STS-Fit Chicks 4/17

looking good

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

Well I went to do IMAX 2 last night and ended up reaching for MIC instead. WOW:eek: I have not done that one in a longgggggggg while. Forgot how tough this one. My hubby walked in the room when I was doing it and he said WOW look how young Cathe is when was that made. I said look Ceidi is the only one in the video that you still see today. This one kick my butts in ALL the right places ;).

Today will be my biceps and shoulders. I'm a little nervous because shoulders are my weakness :confused: but have definitely seen improvement.

Going to be a beautiful day here in NY in the 70's:D yeah!!!!!

Enjoy the day ladies.

Therese

Hello
Today is cardio so it will be my advanced step class at the gym and later I will do one of the ab circuits. Therese, thanks for the remminder of how tough MIC is, I will pull it out this weekend and give it a whirl.
Tomorrow will start week 2 of Meso 3. I have trouble with the incline chest press because of the way my bench and weight stand are situated. When the bench is inclined, I have to reach way back beyond my head to get to my barbell so I unload the barbell before I sit down and do a press to get into starting position. Last week I was challenged from the very beginning to get all 8 reps in so I am curious to see how well it will go this week.
I can't believe we are so deep into this rotation!! It seems like forever ago we were all sweating through those darn pushups. What are your plans for after STS? I am thinking about taking a break for a couple of weeks and do Gym Style DVDs and then go back into it again.
It is going to be warm and sunny today so I will be outside mowing. Enjoy the day!!

Brenda in Indiana

Hey Brenda, :D

Welcome Back :). Your vacation sounded wonderful. I hear you on the incline bench presses. I don't have a weight stand so I have to lift it from the floor...I consider it an extra rep :p. I have to say this week I had serious DOMS in my chest. Have not had DOMS like that since the beginning. Will see after today what my biceps and shoulders have to say to me. :p

Therese

Good morning CHICKIES! I DID IT! I made it through Disc 37! My DH made a fabulous human squat stand also! I squatted ALL of the exercises with 80 lbs! 80 LBS! I have NEVER done that before...EVER! I am so proud of myself this fine morning! DH did quite well too. This morning I am wearing my STS t-shirt for the very first time and it fits beautifully! :)
I think Therese is quite brave! MIC is HARD! :) But you did it!
I agree that the bar positioning for incline presses is SO hard. DH is using the bench and I am using the step. This week was very hard for me to safely get that weight up. Aren't you SO surprised on how much weight you are capable of pressing, etc. I was so shocked last night!
After this rotation, I am definitely repeating it. We haven't decided whether we will do another 3.5 or the 6.5 rotation.
We both love STS and the results have been fabulous.
Happy Friday to all...it is our off day! WHOOOHOOOO

Today is #27 for me. Bi/Tri/Shoulders. Looks like we've got upper body trisets today. Workout card looks doable, but you know how Cathe is. It looks easy on paper, but then not.so.much.

Therese, congrats on the bravery with picking (and finishing) MIC instead of IMAX2. That is a toughie!!! One I should reach for more often, but I'm a bit chicken:eek:

Melissa, Yay!!! upping the squats for you, and a new personal best weight. STS works, doesn't it?

Its a beautiful day here, too. Close to 70 today and sunshiney. I think I'll take the dogger for a stroll after STS. And then he'll get his after dinner stroll, too. I will have a happy dogger today:) Plus, he'll conk out and sleep good tonight, which means I'll sleep good. He sleeps on the floor by my side of the bed.

Have a wonderful Friday!
Nan

Nan, you made me LOL regarding "happy dogger" today! Our two are the same! Since today is our "off" day, they will get happy dogger time too! :) Maybe the 3 am wakeup call by Zeus won't happen tomorrow morning either! :) Have a great day and wonderful weekend!

Just out of curiousity...what are the rest of you squatting? I cannot tell what Cathe is squatting and I have spent years gauging my performance on what she lifts (I know it is stupid). I know that she is 6 inches shorter than me and I refuse to lift less than her. DH says that it appeared that she was squatting with 65 lb...pure guess though.

Melissa, Nan and Brenda

I had 61 on my bar and 10lb weight vest....so 71pd total. High fives on 80 lbs.....

Did Disc 27 not so bad the easiest for me out of the three this week. Then I did 20 minutes of Imax 2 blast only.

Therese

That's good to know Therese! Thanks for sharing. It is so hard to gauge progress when none of the women on Cathe's STS crew are my height. :)

Melissa how tall are you? I'm 5'4"....I could probably squat more but I would have a HARD time getting it up and over my head :confused:

Nice to see what other are doing just as a gage for me.

Therese

Nan, you made me LOL regarding "happy dogger" today! Our two are the same! Since today is our "off" day, they will get happy dogger time too! :) Maybe the 3 am wakeup call by Zeus won't happen tomorrow morning either! :) Have a great day and wonderful weekend!

Just out of curiousity...what are the rest of you squatting? I cannot tell what Cathe is squatting and I have spent years gauging my performance on what she lifts (I know it is stupid). I know that she is 6 inches shorter than me and I refuse to lift less than her. DH says that it appeared that she was squatting with 65 lb...pure guess though.

I can do about 70lbs, that's all I can get over my head. I feel I could do more, but I don't have a squat rack, and have never combined the bar with the vest for squats. I never needed to for Meso 1 or 2, so I just haven't tried. DH won't be a human squat rack for me. He has a "thing" with women and heavy weights. He doesn't bother me about it, he just won't participate. But he did buy me my vest for Xmas. :) My 1st Cathe was MM, and I bought that (I think) in 2007, and the 40lb squats she does were impossible. So, I have made progress. I am bigger than her, though. I am about 5'8", but I'm pretty sure she is stronger than me.

Nan

Therese,

I am 5'6". I could have lifted more I think. I am lucky in that DH is patient and serves as my human squat stand. :)
Melissa how tall are you? I'm 5'4"....I could probably squat more but I would have a HARD time getting it up and over my head :confused:

Nice to see what other are doing just as a gage for me.

Therese

Nan,
The vest definitely helps but when you get to the weight you can't lift over your head, you definitely need the squat rack or a spotter. :( I consider having my DH is a blessing; he is patient, understanding and motivational.
You are not alone on lifting lower on her endurance weight workouts. I could NEVER DREAM of lifting this heavy during low ends or sit and stands. That would be so out of control. LOL!

I can do about 70lbs, that's all I can get over my head. I feel I could do more, but I don't have a squat rack, and have never combined the bar with the vest for squats. I never needed to for Meso 1 or 2, so I just haven't tried. DH won't be a human squat rack for me. He has a "thing" with women and heavy weights. He doesn't bother me about it, he just won't participate. But he did buy me my vest for Xmas. :) My 1st Cathe was MM, and I bought that (I think) in 2007, and the 40lb squats she does were impossible. So, I have made progress. I am bigger than her, though. I am about 5'8", but I'm pretty sure she is stronger than me.

Nan

I am squatting with 75lbs at home but at the gym using the squat stand with safety catches I squat 110lbs. I think the mechanics of the squat stand with the bar gliding up and down on the stand make it easier to lift heavier. Whenever I use the squat rack at the gym I feel I am pushing the weights up away from the floor but I don't have to worry so much about stablizing the core to maintain good form. I think i get a better overall workout using a barbell on my shoulders, but this meso I want to really get deep into my glutes (despite having a VERY TENDER right hamstring) so I am heading to the gym on squat rack days.
Brenda in Indiana

Good evening everyone,

No STS today. I was home today and took advantage of the free time. I went shopping for new running shoes and tried them out this afternoon (very comfy!). What a beautiful day.

I am very impressed with the heavy weights that all of you use for squats.

Melissa, that is great that your husband fills in as a human squat stand. My husband and son have helped out a couple times on the incline presses. I agree with you, Brenda and Melissa, that it is difficult to get the barbell up and down. I use my step on an incline, and have no stand. I have figured a way to get down onto the step okay, but it is tough to get the barbell back on the ground afterwards.

Brenda, your trip to Mexico sounds wonderful. We were in Cozumel for a day during our cruise a couple weeks ago. Beautiful.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.