++Start Working MELTERS! It's Monday!++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting us started. I did an I-Tread this morning...one of the 40 minute ones that really is 44 minutes...that Grace! She's a killer.

BB in a bit

Deb:)

Morning Deb and other melters.

I had a busy but fun weekend. Sorry to not be around much. Everytime I sat down at the computer and tried to catch up, it was time to get up and go somewhere!

We had a good time at the amusement park Sat. It's such a nice little family owned park. No admission fee, lots of trees, pretty good food. They have two really good rollar coasters, but I'm with Deb. I can't do anything that goes round and round anymore. Sunday was full of chores and pizza. Tristan called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I chatted with him a bit, then told him he couldn't talk to his dad, since he was out mowing the lawn. Tris said, "That's OK. I talked to him an hour ago. He called to tell me to call you."

The scale was up a couple pounds this morning, so I'm going to have to get serious with what goes into my mouth. I haven't been paying too much attention lately.

Shelley, I hope you feel better now that MD is behing us.

Tneah, I love convertibles! Of course, I have pretty short hair, so that isn't an issue. We rarely go on long trips with ours though. The farthest we go is up to the Finger Lakes for a weekend.

Leanne, this is the last week of school for DD and DH. I think summer will be hectic for us too though. DD will have an hour commute to her job/internship, so we will be doing babysitting duty for at least part of the day. I'm hoping DH can get the smelly old cat pee covered carpet replaced this summer. Of course, that has been the project for the last 3 summers and he hasn't gotten to it yet.

Hi to Shannon, Lainie, Kara, anyone else stopping by. Time for me to head to work. Later.

Hello Melters.

WOW!! It's Monday again. :(

Tonight, I'm going to buy a new printer from Walmart and my tv cables for my converter box. Today, at work, I'm asking for time off (since I've got it) to take care of stuff here at the house and other stuff.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Hi, I'm back.

It's about 50 degrees here, kind of rainy, but not raining at the moment. We just got back from walking the dog. 4 more weeks and we will have the new puppy.. I can't wait!:)

Robin:
It sounds like you had a great Mother's day. I love the call from Tristan:) . I am with you on starting to really watch what I eat. DH gave me sponge candy for Mother's day ( from Kelsey & Fritz, of course!), and I ate 5 pieces last night:( ..once I start on chocolate, I can;t stop. Where do you go in the FingerLakes? We spent a lot of time there in my competitive shooting days.

Shelly:
Did you get to the dog park again yesterday? Your dogs are so lucky to have you as their "human"! I get kind of afraid of dog parks... there is one place around here ( actually at LaSalle park behind the Peace BRidge) that lets people bring their dogs to run around, but there are some nasty dogs there, one actually attacked a small dog and almost killed it...That is the problem with them, unless you know the people well, you don;t know what their dogs are like.

Leanne:
I didn;t do the shoulder part of S&H, only legs. I am doing a 3 day split with one leg day ( usually S&H or 4DS), then I split PUB into 2 other days so I can do the whole pyramid for the rest of the upper parts. What is your pre-workout snack?

Kara:
I hope you had a fun Mother's day! I love that recipe! I would like to try it, but I would have to add some meat for DH or he wouldn;t eat it!

Lainie:
Your walk sounds nice! How lucky you are to have a path like that right near you. I have to drive to get somewhere like that to walk. In my house, I am the one pushing all the papers around! Are you still following the BFL eating? Did you see the new book by Bill Phili's brother? I requested it from the library.

Leanne:
mmmmm... chocolate chip scones..yum! :9 ..what a nice DW you are to bake those for your DH. I would like the recipe, but hazelnuts are not my favorite.. can you sub something else in there?

Jennifer:
sorry to hear about your foot giving you grief! You need to rest, girl! LOL..is it true that if you have cable already, you don;t need to get one of those converter boxes?

Tneah:
Glad the trip was safe. Sending you (((hugs)) on losing your Mom so early. Not being a Mom, and not having a Mom, makes Mother's day kind of sad for me too. If you can do a week of circuits, I give you cudos! Somehow I feel cheated when I do those, because you have to lighten the weights so much. ( at least I do! ). I sold all the ones from that series that had Butts & Gutts... I didn;t like any of them. Help us feel better too.... which stars have the worst cellulite? :7

p.s anybody who order, sick of waiting for STS? I almost forget that it's even coming!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Good morning, ladies!

I guess I'd better check the weekend thread to see how everyone's went. Mine was very nice, but a lot busier than planned. A bunch of us went out to eat for lunch yesterday in honor of the mothers.

My ceiling fans are installed and work beautifully. Maybe I can save a few bucks this summer by using them, instead of turning the air conditioner on early. Heaven knows I need to. Gas is killing me.

Robin - Tristan's call sounds like something my brother would do. :D But at least he did it! I'm with you on watching the food. My scale hasn't gone up, and my measurments are holding steady, but too much unclean food is starting to make me feel icky inside, you know?

Jennifer - I hope you get the day off, and that you have time to do more than just the necessary stuff. Maybe you should take two days!

Deb - you ARE going to post a picture of the new puppy when he arrives, aren't you???? As for waiting for STS... goodness. Were you in on the presale for the "circuit series", as we call it? Now that one took a loooong time, since that's when Cathe hurt her knee. I think STS is coming along really quickly. But no - I'm not getting it.

Morning All!:)

Whew, I am actually glad yesterday is done and over with. It was a long, long day.

Deb, you were in shooting competitions?:eek: Like guns? WOW mama, thats pretty cool.Sponge candy covered in chocolate?:9 That stuff is so good and sweet its almost coma inducing. I agree about doggy parks, you never know about what other dogs will do, Georgie had two operations on his knees when he was younger, so I am always worried about other dogs jumping on him. I know what you mean about STS...I hate circuits as well, but really need to do something totally different right now to shock my body.

Robin, so glad you heard from your son, kids are funny aren't they? I had to remind DH to call his mom yesterday too.;) I am with you on eating better this week, I really didn't pay alot of attention to my own diet plan last week, and especially yesterday.

Jennifer, are you hooking up your box and cables yourself? Good luck.:) I am terrible at all things wire-cable related.

Shannon, good to see ya this morning! I love our ceiling fans, hope they do cut back on your gas bills, ours are so high once it starts getting hot here!

Hi to Leanne, Shelley ((hugs))to you both,I know yesterday was tough..and Lainie bug!:7

So I was looking through Cathe's rotations to find a circuit one, she has the bootcamp rotation that looks super hard, one day she has you doing bootcamp twice for pete's sake!:eek: The other one I am looking at is Feb.07' cardio/muscle endurance...which looks friendlier..not sure what to do...

Tneah - why don't you just make up your own rotation, so that you have whatever mix of weights and cardio that you want? Want to see what I'm doing for the next month (actually, it's six weeks)? Give me a yell. It's going to keep my body guessing, that's for sure.

Yes! Shannon, I would love to see what you are doing. My only issue with the rotation is some of her workouts are over 60 minutes, I will workout twice a day if I need to, but each workout cannot go over 60 minutes, I lose focus and start getting "angry" for some reason.:7

Hey everyone,

I'll post the recipe for the scones a bit later on today once I get some work done. I think that subbing something else for the hazelnuts would be fine!:)

This week is my last week of teaching (finals are next week), but it'll be super busy. I have a TON of grading to do today, and then this week is the week when I have to oversee the exit/final exams for our remedial writing class; the students take their final exams a week early, and I have to make sure that all goes smoothly for about 800 students. I'll also have to go into work on Wednesday for the exam that day, and then on Friday I have to run the group grading session, when about 50 instructors come in to grade the exams. To top it off, each semester I organize an outing for our students to see a play, and this semester the only day I could get (we'll be seeing _The Glass Menagerie_) is this Thursday evening. It's going to be a super long day that day! The Friday grading session is always especially stressful, so I'm going to be a super happy camper once Friday evening at 6:00 comes!:)

Deb -- You were a competitive shooter?? Wow! When did you do that? Sounds interesting! Now what is sponge candy? I've never heard of it, but, if it's chocolate, it must be good! My pre-workout snack is usually a light, whole-wheat English muffin toasted and with 1 TB total almond butter on it. If I eat it 20-30 minutes before a workout, it gives me plenty of energy, without sitting too heavily in my stomach. I'm with you on STS -- I can't wait for it to get here, but I'm also tired of waiting!;-)

Robin -- What a great call from Tristan! :) Sounds like the amusement park was a blast. I'm down to my last week of teaching, too, but it'll be a crazy week. Hopefully your DH will get that carpet replaced this summer! I'll join you in the need-to-clean-up-the-eating group. ;-)

Tneah -- Glad you made it back safely to Vegas! I was thinking of you, too, yesterday in our group missing their moms. So how was the issue of Stars with Cellulite? What a great way to cheer up! Like Deb asked, which stars have it worst? If you don't like circuits, can you sub something that's more fun?

Jennifer -- Sorry that your ankle is acting up again! Did your road trip go well? Sounds like a good idea to take some time off of work so you can get stuff done.

Kara -- Thanks so much again for posting that recipe! And how was graduation?

Shannon -- How was your weekend? Did you get to spend some time with your mom yesterday? Glad that your fans got installed!

Lainie -- How was the rest of your day yesterday? Your trail walk sounds lovely!:)

Good morning everyone!

Leanne—Please post your scone recipe! They sound wonderful! Were you able to relax and have some fun yesterday? I sure hope so. Does your summer break begin soon? You must really be looking forward to it! I didn’t go to the ceremony on Saturday because the kids had playoff soccer games and Colin had to march in the Rodeo Parade which was quite interesting. Parades have a way of bringing out odd characters…lol.

Deb—Glad your meeting wasn’t too bad on Saturday! So, DH has a meat requirement, eh? Bummer. Mine used to until he developed ulcerative colitis and completely changed his diet. He still drools at the thought of bacon…lol. I am so excited for you and the new puppy. How fun!

Robin—It sounds as though you had a lovely weekend! Your DH is on the ball for calling Tristan ahead of time! Is DD excited to begin her internship? It is wonderful that she has you and your DH to help. Have a good day at work!

Jennifer—Happy printer shopping! I hope you are able to get some time off!

Shannon—ahhh, ceiling fans are great, aren’t they? Do you have a long commute to work? Our family budget is being slaughtered due to gas and food prices. It is frustrating! Have a good day!

Shelley—How are you doing? Were you able to relax at all this weekend? I hope so. Did you make it to the garden center?

Lainie—Your walk sounded beautiful! It is so great that you are able to walk to so many places. I would love that!

Tneah—Glad to be back home? Ohhhh, that bootcamp rotation was hard! Have you decided what to do next? Good luck!

Well, guys, yesterday didn’t turn out all that great. Oh well. I did CC#7 on the elliptical and spin bike this morning and really worked out my frustrations. Coach Sean knows just what to say! I have to stick something in the crockpot, clean, and take Colin to get braces today. Poor guy! This way he won’t have them in college! Have a good day all!
Kara:)

Leanne--Hi! I didn't see that you had posted. My you have a busy week ahead. I hope it all goes smoothly and quickly! Good luck!

Kara :)

Thanks for you willingness to post the recipe! No hurry though! :)

Hey everyone,

Here's the recipe for the scones! Just be warned that they are definitely *not* clean. The cookbook I got the recipe from also doesn't have any calorie counts. (Does that mean that we can follow the rule that if there's no nutrition info available, then they're low-calorie?!}( )

Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Scones

2 c flour
1/3 c firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 TBS unsalted butter, chilled
1/2 cup buttermilk (I use skim milk and they turn out just fine)
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c toasted, chopped hazelnuts

1. Toast hazelnuts by placing on a baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, shaking the sheet a few times until nuts are golden. Cool and then rub off any skins. (I do this in my small toaster oven while my regular oven is preheating.)

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter a baking sheet. (I use a scone pan that I bought a few years ago from Williams Sonoma and spray it with Pam.)

3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut the butter into small cubes and use a pastry blender or two knives to distribute it into the flour.

4. In a small bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.

5. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and hazelnuts until dough is sticky. (I use my hands.)

6. Spread dough into an 8-inch-diameter circle in the center or the baking sheet (or put in scone pan). With a serrated knife, cut into 8 wedges.

7. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until lightly browned.

8. Remove baking sheet from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Transfer scones to a wire rack or plate and re-cut if needed. Serve warm. Enjoy! :)

Hey again,

Shelley -- I just realized that I didn't say "hi" this morning and I thought I did! I'm so sorry! How was your day yesterday? Did you get to relax a bit?

Kara -- Sorry that you had to miss graduation on Saturday and that yesterday wasn't a good day! Did the family take you out to celebrate Mother's Day and graduation anyways? If they didn't, it's not too late!;-) That rodeo sounds like it was fun! I think it's great that Colin will have his braces now so that he won't have to have them later on.

OK, so I wasn't going to have a scone today, but now I feel like I really need one after typing up those directions. The plate of scones is calling to me . . . how can I resist?!;-)

Tneah - check your PMs. :7

Leanne - oh boy, just one more week! You lucky lady!! I did have a good weekend! I spent time with Mom Saturday and Sunday, and it was very nice. Ahem - I will not be copying that scone recipe. :eek: :9 They sound way, way toooooo good!

Kara - I'm sorry yesterday was a bust for you. Hang in there... maybe this weekend will make up for it! Yes, I have a looong commute - 97 mile round trip every day. Ugh. And our company doesn't allow telecommuting. Sad, isn't it?

Thanks again Shannon!

I did BodyMax2 the whole way through for the very first time. Too long for my taste.x( But the cardio part was really fun.I also did the 200 jumping jacks along with it.

Leanne, the scones look so dang good. Might have to make them for tomorrow's business meeting. Your week sounds so busy, I got tired just reading about it! How fun, taking your "kids" to a play! I remember seeing that movie or reading the book, cannot recall which. I actually powered through a whole book yesterday, am on a 'reading kick" lately.

Kara, whatcha cookin' in your crockpot?
:9 I love the crockpot, anything you put inside and cook for 8 hours turns out, and makes you look like this fantastic cook.:) Which I am sure you are!

Where is Lainie and Shelley today?

I am running errands today, maybe even stopping by DVF at the Palazzo to check out the dresses..sigh, this is supposed to be fun, but is turning into a mess. The skirt I ordered from Anthropologie was hideous on...

Oh! Stars with cellulite? Poor Mischa Barton has it really bad, Cindy Crawford, Janice Dickenson, and the worst was an actress I did not know...but even my gal Jennifer Aniston had it. But then again, doesn't everyone in the glaring light of day at a certain angle have the cottage cheese happening? Oh, and Pam Anderson too! It makes me feel bad that these pics get posted like this, but good too, because we are all human and struggle with the same body stuff. I just wish cellulite was considered "sexy" that would be cool. I have even seen men with it!:eek:

Hi everyone~

Sorry I haven't been around today. I'm not in a very good mood - very down and sad - and don't feel very chatty.

Thanks for the recipe, Leanne. I might make them tonight, so I can continue traveling down the self-deprecation highway, as my SO calls it.

I'm here, finally. I've just had a busy sort of day...again. I managed to do my workout while Ewan was at school this morning. I did Tracey Staehle's Circuit Zone. It's the first time I've done the whole thing--last time I did a premix. I really really like this workout. I give it two thumbs up. Only thing I'd change is I wish there was more bicep work. Maybe next time I'll just heavy up on that part or do it twice or something. It's very heavy on leg work, though, so it's weird that I like it so much, since I usually don't like doing lower body work much.

Right after I got home from picking up Ewan, there was a bang on the door and it was a guy delivering our new windows. I had no idea they were coming today. The installation guy is coming tomorrow so they'll sit in our dining room overnight, I guess. Right after the window guy walked out the door, Ewan's speech therapist arrived. Then right after he left I had to put Ewan down for his nap and do some cleaning. Just been that kind of one thing after another day. I'm also worn out again. Ugh.

OK, just had to run pick up Isaac from the bus stop since writing the last paragraph. I'll bbl for personals after I take a shower (been putting that off since I knew I had to get out to the bus stop).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey everyone,

Just got done doing Kick Max and am having a shake and dawdling instead of getting my butt into the shower so I can get to the grocery store and then back to grading. UG!

I just called Kaiser (my insurance/HMO) to see about getting in to get my body fat tested. I've been completely obsessing about this lately -- can you tell?!;-) I *think* I'm about 16%, but I also think that the calipers could be lying to punish me for obsessing so much. (I grew up Catholic -- can you tell that, too?!) When I called Kaiser just now, they said that they do testing for only $20, so I'm waiting for the woman who does it to call me back.

Shelley -- Sorry that you're not feeling chipper today. Sending you {{{HUGS}}}! Are you feeling down after yesterday? I think that the scones might be just what you need to help you feel better -- and you can make Chris and Sophie eat the leftovers so that you're not tempted to devour them all. Relax and do some fun stuff tonight to feel better! Do you have a funny movie you can maybe watch or a good book to read?

Shannon -- I can't believe that your commute is so long! Are you still thinking about getting a Prius? My DH has had his for almost two years now, and when he first wanted to get it, I thought he was crazy since we had paid off his Ford Explorer -- but he knew that the gas savings alone would make the new car payment. Now that gas has gone up even more (I just paid $3.93 the other day!), the Prius more than pays for itself with what he would have been spending on gas. You should consider it!

Tneah -- Yikes! BM2 is a killer! It's such a L-O-N-G workout! Good for you for doing it all -- and those jumping jacks! What book did you read yesterday? You must be such a fast reader! Sorry that the whole dress shopping thing is turning into such a pain. Hopefully you can get something today and then not worry about it anymore! Those poor cellulite-ridden stars -- it does make them seem more human, doesn't it?

Lainie -- What a crazy day it's been for you already! Glad you liked Circuit Zone! I've only done it once, but hope to get do it again soon.

OK, I'm back again.

Robin, sounds like you had a pretty good and eventful weekend. How's Monday treatin' ya?

Jennifer, hope you get all your errands done tonight.

Deb, I am following BFL as far as eating but not really following the exercise plan. I had trouble doing everything properly with my injuries and stuff so I decided to do my own thing as far as exercise, at least for the time being. I haven't weighed in recently because I decided it wasn't going to be nice when I had my period last week. I'll have to weigh in soon and see if I've made any progress. I didn't know Bill P's brother had a book now--might have to look around for it.

Shannon, ooh-new ceiling fans! I need some more of those put in my house some time. I'd love to have one in my bedroom and in the living room. Right now we just have one in the dining room. At least we'll have our new easier-to-open windows soon. We don't even have a/c up here so we really need fans. On the other hand, our average temp is probably lower than yours anyway.

Tneah, any luck picking a rotation yet? Have you looked over FitnessFreak's rotations on the rotations board? Check out her Get Ready for Summer Rotation from Summer '07: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=7210&mesg_id=7210&page=

It's funny how much of the rotations board is taken up with people asking Fitness Freak for help. :) Maybe she should be a co-administrator with Cathe. (Is it sacrilegious to say such a thing?)

Oh, and Tneah, when you say you get angry at long workouts, I'm picturing a Hulk-like moment. :p

Leanne, good luck with your last week of the semester! Hmm, Kick Max, my first Cathe workout. Haven't done that when in a while but I love it (though you won't see me doing tucks and air jacks like Cathe's).

Kara, glad Colin's getting the braces. I'm hoping to get mine soon and I'm 33. x(

Shelley, sorry you're having a grumpy day--hope it gets better for you soon, lovemuffin. (Does it help that I just called you a lovemuffin?)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey all,

Back from runnin' around town. Will dress shop tomorrow...not in the mood today.

Shelley,sorry you are feeling so down chica, did the "lovemuffin" remark help--Lainie is so cute.:)

Deb, I mailed your serum this AM.

Leanne, thank goodness you are getting it done!:7 I know its been bugging you so bad, now there will not be any question that you are one fine foxy chica with zero bodyfat.:p

Lainie, yep, thats about right, I do get "Hulk-like" I start swearing at Cathe and then start daydreaming! And thanks I will look over FF rotations, she is pretty awesome. The SNM group did admonish a bunch of people for asking her questions on the rotations thread which I think is silly, its obviously not her site, but her help is warranted, especially since Cathe cannot answer very many questions, and obviously this is a woman who knows her stuff. Think she might be working on her own questions and answers web site?

Shannon sent me her rotation which looks awesome, and I think I might do a little combining of hers and Cathe's Bootcamp, because I like to torture myself apparently.

I am cooking fish and broccoli at the same time,,,,phew!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.