(:--->STS 6 month alumni-First week of Spring<--:)

Good Morning yall!
I almost forgot to start a new post!
You will never guess what I woke up too...SNOW!!! Haha I think we have flip flopped , Jo!
Ye 2 days ago it was 75 degrees and today there is about an inch or 2 on anything that is not ground! This wacky weather ...By Tuesday it is supposed to be 75 again!

Well hair day was a total success...I have to admit , I was a little nervous about it because growing up I had nothing but terrible hair fiascoes and I was so worried that something totally weird would happen and my nieces hair not turn out good. This is totally stupid because I have been going to this same hair person for years and nothing has ever happened but I just really wanted her to like her hair and since I would have been completely the one responsible for taking her there then I would have been the guilty party...I know it is silly but I guess I just wanted it all to be perfect since it was her first time to get high lights. haha I can remember so many bad hair days that it is not even funny!

Well since I knew it was going to be bad weather today , I had a lot planned on the inside and number one thing is get my beef stew going. There is nothing like it on a cold snowy day so that is what's for dinner tonight. Them I have some chicken tenders that I am trying to figure out what to do with for my and dh's lunch next week...too cold to grill! And a black bean soup...I walked out of here yesterday and for got to write down the ings. for the mushroom bake of Cendrine's so now I will have to wait till next week.

This is going to be a busy week. We have the new job starting Monday. My niece's b-day in the park after work on Wednesday and my sister and family are coming in from Missouri on Tuesday so we are having a family get together on Saturday here and I am trying to figure out what to do about food that is easy and pleasing for everyone...That is not easy.I would love to do something healthy but I am afraid that I would be the only one to eat!

Jo-I hope you are enjoying the weather.! When you are done with it , we would like it back!:D You can be corny all day about your puppy because I promise you mine are some of the only things that can turn me to mush with there little puppy eyes and even there cute puppy butts! I know! Of course ours are not little either.They are probably both close to a hundred # but they still seem like little babies to me!

Kim-That water bed thing does not sound like any fun at all but I am glad you are done with it. When something like that is over you feel so relieved because you are dreading it so much. I hope your new bed is super comfy and you got the best rest ever!

Cendrine-How are you on this Sunday Off!!!?

I forgot to mention that I watched a pretty good movie that isn't a big name!
It was The Private Lives of Pippa Lee...It had Robin Wright Penn, Alan Arkin, Maria Bello and some other actors. It was a really good girl movie. I was pleasantly surprised!

OK off to start my stew.
Have a great and warm day

Rachel

Oh my gosh Rachel - SNOW? Holy Cow! Well it was very nice here yesterday and then the rain came in last night and it's only supposed to be 53 or so. Sounds like you have a fun week ahead with family! So glad hair day was a success and probably one of great memories! But SNOW??? Wow, that's just mind boggling!

I didn't get to do HIIT-P yesterday. Shortly after posting my head started hurting and I ended up with a migraine. It was a "barometric pressure/sinuses messed up from cold" headache! So I ended back up in bed and napped until about 4. Sscheesch! Then I slept bad last night as I was all clogged up - the sinus part of this cold is really holding on. Anyway, this morning I went ahead and ate breakfast and am waiting to see if I'll feel up to tackling Plyo legs or HIIT-P later. Right now I'd probably do better just doing a regular step workout that wouldn't be so jarring on me. (I've really been messed up the last 10 days!!!) So with that said, I think I'll go take a nice HOT shower!

Happy Sunday Kim and Cendrine!

Hi Girls,

dh upgraded my computer all day yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to come and check the posts... :) I would have been ok with the way it was, but he happened to see how slow it worked for some online tasks and he decided it needed fixing... so now I think it is faster than his own work computer LOL! He loves tinkering with electronics, he only just got me a new phone that has email and internet capabilities and he loves making it work just right too!

Kim, I was very impressed to hear that you did the workout after having a 3hr bed draining workout for a warm-up! Way to go! And congrats on the great report cards for your kids! Did you guys celebrate the great work your kids put out? I just read an article about how they are trying to bring up the reading and math proficiency in public schools here, and you know, I have to say a good teacher makes a difference (which is what they are trying to do, get rid of all the 'bad' teachers and that is supposed to solve the problem) , but ultimately it really depends on the family support, whether or not the kids succeed. So congrats to you for helping your kids excel in school! Such an awesome self-confidence builder!

Jo, thanks for all the make-up tips, and yes, next time you come or when I get up your way the next time let's go get our faces done...! Sorry about your sinuses! if you think it won't mess with our migraine, I was thinking maybe rinsing your sinsues with GSE might be helpful? It worked woders for dh,, but I really didn't like it myself, probably won't try it again unless I'm desperate.

Rachel, how fun that you guys are almost done with the mudroom! You guys work so hard! When you were talking about your hair fiascos I was reminded on one of mine! My mom usually cut my hair and she was adventurous enough to give me homemade perms as well when I was a teenager, and they were always great. However, when I was in college, a highschool class mate was training to do hair and she said she'd do a perm for me at a discout, and naive me went in for one. Well, I came out of there looking like a poodle! I hated it and it was the last time I had my hair permed.... LOL! I'm so glad your niece's experience was a great one!

I am thoroughly enjoying my sunday school free life, in fact I stayed home altogether and am just enjoying the slow pace! I'm going to the store later today to get some things for next year's art curriculum, there was a michael's coupon and I decided it would be a great time to stock up!

My goodness, I've ended up having a very lazy weekend. For some reason I was just feeling so tired with no energy! Did very little yesterday except my workout and taking dd to piano lessons. In the evening we watched the first Harry Potter movie as dd just read the book. I saw all the movies when ds was reading the books but now dd has just discovered the books. Her and I are reading a chapter each night at bedtime and it's so great to see her enjoying reading so much! She reads every night at bedtime but I've never seen her so excited about a series before. She begs everynight to read just another couple of pages. I read all 7 books with ds and now hopefully dd and I get that same experience. Though I already know what happens, it's all new to her.

Today ds had 2 hockey games, we went to a couple of showhomes (to look at options for flooring, cupboards, etc) then out for lunch. I came home and ended up napping for a couple of hours:confused: I don't know why I was so tired! I did get up finally do some housework and disc 28.

Rachael I can't believe you had snow! Has it melted yet?? We still have quite a bit of snow but it's been melting slowly with the early spring. I'm glad that you had such a nice day with your niece! After the first night on the new mattress,my back was so sore! I wasn't sure if it was from the mattress or from the work of empyting the water bed/disc 27 the day before. But today my back feels great so I'm thinking it was from all the exercise!

Jo I'm so sorry that you're still sick! Hopefully you got lots of rest today!

Cendrine We did celebrate the report cards! Milkshakes when we went out for lunch today! I talk to ds's teachers often (much to his dismay, LOL) and they have told me often that he is their favourite student;) Maybe they say that to every parent, LOL but I think he's probably a dream student. He's not shy at all, interested in every subject, very curious and selfmotivated. Often hands assignments days before they're due. I'm very interested to see what he does with his life. At age 12 (almost 13) he already has goals, he wants to get a MBA and a law degree then go into criminal law. He's already researched which high school he wants to attend, because he knows he wants a French school with advanced courses with good sports teams:rolleyes:. To be honest, he is a bit strange at times. He's always been very mature for his age, not interested in toys even as a preschooler. I do worry about him but so far so good. He has lots of friends, does well in school and sports. He has always complained to me that other kids his age are so immature.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your quiet day at home! I remember the days of home perms! I wonder if people do that anymore??

Kim, I would not be surprised to have a sore back after all the heavy lugging you've been doing! I'm glad you allowed yourself to rest today!

I'm with you about enjoying seeing the kids enjoy reading! Ds has also discovered a series of books that he really enjoys and loves reading. It is so much fun to have them beg for more! I'm sure both your kids will remember the time they have spent with you before bed time reading with you and sharing the fun of it! And I have no doubt that will be something they will want to do with their own kids if they ever have any!
Your ds sounds like he would be one of my favorite as well! LOL! Back when I used to teach, I was afraid to tell anyone I had favorites, but I did tell one parent once that I hope my kids turn out like hers.
Your ds sounds similar to my ds, in that he just doesn't fit the mold of the average group of kids. Ds never wanted to role play and was always very analytical and serious, processing constantly. He like your ds adapts well and plays well with other kids, but he is way different if he gets to choose what to do with his time. It can be a bit worrysome especially when you read what kids at special ages are supposed to be doing developmentally and he's not doing it, simply bypassing it.... but I finally decided that that is how he was made and I'm not going to force him to do things just because some book says he should. It's kind of like with crawling, a few sources said kids really need to crawl before they walk. Well, ds didn't really crawl, he started walking first and never opted for crawling....LOL All this to say, it sounds like your ds is a very intelligent and unique person, and happy to be so! Criminal law sounds very intriguing! I bet if he does go that route, you will not need to read books anymore, he'll just tell you about his cases! LOL!

OK sorry guys this is gonna be a real quick one...I am way way way behind but I did not want to leave without wishing yall all a happy day!
New job starts today!

TTYL

Rachel

Hi Guys, I successfully completed High Step Training today. I enjoyed it a lot. Dh changed my keyboard from swiss keyboard to english keyboard, I have no idea where the exclamation mark is on this one or some other keys, because it still has the letters on it for the swiss set up, so I push exclamation mark but it shows } this....:p and parentheses show asterisks... So I won-t be making sense for a while, looks like the apostrophe is a hyphen LOL

Anyay, things going well here although I have a headace today. I-m going to preview Athletic step today, I am hankering doing it tomorrow here should come an exclamation mark, sigh....

Have a great day, all} supposed to be exclamation mark....:rolleyes:

Well still no working out for me! Whah! I had migraine again yesterday and though I'm better today, I didn't sleep last night as I'm so congested. Anyway I have Dr appt at 3:30 and we'll see what's up. I suspect my cold turned into a sinus infection.

I'll get back later and post more but just wanted to touch base.

Good Evening Yall!
It feels weird saying evening when it is still so light out side. I am sure I will get used to it soon though.
Today was chest and back and now I am starting to really feel that extra weight. I don't know how yall do it but I have to unload or load up my bar between back and chest exercises so I love it when we are doing the db parts because then I just have to take off wrist weights or add them depending on what I need. I try to look at it like this...Now I just have 2 chest and back workouts left in sts:eek: That is crazy.

We started the new job today and met our Super on this phase...He is a nice guy but just like everyone else who has never worked with us, he seems a little worried that it is just Dh and I so we have to go in and kick butt and show him that we are awesome:p Not a problem though. This phase has to be done before Easter. They are Sunday school rooms with vinyl and carpet squares. There are 8 different colors of carpet in each room. Crazy colors that only kids could like but I am not the architect so I have no say. Dh and I have a goal to get 3 rooms done tomorrow and then maybe the Super will be able to relax.Right now he is being really nice but I can see the fear in his face and I hate for him to stress over nothing!:D

Cendrine-It sounds like from you r super upbeat post that working out is doing you mind good too...not just your body. I am so glad that you are finally getting to try some of the new dvds. Didn't you have some other ones besides the shock cardio that you have not done yet?
I was laughing at all your keyboard drama. Dh had the same problem when he tried to set ours up for him to write to his family in Norway.
The mudroom is far from finished on the inside but the outside is really just about there. But hopefully since the weather can not post pone work too much on the inside...we can get it done more quickly. We just have a few things that might eat up some time to be done on the inside.

Jo-I feel terrible for you that you are still sick! What did the Dr. say?
I know you are getting fed up with not being able to start the meso yet but take your time. It will be there for you when you feel better. Maybe with all those extra workouts your body is telling you it needed a little break. Trying to send you some feel better vibes~~~~~~>Headed your way!

Kim-I am glad you are feeling great . I would hate it if you were sore from the new mattress but it sounds like you were just sore from your long day of work! All the reading with the kiddos sounds like so much fun. Now you get to see how differently your dd responds to the same series of books...How fun!
The snow is all gone. It was 70 something today but it snowed like crazy off and on yesterday and it must have snowed pretty hard Saturday night because it had accumulated on all the vehicles. Very strange for us to get the snow we got a month ago but extremely strange for it to happen again. I mean it does snow here sometimes but never blizzard like...I was at the grocery store yesterday and dh called me and said it was a white out outside and when I looked out the front doors, I could barely see the first row of cars in the parking lot. Very weird!

Well I am sleepy so I think I will try to catch up on some extra sleep. TTYT

Rachel

Cendrine, I didn't even know that you could do that with the keyboards, how neat! You still have new workouts to discover! It'll be interesting to hear your reviews on them!

Jo, I hope you got some antibiotics from the doctor!:(:(

Rachael Having the sunlight into the evenings is so nice isn't it! I'm sure you will impress the Super! It will be fun doing the kid's flooring in a whole lot of great colours!

DS couldn't sleep last night and so woke up his parents about every hour to complain that he wasn't sleeping:rolleyes: Poor guy, by about 3 in the morning he was in a panic, saying mom I have 2 tests at school and a hockey playoff game and I can't get to sleep! I did let him sleep in a bit this morning. But I ended up falling asleep on the couch after supper! I can't believe how much I'm napping, I think Meso 3 is getting to me!

Just finishe HiiT 30/30 but instead of the heavy bag bonus, I jumped on the treadmill and ran for the same amount of time. I find the bonus kind of boring and I hadn't ran in ages so it felt good.

Kim, I have had a hankering for running lately as well. Maybe I will work in a run sometime this week. I finished previewing Athletic step and am excited to do it tomorrow! It looks like so much fun!

As you can tell my exclamation marks are working again! Yay! And Rachel, I think you are right the workout is doing my mind and spirit good as well, I have felt more upbeat today than I have in a long time and I am enjoying it!

You and dh must be a really good team! Go and show your Super just how super you are! LOL! I'm glad the snow is gone and you get to work some more on the mudroom! I can't believe you only have two more weeks of Meso 3 left after this week! I was thinking and ahead planning, that if things keep going well, I will attempt to do the STS series in its entirety this summer. With having no school schedule to stick to during summer break I figured it would be more fun to do it and I would probably feel less stressed because the rest of my day will probably be more relaxed. So here's hoping I can actually do it. I'm thinking, since I don't have a full 3 months for Summer break, that maybe I could hit the ground running as soon as I get back from Switzerland starting a couple of weeks before school is out for us, the work will be less intense then so I could do that. I'm excited just thinking about it!

Jo, keep up the juicing and rest rest rest! So sorry this one wasn't to be shaken off!

Good Morning...
I can feel your excitement popping off the page at me,Cendrine!!! I am glad you are getting back to feeling like your old self again!

Well since I somehow reversed last Tuesday with this Tuesday, it was double wave pyramid for me today. I was glad I did not have the add on because I am tired this week. I think I am like you , Kim. I need some naps. lol
But as they say no rest for the weary. We have a big day today so I better go eat my wheaties and get on with it.
Jo, I hope you are ok. I am sure you are just resting per Dr.'s advice but I hope to hear that you are already feeling better after your dr.s visit.:)

TTYL

Have a Great DAY:D:D:D

Rachel

Hi! I'm here! I apologize I haven't been able to go back and read through the posts but will do that later and get caught up. So quick recap:

Saw the Dr, I have sinus infection on both sides. They started me on antibiotics and prednisone. She told me to use Afrin before I went to bed last night which should help me breath and sleep...it worked nicely, but the antibiotics are ones I've never taken before and though I took them at 7 last night, woke up at 3 feeling I was going to hurl. So I sat up and as long as I wasn't laying down I was fine. So another crappy night sleep! But I could breath! I usually don't have problems with reactions to drugs but these are pretty strong I guess. Anyway, I obviously need to take them in the morning and not night. So am going to skip today and take them tomorrow morning (they are once a day). Then, I go back on Friday and they are going to inject some steriod into my sinuses. Can you believe this???? Ugghhh I'm so frustrated. Anyway, now I'm really tired so am going to go into work for a couple of hours and then come home and nap. (Have to be fresh for TBL tonight! ;) Let's get our priorities straight!)

As I said, I'll catch up on posts later as I need to get in the shower.

Wow, Jo, you must be in pretty bad shape to be given all this stuff! I was in such bad shape last year with a sinus infection and bronchitis that I was given prednisone too, but it sure kicked butt! I hope your antibiotics are going to help you feel better today or tomorrow! Sorry about the side effects, what a drag! I hope you will be able to catch a nap later today!

I did do Athletic Step today, it was fun, but boy did I get out of shape cardio wise, it was definitely keeping me on the higher end of the heart rate range! But I'm excited that I was able to keep up with it all the way! I didn't have too much trouble with the choreography, except for the second skip part after the shuffle feet thing, I kept forgetting to get ready for a second skip before exiting...LOL¨
The stretch felt awesome and extra long and calming! I had some extra time before the kids got up so I started previewing the core circuit again. I know it's ambitious, and I got tired just looking at it, but I'm thinking maybe I can try half of it on Thursday to help build up my cardio endurance. We'll see.

Rachel, I hope you got those three rooms done that you were aiming to get done! Or at least got close to it!

Hi Kim, what project are you tackling this week in getting the house ready?

OK yall I am really always in a rush this week...sorry for the short post

I did plyo legs today and it was a good workout. This week they are harder for me than last week. I guess it is the workload or something...who knows

Thanks for the well wishes Cendrine...we did get close but we had a few unexpected speed bumps but today should go more smoothly.
Jo,I hate that the meds are messing with your sleep but maybe you are on the road to recovery now.
And Kim, I am sure you are busy witht he kiddos and house stuff so I am doing a shout out to ya! Haha

Ok I better git...T-minus 5 days and counting to finish up.

Rachel

Hello Ol' Buddies Ol' Pals! ;)

Yesterday I called the Dr as I was afraid to continue with the meds that were nauseating me. She gave me a different prescription which I've had before and I'll start those this morning. I did get through 8 doses of prednisone yesterday (then 4 today) and though usually it makes me not sleep, I was so tired I did get 6 hours of sleep last night and I'm breathing! YEAH! Yesterday I sounded 300% worse than I felt...really if I wasn't so tired from not sleeping I felt pretty good...I just sounded horrible. But the good thing is when I'm that congested I'm a fantastic singer! :D (Okay, maybe I only believe that but it's true!) Raspy and maybe a little sexy - oh and it only works if I'm in the shower. :cool:

Kim, I am so inspired reading about DS and his plans! WOW! To be so clear about your future so young is mind-boggling. I'm sure he's headed for great things! And you're right, it'll be interesting and fun to see the direction he goes and what he accomplishes. How fun to be reading HP with DS! It's so fun to share in their excitement in reading! Also Kim, I do remember that Meso 3 wiped out all of us last time, so don't be surprised your so tired BESIDES all the house projects you've going on. YOU ARE BUSY!

Cendrine, glad to read you're doing more and more! Isn't HSTA fun? That's a definite go to on my circuit workouts! And Athletic Step! Isn't that fun? I can't remember if you have done Step Moves or not, but if not I know you'll enjoy that! You know you sure sound peppy - so working out again and being done with Sunday School seems to be really good for you! I got a hoot out of reading your keyboard experience! Oh yeah...and good luck on Core Circuits! That core work is a toughy!

Rachel, you rock girl! I'm laughing over you talking about the fear in the Super's face! You show 'em! Isn't it great though because he's probably one of those guys that once you get his confidence, he'll become a huge fan of yours and recommend you guys! How are you doing on your weights in Meso 3? Are you able to use what you used before or did you have to lower or go heavier? I know those first couple workouts in Meso 2 I had to lighten on some but then got back to where I was (but still not on all). I figured I might be in the same boat for M3. And you mentioned that as well so just wondering how it's going.

Thank you all for your well wishes and listening to me whine through this all this. I think I'm at the end now - if I'm okay later today, I may go to the gym and walk on the TM and then maybe tomorrow I'll tackle a workout - but yeah, Meso 3 will be waiting and I'm not in any hurry. In fact I'm wondering if I might change my whole strategy. Also it's not like I haven't been eating or anything. I don't know about you guys but when I have a cold I seem to eat and eat and eat. Though I was still eating good (lots of fruits and vegies, vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin C) I was just constantly hungry!

Enough rattle...off to the shower and I'm hoping for a great day! Hope you all have one too!

Oh Kim, really quick...TBL! What did you think? My goodness haven't they all just incredibly improved and are becoming athletes? I loved the spinning challenge and I was glad to see Lance kicked off...he buggged me a little. Looks like next week will get really interesting! Woohoo for the Black team!

Oh and you guys...did any of you watch Life on the Discovery channel that started Sunday night? If not you should check it out. Great education for the kids. It's like the next phase of Planet Earth. I believe there are 11 segments all together. The first 2 were Sunday with the first one being more of the series/animal introduction and then the actual first show (also Sunday) was amphibians and reptiles. The photography was incredible. It sounds like I watch TV all the time but I really don't!

Okay, have a good day!

Hi Guys,

I did LIC today. It's so good to be back to Cathe workouts! I do enjoy getting up more simply because of Cathe's workouts!

Jo, you sound so much better! I'm glad you got to switch medicines, that would have been tough to keep up.

Rachel, I'm glad the job is going well and don't worry about short posts, we all have lives to live, and you don't need to apologize for living yours!

The weather has been extremely nice this week, I took the kids rollerblading Monday, for a scooter ride yesterday and we'll do bikes today. Their endurance is improving and I am happy for the extra exercise myself.

Girls I'm better by the minute! I came home and made black bean kale soup (yes it was/IS delicious!) and I have cantalope, bananas, apples and some apples with cinnamon drying in the dehydrator. (This is my first test doing apples and bananas so keep your fingers crossed!) Aren't I just the busy bee? :D Really! I couldn't wait to come home and get busy in the kitchen cutting up fruits and vegetables!

Tomorrow night, GF and I have recruited two other girls from work to spin with us (yes I'm going to spin). Now, I may not spin full force but I know I'm ready!

Cendrine, YAHOO on the workouts! Isn't it great to have Cathe back in the house with you? I'm still bummed I'm not going to SD tomorrow for the road trip...but ah well another time. In the meantime, I'm glad you're better by the day! Glad you're having great weather and good fun time with the kids!

Okay, off to relax...it's been a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.