Strength in Numbers

hwc130

Cathlete
Good Friday morning!

My thought process behind the name for this thread is this: The more people we have working together toward a common goal, the stronger we are, collectively and individually. I know that I need the support and advice from other people to reach my fitness goals and I hope to offer as much support and advice as I can to help YOU reach yours.

I'm bringing a few people along with me who will be phenomenal at this also. Janie, Pam, Cheryl, Julie, Workinprogress, and anyone else who might have been lurking on the "Lurkers Invitation For The Holidays" thread.

Now for any "new" people, here's a little about me: I am a 47 year old wife and mother. My husband and I have been married for 23 years and have 3 great kids, ages 21, 19, and 14.

I cannot remember a time in my life when I didn't "wish" I was more fit and I've dabbled in fitness and workouts off and on (more "off" than "on") for as long as I can remember. Four years ago, a trip to my doctor for a routine physical smacked me into reality. I stepped on the scale and was mortified at the number. I am 5'3" short and was stunned to discover that I weighed 174 pounds. I had no idea how I had gained 20 pounds in one year. I decided, before I got off that scale, that it was time to take things seriously.

I started working out every day at home with a beachbody workout (Slim in 6) that a co-worker loaned to me. Power 90 followed, then P90X. They, along with online help and support, helped me lose 35 pounds in a little over a year. I discovered Cathe Friedrich workouts quite by accident less than 2 years ago and have been absolutely hooked on her style, demeanor, and oh-so-challenging workouts. I am currently working out with STS for the second time and can't say enough good things about this program.

I have had ups and downs in the last few years and have slowly gained about 15 of the 35 pounds back in the last year and a half. Injuries and job changes have hampered (but not stopped) me, and I am still trying to master one of the most important elements to any fitness journey...nutrition.

Okay...so maybe that's more than "a little about me". :p Join us, please, because there truly is Strength in Numbers.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for joining us! :DHelen

Helen Thanks for starting this new thread and for the details about you! I think that is more than you had shared in the past. I started to post on the old thread but saw that you were starting this one so decided I should wait and post over here.

Cheryl Sorry to hear that you have been having a tough week. Getting ready to start a new job and starting a new job take a lot of time and energy, so it's understandable if you get off track during that transition. Hang in there and get your workouts in when you can as long as you are taking care of yourself.

Janie I'm glad to hear that Joey is feeling better. How is your back doing? I hope it's better. As for the toilet test yesterday, I was definitely failing! It's feeling quite a bit better today but I can still feel those tender glutes! Cathe sure knows how to work the legs and glutes doesn't she?? I don't remember being this sore after the first time I did STS total body. I'm not sure if I used heavier weights this time or if I had been doing a rotation that had more leg/glute focus. In any case, it was a real killer!
Great job on the push up! Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Julie I imagine I'll be catching your post after I'm done so will catch up with what you did this morning. I hope DH is feeling better!

This morning was KPC for me. I think I did something to my left hip during Intensity yesterday, it was not feeling so good when I started this morning. I thought I might have to stop early, but it seemed to loosen up as I went. Then I did 28 pushups on my toes! Yea! I'm always amazed at how out of breath I am after doing pushups. They kill me! I'm glad this week is almost over, it's so hard coming back after vacation. I'll be even happier when January is over, it's my most dreaded month because it's appraisal month. Ick. I hope everyone has a great Friday and remember - Strength in numbers! I love the new name Helen!

In case we get some new folks, I am 49 and will have been married for 10 years in April. I have 3 step children 2 boys (18 and 14) and 1 girl (16). Our 2 fur babies are both cats: Shorty and Butters and they are both spoiled rotten. I got into working out in my 20's and have been an avid exerciser since then. I started teaching aerobics classes in my 20's, then added step, spinning and boot camp classes as those started becoming popular. I stopped teaching about 7-8 years ago because my work travel schedule was making it difficult. That's when I discovered Cathe and started working out at home and haven't looked back since. Since discovering Cathe I'm in much better shape then I ever was when I was teaching. I used to do weights, but was not at all enthusiastic about them. I am still a cardio junkie, but Cathe's workouts have really changed my attitude about weights and I truly enjoy them now. I have a few other video instructors that I enjoy, but Cathe really is the gold standard!

Pam

I typed this up early this morning and then got busy at work and couldn’t post until lunch time! Good thing since we now have a new thread started! Thanks Helen for the great name!

This morning I did Imax Extreme from the Terminator. Wow!!!! I didn’t know a person could sweat that bad!! I think DH is feeling better because he went to work today and got up at the same time as me.

Pam Great job on doing Intensity even though you had DOMS. 25 pushups is awesome again! Man I really need to get my butt in gear and do those again! I do the same thing when Cathe changes her weights. I don’t know how she does it so fast. I have the same clips on my barbell as she does. I have actually gotten into the habit of pushing pause before she even starts changing her weights. I will change one side of my barbell, push play, and then change the other side while Cathe changes both of her sides. That way we finish at the same time!! Great job on KPC and 28 pushups (you are truly amazing!). When I used to do pushups every day :eek:, it always amazed me that I would be out of breath after doing them. I hope your hip continues to get better.

Helen Great job on CCC. It is a great workout! It was one of my first non-step Cathe videos and I loved it even though I can’t do most of the roll-back moves she does. I’m working on it but I certainly have to modify more than I would like. I don’t have any words of encouragement on the food issue but I am right there with you. I often times thought, I can have a cookie because I worked so hard this morning. I need to change that mindset to be “because I worked so hard this morning, I don’t need a cookie.” I have good intentions most of the time (I think) I just don’t follow through and that is not good for me. Here’s to hoping we can both finally conquer that demon!

Janie Great job on Athletic Step. I was thinking about your saying of “head band wringer” this morning when I finished Imax Extreme. I don’t wear a head band so I would have to say my workout today was a “workout bra wringer”! Good luck with your pushups! Getting 1 is the start of many to come! I know you will be able to do it if you put your mind to it. I did it and then got lazy and need to get back in the habit. I keep telling myself “tomorrow”, then tomorrow comes and goes without any pushups.

Cheryl So sorry you didn’t sleep well and are overwhelmed with work right now. I hope that the “lot for you to do” isn’t too much and you can get some stress out of your life soon. I bet most of us talk to Cathe during our workouts. I would like to say most of the time my comments are not mean just telling her to hold on or give me a minute but sometimes they are moans/wimpers or “Low ends again! Are you kidding me?!”

Have a wonderful Friday!

My info/story: I am 30 years old. I’ve been married for 10 ½ years to my high school sweetie. We don’t have any human children but do have two incredibly spoiled fur babies. Oscar is a 10½-year-old boxer and Maggie is a 7-year-old lab/pit bull mix (this is a guess as she is a rescue). They are really the highlight of mine and DH’s life and our world truly revolves around making them comfortable and happy. I unfortunately did not grow up in a fitness enthusiastic household so working out was not something to be enjoyed but rather torture used to help you lose weight. About a year ago, I realized this should not be the case and fitness can be fun and serves multiple purposes other than weight loss. I found Cathe in April of 2010 as my intro to step workouts with Basic Step and quite honestly have not even done another instructor’s workout video since July 2010. I do have some other instructors but there is just something about Cathe that makes all types of workout routines fun!

Haven't finished all my workouts yet, but just wanted to chime in here, will post again later tonight. Also will do personals as well.

Helen, Want to thank you so much for starting this thread. I love your story behind the name you chose. It hits home like you wouldn't believe, especially when it comes to nutrition! I agree wholeheartedly that the more people we have to encourage, support, and advice, gives us motivation to continue on to reach our goals.

I also love the fact that you invited other people to this thread. Awesome.

Will talk again,

Janie

Well I did get up and workout this morning but it was really hard. I couldn't really put my all into it. Even though I want to work out in the morning my body is saying "What are you crazy". So I think I will try afternoon workouts for a while and see how it goes.

Pam It looks like I will be a bit overwhelmed for a while at work but I do have a good bunch of people who work for me so that will help. KPC was what I tried to do this morning. It is one of my favorite workouts but it just wasn't happening.

Julie Good job on Imax Extreme. I have to go back and try those workouts again. I have forgotten what they are like. The "lot for me to do" isn't too bad. It is things that I am not too familiar with but I can muddle my way through.

My Story I am 50 years old and have been with my husband for almost 22 years though we have only been married for 2 of them. We don't have kids but we have three feline fur babies named Taylis (10), Tigger (8) and Tango (2). I have been working out with Cathe since 1997 or 98. I can't remember exactly when I started. I like Cathe's style so I really don't do any other instructors. I have started doing yoga on Sunday mornings at our local Lululemon store. I have been working out since my 20s starting in gyms. However I find that Cathe's workouts are better than anything I ever did at a gym.

Anyway have a great Saturday everyone.

Cheryl

Joey and I did Upper and Lower Body Sculpt, and Stability Ball abs, (from Basic Step + Body Fusion DVD), plus I did 25 min. jumping and watching TV on the trampoline. Oh, and 2 push ups on the toes. Whew! It was a good exercise day.

Pam, My back is great and able to continue with all exercises. I feel great! Thanks for asking.:) I bet you are sore, because you are stronger and using heavier weight. It just makes sense. Great job on KPC. If you have a roller, sometimes that is all it takes to roll out the soreness. It hurts soooo good.LOL:D Give it a try, you will love it. 29 push ups on the toes is no small feat. Congratulation. Be careful, I'm just behind you.:rolleyes:LOL! Love your story, nice to know you a little better.

Julie, Great job on Imax Extreme. That one must be hard! Well done. Glad your honey is feeling better. LOL:eek::eek: "a bra wringer", you are too funny! Love it.:D Hope to see some push ups from you. It can only do us good, right?:rolleyes: Love your story too, I now know more about you as well. We all have the same goal. Being Healthy. It's a great motivator for me.

Cheryl, You will find a good time for you to work out, I know you will. It's hard I know, but you are doing great. What workout did you do? Joey and I have been together 22 years and been married for 20 years in June. I have always wanted a long relationship, and I now can say I do.:) I also love yoga and Cathe. Seems though, I don't do enough of yoga. You are inspiring me. Need to work that in somehow.

My Story: Was married twice before I met Joey. The first time I was only 18 and didn't know what I was doing. Way to young, and had a baby. The second time I was married to an alcoholic for 13 years. I sure learned what I didn't want in my life. He divorced me for a younger woman. It wouldn't have worked out anyway, too much pain.

I met Joey working at Boeing in a meeting. I was so attracted to him, I asked if I could take the minutes, even though I had no idea what I was doing. Joey helped me twice a week before the next weekly meetings. He actually wrote them for me. LOL I found out his wife died of cancer not long ago and he has 4 kids. 2 girls and 2 boys. Most all grown up. With my daughter and his 4 children I was in 7th heaven. By the time we married, (a year and a half after we met) none of the kids were left to live with us. I've always wanted 5. Though they may be grown up now, they always ask me for my intake on life and I know they all love me.

Joey retired about 2 years after we married and I quit Boeing to be with him. We traveled, for awhile, kids got there careers and we have our furry babies now to keep us entertained. We do love our little animals like family. Joey has two cats Winkle and Higgin and I have my dog Rolly.

We've been exercising together for years, started out with The Firm. Found out about Cathe from buying a VHS from the 2nd hand store, and was so impressed with her. Most of the time those are the ones we usually do. Joey is 72 years old, and it's hard for him with choreography, so we use the beginners workouts and work with heavy weight. I'm 59 and in April will be 60. I like using other instructors, and decided the only way to find time for it, is to double up on some workouts, at least once a week. So this year I decided to do just that.

Have a great evening everyone.

Janie

Last edited:
Good morning!

Pam: Yes, that's more personal information than I've shared before. Maybe some other people will be able to relate and join us. I hope your hip feels better quickly! I'm still trying to figure out all the abbreviations for Cathe's many workouts. KPC must be Kick, Punch, Crunch, though. Good job!

Julie: I would love to be able to get control of my diet. I wouldn't say that I'm out of control. I just stray a little off the path. :p I also have to pause the dvd on occasion when changing barbell weights. I have gotten into the habit of setting up my barbells the night before a workout. I have 2 of them, so I set up one for the first barbell exercise, and the other for the next. At least that way, I'm a little bit ahead of the game. I can't do the roll back moves very well either. I call them "flop backs". I go slower and do what I can. It's another thing to work on.

Cheryl: I hope your job stress gets better. Just as you are going to try afternoon workouts, I'm going to try to get back to the early a.m. workouts starting on Monday. I'm thinking 5:15 - 5:30 for a start time.

Janie: It was my pleasure to start this new thread under the new name. I'm glad I responded to your "Lurker's Invitation". :) I liked the story of you and Joey. Wow! You've doubled your pushup numbers in such a short time!! ;) Good job.

My daughter and I did Meso 2 #18 Back & Biceps yesterday. I love that workout. Today we've got 4 of the Ab Circuits workouts scheduled. My goal for today is to NOT give in to my popcorn craving. I can NEVER eat jus ta little bit.

Have a great weekend! :D Helen

Julie Imax is Extreme is so tough but so much fun. I used to reach for that one often when I wasn't doing a scheduled rotation. Definitely a bra wringer though :p Glad to hear DH is feeling better! I don't know about your husband, but mine can be a real pain when he isn't feeling well! :confused: Luckily that doesn't happen very often though.
I used to have these horrible barbells that were threaded and it took SO long to change them. I was always whining about it and one day last year DH came home with a new barbell for me! I guess he was tired of listening to me complain :p Then I ordered the quick release clips and it has made such a difference, but I STILL can't always change them as fast as Cathe does :confused: Of course sometimes I'm happy for the little break when I have to pause the DVD ;) You were my biggest motivator on the push ups, so I have you to thank for the progress I have made! Now I have a goal that I am working toward and that really helps!

Cheryl Sorry to hear that your morning workout was so tough. It sounds like you just need to find the time that works best for you. It doesn't help at all if you are just trying to drag yourself through the workout because you are so exhausted. I know you'll figure it out because you are so commited to your workouts.
It's so good that you have a great team at work, that certainly helps!

Janie Wow, you had quite the workout day! Good Job, especially on adding the pushups after all of that!!! Way to go!
I'm so glad to hear that you back is better too! Oooo....a roller sounds like a great idea. I don't have one, but maybe I need to get one. Just thinking about it is making my sore body feel better! OK, now I have more motivation on my pushups because I have to stay ahead of you!! ;)
You've been through some tough times in your life, so great that you found Joey! I sometimes think that we have the bad relationships so that we can truly appreciate the good ones! I think DH and I really appreciate what we have because we both had a bad first marriage.

Helen Thanks, my hip is already feeling better. I guess it was just one of those things. I don enjoy how we are all getting to know each other here. It's funny how you can get to know people that you've never met!
Yes, KPC is Kick, Punch and Crunch. I don't know if there are official abbreviations for Cathe's workouts, but I usually just use the initials because it's quicker to type!
Great job on Disc 18! I can't believe you are going to do 4 of the ab circuits workouts at one time! OUCH! You must like pain ;)
Not sure if this will help with your popcorn craving, but I buy the 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn and I have one of those for my afternoon snack. It is a LOT of popcorn, I was surprised. I know the microwave popcorn isn't the best from a healthiness standpoint, BUT this works great for me.

This morning was a double up day for me. STS Total Body and MMA Fusion. Whew! I was still a little sore from Total body on Wednesday and once I finished I thought there was no way I would make it all the way through MMA Fusion, but I did and it wasn't too bad :) I even did pushups after, but could only do 23. I still felt like it was an accomplishment because at the end of STS I said no way am I doing pushups today! Last night we got together for dinner with our waterski club. It was fun to see everyone since we usually only see each other in the summer. One of the guys commented on how much different everone looks with clothes on! Anyway, have a great Saturday everyone!

Pam

I did Muscle Endurance today. I noticed during at the beginning of the 3rd set of leg presses that my left glute is not as strong as my right. I guess it is natural for me to think my left arm would be weaker but I never thought about my butt muscles being unbalanced! I also did 25 pushups (after the warm up and before the weight work). I was quite happy with that as I thought for sure that taking almost two weeks off I would be starting at square one again.

Janie Great job on all your workouts! I bet that would be fun to jump on the trampoline while watching TV! I actually had a mental of image of you doing it when I read that and it made me giggle a little. ;) Makes me almost want to get one of those! Your story of how you met Joey is just too cute! I love it!

Cheryl I’m sorry you couldn’t give KPC your all the other morning. Hopefully your afternoon workouts will work out (sorry for the bad pun). Maybe they will be good stress relievers for your work days. It was also nice reading a little more about you. This is the first forum I have ever belonged to so I just find it so cool to be able to meet and connect with people that live so far away (and in another country).

Helen Great job on STS 18! Back is one of my favorite body parts to work (chest being the other). I have two barbells also but one is the threaded kind so I don’t use it except as a balancing stick for calf raises. I love popcorn too but I only eat plain air-popped popcorn. I bought an Orville Reddenbacher air popper from Kohl’s for $15 and I love it. It takes about 3 minutes to get 4 Cups of air popped popcorn (which is only about 100 calories).

Pam Great job on pushing through your double workout. That had to be very tough but I’m sure you were proud of yourself afterwards. Plus to do pushups after that is just amazing! I’m glad I was able to motivate you to do pushups. That is what we are all here for to support and motivate. Now I am trying to work those pushups back in my workouts. I did it today so that is the first step!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Janie Good job on your workout and your two pushups. You are two ahead of me :D. That would be fun jumping on the trampoline and watching TV. Ummm I can see the strange looks on my cats faces if they saw me doing that. You and Joey have been together for as long as myself and Frank though you have been married longer :D. I really like the yoga. I just need to do it more at home. It was nice reading your story. Actually it was nice reading everyone's story, it kinda makes us feel more like friends even though we will probably never meet each other in person.

Helen 5:15 - 5:30 seems like a reasonable hour to workout. I am really struggling with the 4 a.m. time though I love the thought of it being done and not having to worry about it after work. Wow you are going to do 4 of the Ab Circuit workouts. Good for you, I think my abs would be screaming after that. I gave into my popcorn craving last night. I really had a craving for chocolate but the popcorn had to suffice since I had eaten all the chocolate we had in the house :eek:.

Pam I did the same workout as you this morning. I was wondering if I should do one in the morning and one in the afternoon. But I figured I would get busy and then sluff it off so I got them both done this morning. I like that comment on how much everyone looks different with clothes on.

Julie It is nice that we can connect with people in other parts of the world. It was nice reading about everyone, it helps us get to know each other better. My Friday workout was not great but I did have a good one this morning. If I could start my workout at 8 a.m. every morning I would be very happy.

Well this morning was the same double dose as Pam did. STS Total Body and then MMA Fusion. I was a puddle of goo by the end but I sure did feel good. Workout Manager said that I burned over 800 calories this morning. Woo Hoo bye bye muffin top.

Have a great Satuday everyone.

Cheryl

Taking care of Adrian, and no cardio today, but, I did 3 pushups on my toes.:rolleyes:LOL, I felt that one. It's already getting harder. Hmmmmmm.

Helen, Great job on Meso 2 #18 back and biceps. Good plan for today. Were you able to eliminate the popcorn? I'm really glad you responded to the Lurkers group too. Look how far we have come together. It's so cool!:cool:

Pam, I agree, if it wasn't for some sad times in my life, I never would have recognized my real soul mate, Joey. Great job on STS Total Body and MMA Fusion. Isn't cool, how much more our bodies can do? Well done on those 23 pushups on the toes! Glad you had fun with your waterski club. Funny comment on looking different with clothes on. LOL:D

Julie, Great job on ME today, and the 25 pushups on your toes. Your body has a memory and it won't forget in just two weeks. Well done.

Cheryl, When I was using the trampoline, Rolly had that look. It was so funny.:eek: I always hope that one day, I could meet all of you. Wishes every now and then, come true.:) Great job on the STS Total Body and MMA Fusion. Wow! Over 800 calories burned, yes in deed good bye muffin top. Congratulations for a job well done! The both of you.

Have a wonderful evening,

Janie

Joining Your Thread

I was getting a little discouraged in the last checking on was on. For now I just wanted to say hi. I am currently doing Cathes Dec 09 rotation I will be back to esplain about my self and my workouts.

Roxie,

Welcome aboard! You have picked a great group of ladies. Smart, wise, and knowledgeable to help in motivating you through your fitness goals.

Can't wait to get to know you better, so looking forward to your next post.

Have a good one,

Janie

Janie Did you have fun taking care of Adrian today? Good for you on your three pushups. You are getting one more every day. Animals are so funny. Sometimes Tango will just sit there and stare at me. It is like he is trying to communicate with me through his eyes :confused:.

Roxie Welcome to our area here. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

This morning was Yoga at Lululemon. It felt so good since my butt was sore after yesterdays double header. My parents stopped in today for coffee before they head off to Yuma Arizona. They need to get somewhere warm and away from our weather here. We won't see them until April now.

Pam, Julie and Helen I hope you are having a great weekend.

Cheryl

Roxie: Welcome to you!:)

Cheryl and Pam: A double dose of Cathe is a triple dose of anyone else! Great job to both of you! Thanks for the popcorn advice...I caved in on Saturday evening. My kids went to the matinee (True Grit) and brought home a bag of movie theatre popcorn. AND...to top it off...we ordered take-out Chinese food for dinner. I was up at least 3 times during the night drinking water and I could NOT get my rings off my fingers this morning!!!! I am hoping I've learned my lesson! MSG is a terrible thing!!:mad:

Janie: Three pushups! Look at you go! :)

My two college kids went back to school today...one went 3 hours east and one went 2 hours west. :( It's always difficult to see them go, but even more so when they've been home for a month or more! I'm alone again in my workouts, too, but my daughter said she was going to look into downloading some Cathe workouts when she got back to school. :) Despite the pain, I think she's hooked on Cathe! ;):D

I will set my alarm for 5:15 tomorrow morning in an attempt to get my workout started by 5:30. Tomorrow is Meso 2 #19 Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's. I'll let you know how it goes.

Once again, welcome to Roxie! Have a good evening, all! :D Helen

Before I go to bed tonight I did 4 push ups on my toes. It's getting harder.

Cheryl, I did have fun with Adrian. What a sweet little boy. I know what you mean with animals eyes, especially when they glow. :confused: I love them, it is like they are communicating. Great job on the yoga. What is Lululemon? Joey and I stayed at Yuma for a couple of times. Once with my parents (along time ago) then by ourselves. It's warm and then there is Mexico to visit with all their art stuff. Great fun, and it beats bad weather.

Helen, Awe, it's hard to say goodbye to our children. They'll be back though and you can catch up again. You did your daughter a great example on being fit and healthy. Good for you!

Take care all,

Janie

I did High Step Challenge today and 25 pushups on my toes. I am trying to work the pushups in now in between the warmup and the actual workout part of the DVD. During HSC, I was still able to do all the regular pushups on my toes but the tricep pushups and decline pushups I have to go to my knees. I guess that tells me I've got stuff to work on (as if I thought I had nothing to work on before:rolleyes:)!

Cheryl Great job on your double dose-o-fun on Saturday! :eek: I wish I could start my workout later in the morning too. Actually, I wish I worked from home so that I didn’t have a commute! Oh to dream unlikely dreams! Great job on going to Yoga on Sunday! That is so lucky that your parents get to go somewhere warm for the rest of the winter. Not that I am counting; but there are 10 weeks left until the official first day of Spring!

Janie Great job on your pushups! Doing them by adding one every couple of days really does the trick. I’m glad you got to spend time Adrian even though you didn’t get cardio in. But sometimes that is a good thing to rest and have some family time!

Roxie Welcome to the group! I look forward to get to know you a little better and for all of us to motivate each other to continue to be our best.

Helen Chinese takeout sounds good but I’m with you in that the high sodium content and MSG makes it almost not worth it. I am sorry that it is tough seeing your kids off to college and now you have to go back to working out alone. I’m sure it was great bonding time to workout with your daughter over the holiday time.

Have a wonderful Monday!

I'm a little behind since I didn't check in yesterday so will get caught up now.

Julie Great job on ME. It is funny how you start to notice the muscle imbalances while doing these workouts isn't it?! I never thought about one glute being stronger than another, but it certainly makes sense. Great job getting right back into those push ups too. It's encouraging to hear that you were still able to do 25 after not doing them for a couple of weeks.

Cheryl It is funny the looks that our pets get sometimes isn't it? I oftern wonder what they are thinking. Of course if I say that my DH tells me that they aren't thinking anything because their brains are the size of a pea :rolleyes:
I had the same though as you on Saturday about possibly doing one of the workouts later in the day, but I knew that once I quit I would get invovled in something else and it would never happen so I was glad I went ahead and knocked them both off in the morning. I was a puddle of goo after that too!

Janie Glad to hear that you got to have some fun with Adrian. And great job on those push ups! Look at how much progress you've made is just 1 week! ^5! Sorry to tell you though but I don't think they ever get any easier :confused:
How're things going with the neighbor dogs since you stopped giving them treats? Are they still coming to visit?
I had a dream last night where I was working out on a mini trampoline! I guess I was thinking about you!

Roxie Welcome! It's great to have you join us. We'll be looking forward to hearing more from you!

Helen Oh boy, movie theater popcorn is hard to resist! That used to be the main reason I would go to a movie! My weekend wasn't so great from a food standpoint either. Our oldest was planning to go back to college on Saturday but then decided to stay another night to have another home cooked meal and requested that it be lasagne. So I made a huge lasagne for Saturday night's dinner. I was so hungry after that Cathe double dose Saturday morning that I ate a lot more than I usually do. Then yesterday morning I got up and had a HUGE blueberry pancake. Now I need to get back to normal for the rest of the week. :rolleyes:
Is that a normal reaction to MSG for you? Yikes!
I hope you were able to get your workouts in this morning! It will be really cook if your DD starts doing Cathe regularly now!

Janie You GO!!! Already doing 4 pushups, that is amazing!

This morning was Body Max 2 for me and 26 pushups on my toes. I may have to throw in another quick cardio later today after the food fest over the weekend! I wasn't too happy with the scale this morning, even though I know I could not have really gained 3 pounds since Saturday?! :confused: We are supposed to get snow AGAIN today so looks like I'll be working at home. They are closing the schools 2 1/2 hours early and it is supposed to turn to ice tonight :mad: b I am so tired of this crazy weather we are having. Errrrrr...... Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Monday!

Pam

Julie Looks like we were writing our posts at the same time again. Great job on HSC and those push ups! I'm with you, decline pushups and ESPECIALLY tricep pushups are killers for me. I can't even do 1 regular tricep pushup. I thought I had pretty strong triceps too, I have no trouble with dips. Oh well, there is definitely always sometime to work for isn't there?! Hope you had a great weekend!

Pam

Okay....so 5:00 came and went and I stayed in bed until 6:15. I didn't sleep well last night. Our son got a last minute call from a teammate of his whose flight from California was delayed due to the weather. Long story short, he was going to miss his connecting flight and had to change things up and fly into St. Louis with no connecting flight to Indianapolis. He called Owen (our son) in desperate need for a ride from St. Louis back to school in Terre Haute, Indiana, where they go to school. So, Owen's 3 hour trip back to school didn't begin until after 9:30 p.m.. I tossed and turned waiting for him to call us to let us know he made it safely. At 1:30 a.m., he finally called, and I was able to doze off, but then tossed and turned because of my early workout alarm!!:(

So...it's 8:10 and I'm getting ready to get my workout going. I'll check back in when I'm finished.

Helen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.