STS 6 Monthers, Saturday, 3/28

ymary

Cathlete
Good Morning 6 Monthers!!!

Just starting us off this morning. I'm doing a little bit of office work on the computer this morning. Need to finish that up, then I'll check back!

Mary

What, Mary? No trouble-making from you this morning??? Get that office work done so you can start it up! :)

Real quickly....this morning I did CCPP on my treadmill and logged over 7.25 miles. I'm STOKED about that, and my legs are talking to me now, letting me know THEY felt every single inch of those miles! lol

Tomorrow starts Meso 2, no matter WHAT Mary says! LOL I'm trying to print off my workout cards for this coming week, but the workout manager is acting funny. Some of my 1RMs don't match what I originally put in way-back-when, and the one pull down menu is highlighting all of them in RED, even though the 1RMs are IN THERE! Unless I'm missing something, it looks like a glitch on that part. So I'll spend some time later today just to double check that my 1RMs are correct for this Meso so I can WORK WORK hard this coming week!

I'm PUMPED!

Eating is back on track, after 4 days of not-so-clean eating. I'm hitting the farmer's market later today to stock up on fresh yummy veggies.

Gayle

Good morning!

I still have to do Disc 11 and 12 this week before I start my active recovery week on monday.. I am really excited to start Meso 2 but need to clean up my eating...sooo I bought the biggest loser 30 day jump start...I need someone tell me what to eat everyday. I am not good at planning my meals I usually wait until i am starved and then grab something quick. This book has a 30 day meal plan so I think this will work for me..It's normal stuff that is quick and easy..
BBL
Tracy

Gayle
I forgot to mention that I am having trouble with my workout cards.. I still can't get Disc 10 to print with my 1 RM's Its weird Disc 11 and 12 print fine but not 10... I will try disc 13, 14 and 15 today after I get printer ink...
Tracy

Well, I just finished meso 1. Now its off to active rest week. I guess I can look at it as I can now do all of cathe's cardio workouts that I haven't been able to get to.

I did disc 10 today. My shoulders are so weak. Gayle, as I was doing overhead press drop sets I was thinking about you and how strong you are and how weak my shoulders are. UGH!! I should have been doing 16, 13, & 10 but I dropped down to 12, 10, and 7 and still couldn't get out all my reps. And it's not that my shoulders were burning, I just couldn't lift them. WTH!!!:( I even re did my 1 RM and it was right, I guess by the end of the workout I am so fatigued.

Have a great day everyone
chrissy

Finished Disc #10 for the second time and the stability ball abs. Does this mean no more push ups!!:D

Chrissy I'm with you on those drop sets. I find it hard to do what the workout manager tells me to do ( 20, 16, 13), I dropped it to 20, 15, 12 and did 8 or 9 reps of each. I was wondering if should redo my 1RM but I'm figuring it's more being the end of the workout.

Going out car shopping this afternoon, then diinner with friends. Have a great Saturday!
Kim

Hi Everyone! Rest Day for me today and recovery starts tomorrow. I haven't decided what I'm doing this week but CC7 for sure tomorrow! Mary, thanks for starting us off!

I'm going to spend a couple hours cleaning house and then, like Mary, I have work to do and it's raining so I don't care! I have a hair appt this afternoon. :D

Gayle, I noticed that some of my 1RM's seemed off also. I believe the red means you've entered a 1RM - that's how it is on the website anyway. I think they screwed up some data when they did the website upgrade a couple of weeks ago. All of my previously entered 'actuals' going back to the beginning of February) disappeared (I reported this and they confirmed it in the STS forum.) Anyway, that was when I noticed some 1RM oddities.

Chrissy, what happened with you on the shoulders on 10 is exactly what happened to me! I did better the second time, but my shoulders just couldn't do it and I had to drop weight! :D

Tracy, someone at my office is doing Biggest Loser meal plan and I think having success. But they aren't so good about getting the exercise in.

Hello to everyone that posts today...the toilets await me!

Jo :D

OK, I'm back for a bit. Needed to take a break from the work stuff!!

I took Toby out for his early morning duty, and was greated by the aroma of a very potent skunk. That's the problem when it starts warming up here, the skunks come out in force, and so does their smell :mad::mad:. It drives DH crazy. We have a huge lawn, and he knows every inch of it. When the skunks start digging, my DH starts his yearly ritual of finding ways to divert them to the neighbors instead of us.

Gayle-Now you know Gayle, that I could say that the WM is not printing out properly because psychologically, you really want to wait for me to catch up. Just for the record though, I'm not saying that, because I don't want to be construed as a trouble maker (Just something for you to think about
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
).

Kim-Going away to Vegas!!!! What a great way to celebrate your 40th Birthday. And just remember, "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas", but if you want to share the details with us, we won't tell, really we won't;);). My DH and I, along with a few friends are going in September to celebrate my B'day. I've never been, so I am really, really looking forward to it. I'm not much of a gambler, but I hear the shows are fantastic. I'm also a major people watcher. Set me down in a comfortable chair in a crowded room, and I'm good to go... Have fun car shopping!

Jo-When I called my friend yesterday to confirm dinner plans, she told me she already made a healthy dessert :)mad::mad::mad:), so the chocolate mint delite will have to wait a little longer!! My DH gave me a
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
up on the baked beans. I told him I put a little extra love in them this time.

Chrissy-Enjoy your rest week!! I think 12, 10 & 7's are still a great accomplishment for the shoulder work. I haven't gotten to that disc yet, but I'm sure the shoulders really have been worked hard up to that point. Keep up the great work!

Tracy-Good luck with the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start. I'm sure this will head you in the right direction. I read a post some months back about someone recommending The Abs Diet for Women by David Zinczenko. It's not really a diet but just simple techniques and ideas about eating right. The author states facts in humorous ways, so it's easy reading, and I have pulled a lot of really good info from the book.

My legs are feeling a little tight from Disc 9, more so in the hamstrings then anywhere else. My plan is to do the CCV7 again on the treadmill. It's a hard one, but with the extra eating and drinking that I'll be doing later today, I need that push. Sometimes after a real hard workout, I've been known (actually many times) to fall asleep on the couch while we still have company over. I only do that with friends that I'm comfortable enough with to see me "ever so delicately drooling on myself" while I snore away!!! I am blaming those episodes on the hard workouts, but it could be the extra glass of wine I had with dinner :eek::eek::eek:.

Ok, I need to get back to the work files for a bit, and tidy up the house before the festivities start. P.S. I need to start printing out the posts from the previous days because my memory retention is slim to none as to what was discussed earlier, and I apologize if I didn't acknowledge a topic. If I try to page back, I loose my current post, which is probably what happened the other 2 times.

Have a good day, and we'll talk soon...

Mary

Hold up a minute! First Mary learned how to do the THUMBS up....now QUESTION MARKS??? I wanna learn too! LOL

Ladies, I look forward to chatting with you everyday! It's been awesome, and I hope YOU all are getting as much from this check in, as I am!

I am now SUPER STOKED for Meso 2 to begin (really, I just wanna rub it in, Mary). I just printed out and finalized my card for disc 13 for tomorrow, and I set up my workout area and AM SO READY! You may need to hold me back from doing this TONIGHT! LOL I LOVE the way the workout looks on paper, the way we are going to work chest first, then move onto shoulders, then move onto tris. No more mixing up the body parts (for now, anyway). I SO LOVE HEAVY weights, so I am going to really enjoy tomorrow.....until DOMS start setting in, I'm sure!

Sorry to ramble on about my next step....I'm just so excited for you all to join me!!!

Sorry to hit and run again. I'm heading out to the grocery store after my lunch (tilapia and asparagus, YUM)!!!!

Gayle

Gayle, I'm excited for you! I looked at the user guide last night and reviewed all the excerises for Week 1 of Meso 2. I can't wait for YOU to start! (Also I love tilapia and asparagus!).

Mary and Kim, sounds you like you both have fun evenings planned!

Kim, car shopping? Yeah! I love doing that! Whatcha going to get?

Mary, so are you falling asleep while watching a movie or while someone is talking to you? :D:eek::eek: Gosh...I hate smelly skunks! Lions and tigers and skunks - OH MY!

Everyone have a great day!

Jo:eek:

Hi girls,

Just a quick check in! this morning I did CCPP, do I feel my legs! I ran 5 miles. :eek:

Yesterday I did disc 9 and abs!

I will be back for persoanls!

Have a great Satureday!

Hi Girls!

I did CCV4 today on the treadmill. Sweating buckets! I did it with the heart rate monitor, so I didn't push as hard, but felt just as good. I finished off with no equipment abs circuit.

Today was also my measuring day. Initially I wanted to measure every week, but realizing that I was having slow progress, I decided to do it once a month so I wouldn't get frustrated with the slow pace.

Since starting BFFM and STS two months ago I have lost about 5 lbs of body fat and gained about 2lbs of muscle (if my calcs are accurate) I have lost 1.25 inches off my hips and .5 inch off my waist. My stomach is definitely the last thing to go. I started at 23.4% body fat and am currently at 19.6% , again, if I am measuring this stuff right...

I am lifting heavier weights now at the end of meso 1 than I have ever lifted before and I am feeling really hard (muscle wise). Wow, I'm impressed with how far I've come, even though it's slower than the books told me...

Like I mentioned earlier, I will keep my simple and complex carbs to morning meals and only do fibrous carbs for the rest of the day and up the intensity of my cardio to see if I can speed up reaching my goal a little earlier.

Jo, I had to laugh at your comment about your body being happier with a few m&ms and snickers thrown in there. I'm totally with you! It will be interesting to see how hard it is for me to stay at 18% body fat once I get there. Because I love my chocolate! How's your foot?

Mary, I envy you with the beautiful back yard you have! I grew up in Switzerland with lots of fields, farms and woods to explore, and now that I live in Southern California, there isn't exactly much backyard to any affordable house.... Say hi to the deer for me, but not the skunks....

Chrissy I have one more week of meso 1 to repeat, so I'm one week behind you. Enjoy your rest week and the cathe cardios to catch up on!

Gayle, I'm excited with you that you can start meso 2, can't wait to hear how it's going!
And yes, I am having tons of fun checking in with you guys too! I don't think I've missed a day of checking in with you since we started. That speaks for itself!

Kim, good luck on finding a good deal for a car! As for me, I don't like carshopping. just give me something that gets me from here to there and I'm happy! but I wasn't complaining when the inlaws got me a car with heated seats! Love it!

Tracy, good luck on the 30 day jump start! Consistency is the key, so don't give up, stick with it and you'll start seeing great results!

Hi Belinda, Hi Maggie, and everyone else!

My morning commitments got canceled, woohoo! So I get to enjoy my morning with the family. My husband and I do some couselling and we have someone needing couselling this afternoon. I hope it will be a fruitful session.
Then I get to have dinner with a friend at the cheesecake factory. I'm going to order clean, I'm going to order clean...

Hi girls,

I am still here! Sorry, for been MIA the last few day’s. I was helping DD to translate English to German. My DD works for a language service in Texas.

Yesterday, I did my workout late at night! I did disc 9, burned 738 cal! Today I will go to the gym.

Maggie** how are your shoulders today? Glad your ankle feels better. Great job with disc 10 and 11! I am also looking forward to meso 2!

Julie** WTG on the weight loss and measurements! Great job with disc 9 yesterday!

Jo** great job fishing meso 1! Enjoy your recovery week. How is your foot today? Sorry, it bordered your during disc 12! If it makes you feel better, I always take longer brakes with my workouts! It takes me longer to change weights and catch my breath, lol! Great job with CCV6. I love them all!

Chrissy** how are your shoulders today? Can’t wait to do disc 10.LOL! Enjoy your recovery week! What kind of squat rack did you buy? Glad you enjoyed SB, that one is fun! My recovery week, I will not do any workout! I will take an entire week of! Don’t skip the recovery week, you need it! LOL! Great job with your cardio yesterday.

Cendrine**I am a vegetarian! I eat 2 complex carbs a day. I eat 1-2 protein pancakes for breakfast, ww. Wrap for lunch. I eat a ton of salad and eat a protein (tofu, beans) with with every meal. I lost since Dec.08, 18 pounds. Sounds like you doing what I am doing with the carbs, lol! Glad I could help on the HRM!

Mary** great job with CCV6, I also push hard with cc! The HRM was only $50! I love my HRM! Let me know what you think? LOL on the ARMPIT! I agree, only Cathe would find a way for “Pits”. That’s very funny! Great job with disc 9 yesterday. My legs were burning with those paper plates, lol! Have fun with your friends today.

Kim** enjoy your holiday! Great job with your cardio workout!

Tracy** nice workout, girl!

Hope I didn’t miss anyone, if I did I am sorry!

Have a great day and workout!

Cendrine, I'm curious what kind of fibrous carbs you're eating in the second half of your day. Is that a BFFM concept??? I've added grapefruit as my carb with my egg whites, and an apple for carb with my lite string cheese. Would you mind sharing examples???

I forgot to mention earlier about the 1Rm and workout manager. It's nice to know that others are having 'issues' too. I got really concerned (okay, so I PANICKED) this morning when I printed off disc 13's workout card and saw that my 1RM was wrong for 2 exercises. But I kept all my numbers from when I tested and because this Meso is set up with a few sets of the same exercise, it was much easier to double check than I anticipated. And I guess it DOES make sense that those exercises that need 1RM test and which were tested, show up in RED. DUH moment for me, I believe! LOL

OK....trip to the farmers market was AWESOME! I spent about $45! lol But I'm stocked up and I made sure that what I bought will not go to waste before it's eaten. I'll be steaming some broccoli with dinner tonight. YUMMO!

Gayle

Hello Everyone! No workouts for me today thus far. I am supposed to do cardio and abs... My glutes are killing me from disc 9 yesterday. When I go thru the disc I feel like I am not gonna make it then before I know it is over and I am thinkg wow mayb I should have tried harder.

HI ladies--been missing in action from this check in for a couple of days. Made it to my mommy check in, but not this one.

My ankle hurt on Thursday and I can't remember if I posted that or not, so it's clear I really need to take a break from cardio for a while. I will take a week off and try again. I just need to let this thing get better. Dh and I are seriously considering a spinning bike. We would use it, so that might help justify the expenditure.

I did disk 11 yesterday and have some pleasant doms in my triceps and upper back. And I did one unassisted chin up, the rest assisted and no unassisted pullups whatsoever, only assisted.

One more week of meso 1:eek::D:p!

The baby just started screaming--it's the posting demon, I swear:eek::rolleyes:

Gayle--way to go on the mileage--I'm impressed. I can't wait to hear your take on meso 2!

Tracy--wow you are almost at meso 2 also. Let us know how the eating plan works out.

Chrissy--those drop sets at the end of the workout are a killer.

Kim--Hope you have fun with shopping and dinner!

Jo--well as I scroll down the posts, it looks like you'll be starting meso 2 soon as well--lots of you to go before me--lets me know what to expect;)

Mary--lol on the skunks, your dh and the neighbors. I wish a skunk would come and hang out in the yard of the neighbors who live behind us. They are loud, loud, loud, when the weather warms up. STS has made more sleepy overall.

Belinda--good job on the 5 miles. Disk 9 gave me major doms. I think it was the paper plate moves.

Cendrine--hurray for the pounds and inches. I've lost about 6 pounds, but not as many inches as I'd hoped. (now how does that work with all this heavy lifting, I'd like to know:mad:? Anyway, here we are, ready for our last week of meso 1--woo hoo!

Soon2bfit--my glutes and hamstrings killed me after disk 9--I feel your pain:eek:.

Hi to everyone else--

Maggie:)

Hi Cendrine,
Here's a sample of what I eat when I'm eating really clean. This is what I find works well for me - I have a friend that eats similiar but has to eat less fruit than I do. Also, depending on portion sizes, I can't always get 5 meals in. Many times it's 4 meals. On a 5 meai day, I may substitute a protein shake for my 3rd meal. I don't eat protein bars or shakes as a general rule, but when I do, it's usually because I'm at work and have time constraints. I usually eat cottage cheese if it's very late as I have trouble sleeping (nightmares) if I've eaten anything heavy before going to bed. Anyway, this is just a sample; it does vary. I try to always eat fresh fruits and vegetables but I also eat frozen. I keep canned vegetables, protein shakes and tuna at work (as my emergency food) in case I forget one of my meals.

Meal 1
2 poached eggs
Oatmeal w/blueberries
A few raw almonds

Meal 2
Salmon patty
¾ cup wheat berry (or other whole grain)

Meal 3
Tilapia (I get the flash frozen individual packets from Costco). I just eat a whole one; the size varies.
Green vegetable (peas/beans)
small to medium apple

Meal 4
Chicken breast
Asparagus

Meal 5
1/2 cup Cottage cheese
Fruit (orange, clementine)

Meal 1
6 Egg white omelet w/spinach tomato) only vegetables no cheese
½ orange
A few raw almonds

Meal 2
Can of Tuna
3.5 oz Sweet potato

Meal 3
Big green Salad w/lots of veggies & Chicken (I cut it up and put it on salad) Oil and Vinegar
I usually put walnuts on the salad as well

Meal 4
5 oz Halibut
Green vegetable

Meal 5
1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese w/fruit

Now, with that said. I haven't been this good during Meso 1 but plan to get better again during Meso 2 and 3. Lastly, the goal eating this way for me is not to drop weight but body fat. I really don't need to lose any weight. When I'm eating really good, I have one cheat day but I generally don't go crazy! Is this anything like what you're doing?

Jo

One more thing about the food...it's really hard to eat this way in my house and I have to put my foot down when I want to do this. DH does most of the cooking and he's always making, wonderful stews, chili, clam chowder and the like! Then he sneaks in Chocolate Chip cookies! Today he came home with Ghiradelli chocolate for me! What's a girl to do? So, just eating normal, I stay around the 21% BF and there's nothing wrong with that. To drop the BF, I have to eat the other way and be consistent to drop it. I've already told him to stop bringing home treats for me starting next Sunday when I begin Meso 2! So I've been at 18% before...but it's hard for me to hang onto!

Jo;)

Jo, gotta love that tilapia from Costco! 5 min in the micro and it is so yummy!! Have you tried there aslakan grilled salmon with the seasoning? it is to die for! I also love their Ahi Tuna...I get my veggies there also.

Gayle, BFFM uses fiborous carbs but fruit is a no-no. FC are anything green and leafy. Fruit is ussually restricted to two servings a day taken in the early part of the day. BFFM is awesome and definetly worth the read. It is amazing what you can learn from it.

Jo, gotta love that tilapia from Costco! 5 min in the micro and it is so yummy!! Have you tried there aslakan grilled salmon with the seasoning? it is to die for! I also love their Ahi Tuna...I get my veggies there also.

YES! We get everything from Costco (including their pizza!)! Yes, I've tried the Alaskan Grilled Salmon - love it. DH gets me the 12 pack salmon patties (which I keep at work). I haven't tried the Ahi.

Jo:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.