Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Strength in Numbers

This is a discussion on Strength in Numbers within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Today was my rest day but I still got up and did Yoga Relax. I really didnít want to get ...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Cathlete
jldx2in2000's Profile Fields

Today was my rest day but I still got up and did Yoga Relax. I really didnít want to get up. I got horrible sleep thanks to my wonderful furbabies who think the bed is theirs and I should have to sleep in a tight ball clinging to the edge. Itís ok though. I still love them.

Cheryl That stinks when you lose your post. So frustrating. Anyway, great job on getting that morning workout of CBS done. Sounds like the party was a lot of fun and catching up with old friends is always a good time.

Janie Great job on HS! Do you think it is the impact that made your feet hurt? I canít wait to see what your seeds grow!

Pam Great job on Bis/Tris + Core 2! This one does fly by. I was a little nervous at first thinking a bis and tris only workout wouldnít be much but this one has a little cardio effect to it because you move fast and do so many different things. WOW!! 12 pounds for the tricep challenge would be hard. I use 8s and do not see myself going heavier anytime soon. I find those banana rolly crunches hard in core 1. I think that is why I donít like that one. Plus it is followed by the twisting move and I donít like that one either. Ok, Iím done complaining now!

Have a great day!

"We don't want anything to jiggle; so, just jiggle it off!" - Cathe, High Step Challenge
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Cathlete

Janie Good job on Hard Strikes I am going to do that one tomorrow. It is so annoying when you lose a post, I know you understand what I am talking about.

Pam Way to go on Bis and Tris, I did the same workout today as you. It was also the first time I had done this one too. I liked the fact that the exercises had a bit of a twist on them.

Julie Those furbabies think they own the bed don't they. Our cats think the same thing. Good for you in still getting up and doing yoga relax.

As I mentioned to Pam today was XTrain Bis and Tris. It was the first time I had done this workout and I really liked it. The moves are a little bit different to work your muscles in different ways. Bonus I was also able to get it done in the morning too. Woo Hoo.

Cheryl
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

Today was Crossfire. Whew! I modified most of the way.

Pam, I have flat feet so my muscles or tendons are weak. I have someone I'm drawing at the moment, but when I have another stand still, I'll do a self portrait. It's time. Great job on XTrain disc 2 bis and tris and core 2.

Julie, Hope you enjoyed your rest day and had enough energy to do Yoga Relax. My little Rolly does the same thing to me. LOL Yes, the impact really hurt my feet but hoping it's temporary.

Cheryl, Great job on Xtrain Bis and Tris, and in the morning to. Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Cathlete

Julie Wow, good for you getting up and doing Yoga Relax on your rest day!! Especially after a lousy sleep. The things we do for our pets! Oh yea, those banana crunches in core 1 are tough but for some reason I kind've like them. Unlike the things in core 2 where you keep one elbow on the ground and lift up your other arm and the alternating sit up with leg lift things. Both of those kill me. I am very happy in core 1 though when I get past the twists! I think they both have their little cruel parts! The next time I try the 100 rep triceps I will be using 8 lbs. I realized very quickly that 12 was optimistic and dropping to 10 didn't help much. I'm not sure what I was thinking!

Cheryl Oh we were on the same wavelength yesterday. I really liked the different twists on the bis and tris too. Great job on bis and tris to you too! That's awesome that you were able to get it done in the morning!

Janie Great job on CF! I am missing that one, I think I'll need to do it soon! Oh boy, sorry about your feet, I hate it when my feet hurt! Hooray! I can't wait for your self portrait!!

This morning for me was tabatacise. I can't remember which pre-mix number it was but I did all 5 tabatas (!!) and burn sets back. It was tough but I got through it. I told myself that it can't be worse than CCC and it wasn't, but I was glad there wasn't a 6th round! So happy it's Friday, have a great day!

Pam
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Cathlete
jldx2in2000's Profile Fields

This morning I did XTrain Legs. Just the standing, ball & chair, and floor section. Then I added on some heavy squats and deadlifts to finish out the burn.

Cheryl Great job on Bis/Tris! That is really good. I like that the moves are not repeated and goes by so quick. Definitely a good one to do in the morning since it is not very long but still effective.

Janie Great job on CrossFire! Love the modifications. It means you are still getting a good workout but on your terms and comfort level. Plus if your feet arenít liking the impact, I think we learned a lot from the Low Impact Series on how to modify to make something lower impact.

Pam Great job on tabatacise! Wow! That is amazing to get through all 5 plus burn sets back. Well that is good to know that it is not as bad as CCC. Iíll remember to tell myself that when I get to Tabatacise. You are right, Cathe always puts in little cruelties in every workout. I canít think of a single workout were there isnít at least one move that I struggle with but feel so much better when I get it done. Have a great time at the Krispy Kreme Challenge!!

Have a great day!

"We don't want anything to jiggle; so, just jiggle it off!" - Cathe, High Step Challenge
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Cathlete
patchworkpenguin's Profile Fields

Pretty boring day Wed.

Yesterday Hubby stayed home from work sick, while I went to Bible study and chased 2 year olds again. It was 66* and sunny. I went to Knit Night and got most of a baby dress made.

Today its 45* and cloudy. I'm so glad its Friday. Hopefully Hubby and I will have a nice normal weekend together.

On the internet no one knows you are typing with your beak.

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Cathlete

Janie Good job on Crossfire even though you had to modify. There is nothing wrong with that.

Pam Good job on tabatacise and the burn set back. I have done up to 4 of the tabatas good for you in getting through it.

Julie Way to go on XTrain legs. I haven't done the chair section in that one yet.

Penguin Sorry that Wednesday wasn't too exciting. Some days are like that. Chasing two year olds..... that's a workout in itself.

Well I made a mistake and sat down when I got home from work today and couldn't get up the energy to workout. I was going to get up early this morning but that just didn't work. I will have to make up for it tomorrow with a tough workout.

Cheryl
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

Tonight was XTrain Bi's and Tri's. Wow, that was a good one. Worked hard.

Here is yet another portrait of a different niece (I have many) and it's called "Libby".

Pam, Don't know when the self portrait will be, but I'm thinking of it, you put the seed it there. Great job on Tabatacise. Wow 5 of them and burn set. You GO! And please pass me some of that energy.

Julie, Great job on XTrain legs, the standing, ball, chair and floor section. Oh and the heavy squats and dead lifts to finish off. Wow.

Penquin, So sorry hubby is sick. Hope he gets better soon. Sounds like you are having fun with Bible study and knit night. Good for you.

Cheryl, You need a rest, your body is telling you that.

Take care ladies,

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Cathlete
patchworkpenguin's Profile Fields

We bought a dresser, in good shape, for me at the thrift store {$200}. After getting it home, carried inside {good thing I lift weights}, and getting it cleaned, we were able to put the old {broken} dresser on the curb and with the help of a neighbor got the new one in place in the bedroom. The new one is solid wood and the drawers donít come out so I was happy to have him to help so I could sit that one out.

Janie, wow, Libby has great eyes!

Cheryl, Hubby and I have that problem, he gets home from work, we eat, sit on the couch and the next thing we know its time for bed.

On the internet no one knows you are typing with your beak.

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Cathlete

Janie Way to go on XTrain Bis and Tris. That is a good workout. I love your new portrait. I agree you should do a self portrait. I don't know if I need a rest I think I just got lazy .

Penguin It is such a good feeling when you can snag something good at the thrift store. We do that every once in a while too. It is too easy to get comfortable on the couch. I find if I have to workout after work I need to do it as soon as I walk in the door or else too many other things get in the way or I sit on the couch .

Today I did XTrain Cardio Legs and Core #2. The first time I did this one I found it really hard today it was hard but I was able to get through it. The core work really does get ya too yowza. After that I got all the housework and laundry done.

Happy weekend everyone.

Cheryl