STS Fit chicks - Wed Feb 4

Hi ladies, I just wanted to post a quick introduction..... I am Katie, 27 years old, and I live in Harrisonburg, VA where I work as a probation officer. I have an *almost* 4 year old son, Collin, and three furbabies. I am a newlywed -- married last May to my wonderful husband, Chris, who will be joining me doing STS.

I am starting my official STS rotation on 2/8/09, so this week I am just going a mix of cardio and finishing up my 1RM tests. I have previewed a lot and based on what I have seen, and what I have read here for the past few days, I cannot wait!!

Disc 2 for me also! Cant wait....My chest is still soooo sore!!
Hi Katie great to "see" you here!
BBL
Tracy

Katie, I'm reading a book right know that is set near Harrisonburg. "The Wednesday Letters" Ever hear of it?

Disc 2 for me today too.
I'm still sore from disc 1. I'm baffled though. My lats are very sore. What did I do in disc 1 to get them so sore?:confused:
I'm thinking....today is back day and my lats are already sore! Hopefully, we are going to hit different back muscles:eek:

Hey ladies,

Did Disc 2 yesterday and feel a slight good sore :D today. I am going to do Imax 2 for cardio today.

Enjoy the day.

Therese

Mind if I join too?

I'm Chris, 45, married 20 years, with 3 boys: 13, 9 and 7! I live in Massachusetts and have all my life. I'm an RN on an Hemetology/Oncology Unit, I work PT, Weekends 7p-7a.

I was planning on starting STS NEXT week, but I couldn't hold off. I started monday too! I just didn't get any leg 1RM's done. I hope it works out okay just winging it for lower body.

Yesterday was IMAX2 and I did the Abs Circuit: No Equipment (WOW!:eek:) , which blew me away. Loved it and love Cathe!

Today is Disc 2: back & tri's.

Yes!, Cynthia! ... My lats are sore from MOnday too! I thought it was just me. In fact, my chest and shoulders are STILL sore from Monday, today. I hope I don't have too much trouble with Back & Tri's because of it..

Disc 2 for me today too.
I'm still sore from disc 1. I'm baffled though. My lats are very sore. What did I do in disc 1 to get them so sore?:confused:
I'm thinking....today is back day and my lats are already sore! Hopefully, we are going to hit different back muscles:eek:

My lats (and triceps) are sore too! I bet from all the pushups
Tracy

Hi chris! Welcome
I was originally going to start next Monday but I couldn't wait either!
I loved disc 1 I can't wait for disc 2
Have a great day
Tracy

Morning everyone!
Another one here with sore lats.... I'm still battling this head cold and I was supposed to run this morning but couldn't breathe that well.

I decided to do STS Disc 3 - Legs instead. I was still sucking wind, lol...but I made it through. What a great workout, it moves quickly and the variety of leg exercises keeps it really interesting. :) Wow, those firewalkers and the bonus leg work really work those outer thighs, I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow!

Have a great one,
Kathy G

Wow, I must be late to the party, already 2 pages of posts. I have disc 2 planned for tonight when I get home from work, and also the pilates abs. My lats are still sore, too, and a where my chest attaches to the front of my shoulders. I'm thinking the lats are from the side leaning shoulders, or poss the pushups, those always seem to get me there, too. Or the side planks in the yoga abs, those buggers are tough for me. I had to have DH unhook my bra last night bc my arms just weren't going to move that way!!! 10 yrs of marriage and he still can't work the hooks, and he was standing behind me. ;):p;). It must be a guy thing.

Speaking of marriage, I am quite excited, our 10 yr anniversary is Feb 27th. He has reserved us a nice whirlpool hotel rooom w/ a king bed and full body steam shower. He also got the anniversary package, and I know that comes w/ some extras, but I'm not sure what. DS is going to spend the night at my brothers house that night. We have not had a night like this since DS came along and he is almost 8. He's spent the night away from home w/out us maybe 2 or 3 times, but it was because of weddings or concerts and when we got home we were too pooped to party, anyway. We also have a $50 giftcard to Cheesecake Factory from Christmas to use still. We both took the 27th off work, so we will be going to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, pick up DS from school and drop him at my brothers house, and then off for our evening. Hopefully to work off the cheesecake;););). And my dog sitter is reserved, too. So very, very, very excited.

Well, I am off to get to work, I will check back in this eve w/ an update on disc 2.

Nan

NO STS for me today

Disc 2 for me today too.

I got the flu yesturday!!! I am so upset...here i am into only day 2 and now sidelined with the flu!!!! maybe i can do disk 2 tommorow....i also had to say my lats are killing me too!!! i thought that was the flu, but now reading your post....what did we do????
elena

Good Morning everyone and welcome Chris.

I just finish with disk 2. What a great workout. Time does go by fast when your having fun. I am so glad I did the RM1 test because every weight was a challenge. I did use the tubing that I brought from Cathe for the pull-ups and chin-ups. It was OK. I do have a pull-up bar so maybe next time I will try it.

Last edited:
Good Morning to everyone,

WOW!!! It sounds like you guys are all having fun with STS. I love to hear about the soreness. I can’t wait any longer.. plzzzz postman bring me my STS.

Elena – Hope the flu does not throw you off. Hope you feel better soon.

Nan – Sound like you guys are going to have a wonderful time.

Morning Ladies ..

I have disc 2 on tap for today also!! I still have some doms in my shoulders from Mon disc 1 .. no doms in the core from pilate abs but it was a great w/o. I have doms in my LB from my circuit class last night .. did step circuits w/triple sets on the LB :eek: LB was totally fried when we left :D

Nan .. congrats on your upcoming anniversary trip .. have fun!! ;);)

Hello to everyone .. hope your STS day is filled w/good sweat and a good burn!!! :D

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I join in. Yesterday I did disk 1 - tough workout. I had to drop my weight several times from the 1RM.

Today I did the leg w/o. I love this one!!! Because of knee issues I can't do heavy weight but I do what I can. Tomorrow I will do #2. Next week I will start Mon - Wed - Thur rotation.

Hi everyone,
I did disc 1 yesterday, just a little sore in the chest from the pushups, probably because I had to do most of them on my knees due to a nagging shoulder "clicking". Cardio today will be LIS step + 2 mile treadmill run followed by one of the ab circuits.
I am psyched about this rotation. I have several rounds of P90x and P90x+ under my belt and am so grateful Cathe developed STS

Brenda in Indiana

Hello. I'd like to join in, too.
My name is Michelle. I live in a suburb of Illinois and have 2 children.

I started STS on Saturday, and have completed disks 1 thru 3. I did disk 3 (legs) on Sunday and am still a little sore! I just did disk 2 this morning, so we'll see what soreness follows....

I'm really enjoying the series so far. The exercises are challenging, and the production is terrific. I've never joined a check-in, but I think this might help me stay on track.

Have fun everyone!

Michelle

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

And welcome to you Michelle!

Finished up Disc 2: Back & Triceps earlier. I feel like the 1RM's REALLY pushed me on the weight #'s I used. I hardly ever get DOMS in my back, but I think I may tomorrow. In fact, it's a bit sore now!

Loved the workout, though. I did Pull Ups/Chin Ups for the first time with it. I used my barbell on top of my weight bench for it and kept my FEET on the bench and it was TOUGH. Do you guys do those regularly? And what did you use?

Anyone else NOT do 1RM's for legs and 'winging it'?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.