STS Fit chicks Saturday Feb. 28

Dela

Cathlete
Good morning!

I think many of us on this thread are moving into our recovery weeks, although after today's workout, I certainly would not classify it as "recovery" at all. I did 2 back to back kickbox classes this morning, and I am totally spent. Tomorrow is going to be a full 100% rest day. Then next week will be a couple of kb classes, and probably nothing wednesday thru Saturday while I'm away.

Enjoy the weekend! And for those in the Northeast, enjoy what's left of this nice weather, I hear it's going to get wintery again soon. :(

Happy Saturday!!!

Yeah, rest week, right! I plan on some fun cardio this week. I did CCPP this morn as it was CCPP Sat, but I'm going to choose as I go the rest of the week. My butt is a bit sore from Disc 12, but not much. Nowhere near the other leg discs, which is funny, bc that one was tough!! Of course, now that I get used to it, I hit a rest week, and switch it up again with Meso 2. I guess that would be the "Shock" in STS:D:D:p

We enjoyed our anniversary yesterday. I brought home a huge pile of food from the Cheesecake Factory. I swear there were at least 4 meals in that plate of pasta. I was full by the time I finished off the garden salad I started with. It was dang near the whole garden in the bowl! We brought home the cheesecake - Godiva choc truffle - and will share that tonight. Out suite last night had cupcakes and champagne for our anniversary. Yes, I at cupcakes and booze for dinner. Cathe would be appalled. I will enjoy my half of the cheesecake tonight and back on the food wagon. I do firmly believe that we al lought to eat what we like, and there is room for everything in our diets. Just gotta keep it in check!

Happy weekend,
Nan

Ooohhhh cupcakes and booze, awesome!

Those pasta dishes at CF are seriously ginormous! But pretty tasty, huh?

I survived and completely completed MESOCYCLE #1 rotation!

I did 4DS: Kickboxing, and then did Cathe's "Quick Fix Cardio" AND 4DS:KB Abs. I wore my iPod and listened to my running songs while I did the quick-fix cardio. It was weird, but I worked up a good sweat and was breathing so hard, DH had to move out of the room (he was trying to pay bills... LOL!)

My body is REALLY needing a rest. It's so weird. I've never felt this tired from a month of a rotation before. My body just is achey in all the different spots that were worked. Oddly enough, no big DOMS from Disc 12: Legs yesterday That's another weird thing!! (But a good thing for going to work tonight).

Dela: I'm in the Northeast and yes, we're expecting snowy weather the next few days. ACK! But Daylight Savings Time Spring Forward is next weekend, and that will surely perk me up! :eek:

Nan: Your anniversary celebration sounds wonderful! You have the right attitude towards food, I wish I did! I overindulge, and can never limit myself. HATE that! My legs aren't really feeling it so much from DISC 12 either. Weird. But you're probably right! This is the SHOCK of STS!

Anyone else achy all over? I never experienced this before, don't know if it's "normal" of if I should call the doctor! LOL

Hi everyone,

Chris - I hope you feel rested after a few days. I've felt the need for more sleep, too, and actually took a nap after work yesterday.

Nan - It sounds like you had a great anniversary celebration. Cupcakes and champagne - what a combination! I hope you enjoyed your cheesecake this evening. The Cheesecake Company also owns a chain called Grand Luxe Cafe. There is one in downtown Chicago that we like to go to celebrate special occasions.

Dela - Way to go on the back-to-back kickbox classes! I did KPC today; it's the first time I did the entire program (usually do the premixes). It felt good.

Michelle

hi ya'll, i am going into rest week next week, too. and chris, i hear ya. i have been achy too. but, these are really hard and different workouts. but, i love em! i am looking forward to recovery though. what are ya'll doing for your recovery week?
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.