STS January Check In - Welcome All!

molasses

Cathlete
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Here is the check in for those starting or currently doing STS.

I have chosen to start a 6.5 month rotation and am adding an extra leg workout every week (I might need some encouragement to keep that up...:eek:). After a year of injuries and taking it easy I came back to Cathe at the end of November and completed 30 days of X-Train to prep for STS. This is my second time doing the program and I missed it.

Looking forward to hearing from others.

Good morning and happy new year! This will be my second time doing a full STS rotation as well, but I opted for a 3.5 month rotation. I started on Monday, so one disc completed already. Between the Thanksgiving & Xmas, I did an STS/LIS Total Body Recharge rotation (I think Jan 2012). I did STS Total Body twice a week, every other week and it was great preparation for this rotation. I'm starting with heavier weights than the first time I did STS.

And as a bonus...I wore smaller jeans last night and lost one pound between Christmas and NYE!! :p

I'm also reading Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, so hopefully much more focused on what I eat and drink!

Lisa

Hi ladies, I've decided to make the commitment and do the 3.5 month STS program starting today. I was 2 weeks shy of completing the program 2 years ago and I feel now is a good time to recommit to the program especially with you ladies helping me to stay accountable. I've been doing Xtrain mostly with the new DVDs thrown in here and there. I love Xtrain but feel I need to shake things up for the new year.
Amy

Good morning,

I just completed Disc 3 Legs which means my week 1 is done!

I was glad to be alone during the Wall Squat with Ball and Leg Extension because I was all over the place and losing my balance. :D

Hope your week is going well!

Hello all!
I've just finished 6.5 months of STS, and am now pyramiding back down - I've done the first 2 w/os of Meso#2. It was good to get off meso#3 - I got rather bored towards the end - essentially 8 weeks of the same 3 w/os. I'd do 5.5 months next time.
I'm very pleased with the results, though!

I have gone quite a bit heavier on Meso#2 - and it feels good. I'm also doing Strong Curves 3x per week (Bret Contreras).

Lisa - a weight loss over Christmas and New Year is amazing. Well done. I've read Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle over the last few days - great book. I'd love to hear if you follow his way of eating and working out.
Amy - I agree that Xtrain is great. I'll be doing it again later in the year.

Good to 'meet' you all,
Justine

Justine - I'm just now getting to the nutrition part of the book. I picked up a nice wellness journal at Staples yesterday and started to document some goals.

I've previously had the mindset, I workout, so I can eat/drink what I want. I'm really hoping to change that mindset to I don't want to undo all the hard work I've done by eating/drinking that! :p

I did a Pedal Power premix today and will do UY Flexibility later today. My STS rotation incorporates spinning & yoga. I modified a little from what I was originally thinking to add some metabolic workouts. I definitely suffer from too many options, too little time!

BTW - this is my first time participating in a check-in.

Lisa

Disc 15 for me today. I went for a run first (with my dogs). Going back to lighter weights is weird - but I'm stronger than when I first did Meso#2 a couple of months ago. I'm even improving on the pull ups :D

I may do the January rotation after I've finished STS - I'd been wondering about fitting in Gym Styles.

I think I'm going to have to get a yoga dvd out later - before my hamstrings seize up.

Hope you're all lifting strong
Justine x

Hey ladies!

If you don't mind, I'll be joining you. I finished the Nov Legs and Butt Rotation early Dec, then did a few weeks of a modified Dec 2013 rotation, before trying trying to get a workout in with the holidays.

I started STS on Monday Dec 29. We did a Nov Butt Rotation here, which was great to stay accountable .. so I look forward to that here. I plan on doing cardio on alternating days, HiiT, Kickbox, or whatever else I feel like doing. I'm following the rotation in Disc Order, Monday was 1, Wed was 2, and today was Legs Disc #3.

Let's do this :eek:

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Here is the check in for those starting or currently doing STS.

I have chosen to start a 6.5 month rotation and am adding an extra leg workout every week (I might need some encouragement to keep that up...:eek:). After a year of injuries and taking it easy I came back to Cathe at the end of November and completed 30 days of X-Train to prep for STS. This is my second time doing the program and I missed it.

Looking forward to hearing from others.

Thanks for starting this checking.

I did Cardio Leg Blast on Tuesday, and felt OK going into today's Leg Disc 3 workout. I figure I will play it by ear .. I like the idea of two different types of leg training each week, but like you I'm not sure how it will work.

Good morning,

I just completed Disc 3 Legs which means my week 1 is done!

I was glad to be alone during the Wall Squat with Ball and Leg Extension because I was all over the place and losing my balance. :D

Hope your week is going well!

That was tough, but do-able for me .. but the wall squats with the weights on the floor hurt my knees too much. Have to work on that one ...

Supercuts for me today - haven't done it in a while and I really enjoyed it. I'm trying to do one metabolic w/o per week, along with interval training, and a steady state cardio (usually kick boxing).
How are the rest of you fitting cardio in?

Justine

I finished the week by doing FlexTrain and about 30 mins on my spin bike. I have to say FlexTrain felt like a great complement to week 1 of STS!

I'm getting my cardio from a mix of spinning, UY Cardio and metabolic workouts. Then on days when I have the extra time and/or energy, I'll throw X10 in and do what I can.

I completed all the workouts I wanted to do this week...woohoo!!

Lisa

Hello!

I started my second week today and did Chest, Shoulders & Biceps.

It's inspiring to hear that you're going heavier on Meso 2 Justinef - I can't wait to be stronger. For my cardio my plan is to do one metabolic workout a week and the other will be anything from a walk to hiit. You mentioned your tight hamstring, perhaps you'd like Essentrics? there are two examples of their stretches at the link Videos.

Congrats to horsing around and crazysoccermom for completing your first week. Now that you've mentioned the workout, I think I will do Cardio Leg Blast tomorrow - thanks for the suggestion. :D

Hello to str8shooter!

Finished up week 1 with IMAX 2, all. Felt great - I haven't done that workout in awhile.

Sunday is a rest day, but I may go for a long walk along the boardwalk while my son boogie boards.

Finished up week 1 with IMAX 2, all. Felt great - I haven't done that workout in awhile.

Sunday is a rest day, but I may go for a long walk along the boardwalk while my son boogie boards.

I love the music on IMAX 2! The warm-up song "1, 2, 3, 4..." always used to get me pumped. I haven't done that one in a long time either.

I'm jealous that you are somewhere where your son can boogie board, it's -10 here in Ottawa. Brrr!

Sundays are my long-walk-with-the-dogs days - about 10 miles. It was a lovely morning - cold and crisp (but not as cold as Ottawa!)

I'l do 30 minutes of Strong Curves later, then yoga - probably UY Yin.

Thanks for the Essentrics links, molasses - something I'd never heard of. That's what I like about these forums - a great place to learn about loads of different stuff. STS certainly made me stronger - I increased weights in every exercise. Some more than 20%! Part of it must be the courage to go heavier.

Have a good Sunday everyone
Justine

Justine - do you do any warm-up before UY Yin? I've only done it once, but felt like I would have gotten more out of it with warming up my muscles first. I may do that later today.

Off to Dicks to purchase heavier dumbbells for this round of STS!!

Have a great day all!

Lisa

I started STS January 1st - the 6 month rotation along with a "no alcohol in January" plan. I couldn't remember if there was an actual 6-month rotation guide or if we did the 3 month plan twice. I only wonder if the cardio days were different. Otherwise, I'll change it up on the second weeks.

Hardest part will be the no alcohol. But, it's going good. I set my mind to it, so I won't let myself down. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, just need to keep away from the alcohol; it's a lot of extra calories in itself and sometimes makes me want to EAT!

Bhgrl - I'm really hoping you feel better. I, too, am interested in how your weight loss goes during your office contest. We do those where I work, too. It's good motivation. It's also cool to see the men do it too.

That's what I like about these forums - a great place to learn about loads of different stuff. STS certainly made me stronger - I increased weights in every exercise. Some more than 20%! Part of it must be the courage to go heavier.

I agree, thanks to you and Horsing Around I bought Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Also, very nice weight increases - that is awesome!!!

Today I did Cardio Leg Blast, it's quickly becoming a favourite. I didn't buy Cathe's latest but I am thinking of getting Lean Legs & Abs as well as Great Glutes, has anyone tried them? Do you recommend them?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.