STS fit chicks 04/16

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Hey Ladies!!

Yesterday was my 1st plyo legs. I did well:D:D:D And I had fun with it. It was a toughie, though. I was a little :confused::eek::confused: about the jumps onto the 12 inch step, I thought I was going to splat on my nose, but I made it!!!! That boosted my confidence for the rest of the workout. I found the rotation squat jumps to be the toughest. They felt like they went on forever. I also noticed that the cardio was short enough, that the heavy breathing really didn't kick in till right at the end, and carried thru to the beginning of the wt section, which made the weights tougher!! I was actually dreading the wts and looking forward to the cardio by the time I got to the middle of the workout. I thought it was funny when Cathe said something about 7 Up and then soda. I was thinking "no, its pop" and then she comes back with something about some of us (the one who are right:p) calling it pop.

Today I just did the step only from LM. And Yoga Abs. I didn't think my legs/butt were sore, but they were a bit tired on the 8 inch step and I notice my butt is sore when I sat on the hard floor for abs. Not terribly sore, I can walk and move, so that's good. Just seems to be the hard surfaces.

Well, I need to get motorin' Have a splendiferous day!!

Nan

ETA: Brenda, how was Mexico??

Hey Nan,

Sorry for the late check in today....out very early today to make sales calls. Well I did the squat rack version and did well. My legs are ok today no DOMs to speak of. Going to do Imax 2 tonight. I really like the Plyos they are fun and go by fast but sure do get that heart rate up. I loved all your smile faces...:D make me chuckle.

Therese

Hi everyone! I've been missing the check-in for a few weeks (vacation, work, etc.), but I've stayed on track with STS.

Nan, it sounds like you have been having great success with STS. The plyo legs are hard but fun, right? Good for you on handling the 12 inches; there are a few exercises where I've lowered it to 3 risers due to lack of confidence in my ability to avoid falling! I think the 2nd week of plyo was one of the hardest workouts I've done. What a sweatfest! I just completed week 3 plyo this morning. It didn't seem quite as tough until I hit the "One Leg Squat Thrusts". Wow... I really struggled with these, especially on my left leg. I felt very uncoordinated. I'll be curious to hear how everyone else deals with these.

I can't believe we're in the home stretch of Meso 3.

Michelle

Hey Nan and Therese! Wow this has been a crazy, busy day! Tonight we have our first squat rack disc. I am a tad scared but I know that I can do it. DH is dreading it; the poor thing! Last night we did the same workout you did, Nan. I enjoyed Nan's faces too! :)

Hi Therese. I missed your post while typing mine. Congrats on the squat rack version. I want to try that at some point.

Michelle

Hi Girls!

Nan: I also did PLYO LEGS for the first time yesterday and felt SOOO many of the same things you already typed! :eek: First of all, I went into this workout fatigued from little sleep, so I think that made it harder for me. But I totally felt the same way, the rotation squat jumps KILLED me, and I pooped out on those towards the end. Didn't help the first set I chose to hold 8 LBS! Dumb move! LOL!. I also felt like I couldn't give me all to the weight work, because i was tired out from the Plyo stuff. And I really doubted I would have DOMS from it. Today, i started off with just a little soreness in my buttocks, but it's progressed, ALOT, and I'm now grimacing/moaning when I use the bathroom!! :eek: Cathe came out with some good comments, I love her, she truly makes me smile when I most want to cry and pick up my toys and go home!! LOL!

Today I did LIC Cardio Blast Premix. FUN FUN FUN! I haven't done that one in forever, in fact, forgot some of the moves. I loved it. My legs ACHED on the 7 knee repeaters though. And to add insult to injury, I went to the park and did a 30 minute run. I *HAD* to... it's SOOO nice out today! I felt my butt EVERY time my foot hit the ground, but I ran through it. Oh, i also did Yoga Abs Circuit!

Michelle: You're in week #3?? Wow, you are towards the end. What do you plan on doing next?

Melissa: You can SO do Squat Rack Legs.. YOU CAN!!!

great job everyone!!!!

Hey Michelle,

Welcome back....:)....glad you are still on pace with the rest of us. Love to hear everyone war and success stories.

Melissa - Good luck to you and hubby tonight. I know I could have squated more but had a hard time getting any more weight up and over my shoulders. I did 61 on the bar plus the 10 pd weight vest.

Brenda----did you have to many of those umbrella drinks in Mexico??? Are you missing in action???

Therese

Hello Everyone!!
I toasted all of the fit chicks with margaritas and did have an umbrella drink at a great little beach bar in Playa Del Carmen. We enjoyed it so much my husband has taken the first steps to sell our rental properties so we can get a vacation place down there. It was a wonderful leisurely week.... something we desperatly needed.
I have completed the first week of Meso 3 and did both the Plyo and Squat Rack Legs. I am so happy with the strength and definition I have gained these last few months. It was fun (and really weird) to get looks at the pool from people young enough to be my children. I was in pretty good shape before STS but now I am getting much better "cuts" in my arms and legs.
Wow, next week we increase the weights again. That will be interesting. I hope I can move my arms after the upper body workouts.
Brenda in Indiana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.