like you have been a couch potato, you have still worked! Yes, I was happy about Green Bay...hard to believe they played so well in all that snow!! I can understand how you would shy away form yoga, I never understood the benefits until I did P90X the 1st time. I feel yoga is good for the body and also the mind.

Sunny...I am nuts as I have all the workouts I have ever bought, I have just never wanted to sell any...Enjoy your heavy leg day and church.

Lori...good job on the 4.5 miles after the late night with friends.

Wendy..I agree with Lori...give S&H a whirl...:D...enjoy yoga today, I am going to try and get yoga in once a week.

Marcia...Hi back to you! Hope you had a wonderful vacation and enjoy that new TM!

Today will be 30 min on my EXT and then a 3-4 mile run depending on my hip as I know I cannot push it..then more Football!!!

Have a great day...:)

Wendy** Glad I could help you make up your mind:) Last night we went out for supper and when we got to our destination we realized that they closed in 30 mins. Then we had a big chat about if we should go in and ask if we could come in...or go somewhere else. After a few mins of "you go ask" .."no you go ask" I said,"forget it, we are going somewhere else" Then when they were ordering food DH and his buddy didn't know how many wings they wanted and if they wanted sauce on them. After listening to that for a little while I said "they will have a dozen,dry spiced wings"! LOL SO I am the desicion making queen this week!:+

Sunny** Im loving the new TM! I love incline! I think it will prepare me for the hills this summer. DS will weigh more in that stroller this summer, then last yr so I need to be in tip top shape.:)

Marcia** Welcome back! Did you have a good trip? Weather nice? Ive never been to Mexico. DH just surprised me with a new TM this week and Im sooo loving it:) Are you going to join the 12 week challenge thread again?

Carole** Im hurting for the late night now. Its funny how I can make post sound like I am beaming with energy when really Im dragging my feet:)Enjoy your workout today. I think Ill have my p.js on shortly after I get home!

Lori :)

one workout done! i did iClimbs 9 and 25. while i am really liking the iClimbs, i just look forlornly at my TM and pine away for when i can do it again. yeah...poor me!

i don't feel like doing weights right now but i am planning on running my errands and doing it later. then again, maybe i'll just do it tomorrow!

Good Morning Cheetah Ladies!

I’m feeling good this morning! The Pats WON! And the Green Bay game was GREAT!! And I was very good at the bar we went to for the game. We had a good time. Today is ASCII Circuit II and Football! Go Giants!! :p

Shelly – glad your night mellowed down! The hike was fun! Other than some of the creek banks being pretty eroded, the trail was fine. One of the cyclists said that he spotted two cats on the trail – a bobcat and what he thought was a mountain lion – so we were hyper vigilant, but as he had been out for a while, and the sun was up and the trail more heavily used, I wasn’t as worried. We did not see any cats. Enjoy your workout! I hope you get to do Meaner Legs.

Lorie – Send your brood on over – I love hiking with the dogs. I’m only said that Kimo is too old to hike any more – she loved it so much. DH takes her running at the school track – so she can run or sit as she pleases. She likes that. Oh, bad news about your hip! I hope it gets better soon!

Wendi – we’ve missed you, too! I do know what you mean, though. My DH is very social and I love hanging out with others, but there are times when I’m really busy that I just need time to deal with life without having to drag everyone else along. Good luck getting in your workout! I say go for Guantlet – I burn the most calories with that one! I’m laughing about stage fright in front of friends/family. I think it’s more common – there’s more at stake – and if you flub – you WILL see those people again! :p

Sunny – I’m leaving on Saturday the 26th. My flight leaves at 2:07PM. I’ll be driving up from Emerald Isle. I’d love to meet for coffee – just to say that I got to meet you in person!!!!

Lori – Sounds like you had a nice time last night! That’s great that you get along with DH’s buddy’s wife. I like most of my DH’s friend’s SO’s, but every now and again I run into a wife that just drives me batty. Good job on the run this morning!

Wendy – oh you have to do at least a week of S&H to try out the workouts! And doing a P90X rotation with Sunny will be more fun! How’s that for enabling? :p Enjoy your yoga!

Hi Marcia!! Hope you check in frequently!

Carole – I’m with you – I love what yoga does for my body. I use it on “rest” days as well. It works well. Hope you have a pain-free run! Enjoy the games today! Thanks for the info on Sumo Squats! I’ll definitely do them with the bar on my back now. I was a little worried about GB as well, but then they came back. DH thinks they might be able to beat the Cowboys (shh, don’t tell Thomasina, but I’ll be cheering for the Giants today!). I see your DH is like mine – who is convinced that if he does not wear his white Pats jersey every game, the Pats will lose. Good job on surviving Baron for 70 minutes!

Dallas – So far the games have been good. Around here we have a nasty cold going around as well as a stomach flu that lays one flat for a few days. I’ve always felt that if you have the energy to workout, do it, but be careful. Hope you feel better today!

Linda – glad to see you finally have time to join us! Glad to hear your enjoying P90X+!

Well, I'm down 5 pounds, so I'm feeling good. I knew a lot of it was bloat and water weight. So, I'm feeling good. My meeting is tomorrow at noon, so I have to be careful what I eat tonight! :p Enjoy everyone!

Good Afternoon Girls.

I haven't done yoga yet. If I am going to do it this afternoon it has to be soon or it will have to wait until after DS goes to bed tonight. I'll see what happens. I'm not worried.

I spent the morning cleaning and have spent the afternoon working on putting together weight worksheets to track my lifting progress. I used the worksheets in Lanie Fig's blog as a starting point and have been modifying them quite a bit to suit me better and printing them out. I am putting them all in a binder in plastic protective sleeves and will use dry-erase markers to record my weights for 2-4 work outs and when I run out of room I will erase the oldest date and start again. I need to save space and stop collecting so much darned paper so I figured this is a good way to start! The only problem is that the markers are not fine point so they write big. I'll have to see if I can get fine(r) point ones. That would help ALOT! The X worksheets' writing space is way smaller then the spaces I am allowing in the other worksheets I have printed out. I am not great at creating this stuff from scratch but I attempted to recreate one of the X's worksheets with larger writing spaces and it looks OKAY...I may need to spread it out on to 2 pages to make it easier to use. Enough about that though...I'm sure you are all bored to tears...if you've even read this far!:7

I am soooo happy that my cheetahs think I should give S&H a shot before comitting to the X! YAY! That is definately my plan then. I will wait until Feb to start the X with you, Sunny!!!!!}( :+ }(

Well, that's all for now but I'll be back later for personals!:)

Hey Running Friends!!

I'm happy to say that I feel much, much better, Wendi, it must have been your {{{VIBES}}}. Thanks!! I took a teensy break from the Chargers game. Boy, is it a good one!!! We have to leave really soon for a 1st birthday party for my niece.

Well, y-day had to be a rest day because of how I was feeling. This isn't a good time of year for my house. Today, I didn't want to do something as strenuous as spinning so I changed my planned workout to Kimberly's Absolute Kickbox Interval Mix. Love those combat segments!! I feel like a real fighter. }( LOL! Now my heart rate monitor said I burned close to 400 calories!! How is that possible when my stairs workout was in the 400's?!?!?! I don't know the exact number because I started it as soon as I put it on that day. Anyway, that's probably all I'll get done. Not sure when we'll get home from the party.

I'll try and get here before the night is through for personals!

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!! :7 :7 :7 :7

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.