Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Strength in Numbers

This is a discussion on Strength in Numbers within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Taking care of Adrian, and no cardio today, but, I did 3 pushups on my toes. LOL, I felt that ...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

Taking care of Adrian, and no cardio today, but, I did 3 pushups on my toes.LOL, I felt that one. It's already getting harder. Hmmmmmm.

Helen, Great job on Meso 2 #18 back and biceps. Good plan for today. Were you able to eliminate the popcorn? I'm really glad you responded to the Lurkers group too. Look how far we have come together. It's so cool!

Pam, I agree, if it wasn't for some sad times in my life, I never would have recognized my real soul mate, Joey. Great job on STS Total Body and MMA Fusion. Isn't cool, how much more our bodies can do? Well done on those 23 pushups on the toes! Glad you had fun with your waterski club. Funny comment on looking different with clothes on. LOL

Julie, Great job on ME today, and the 25 pushups on your toes. Your body has a memory and it won't forget in just two weeks. Well done.

Cheryl, When I was using the trampoline, Rolly had that look. It was so funny. I always hope that one day, I could meet all of you. Wishes every now and then, come true. Great job on the STS Total Body and MMA Fusion. Wow! Over 800 calories burned, yes in deed good bye muffin top. Congratulations for a job well done! The both of you.

Have a wonderful evening,

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Default Joining Your Thread

I was getting a little discouraged in the last checking on was on. For now I just wanted to say hi. I am currently doing Cathes Dec 09 rotation I will be back to esplain about my self and my workouts.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Cathlete

Roxie,

Welcome aboard! You have picked a great group of ladies. Smart, wise, and knowledgeable to help in motivating you through your fitness goals.

Can't wait to get to know you better, so looking forward to your next post.

Have a good one,

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Cathlete

Janie Did you have fun taking care of Adrian today? Good for you on your three pushups. You are getting one more every day. Animals are so funny. Sometimes Tango will just sit there and stare at me. It is like he is trying to communicate with me through his eyes .

Roxie Welcome to our area here. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

This morning was Yoga at Lululemon. It felt so good since my butt was sore after yesterdays double header. My parents stopped in today for coffee before they head off to Yuma Arizona. They need to get somewhere warm and away from our weather here. We won't see them until April now.

Pam, Julie and Helen I hope you are having a great weekend.

Cheryl
Old 01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Catheite
hwc130's Profile Fields

Roxie: Welcome to you!

Cheryl and Pam: A double dose of Cathe is a triple dose of anyone else! Great job to both of you! Thanks for the popcorn advice...I caved in on Saturday evening. My kids went to the matinee (True Grit) and brought home a bag of movie theatre popcorn. AND...to top it off...we ordered take-out Chinese food for dinner. I was up at least 3 times during the night drinking water and I could NOT get my rings off my fingers this morning!!!! I am hoping I've learned my lesson! MSG is a terrible thing!!

Janie: Three pushups! Look at you go!

My two college kids went back to school today...one went 3 hours east and one went 2 hours west. It's always difficult to see them go, but even more so when they've been home for a month or more! I'm alone again in my workouts, too, but my daughter said she was going to look into downloading some Cathe workouts when she got back to school. Despite the pain, I think she's hooked on Cathe!

I will set my alarm for 5:15 tomorrow morning in an attempt to get my workout started by 5:30. Tomorrow is Meso 2 #19 Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's. I'll let you know how it goes.

Once again, welcome to Roxie! Have a good evening, all! Helen
Old 01-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Cathlete

Before I go to bed tonight I did 4 push ups on my toes. It's getting harder.

Cheryl, I did have fun with Adrian. What a sweet little boy. I know what you mean with animals eyes, especially when they glow. I love them, it is like they are communicating. Great job on the yoga. What is Lululemon? Joey and I stayed at Yuma for a couple of times. Once with my parents (along time ago) then by ourselves. It's warm and then there is Mexico to visit with all their art stuff. Great fun, and it beats bad weather.

Helen, Awe, it's hard to say goodbye to our children. They'll be back though and you can catch up again. You did your daughter a great example on being fit and healthy. Good for you!

Take care all,

Janie

Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Cathlete
jldx2in2000's Profile Fields

I did High Step Challenge today and 25 pushups on my toes. I am trying to work the pushups in now in between the warmup and the actual workout part of the DVD. During HSC, I was still able to do all the regular pushups on my toes but the tricep pushups and decline pushups I have to go to my knees. I guess that tells me I've got stuff to work on (as if I thought I had nothing to work on before)!

Cheryl Great job on your double dose-o-fun on Saturday! I wish I could start my workout later in the morning too. Actually, I wish I worked from home so that I didnít have a commute! Oh to dream unlikely dreams! Great job on going to Yoga on Sunday! That is so lucky that your parents get to go somewhere warm for the rest of the winter. Not that I am counting; but there are 10 weeks left until the official first day of Spring!

Janie Great job on your pushups! Doing them by adding one every couple of days really does the trick. Iím glad you got to spend time Adrian even though you didnít get cardio in. But sometimes that is a good thing to rest and have some family time!

Roxie Welcome to the group! I look forward to get to know you a little better and for all of us to motivate each other to continue to be our best.

Helen Chinese takeout sounds good but Iím with you in that the high sodium content and MSG makes it almost not worth it. I am sorry that it is tough seeing your kids off to college and now you have to go back to working out alone. Iím sure it was great bonding time to workout with your daughter over the holiday time.

Have a wonderful Monday!

"We don't want anything to jiggle; so, just jiggle it off!" - Cathe, High Step Challenge
Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Cathlete

I'm a little behind since I didn't check in yesterday so will get caught up now.

Julie Great job on ME. It is funny how you start to notice the muscle imbalances while doing these workouts isn't it?! I never thought about one glute being stronger than another, but it certainly makes sense. Great job getting right back into those push ups too. It's encouraging to hear that you were still able to do 25 after not doing them for a couple of weeks.

Cheryl It is funny the looks that our pets get sometimes isn't it? I oftern wonder what they are thinking. Of course if I say that my DH tells me that they aren't thinking anything because their brains are the size of a pea
I had the same though as you on Saturday about possibly doing one of the workouts later in the day, but I knew that once I quit I would get invovled in something else and it would never happen so I was glad I went ahead and knocked them both off in the morning. I was a puddle of goo after that too!

Janie Glad to hear that you got to have some fun with Adrian. And great job on those push ups! Look at how much progress you've made is just 1 week! ^5! Sorry to tell you though but I don't think they ever get any easier
How're things going with the neighbor dogs since you stopped giving them treats? Are they still coming to visit?
I had a dream last night where I was working out on a mini trampoline! I guess I was thinking about you!

Roxie Welcome! It's great to have you join us. We'll be looking forward to hearing more from you!

Helen Oh boy, movie theater popcorn is hard to resist! That used to be the main reason I would go to a movie! My weekend wasn't so great from a food standpoint either. Our oldest was planning to go back to college on Saturday but then decided to stay another night to have another home cooked meal and requested that it be lasagne. So I made a huge lasagne for Saturday night's dinner. I was so hungry after that Cathe double dose Saturday morning that I ate a lot more than I usually do. Then yesterday morning I got up and had a HUGE blueberry pancake. Now I need to get back to normal for the rest of the week.
Is that a normal reaction to MSG for you? Yikes!
I hope you were able to get your workouts in this morning! It will be really cook if your DD starts doing Cathe regularly now!

Janie You GO!!! Already doing 4 pushups, that is amazing!

This morning was Body Max 2 for me and 26 pushups on my toes. I may have to throw in another quick cardio later today after the food fest over the weekend! I wasn't too happy with the scale this morning, even though I know I could not have really gained 3 pounds since Saturday?! We are supposed to get snow AGAIN today so looks like I'll be working at home. They are closing the schools 2 1/2 hours early and it is supposed to turn to ice tonight b I am so tired of this crazy weather we are having. Errrrrr...... Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Monday!

Pam
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Cathlete

Julie Looks like we were writing our posts at the same time again. Great job on HSC and those push ups! I'm with you, decline pushups and ESPECIALLY tricep pushups are killers for me. I can't even do 1 regular tricep pushup. I thought I had pretty strong triceps too, I have no trouble with dips. Oh well, there is definitely always sometime to work for isn't there?! Hope you had a great weekend!

Pam
Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Catheite
hwc130's Profile Fields

Okay....so 5:00 came and went and I stayed in bed until 6:15. I didn't sleep well last night. Our son got a last minute call from a teammate of his whose flight from California was delayed due to the weather. Long story short, he was going to miss his connecting flight and had to change things up and fly into St. Louis with no connecting flight to Indianapolis. He called Owen (our son) in desperate need for a ride from St. Louis back to school in Terre Haute, Indiana, where they go to school. So, Owen's 3 hour trip back to school didn't begin until after 9:30 p.m.. I tossed and turned waiting for him to call us to let us know he made it safely. At 1:30 a.m., he finally called, and I was able to doze off, but then tossed and turned because of my early workout alarm!!

So...it's 8:10 and I'm getting ready to get my workout going. I'll check back in when I'm finished.

Helen