Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Starting 3 mo LIS/STS rotation Feb 12th

This is a discussion on Starting 3 mo LIS/STS rotation Feb 12th within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Wendy and Heidi, Wendy - you go girl on all that work this weekend! So no recovery for you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Catheite
MichelleW's Profile Fields

Hi Wendy and Heidi,

Wendy - you go girl on all that work this weekend! So no recovery for you this week?

Heidi - enjoy S&G. You have done that one before, right? I really like that one.

Thanks for advising on the virus/malware resolutions. I did see that SNM upgraded last week which should resolve this issue for awhile. Legit sites get hacked all the time.

Thanks for the accountability. I got off track last week. I only worked out once due to my evening schedule, tried to do AT on Tue was in process and was so tired I stopped. I decided that has to be my recovery week and I am going to do Disc 1, I believe it is tonight.

I really need to workout in the morning so my evenings are free for other commitments, but I would have to get up at 5 am and that is a struggle. I am more of a night person, but would love to become a morning person. Mornings here in South Florida are sunny and beautiful so I would like more time to enjoy before I have to get ready for work. I tried to get up earlier this morning, and it was earlier, but not early enough to exercise. So I am going to baby step it this week and maybe with the time change this weekend, it will be easier next week.

I will check in tomorrow.

Michelle
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
DeCathelete

Hi Michelle! Good to see you!

I am taking my recovery this week but it's shorter then the full week that is called for. I rearranged my rotation over the course of the month to fit everything in despite being out of town, etc and b/c of that the final week ran into the recovery a little bit. I rested y'day, will do light exercise thru thursday, rest friday and then start again with regular work outs this coming saturday. The "work out gods" are lucky I'm recovering AT ALL. I usually don't have the patience for it!

Morning work outs can be hard to get started on but once you get in the groove you find that they are the best way to make sure your work outs get done every day! I used to work out after dinner Mon-Fri and then on weekends I would exercise at whatever time was convenient. I did this for years until I had my son. When I had him and became a SAHM my work out times revolved around his schedule but over all they were during the day if not in the morning. That went on for 4 years until I went back to work full time. That's when I became a hardcore morning exerciser and have been for 2 years now. I get up at 5am five days a week to exercise. I used to get up even earlier when I first started (4am-4:30am!). It can be tough at times but really is worth the effort! The hardest part is learning to go to bed at a reasonable hour so that you can get up when the alarm goes off! LOL

Wendy

Last edited by Fit_mommy; 03-06-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Catheite

Hi again Wendy and Heidi!

I finished STS Disc 1. I am feeling the heaviness in my shoulders and bis. Lots of push ups. I have to modify due to my spinal arthritis, but I still got r'dun!

Thanks for the accountability because that is what helped me to force myself to get started tonight. I got a late start as I was on the phone with a friend I hadn't talked to in awhile. Another reason I need morning workouts.

It is legs tomorrow. Wendy - thanks for your insights about mornings. You are right, the tough part for me is going to be getting to bed early enough. I usually don't get to bed till 11 pm give or take and I need 7.5 hours of sleep, plus we need the sleep for muscle recovery - ugh - wish I could have the best of both worlds - . I am attempting to get up for a morning workout, but if I don't make it, then evening workout it is!

Wendy - what did you do today?

Heidi - do you still have DOMS and how was S&G? Did you do the full program? Next round of S&G, I think I am going for Double Trouble for a double dose of cardio. I need it to burn off some of my bad eating .

Thanks again, Ladies for our check ins. They are fun and they really help!

Michelle
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Catheite

Hey Wendy,

I noticed you did the STS 5.5 month program. I am familiar with the standard 3.5 month. Did you pyramid M1 M2 M3 M2 M1? Actually that would be six months.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
DeCathelete

Good Morning.

Today I did the ballet barre drills from Turbo Barre that I skipped a few days ago and finished up with STS extended stretch.

Michelle:: Great job with STS D1!!! Yeup-all of the push ups in Meso 1 can be overwhelming. Don't let it get to ya. Just do what you can! Glad we are here to help push you along in your work outs. That's what a check in is all about! I did the 5.5 month STS rotation which is every work out in Mesos 1 and 2 done twice and Meso 3 done once. It actually ended up taking me about 6 months to complete. It was loooong but I felt extremely accomplished and proud when I was done. My exercise A.D.D. as I affectionately refer to it NEVER lets me stick to a rotation for very long so 6 months was a monumental accomplishment! When I first started with early morning work outs I was going to bed at 8-8:30 and getting up at 4-4:30. It's since been pushed to a 5-5:30 wake up time depending upon the length of my work out and I go to bed absolutely no later then 10pm, always shooting for 9-9:30 just to be safe.

Wendy
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Catheite

Hi Wendy and Heidi!

Wendy - I actually got up this morning and did STS Disc 6 - Legs. Yikes! I think it was tougher because this is my first morning workout in years, but I got it done and it feels great that is is out of the way. I am going to attempt another morning workout tomorrow. It was hard to get to bed before 10 pm - didn't make it till 10:20 pm, but I will aim for 9:30-9:45 pm tonight.

I am considering the STS 3 month some time after this rotation. I may do a one month rotation, then go for the three month. I am not sure I can do the 6 month, but we will see.

Good stuff on TB. I like that workout.

Heidi - how are ya?

TTYL.

Michelle
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM
DeCathelete

Great job getting up for your work out y'day morning Michelle! What time did you get to bed last night? I hope in time for another early sweat!

This morning was Yoga Based Ab Circuits and about 15 mins of Yoga Max for me. This was my last recovery work out. Tmrw will be a rest day (if I can handle it ) and on Saturday I resume regular work outs!

Wendy
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
DeCathelete

Hello again.

Okay so I am changing up again for Month 2 of the rotation. At first I was going to just bail completely but I've thought better of it. I want to do all barre type work outs for my resistance training so I was initially going to set up a rotation of 3 days of barre and 3 days of cardio alternating. Well then I decided that I would miss AB too so I started thinking of how to incorporate it once a week. That lead me to the best idea! I am just going to replace the 3 weekly weight work outs with Barre wether it be upper, lower or full body. I won't split upper like the rotation does. I'll just do 2 complete upper body work outs for those weeks. I will also be inserting the cardio BUM BUM from BBL in place of either CSS or S&G each week or maybe adding it on to S&G could work too!

The work outs I will use for this are:

All three Squeezes (Squeeze, Squeeze Strong, Squeeze-Lower Body Challenge)
Tonique Premier
Brazilian Butt Lift
Turbo Barre
Booty Barre

I'm excited to get started!

Wendy
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 AM
DeCathelete

Body Rock 20 minute interval cardio + StretchMax #1 = DONE!

Tmrw I start Month 2 of the rotation. I have added an additional tweak to it besides the barre work. I will only be doing the shorter premixes of the LIS work outs that are called for. This way I can add more stretching/yoga if I want + it will change it up and last but not least, I just don't feel the need to do 45-60 minute work outs 6 days per week for extended periods of time anymore. Short spurts work for me!

TGIF!

Wendy
Old 03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Catheite

Hi Wendy and Heidi,

Heidi - I hope you are well. I believe this is your recovery week, right? Hope it has been a good one.

Wendy - You are so cute, changing up your rotation. Looks like you have it all covered. Funny thing, I was thinking this morning that I needed to cut down my workout time if I am going to get it done in the morning so was thinking of cutting out a few chapters from STS and doing a pre-mix of the LIS sections. Then I even thought about just stopping the three month rotation and just doing LIS. I am going to finish out my week tomorrow and will then decide. I like what you are doing by cutting down LIS, same thoughts I had. That way, I can add Stretch Max or extended stretching.

My grandma is in ICU and may not make it - my Dad called me in the middle of the morning so I didn't sleep well and didn't get up this morning. So I will be doing the next STS upper disc on the list and will attempt a premix of AT too for some cardio.

Have a good weekend.

TTYL.

M