Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

STS BODYROCKERS MONTH OF FEBRUARY

This is a discussion on STS BODYROCKERS MONTH OF FEBRUARY within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning. I debated posting here this morning considering it's the weekend and you girlies have been MIA on weekends ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 AM
DeCathelete

Good Morning.

I debated posting here this morning considering it's the weekend and you girlies have been MIA on weekends lately.

No work out to report yet. Too early on a Saturday for that! Not home yet anyway...spent the night at DH's cousin's house dog sitting. If the storm hadn't come we wouldn't have stayed but it would have been tough to travel between the two houses to take care of the dog during a snow/ice storm.

Storm seems to be over...we got dumped on pretty good! DH is outside shoveling or we'll never get outta here to go home!

I have an 11am appointment to intern today but I told the guy it was weather permitting when I made it. I guess our ride home will tell us if the weather "permits" it or not but some how I doubt it.

Wiggie:: I personally don't find torture sessions like the ones in Insanity or Asylum to be FUN. LOL I term them as CHALLENGING. I do them when I want to get my azz kicked all over the place but they aren't FUN. No way! Love your reasoning as to why I feel like I'm slacking when I don't finish all of the reps in a ZCut work out! Makes sense to me!

K, that's all for now...I'll BBL to check on y'all but if I don't see anyone here I may not post until Monday though...

Ciao!

Wendy
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Cathlete
ricklyk1's Profile Fields

Hello beauties!

Look! I'm posting on a weekend. Aren't ya proud of me Wendy?

I rested yesterday (thank goodness, it was much needed) and I haven't worked out yet today. But I will, I promise. I'm starting Meso 3 today and I think the first workout is Chest and Back. I'm a little nervous because DH isn't here to spot me, but I think I'll be okay.

Wendy: I've been thinking about you! I can't believe your area is getting hit yet again but another power storm. Be extra careful driving home. Hopefully you've got power!! Have fun interning today, if that happens of course. Yikes, that Asylum workout sounds crazy tough. WTG girlie!!

Wiggie: Good luck selling STS! I know all of those websites can be confusing. Great job surviving Afterburn. I'm looking forward to getting back to circuit-style workouts after I finish up STS.

Now is the time for guts and guile.
- Elizabeth Taylor
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Cathlete

Just popping back in to report I completed my workout - Meso 3, Disc 25 (chest/back). Felt fantastic!! The long breaks kill me, so I did abdominal workout during each break. Well, not every single break, but probably about 2/3. The ab work makes the workout go by faster, plus it kicks up my heart rate so i'm sweating like crazy.

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!

- Elizabeth Taylor
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM
DeCathelete

OMG...It's a miracle...It's a Saturday and KATIE POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So I am going to be venturing on to a new rotation come Monday morning that I hope I don't regret. The Asylum 1 and 2 hybrid!!!

Today I will do A2's leg work out b/c I want to work legs anyway and this way I can try it out. I was told A1 is a harder series then A2. That intrigues me and I want to see if I agree so the hybrid rotation is a great way to find out...if it doesn't kill me first, that is!!!

This morning when we returned from DH's cousin's house, the boys went sledding and I cleaned the house, did some laundry, ate lunch and promptly passed out. I was sooo tired from not getting enough sleep last night. I ended up sleeping too long though so now I'm chugging coffee so I can get my arse in gear for my work out!

Katie:: Great job getting your first M3 work out done and adding ab work to the rest periods too? You rock! Also happy that you didn't get stuck underneath a heavy barbell with DH not being home! We got snow here (probably 10"??) but not nearly the amounts that came down north of here! Some parts of the northeast about 2.5 feet!!!! 10" was enough to cancel my intern appointment though so we have to work on rescheduling that soon....

Okay, enough yammering on here...I'll BBL to report how painful my Shaun T. leg work out was!

Ciao!

Wendy

Last edited by Fit_mommy; 02-09-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Cathlete
wiggie's Profile Fields

Hello Ladies!!

Friday's workout was Combat 60 Live & Saturday's was Shape it Up. My thighs were burning during both, love it!! That's exactly were I need to feel the burn.

Wendy: So glad you survived the storm!! I'm sure you weren't the only one that didn't make it to the gym that day! So you got Asylum 1 & 2, let me know if you like A2. If you do I might have to get that one.

Katie: Great job on M3!! Ab work during the break, I used to feel like I neede to do something also. Sometimes I would ride my bike during the breaks, not all the time though.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Cathlete
wiggie's Profile Fields

Happy Sunday!!

Today's workout so far was Step & Intervals from CTX. I should of added a second riser, to make it tougher. We didn't go to church today, DH wasn't feeling well.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Cathlete
wiggie's Profile Fields

Hello Again!!

I decided on 10-10-10 as my second workout, just the cardio. I haven't done that one in a while, the hi-lo was so tough for me. No problem now, not saying it's easy just much easier than it was in the past. I was much heavier then, I guess that made the difference. That's incentive to never go there again.

See you Monday!!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 PM
DeCathelete

Good Evening Wiggie!

I see you were talking to yourself today! :P lol Nice work outs!

So I hoped to do a long yoga work out today but I ran out of time so I squeezed in the 25m stretch routine tonite from Asylum instead.

Tmrw I officially begun my A1 &A2 hybrid rotation. I hope I survive it! :O Is two months long but my goal is just to do half of it. I think that will be enough for now. : )~

Have a great night. Bb tmrw...probably at lunch time! Ciao! :-)

Wendy

Last edited by Fit_mommy; 02-11-2013 at 04:04 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Cathlete

Morning gals.

Yesterday's workout was Drill Max Premix #1 (just the cardio segments) + medicine ball abs. This morning's workout was Disc 26 (plyo legs) + abs. Both workouts went smoothly, and I worked up an excellent sweat. This is my officially my "bulk" month too, so i'm cutting down on my cardio a bit and upping my calories. It's going to be rough i'm sure...

Wendy: Ooohhh i'm liking the sound of this Asylum hybrid. Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Is Asylum mainly cardio? Or is there a strength component? I'm sure you are going to rock that rotation. Have you been playing any in the snow????

Wiggie: Congrats on the improvements in your cardio capacity! Little changes that like provide much needed fuel to keep chugging along this fitness road. Is DH feeling any better? There has been so much sickness going around lately.

- Elizabeth Taylor
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
DeCathelete

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Well day 1 of the A1/A2 hybrid rotation is done! Got up and did A2 XTrainer this morning as planned! YIKES!

Katie:: Nice work outs for you ofcourse! I gotta tell ya girl...IDK how you tolerate "bulking". I would be sooo darned miserable, I can't even tell you!!!! Kudos to you for being able to handle it! Yes, Asylum has weight work in it as well as cardio. In fact, tmrw calls for the Strength dvd from A1! Nope, I haven't played in the snow but my DS and DH sure have! They went sledding twice!

K, BBL or tmrw!

Wendy