STK Done Got Serious 2/1-2/7

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Okay, Ladies, sorry I'm late opening up today.

Let's welcome in a new month with serious food control and serious workouts that will yield us serious results.
I'm just getting over a cold followed by sinusitis. I took the day off to continue with recovery.

Last month, I didn't meet my weight loss goal, but I'll take the -6.5 lbs and -7 complete inches gone as a sign that I'm on the right track. You know me: Ms. Positivity.

This month's goal is to loose 8 lbs and increase all weights by 10 lbs. I'm not sure what my rotation will be. I'll work on that today, but I know for sure I've got to keep my fat intake in check.

Where yall at?

I'm here!!

This morning I did STS 31.

My goal for this month is to lose 2-3 lbs. hopefully, last month I actually gained .5 lb. but my clothes are fitting looser so I know I have lost inches.

Shereta - 6.5 lbs is great!!

Kim

Hey, Kim. Yeah, I heard some people who gained a little and some who lost a little on STS. But all that I read lost inches and really that's what it's really all about. Getting than muscle gain.

Tomorrow I will attempt 30/30 + core from BM2. It may take me an hour to complete. hahahahahahaha

Today's workout was 30/30. Two minutes into the warmup, I realized this was not the workout to do when you're coming off of being sick. So, since I'm still alive, I will tell you this was not wise. But since I'm still alive, it didn't kill me therefore, it will make me stronger. Right? Right.

Tomorrow will be CTX UB.

Where yall at, Ladies?

Glad you are still alive to write about 30/30!! And you are definately stronger for the effort.

This morning I did 4DS LIS, I doubled all the step portions to make it closer to an hour. Worked up a pretty good sweat. Tomorrow is STS 32.

Hey, Kim. 4DS is one of my fav series. It's a huge fun factor for me.

Can you explain your scale-thing. What's the 72? Is that your goal of what ? Workouts?

Actually, my goals are simple. Loose 50 pounds before my 45 bday in Sept. What are yours?

One, thing I've got to be sure to do this year is listen to and obey my body. I definitely do not get enough rest and I know my health would be better if I made that a priority.

And that brings me to this: Yesterday I noticed i was still in recovery phase after my little weekend illness. I was tired a lot at work and feeling fogged headed and dazed at times. I knew it was not wise to workout yesterday, but I did it anyway. I decided to take a day off today and sleep in. I woke up feeling much better.

I cannot stress enough of how important it is to listen to the internal voice inside ourselves that tries to lead us into a whole, complete and well body.

Tomorrow's workout will have to be full body weights. Awwwwwwwwwww. I guess I'll have to get started with Muscle Max. lol

Alright Ladies, where yall at? Have you done got serious or what?

I'm Back!

Hey ladies, I'm back and I knoooooow I have some catching up to do. Had a very nice vacation in Cancun and didn't workout at all so I'm long overdue. I tried to eat reasonably well. Well, I haven't decided on my workout today. I'm also doing a two week whole body cleanse, and boy is it working...Well ladies, it looks like you two are on a roll and we are all in for some good praise reports. Look forward to joining the two of you and sharing in our success stories. Until later...i'm going to work on my rotation. Have a Great Day!

Good morning everyone!!

This morning I did STS 32.

Shereta - The 72 is my progress through the STS rotation, since I'm doing the 6 1/2 month rotation it goes out to 72. It doesn't seem accurate to me because I have just 2 weeks after this week and I will be done. My goal has been to try to lose 30 lbs. that has been my goal for about 2 years. However, I maybe happy with less weight loss if I continue to see inches lost and am wearing smaller sizes. I haven't given myself a date to achieve it, for some reason that puts to much pressure on me. So I just try to eat clean every week and get my workouts in. I hear you about listening to our bodies, I have to try to make myself do that sometimes, I get so wrapped up in finishing a specific rotation I don't listen when my body tells me to rest. STS has helped with that, it has been during my rest weeks that I've seen my results.

Well, welcome back Tara. I bel Cancun was beautiful. Lucking you. I think you'll have to be careful with your cleanse and working out too. Good luck.

Kim, I guess I need a little pressure to keep me on track cause I gained a little weight over the summer and had not been able to drop any until this past month. There are things I want to buy for my 45th birthday and I do not want to be disappointed. So, I think that's the fire that has been lit under me to help me reach that goal. 45 is the time leading into my senior years, so I feel pressure to get and keep my weight and overall health undercontrol. We'll see.

Editing to say,

I'm so feeble. I'm ditching my current rotation to do the one Cathe's setup for Feb. It's all short workouts. Maybe I'll stick to it. Maybe I won't. We'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:
6:58 AM

Okay, today's workout was Cardio Fusion Premix 1. I kept the step at 8 inch and began sweating immediately. lol I lowered when we got to the power circuits cause I'm not crazy. I do tell myself that when I'm 10 lbs lighter, I'll be able to do more, jump more, last longer. We'll seeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Alright, Ladies, who's next?

Good morning ladies!!

This morning I did 4ds bootcamp, I did each section twice to make it closer to an hour.

Tara - I bet cancun was beautiful and fun!! Welcome back :) I've heard of some people having fantastic results with cleanses, good luck with it.

Shereta - I think the Feb. rotation looks fun so I am tempted to join you, but I'm soooo close to finishing my 6.5 mo. STS rotation I will have to pick it up later.

I do have to share a victory I had tuesday night. We went out to eat before going to a basketball game, all day long I told myself I would just have a caesar salad with dressing on the side. When we sat down though I started making excuses to allow myself to have a big basket of chicken fingers drowned in the sauce that I like. After several deep breaths I compromised and got the salad with a small appetizer portion of the chicken along with the sauce on the side. I saved a ton of calories and was completely satisfied!! I really have to start doing that more when we are out and not using being out as an excuse to eat whatever I want.

Hell Ladies!

Yes Cancun was nice. Shereta did you hear something bad about working out and cleansing. Maybe there is something I don't know (let me know girl). I don't want to pass out. I am still hydrating and eating meals....let me know if there's anything that I need to watch out for as I wasn't informed before starting the cleanse.

Ladies, I had a wakeup call today. I watched Oprah and the topic was Diabetes and specifically the "african american" community and our eating habits. It definitely struck a cord with me because I had gestational diabetes with my daughter while pregnant. I was informed that I would be a high risk for type 2 diabetes in the future if I didn't lose weight and eat healthy. Ladies please pray for me as I'm struggling with finding the time to plan meals, workout, work, be a single parent and strive to become a healthier me. I know I'm busy, but I never use it as an excuse because I KNOW it can be done.

Ok now on with the good stuff...I have an exam this evening, so will workout late tonight (Shereta knows I'm still struggling with 5am workouts...) Shereta, I also am thinking of doing Cathe's Feb. rotation. I'm slow to get started back from vacation, but this show today ignited my fire!!!!!

GO LADIES!!!!!!

Okay, personal confessions: I love, love, love when I come home from work and find posts from my favorite peoples!!!!!!!!!!! Look at us, we're bonding. (sniff, sniff)

Kim, kudos for you for compromising and having a small postion of chicken and sauce with your salad. That conscious decision shows you really gotten serious about being healthier. Making better food choices will definitely help us all get to goal. I love all 4DS cardios. They are fun and Cathe seems to be so happy as she kicks my butt.

Tara, the only thing I've heard about cleansings is that they can zap your energy, but if you're eating meals too, you'll probably be okay. Good luck on your exam. ARe you taking courses online? I caught the last part of the Oprah show today and I thought of you. You are a very busy person, but I know you can do this. I read in WWers mag that if you just bake chicken, make brown rice and use frozen veggies - you'll always have a simple, healthy meal ready in minutes. Of course that all the time could get boring, but there are other ideas out there too. It's worth the extra time, but I know you know that already. Besides, baby girl, is watching your every move. (Oh, no - more pressure.)

I can't always cook healthy becuase of DH and DS (15). They would not be happy eating healthy meals all the time, so when I cook things that aren't so waist friendly, I fill up on fruits and veggies and have a little of the main course. Now that really helps me.

Cathe's rotation is all short workouts. I think I'll stick with it since it will help me rebuild my stamina. Kim, when do you finish your current rotation? Just jump into it when you can, mold it to your liking, and get er done. I started it late too, but I've already tweaked it to fit everything in this month.

Today's workout was Butts & Gutts, Premix 3= The evil Premix. Dang, I be hating on Cathe during this workout. I've done it before and it's not nice at all. It keeps repeating walking lunges, one-legged squats, squat/lunge series, firewalkers and a thousand more walking lunges. Dang, it's just evil.

I got up late, so I wasn't even fully awake when I started. But, I was/am determined to get my workouts in. I'm so serious about getting this weight off period. And today I could definitely see my legs and waist still slimming down even though the scale hasn't moved. Which is ok cause I'm more concerned about adding muscle and dropping actual weight.

Kim, what kind of leg workout is STS Plyo legs disc 26? I've got to find a sub for it for Tue. Thanks.

Who's got next?

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!!

This morning I did STS 33.

Tara - Life can get so hectic, I totally understand!! Definately will pray that you are able to find that balance to be able to eat healthy, and still be able to focus on all the other things that happen with life. I find that if I have my set routines that really helps me to stay organized. I have been trying the last few months to start planning my family's meals a week in advanced so that I know what I have to do when I get home from work as far as making dinner. I also utilize my crockpot as much as I can to make things easier.

Shereta - I have the same problem as you about trying to cook healthy when DH and DS (8) want to eat other stuff. Fortunately my DH just recently decided to start trying to eat healthier himself so that has helped me as I don't have to make a seperate meal for myself all the time!! I'm debating on doing Cathe's Feb. rotation or trying the Brazilian Butt Lift workout. I may do a combo of the two next. I can't remember what is in disk number 26, but all the plyo leg workouts are set up the same, one set of weight work (squats, lunges, deadlifts etc.) then one set of a plyo move (squat jumbs, step ups on bench with hop, hops over bench etc.) really wears those legs out!!

Kim

Hey Ladies!

How's it going? Kim and Shereta, thanks for your insight. I will definitely plan meals in advance. As far as my workout, well...I did Athletic Step....why, oh, why, oh, why could I only do 25 minutes before I got nauseated. Can you say "out of shape"? So, I packed my gym bag. I am going to make it up this evening by going to a spin class. Reason I'm going to the gym instead of coming home for a workout is because DD will NOT let me workout, she's TOO busy right now.

Bye!

Tara

Happy Saturday, Yall. I ate lots of chocolate yesterday. I thought the scale would bust me out today, but it was kind. I'm feeling pretty good today and in comparison to last Saturday when I could hardly find any comfort from the evil sinus pressure, WOW - what a difference a week makes.

Todays workout was Shock Cardio Core Circuit plus Pyramid UB. I've adjusted the Feb rotation, so when she lists a DoubleShot day, I've moved these to Saturday's when I have more time.

Kim, that is great the your DH wants to eat healthier. Yeah! and that's does make cooking so much easier. Thanks for the info on that workout, I'm sure I can find something else to sub. I'll work on that today.

Tara, On Thursdays I plan my meals and snacks out for a week (takes about 20 min), then do my shopping after work on Friday (takes about 40 min). That little time spent planning frees my Saturday for other stuff. And I'm also teaching DS about time management. Now these may take longer with your DD cause she's a baby, but I know you'll find a plan that works for you.

Kudos for going to the gym to get that workout in. That shows seriousness. It's hard sometimes working out around life, but this is part of our life now, and I'm pretty impressed with you for that. And as far as athletic step goes, I felt the same way halfway through it the first time. It was so funny to me. I really was pushing myself hard. I kept saying, "I don't care if I throw up, I'll clean it up later." Then I started cracking up all over again.

Well, tomorrow's workout will be IMAX 2. I'm looking forward to it cause that's my altime fav.

Are yall working out today?

Happy Sunday, Yall.

Today's workout was IM2. I was so strong during the workout today until I got to interval 8 and those dreaded sumo squats. I don't liike those so I skipped them and the last interval. Still burned 525 calories though. But, I recognized my limits and where I am right now. But, my legs didn't ache like normal. I'm definitely getting stronger. Even my heart rate was up higher than normal for Interval training, but I wasn't as winded.

Tomorrow will be pyramid Lower body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.